Maverik Employee Reviews

Operation Manager/Assistant Manager
MANAGER OF OPERATIONS AND ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMarch 20, 2019
Work day with my position depended on what shift scheduled for. Duties included daily book process, Product ordering, receiving product upon delivery and paperwork involved with that. Training of New Hire employees. Audits of all product within the store. merchandising product set by corporate order. Hardest part of the job was to problem solve complaints from customers, whether a calm customer or a angry customer. Frustration that at times when dealing with customer complaints that no matter what and how far i would go to satisfy them. during my time with this company and within my position it was satisfying when employees communicate there satisfying work day when i was manager in charge of the shift i may be working and they were associate that worked with me. the appreciation that i treated everybody fairly and each and every employee contributed to our successes of goals to meet. My Biggest and most rewarding part of my position was when several employees learned and grew to different positions because i was not threatened in my position that teaching and training individuals all knowledge i had an that played a role in their advancements.
not a great place to work
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 19, 2019
I'm sure not all Maveriks are bad but the store I worked at the store director was a joke. she did not have her employees safety in mind, she would also give me 2 hour shifts that were a waste of my time.
Pros
great benefits package, 50% off edible items while on the clock
Cons
no breaks terrible management
Accounts Payable
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2019
6 AP clerks
6 AR clerks
6 Fuel Clerks
Maverik is a fun place to work, sad it was low wages.
Team Player is key factor with Maverik, we all help each other.
They push to get to know how each of our jobs affect each other.
I started in AP then moved to Administration to send out the guys to fix the Maverik Stores paint/ electrical/gas issues
Adventure First Stop
Prescott Valley - Lead Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 15, 2019
Maverik is a great place to work as a company, but individually the store director and district manager is another thing. I enjoyed my job and the employees but it became to political for me. There were certian standards that needed to be done but not enough staff, time, or product to do it.
Pros
Great buisness, staff is amazing
Cons
Store director and district manager play favorites
Great work place & environment
West Jordan - Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 14, 2019
Maverick is a great gas station/store and they are nothing but a cleaned store. Definitely recommend a friend to work at maverick. Great experience and work environment.
Great for Students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clinton, UTFebruary 13, 2019
I worked part-time while I was going to school. This led to one hard decision while going, which was how I wanted to obtain my dental, vision and healthcare as it is not provided to part-time employees.
Cons
Short to no breaks
Not much to say
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, ID 83402February 12, 2019
It's a gas station. It's not too bad but it pays poor and the hours can be ridiculous. You could pull an 8 hour shift till 2 A.M and then have to work at 8 A.m.
The staff were more about themselves rather then the Team or store
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 10, 2019
Non work related matters. Rumors. Obvious harrassment of different sorts. Responsibilities and store duties neglected or passed down the chain of command. Built up PTO goes missing. Hours get cut. Incompetent management.
Pros
Customers, cooler time
Great management, good benefits,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wendell, IDFebruary 7, 2019
Awesome management staff good benefits laid back work environment. Fast paced great customers. Fun work environment. Good company to work for. Opportunity for advancement.
ok place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 7, 2019
its basically the same as any convenience store around. they pay good for what you have to do. dont count on it being a career though because the turn over rate is high
Pros
free drinks
Cons
turn over rate
Not the best
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 4, 2019
The job was easy, but the management, scheduling, and the pay all are pretty terrible. It is tolerable for awhile, but they don't seem to truly care for the employees well being. Great part-time job if that is what you are looking for, easy money and short hours, but not a great full-time job.
great place to work
Food Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 31, 2019
they really care about their employees and try to provide a really outstanding family like environment for their employees to work in i enjoyed working here very much
Fun and Relaxed
Adventure Guide (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Wheatland, WYJanuary 25, 2019
The job is physical but fast paced. The management is relaxed and gives you ample chances and constructive criticism. The customers are the most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 25, 2019
Typical day at work is exactly what you would expect working at a gas station.
The management where I worked was not good.
The hardest part about the job was the hours and never allowing sick days.
Best Company I've ever worked for.
Accounting Clerk / Fuel (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJanuary 24, 2019
I have been with Maverik Base Camp for close to 4 years. I see many more years with Maverik in my future. The department I work in is very team structured, everyone is willing to help when needed. I am a single mom of 3, my boss and fellow co-workers are an extension of my family. They worry with me, as well as celebrate. I never worry about having to take a sick day, or even vacation. I know my job will be there when I return. As far as a company and benefits, Maverik is willing to give back to their employees. They have decent Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K plans. They offer benefits for my kids in school as well.
Not a bad place to work, decent benefits
CINNABON CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 11, 2019
Sometimes it was difficult to figure out a good work life balance. That being said, Maverik does offer paid time off, which is great. I also really enjoyed the benefits they offered, health insurance, retirement plans, and even free counseling for employees should they need it.
Pros
Employee discount, Benefits (Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, Paid Time Off, etc.) Fun work environment, Good teamwork
Cons
Can be difficult to find good work/life balance
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review and for sharing a bit about your experience working at Maverik. Flexible schedules and a solid work life balance are available at Maverik but sometimes in retail, business needs make them hard to execute. Managers strive to strike the balance by creating a schedule two weeks out. This gives employees time to plan for activities and events.

no complaints
Cashier, Stocking, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 7, 2019
i would work there again i never had a problem with management you could talk to them about anything. They work with you on time off and care about there employees
Pros
easy work
Cons
customers
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience working at Maverik.

Just bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJanuary 3, 2019
I loved the job and my coworkers were great but the store director was constantly talking down to her employees and treating them with so much disrespect that I could no longer take it. Why the company can’t see why this store goes thru so many people is beyond me.
Pros
Busy fun job
Cons
Bad management
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your employment at Maverik. The number one reason why people leave their job is because of their direct supervisor. We are not immune to this and are working on strengthening the skills of our leaders.

productive fun place to work
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJanuary 3, 2019
maverik great company to work for would do it all over again great supervisor hours great people were awesome very understanding company vacation time great people all the way around
Pros
customers
Cons
short breaks
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and tells us a little about your experience working at Maverik.

Productive place to work and grow within the company
Retail Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2019
Company is always growing and tends to promote within the company, fun and energetic place to work. Really focusing on growing your skills and excellent benefits to be provided
Pros
Benefits, free food often
Cons
Stressful at times with amount of issues going on at stores
January 16, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your time working for Maverik.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverik. Our community is ready to answer.