Maverik Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
typical day at Maverik
Assist in Daily (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, WYAugust 4, 2018
A typical day is customer service taking care of customers needs and wants, cleaning the store, stocking shelves, handling money correctly, banking, daily paper work.
It's Okay.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 2, 2018
It was a good job that worked well with my schedule. A little on inconsistent workers. Night shifts was a little harder to work in because there was always one or two people working and not enough coverage. While morning shift and afternoon shift had plenty or sometime even more people to work.
Fun work place
Lead Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJuly 25, 2018
Loved working there great team members to work with, fast steady work environment.

I learned more in accounting, customer service skills, also supervisor skills and responsibilities.

You defiantly need to be able to multi task if working here and always be able to help out your team members if the are struggling or need help. it if a very fast past environment.

loved the group of people I got to work with. enjoyed the customers great people around.
Pros
fast move up potential.
Cons
short breaks
Getting to know the regular customers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at maverik mainly because it was near where I lived and I enjoyed getting to know the regular customers that came in. I like working in customer service.
Pros
Felon friendly
Cons
No breaks, management
it was okay
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJuly 19, 2018
they are nice people. some times they can be rude and not helpful at all. They are a high paced place to work and you have to get the job done and not mess around.
Very laid back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDJuly 17, 2018
It was a great job i worked with great people however when i transferred the manager i had hired to many people and cut me down to one day a week and when someone called in and i couldnt go in he fired me as a no call no show.
Detailler
Wash Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nlr, ARJuly 14, 2018
I washed and drive 18 wheeler truck then cleaned the interior and exterior of the truck for future drivers of the company then parked it back after down with exterior
Pros
Good job freeway food
Cons
Get a lil hot outside
Not workable
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 9, 2018
I would have a day off, when I come to work the next day they would blame me for someone else mistakes for the day I had off. The manager would not listen to me about the problem at hand. I would tell them I was not here for the mistakes that person did.
I was only trained to make sandwiches & clean up the bakery after closing time but I got blamed for the lunch bakers mistakes as well.
One day I got a phone call telling me that something was not cooked right for a customer. I told the manager I did not bake anything that day I was cleaning up the bakery area.
I was let go for that other bakers mistakes. I was not trained on registers until I got to the other store then they trained me on registers.
Pros
great pay, benefits, discounts.
Cons
customer service, understanding, training.
Fun Environment, Low Pay, Unreliable Staff, Unorganized
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJuly 3, 2018
I've worked for 8 months and in that time I've seen a lot of employees come and go including managers, there's a terrible ratio of younger to older employees as there needs to be someone there 21 or older at all times and there aren't many cashiers there who are 21 (most of the staff are teens to 20) so that messes up the scheduling for the few older employees, you can only sign up for benefits once a year so if you miss it then you're screwed, there's always a very confused and unorganized feel to the store overall, it took awhile but the current management is good as both the Ops Manager and Store Director are nice.
Pros
Decent Discount on Food, Good Management, Fun at Times
Cons
Low Pay, Unorganized, Employee Age Ratio Is Always Off
Fun place, relaxed
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2018
Working overnight was easy. Its hard work working alone but worth it. Management was great. Fun environment. Standing overnight for 8 hour shifts. The staff.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working overnight
Good for a starting job.
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  Stansbury Park, UTJune 24, 2018
Good for a starting job. My adult life just demanded for a higher salary than what they could give. I did get raises and my store director was very accommodating of my school schedule.
Relaxed and fun.
Gas Attendant/Cashier' (Former Employee) –  Baker City, ORJune 22, 2018
Since I was pregnant my entire employment, working at Maverik was pretty easy for me. I was a fuel attendant for a few months until I could not inhale the gas fumes that hurt the baby. Even though I was pregnant I still did my best to run around and get to every customer in a decent manner. The co-workers I had with me out in the parking pumping gas were very understanding about my situation and did the best they could to do a little extra to help me out. In my personal opinion, Maverik never got as busy as working at Chevron did but it was never slow paced either. There was a lot more work to do inside the store, but it was never put on one person. Everyone working on shift did their share of the chores and helped their co-workers with their chores if they asked or if it looked like they needed some assistance. The manager that worked there was also relaxed, stricted and very understanding. She did the best she could to make her employers happy, but also wanted the area manager happy. I think the hardest part of the job was just simply bending over while I was in my late stages of pregnancy. The most enjoyable part about working at Maverik was meeting new people and working with great co-workers.
Exhausting and Uncompromising.
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Greybull, WYJune 20, 2018
It's a gas-station. The work is soul crushing and draining, but it's work. Any upward mobility comes from those above you being arrested, fired, or quitting. The job demands constant work, even though the tasks at hand don't warrant it.
Pros
Half-off 6 items a day, a surprising amount of insurance
Cons
Literally everything else.
Stressful and Not Worth It
Bakery/Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 8, 2018
6 months working at Maverik felt like 20 years. Poor management and lazy workers paired with terrible hours, made it unbearable to work there any longer.
Easy going, fun, busy.
BAKERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 29, 2018
it’s been a great job and I’ve had great opportunities but management is hard to work with. They aren’t there to help like they should be and if something goes wrong they blame you instead of making everyone responsible for their actions.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor management
Interesting
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVMay 27, 2018
It’s a great place to work as long as your managment is decent. I was trained in every “department” so it’s a great learning experience. You’ll enjoy it as long as the pay is worth it.
Pros
You somehow never tire of the food
Cons
3, 10 minute breaks. Unfair and illegal in most states
Maverik Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 24, 2018
Maverik was surprisingly a very fun job to have. even on days that are super busy your team is always willing to help you out and keep things moving. They care about their employees and are willing to work with scheduling. They make sure that their employees feel safe and comfortable at all times I very much love the company.
Poor Management, Stressful Workplace
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 22, 2018
I wasn't very impressed with the management. She was always criticizing everything that I did, constantly. I enjoyed my job, but not my boss. She is the problem, not anyone else.
Pros
The customers, and the atmosphere.
Cons
Only 2 - 15 minute lunchbreaks in an 8 hour period.
Stressful
Fresch Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 17, 2018
Maverik in my experience was difficult. Working with people who tended not doing their part. And schedules always changed. It was a fast pace job and i did like that about the position.
Nightmare
Adventure Chef (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 12, 2018
Completely disorganized and poor management when reopening the store. The new General Manager hid in the office 80% of the time and was rude to customers and employees.
Pros
I worked full time +
Cons
Not enough staff to make bakery run smoothly