Maverik Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not workable
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 9, 2018
I would have a day off, when I come to work the next day they would blame me for someone else mistakes for the day I had off. The manager would not listen to me about the problem at hand. I would tell them I was not here for the mistakes that person did.
I was only trained to make sandwiches & clean up the bakery after closing time but I got blamed for the lunch bakers mistakes as well.
One day I got a phone call telling me that something was not cooked right for a customer. I told the manager I did not bake anything that day I was cleaning up the bakery area.
I was let go for that other bakers mistakes. I was not trained on registers until I got to the other store then they trained me on registers.
Pros
great pay, benefits, discounts.
Cons
customer service, understanding, training.
Fun Environment, Low Pay, Unreliable Staff, Unorganized
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJuly 3, 2018
I've worked for 8 months and in that time I've seen a lot of employees come and go including managers, there's a terrible ratio of younger to older employees as there needs to be someone there 21 or older at all times and there aren't many cashiers there who are 21 (most of the staff are teens to 20) so that messes up the scheduling for the few older employees, you can only sign up for benefits once a year so if you miss it then you're screwed, there's always a very confused and unorganized feel to the store overall, it took awhile but the current management is good as both the Ops Manager and Store Director are nice.
Pros
Decent Discount on Food, Good Management, Fun at Times
Cons
Low Pay, Unorganized, Employee Age Ratio Is Always Off
Fun place, relaxed
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2018
Working overnight was easy. Its hard work working alone but worth it. Management was great. Fun environment. Standing overnight for 8 hour shifts. The staff.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working overnight
Good for a starting job.
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  Stansbury Park, UTJune 24, 2018
Good for a starting job. My adult life just demanded for a higher salary than what they could give. I did get raises and my store director was very accommodating of my school schedule.
Relaxed and fun.
Gas Attendant/Cashier' (Former Employee) –  Baker City, ORJune 22, 2018
Since I was pregnant my entire employment, working at Maverik was pretty easy for me. I was a fuel attendant for a few months until I could not inhale the gas fumes that hurt the baby. Even though I was pregnant I still did my best to run around and get to every customer in a decent manner. The co-workers I had with me out in the parking pumping gas were very understanding about my situation and did the best they could to do a little extra to help me out. In my personal opinion, Maverik never got as busy as working at Chevron did but it was never slow paced either. There was a lot more work to do inside the store, but it was never put on one person. Everyone working on shift did their share of the chores and helped their co-workers with their chores if they asked or if it looked like they needed some assistance. The manager that worked there was also relaxed, stricted and very understanding. She did the best she could to make her employers happy, but also wanted the area manager happy. I think the hardest part of the job was just simply bending over while I was in my late stages of pregnancy. The most enjoyable part about working at Maverik was meeting new people and working with great co-workers.
Exhausting and Uncompromising.
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Greybull, WYJune 20, 2018
It's a gas-station. The work is soul crushing and draining, but it's work. Any upward mobility comes from those above you being arrested, fired, or quitting. The job demands constant work, even though the tasks at hand don't warrant it.
Pros
Half-off 6 items a day, a surprising amount of insurance
Cons
Literally everything else.
Stressful and Not Worth It
Bakery/Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 8, 2018
6 months working at Maverik felt like 20 years. Poor management and lazy workers paired with terrible hours, made it unbearable to work there any longer.
Easy going, fun, busy.
BAKERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 29, 2018
it’s been a great job and I’ve had great opportunities but management is hard to work with. They aren’t there to help like they should be and if something goes wrong they blame you instead of making everyone responsible for their actions.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor management
Interesting
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVMay 27, 2018
It’s a great place to work as long as your managment is decent. I was trained in every “department” so it’s a great learning experience. You’ll enjoy it as long as the pay is worth it.
Pros
You somehow never tire of the food
Cons
3, 10 minute breaks. Unfair and illegal in most states
Maverik Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 24, 2018
Maverik was surprisingly a very fun job to have. even on days that are super busy your team is always willing to help you out and keep things moving. They care about their employees and are willing to work with scheduling. They make sure that their employees feel safe and comfortable at all times I very much love the company.
Poor Management, Stressful Workplace
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 22, 2018
I wasn't very impressed with the management. She was always criticizing everything that I did, constantly. I enjoyed my job, but not my boss. She is the problem, not anyone else.
Pros
The customers, and the atmosphere.
Cons
Only 2 - 15 minute lunchbreaks in an 8 hour period.
Stressful
Fresch Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 17, 2018
Maverik in my experience was difficult. Working with people who tended not doing their part. And schedules always changed. It was a fast pace job and i did like that about the position.
Nightmare
Adventure Chef (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 12, 2018
Completely disorganized and poor management when reopening the store. The new General Manager hid in the office 80% of the time and was rude to customers and employees.
Pros
I worked full time +
Cons
Not enough staff to make bakery run smoothly
Great company to work for!
Training (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2018
Great company, but uit also depends on your department for some reason. VPs have favorites, and if you're one of the favorites, you are treated really well. If not, you feel invisible, regardless of your great contributions.
Good coworkers, horribly inconsistent manager.
Adventure Guide - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDMay 9, 2018
Cashiering is straight forward, a lot to get done in the store on a daily basis, but it's all difficult when management is not consistent with their word, and favoritism among management to employees is very apparent. You don't get any set break rules as a company; it's up to the store director if they are going to allow breaks and how many. You are allowed 6 item's per day for a discount on food, but it must be consumed while on shift, and is for your use only. If you get sick, you're expected to get your own shift covered or be there no matter what.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Horrible management, No coverage if sick
na
Adventure Guide cashier (Former Employee) –  west jordan,utMay 1, 2018
i like working there . it was my part time job. i wanted to work more but my duaghter got injured and had to quit. the people and manger were great. i miss it sometimes .
to take care of customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 1, 2018
i work the graveyard and they want me to pressure wash the front of the store and watch the store and then you add customer you got attiudule over stuip stuff
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTApril 28, 2018
there's always room to grow in this company, if you're flexible. they treat their employees good. they are very understanding and are willing to work with you.
Pros
discounts, fun place
Cons
some co-workers
It's a pretty good job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTApril 27, 2018
Maverik is Adventures First Stop for a reason. In fact, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. But I will eventually. They are pretty goof over all. There is, however, the side that does get stressful. That's with most jobs though.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Angry Customers
Great company.. Co workers suck
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 19, 2018
Great company... Bad people.. crazy all over the place schedule not very single parent friendly.. I have Corp. Training the way stores are ran are not Corp way..
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
If lucky you will get a break..