Maverik

Maverik Employee Reviews

United States809 reviews

maverickstorecustomerdiscountdirectorshiftregistermanager

Could be better

Some days are great and very fun, easy going, rewarding, etc. And some days are absolutely awful. Extremely busy with 0 help, bad coworkers off and on with a high turnover rate, needless drama, low job security, favoritism, coworkers who refuse to do their part, and I could go on. Its a great temp job but that’s about it, it really varies by location too though. Busier ones are better, the day goes by faster and you don’t get as bored, but having bad coworkers and or management makes it really hard to get anything done or get a break sometimes. Worked there 1.5 years off & on at 2 locations.

team work

i had some really great customers and i had some great coworkers. i always felt safe even working late at night by myself. i never had an issue with product or cashiering.

Maverik insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great coworkers and a decent job

Overall, I have very few complaints about this job. My coworkers made the days go by quicker and the tasks assigned were reasonable. A bit boring, but that's to be expected of most cashiering jobs.

It’s a gas station

It’s about what you’d expect from a gas station. Busy during the holidays, lots of register work and stocking. Overall not a bad place to work. Decent room for advancement if you put forth the effort

They don't care about you

Dont waste your time and sanity here. Upper management is a joke. They will understaffed you constantly. Lead cashier's will be given all the duties of a manager but not given the titles or pay of a manager.

Cons

Fun place but no structure with management!!

I have worked with this company for over a year. after some big changes within the last months. My specific store has had so many problems swept under the rug. There are constant problems with certain employees that don’t get dealt with. Even after telling management and higher up management. I feel though they try and make employees believe they are there for them but when the time comes they are not. Certain managers only work certain hours while employees are expected to pick up their pace to cover that. Even some people have to work over 12 hour shifts to cover poor communication .

Pros

%50 off 6 items, insurance, tuition reimbursement

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication, covering long shifts

It was a long time ago.

I can't remember but somedays were a real drag. Turn over rate then was never ending and we didn't have security when I started. I filled that position sometimes and that was also a drag.

Fun work place but

Pay wasn’t what it needed to be although it has recently gotten better. Lots expected of you with little room to advance. Benefits were good. Fun work environment for the most part.

Pros

Good benefits

Poor Management

No opportunity for career advancement unless you work as a store manager and essentially in retail. Corporate office is a processing machine and pay for corporate employees is poor unless you are at the VP level.

Pros

The illusion of a fun environment to work in.

Cons

Poor Management and zero loyalty to employees and low pay

Fun workplace, great for people with high energy.

I loved working for Maverick. They pay was quite fair and the co workers and managers were fun to be around. I believe people with high energy levels would feel the most comfortable here, and being able to stand the entire time is a must. Overall, I think it is a great place to work, however I believe that the break policy needs to be revised.

Highly Recommend

The location i worked at was honestly perfect, the management was super great. The work is super easy, and it helped that I dealt with happy and nice customers 90% of the time.

Cons

Pay

Fun, fast paced, quality product, mostly good employee relationship

The customers are great and the regulars make you feel appreciated and that you make a difference. Most coworkers are fantastic hard workers that take pride in clean restrooms, clean store, great food, working clean pumps and friendly service that changes with customers' needs. The hardest part of the job is when folks don't take it seriously or are not dependable to work their shift. Having to work with immature children at times puts such stress and a hardship on those having to pick up the slack. Management is kind and flexible but sometimes lack not having bias or communication.

Fun, hard work.

At Maverik there was a lot of heavy lifting and lists that needed to be completed. I learned a lot about how a job should work and how it looks when it is a well oiled machine. The management was great there were multiple store managers when I worked there but in general they all had good and bad things but nothing terrible. The hardest part of the job was that I was relied upon to work alone for long periods of time due to not having enough people working in the kitchen.

Pros

Discounts, Friendly staff, Fair pay.

Cons

Short breaks, heavily relied upon.

Not very good.

Overall, not a great place to work. You're insanely overworked while being very underpaid. At this specific location (593), the store director is barely there, maybe 3 or 4 days a week. The way I describe the work environment is 'every person for themselves', in the aspect of everyone just tries to make their job easier while making everyone else's job harder. The only positive was the loyal customers you see everyday.

Love this company

If I had one word to explain this company. It would be amazing. I have never been as happy working for an amazing company. I have been there for 2+ years and I have amazing managers and coworkers.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Wish we had national holidays off

Awesome

It's great love my team. My boss is coo. Everybody is chillen. We have colorful bunch. They're great people. Very flexible. Not too bad at all. It's an awesome job

Bad job that can suck you in if you aren't careful, look for something better.

Worked there for about 7 years. Horrible experience that only got worse as time went on. I worked entry level and stayed entry level the whole time. Only received the bare minimum of raises and by year 2 every single new hire was making at least a dollar more than me. They give you too much work and not enough time or help to do it.

Pros

the eventually introduced a 50% employee discount which was cool but had it's limits

Cons

Everything else.

N/a

good paid, good workers overall, a good place to work, management was good, great opportunties to pick up hours, fast paced, no complaints here.......

Doesn't care about your personal life

Not a bad place to work if you manage to find a store with decent management, but easy to get not so great ones. Easy to move up and move stores. Pay is alright, depending again on where you work and what position. But ultimately getting time off, and work life balance is non existent. They want you to available all of the time, able to work longer if necessary and suck it up and make it work even if you're extremely short staffed, which is constantly. Can't say how many times I got the short end or the stick because the next shift didn't show up and I couldn't get a hold of my manager.

Pros

50% off 6 food and beverage items a day

Cons

They aren't required to give you any breaks unless you're underage

Lousy pay, unreliable staff and training, no structure.

They hire at 16 years old so there’s a lot of no call no shows. People slacking off. No direction. The people who smoke get so many more breaks. Just overall not great!

Worst job I've had in a long time. Don't waste your experience.

Completely horrible. The worst I've ever had . Complete lack of management professionalism. Total waste of time . I would never tell someone to work at Super8 boise.

Pros

Cons

Do not work there!!!!

Common questions about Maverik

Answered by current and former employees at Maverik

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverik. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Maverik with

Maverik reviews by popular job title

• Maverik