Maverik Employee Reviews

Don’t drive for Maverik
Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco waOctober 13, 2018
They have built in ways to penalize the drivers for things that are beyond their control. They pay by the load, something that only greedy trucking companies still do.
You can get some hourly pay after you give a hour of your time for free and then they pay you a whopping 17.50 per hour (wow, how generous!) the turnover rate is high because more and more of their drivers are simply fed up with the BS. They don’t listen to their drivers because they know better and I’ve personally had dispatch lie to pay roll about my pay on purpose.
The driver has to check and recheck with payroll to make sure they actually get paid for the work they do. This company is pathetic to say the least.
Pros
There are better companies out there a plenty
Cons
Built in ways to penalize the drivers pay.
A quick paced job that has me satisfied at the end of the day.
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 2, 2018
The day would often start with seeing how far Bonfire crew has gotten during morning shift and planning various tasks to get done throughout the day. I often come in on a 1200 to 2000 shift serving customers, making food, cleaning, and preparing for the next day. Often working alone or with a coworker for a few hours before they head home. I would then spend the last hour of the shift closing down and cleaning Bonfire before heading home.
Pros
Kind, open incandescent coworkers who are a joy to be around. Half off on food and drinks.
Cons
There are no breaks per se in this Maverik but you can take up to fifteen minutes off per day, coworkers breaks are often cut short if a customer appears and they're the only one in the back.
Gas station job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDSeptember 26, 2018
Dont apply for a shift and expect help when needing coverage....you work there and when they had a pay increase for the whole store you dont get your raise and end up working the same amount as new people
Maverik is a bad choice
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Greybull, WYSeptember 23, 2018
I did not like working for maverik because the store manager mistreated her workers. I was over worked under payed and and unappreciated by the store manager.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Store manager
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 19, 2018
Good place to work. Management cares for the employees. They also care about the customers. Probably the best place I've ever worked/ currently work at
Fast pace and horrible management
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 17, 2018
You must be fast to work here and have to be able to take anything they give you. The fresch manager is very rude and doesn’t stop talking about people and will never stop. Expects too much of people knowing they have family and expects them to give up the family to do what they want.
Fun, but stressful
Cooler Stocker (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Everyday was different. Management was superb. Can be stressful, very fast paced, busy. Enjoyed most fellow employees. The one place that is family...
To much drama
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 13, 2018
The one i was employed at had way to much drama, the manager never has a problem showing how much she hates her job and everyone else. You never know who will be working the next day and who will quit or get fired. They go through so many employees the company should really look at managment.
Overall, it was okay.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTSeptember 12, 2018
I personally probably won't go back but it was a good job.
I think the managers need to talk to their staff more, it's a huge design flaw especially when two of the managers are best friends and won't listen to anyone else's opinions.
Cons
No breaks
Productive and fun environment, with employee get togethers.
cashier (Former Employee) –  McCall, IDSeptember 12, 2018
Maverick, is a very popular work place and gets plenty of business through out the days. Every day for every employee there is something new to be done and something new to be learned. The manager there takes care of all her employees as if they're her own, and makes sure most if not all needs are met. Maverick, is a very friendly environment with laughs and local customers who become friends. At Maverick you definitely still have work to do like any job, along with some stress and challenges. Such as meeting the sales goals for the company, or advertising every product on the shelves. After every day of work there, you can leave knowing you did a great job and expect to do an even better one the next day!
Pros
discounts, benefits, breaks
Cons
organizing the cooler
Can be a fun place to work, depending on management and coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTSeptember 10, 2018
As a member of management it is difficult to have flexible hours and in the YEARS I have worked there I have NEVER had a single holiday off; and have had to work most weekends.
Pros
New employee discount program of 1/2 off food while you are at work
Cons
Working with the general public can test the patience of Jobe.
Good environment
Crew member, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ririe, IDSeptember 9, 2018
Good environment. I stayed busy . I advanced quickly and felt like I had freedom to make decisions. I enjoyed the customer service and I didn't mind the work.
Great job
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 8, 2018
Will have flexible schedule, has benefits (after you get through the probation period), hard to get all your work completed in the beginning during your scheduled time, but hang in there. It gets easier the more you work. The kitchen needs more organization and prep for the next days work to be completed by each employee who works in that kitchen.
fun
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVSeptember 7, 2018
i really liked my job. just wish i could have had a different job title with the company . i really liked the place and people. the company has good outputted
great
Bakery Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COSeptember 6, 2018
I cant say i have an complan about company great friendly company. Pay could probably be better and benifits could be better but overall good company.
Very fast paced work place.
ADVENTURE GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 5, 2018
This location was tricky to work with. Very rude customers but the staff was good. They were pretty strict with your attitude and the way you handled situations. However, The management wasn't very strict on appearance. One worker had a hand tattoo, Others had wrist and arm tattoo's plus a lot of people with colored hair. Pretty open environment but very competitive with the Circle K across the street.
Cons
No lunch Breaks
Lots of fun to work there
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVSeptember 4, 2018
I worked for Maverik for a year and had a lot of fun working there. My managers were easy to get along with and I had fun with my co-workers also. The wages weren't good
Pros
Very fun
Cons
Pay scale
Co workers awful
Fresch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle Mountain, UTAugust 30, 2018
Working with people who will do anything to hurt you and harm you is not fun. The manager is freaking amazing would do anything for anyone kindest most amazing person I've ever met in my entire life. But the co-workers Cutthroat negative vicious and mean. Had to leave for my own sanity although I absolutely love the job.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Store was not managed well. Hours were not consistent.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 29, 2018
This location was not managed well several managers came and went over my 2 years of employment. I didnt feel safe working alone on the night shifts. I really enjoy customer service and the job requirements were easy to complete. I always take pride in my work. And I go above and beyond my job requirement.
maverik
Fresch Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 28, 2018
It is a great company but some stores are iffy, it depends on the management. The job has a high turnover rate due to various reasons such as lack of training.
Pros
flexible, great pay.
Cons
high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverik. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about