Maverik Employee Reviews

No fun. No day at the beach!
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work entailed being micro-managed, making what could be a fun job, very stressful and no fun at all. The management is extremely poor and all are on a high power trip. Employees are treated as if they are lesser than, and incapable of making any decisions or performing the simplest of tasks, without management sitting on their shoulder or telling them to do what they are already doing or have been doing for awhile with no supervision or complaints. The workplace culture is good, and could really take-off with the right people in place that are willing to actually do the job they were hired to do. The hardest part of the job, was waiting to see what was going to hit next; because something always did.
Pros
interaction with diverse customers
Cons
short breaks closely monitored, management micro-manages your work and complains about not having time to get their own work done
Love love loved working at Maverik
cashie/shift leader (Former Employee) –  Emmett, IDDecember 2, 2018
Best bosses in the world always laid back. Always there to help and support there employees. Just a fantastic place to work. I only left because I moved.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Really I can't think of any.
Loved the Manager position for Maverik
Tvcc student activities and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canyon County, IDDecember 2, 2018
Amazing company to work for. I just lost the position due to circumstances of my own. Currently fixing them through Corrective action. I would love to revisit the company in the future after my corrective actions are completed and the regional manager does appreciate me as well.

Student activities during this time at my college were top notch as well. loved college activities and the schooling
Pros
excellent staff
Laid back, steadily paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYDecember 2, 2018
I feel I received decent pay for the job I performed. The building was older so it was constantly dirty. When there were no customers, I would find side work to do including stocking supplies, cleaning, helping cook hot food items
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of advancement
Personally, the Store I was at was not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Creek, NVDecember 1, 2018
I worked at a Maverik store in a small town, and unfortunately I left the company due to poor management in that store. The company itself is wonderful, but like many jobs,it's the managers that make the difference. The Manager I had was not very good at her job and made me, the longest term cashier at the time, feel very underappreciated for the hard work I did, which is ultimately why I left. I am sure the other stores are great to work for, but I personally will not be going back
Fun Place to Work, Not a Lot of Advancement Opportunity
Copywriter/Events and Promotions (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2018
Maverik is interested in getting you in, but not moving you up. They do a lot to make sure you enjoy your current position, but advancement is not as common.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
not a lot of advancement.
I loved my Maverik family
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 7, 2018
I worked for Maverik for four years and followed my manager to different store locations when she was transferred. It really goes to show how much good management affects how well an employer can hold on to employees. My boss was always fair and willing to work around any kind of health issue or scheduling problems. The jobs itself was pretty simple. Most of the customers were great, but there are always a few bad apples that spoil the bunch. After four years of working with the public and never knowing if I would have weekends or holidays off, I left to look for greener pastures.
Pros
50% employee discount, 401k, Pto, Insurance options & Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Required to work Holidays and weekends, mildly corporate environment, no living wages
Stressful, rude employees
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTNovember 6, 2018
It wasn’t a bad job, I was just treated Badly. I had been working there for two months and I haven’t been getting the respect I give to others. That is one of the main reason why I decided to resign.
Great Job
Store Director Trainee (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Maverik. Definitely could use a little pay increase. But I have not worked there since 2011. I did enjoy my time while I worked there. I transferred to 6 different stores to help them.
Pros
Good Work
Cons
Slight pay Increase would be nice
Very unorganized
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 2, 2018
The experience varies by store as well as by the store director. My particular store and director were very unorganized as well as unwilling to thimk about business change ideas to better the flow of customers. The store director really had no part in the store and left the store to be ran by the two managers. There was no work/ home balance. I personally worked 24 hour shifts and was back to work the next day for my next shift.
Cons
No breaks or lunches, scheduling time off is impossible
Fun Place to Work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTOctober 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Maverik both at corporate and at store level. Maverik was a fun place to work. Being the receptionist at Maverik I saw the inside to work at the company. The people were very friendly and the office environment was always refreshing.
Pros
Meeting venders and Important people
hard place to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NevadaOctober 29, 2018
The manager was hard to work for and please she always had something to complain about the hours were not that great either and time off was hard to get.
Stressful and uncaring
KITCHEN CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAOctober 18, 2018
Was not an enjoyable place to work. Store manager didn't take my concerns seriously, we had several discussions about the issues I was facing in the kitchen dept and how we could fix them, and the plans always fell through and I was left to do the job of at least two people for 8-10 hours. Surely this isn't the average experience, but I definitely had a terrible enough one I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Most difficult
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTOctober 18, 2018
The most difficult part of working for Maverik was the lack of employee hours. Not only because of management but mor of employees not showing up for work days that they were scheduled for and everyone having to pick up slack and hardly days of for other employees. I worked almost two weeks before i got a day off.
Fine for a single person
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84601October 16, 2018
As long as you don't have a family to provide for it's fine to pay rent and make a car payment. But trying to add in a family and provide for them is tough
Pros
free soda while working
Cons
must work holidays
Don’t drive for Maverik
Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco waOctober 13, 2018
They have built in ways to penalize the drivers for things that are beyond their control. They pay by the load, something that only greedy trucking companies still do.
You can get some hourly pay after you give a hour of your time for free and then they pay you a whopping 17.50 per hour (wow, how generous!) the turnover rate is high because more and more of their drivers are simply fed up with the BS. They don’t listen to their drivers because they know better and I’ve personally had dispatch lie to pay roll about my pay on purpose.
The driver has to check and recheck with payroll to make sure they actually get paid for the work they do. This company is pathetic to say the least.
Pros
There are better companies out there a plenty
Cons
Built in ways to penalize the drivers pay.
Official response from Maverik
October 19, 2018

Drivers are paid for load and unload times and by the mile. More loads in a given day does equal more money. Most drivers can make $250-$300 a day depending on where they are. Our driver teams usually stick around for a while with many driving for Maverik for years.

A quick paced job that has me satisfied at the end of the day.
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 2, 2018
The day would often start with seeing how far Bonfire crew has gotten during morning shift and planning various tasks to get done throughout the day. I often come in on a 1200 to 2000 shift serving customers, making food, cleaning, and preparing for the next day. Often working alone or with a coworker for a few hours before they head home. I would then spend the last hour of the shift closing down and cleaning Bonfire before heading home.
Pros
Kind, open incandescent coworkers who are a joy to be around. Half off on food and drinks.
Cons
There are no breaks per se in this Maverik but you can take up to fifteen minutes off per day, coworkers breaks are often cut short if a customer appears and they're the only one in the back.
Gas station job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDSeptember 26, 2018
Dont apply for a shift and expect help when needing coverage....you work there and when they had a pay increase for the whole store you dont get your raise and end up working the same amount as new people
Maverik is a bad choice
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Greybull, WYSeptember 23, 2018
I did not like working for maverik because the store manager mistreated her workers. I was over worked under payed and and unappreciated by the store manager.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Store manager
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 19, 2018
Good place to work. Management cares for the employees. They also care about the customers. Probably the best place I've ever worked/ currently work at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverik. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about