Maverik logo
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100Average

Maverik Employee Reviews

Maverik insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place to start

It's a good place to work at. The employees sure make it better, though the work can get very tedious on some days. Oh and with anything, the customers are overall decent/good with some bad apples.

Culture of integrity

I love my job and the company. They’ve treated employees with compassion and respect. However there is not a lot of room for growth in outlier areas. If you live in Utah there are opportunities, but not a lot outside of the Salt Lake area. Also pay is not very competitive. Bonus can be lucrative, but base pay is lacking.

Pros

Flexibility, purpose, benefits

Cons

Pay, changing leadership feels unstable

0-60 in .05 seconds

Promotions are around every corner. Unless you’re a hard worker. They reel you in by promises of good pay and fast advancements. If you work hard they will keep you in the same position due to lack of good workers, until they are desperate. Butt kissing is a qualification if you want to move up. Directors-Districts-Base Camp all upper Management is clique-y and if one doesn’t agree with you, than your career is likely ruined. They demote just as fast as they promote. Unless you’re terrible but great as kissing butt.

Treatment of dedicated staff is not a good thing when they have unexpected problems in their lives.

Everyone is replaceable in any situation and Maverick has shown this over and over again. Unfortunately for some hard working and dedicated staff members if it was an inconvenience to the company in any way they would be quick to terminate and replace no matter what the problem was.

great customers

The pay has gotten better and I believe that corporate try,s to satisfy their people. I see them making changes and improvements all the time. They are very customer-oriented as well.

Pros

insurance, pay, some advancement

Cons

poor management, Management could use work, more [

Amazing company to work for.

Maverik is amazing!! The concept was energizing! You become a part of a family that has no limits. Unfortunately they changed directions and the energy and concept changed as did the people they hired. Never try to fix something that's not broken. I hope that one day they return to what they did best. Your customers are the reason you exist. The face of your company should always be excited and and happy to be there otherwise your customers will find somewhere else to go. Growing to big to fast never works.

Pros

Compensation benefits and customers

Cons

Always short staffed due to hiring a body, and not a true Maverik employee, Nepotism and hiring friends is never a good business decision

Fun at First

I recently left Maverik after about a year and a half. My first few months there was really bad, as the two managers were both alcoholics who got drunk at work, hid in the office all day, and played favorites, while leaving all the work for the overnight crew, which was me. My trainer left halfway through my first shift. Despite all that, I atually really liked the job itself. The customers were great, the location was right down the street from where I live and as long as you work enough hours, the pay for me wasn't bad at all. The bad parts come in with the coworkers and store management. The store and assistant managers have barely come in to work for the last 3-4 months, so we're always out of products and nobody can talk to anybody about scheduling or anything. I was taken off of the overnight shifts with no explanation after working nights for 6-7 months straight and loving it. The worst employees are treated the best, and the few hard workers are totally unappreciated. The culture there is backwards, but if like me, you can work along overnights, it's an enjoyable job. You don't run into the bad people really, cause you work alone. Very mismanaged though, and it's a shame cause I didn't want to quit. They tend to hire people they like and not people that are best for the company.

Pros

6 Items 1/2 Price Per Shift

Cons

The management and lack of decent coworkers.

Underpaid, understaffed, horrible management

The pay is horrible for those working their butts off while understaffed. The management doesn't care to work with you and arising problems even when you're offering ways to accommodate and make it work for your situation but also making it work for the store. Focused on the negative or the littlest things done wrong, never praises or recognizes when people go above and beyond especially those working overtime or doing the job of 2-3 people and making up the fact they're understaffed. No communication to things that are changing, don't listen when you bring things to their attention. The pay is the best around the area but not worth the stress, waking up hating the fact you have to go in there, constantly frustrated and angry. The good thing is depending on who you work with, the coworkers (I loved mine) are the best thing about the job.

Pros

50% of meal items on shift

Cons

management, underpaid, no flexibility or attempt, understaffed

Its ok, if you want to be ignored

Its ok if you don't have a life. If you want a holiday off think again. Getting anytime off is almost impossible. Pay isn't worth it at all. Management is short with people and don't explain much. Can't do meetings at all won't listen to you when trying to bring something to their attention. Its a nice place to work, but you will never see your family.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Work life balance, pay, and management

Loved it

Loved it but the pay was horrible. Management also had favorites, no room for advancement. Overworked and underpaid. They should increase pay to include bonuses.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

Pay

Jobs at Maverik

See more jobs

Stays busy

The days stay busy but when you’re short staffed it is extremely hard to get hourly tasks completed and logged properly. If night shift calls in you could be in for up to a 15 hour shift which is absolutely brain numbing.

Pros

50% all food/drink items, good crew

Cons

Short breaks

Maverik does not care about you

Maverik does not care about you as a person or respect you as a employee. As long as you are performing and bringing in Lots! Of sales they are happy, even if your working an average of 67 hours a week, sometimes more, my record is 87 hours! But if you absolutely Love to work, at very low pay to start, this is the place for you.

Pros

Food discount while working

Cons

99% of everything else

Dont work there

We've had many problems with my fiances pregnancy shes at high risk but Maverik was definitely not family oriented they let me go because my 1 year old son and fiance were terribly sick with bronchitis the pay was also terrible

Poor Upper Manegment

Serious lack of response when there is lack of product and employees. The district manager is extremly two faced.

Poor Management, poor culture, underpaid.

This job would have been amazing if it had great managers running the place but they didn’t they only had one great manager there and she was truly the only person who cared about us, everyone else didn’t care about us at all. The work doesn’t match the pay , they over work us on graveyard and top of being over worked we’re constantly being exposed to bio hazardous materials, urine, feces, drug needles, not to mention that there is a pandemic going on and I never received hazard pay at all. The benefits are great, the pay doesn’t equal the work. It’s great job security, yet we’re overworked.

Pros

Great benefits, Job security, Health care

Cons

Breaks, poor management, the pay, bio hazardous materials, over worked

Not a great place to work.

Maverik is a money hungry company, claim covid barely affected their financial sitting. Took years of employees begging for raises for them to even consider it, bonuses are a lot harder to get than they claim. Management fakes it until they make it. Lies all around about being family just to show you just how expendable you are behind closed doors. Most employees love the first month or two and then see through the fog, high turnover rate.

Pros

Awesome regulars coming in everyday.

Cons

Everything else.

Okay place to work as long as you’re not in the kitchen

The store I worked at was okay when I first started. It was pretty fun, actually. The store manager was from a different chain of gas stations but seemed like they were of good standing. The kitchen was a mess the moment before I got hired. They had one person making breakfast and lunch for the weekends, including all the prep for the next day and all the closing duties. Ended up telling my store manager that I wanted to help in the kitchen because I knew it would show my flexibility. That later backfired on me. Anyways, ended up working in there till I quit. Worst ever. There were three of us in the kitchen; not including management. The one who worked mornings during the week was the favorite. Anything this person didn’t do, our manager would come behind them and clean up whatever mess. I found out that there was going to be an opening for a lead and applied. The only other person who applied interviewed with the regional director while I just had the store director. Seemed a bit unfair only because this person has a previous work relationship with my director. While in the kitchen, I closed and had two full pages of things I had to do on top of making food on a moment’s notice and just about every hour. I always had to ask for help but hated it due to it being used against me on several occasions.

Pros

50% off everything when you work

Cons

Everything and everyone

Productive very friendly

I enjoyed working there cause I'm very friendly and cleanliness and got along great with customers. Never had no problems ever. And just kept it clean and stocked for morning shift.

Pros

Productive fun

Cons

There was no cons for me

Robots

No room for growthToo much Gossiping Clicky just like high schoolNot safe for women at nightFood contamination no proper orderManagement have no rights to run the business

Pros

A pay check

Cons

Everything else

Great place to work!

I love working for this company! My boss is super understanding and truly cares about employees. I've been able to learn a lot of new skills and move up in the company

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Turnover

Don’t recommend

I wouldn’t recommend the cedar city district at all, poor management and they didn’t care if you had family issues and don’t like moving shifts or advancement

Pros

The people

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverik. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight