Max & Erma's Employee Review

View all Max & Erma's reviews

Amazing people to work with, flexible schedule.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 31, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of preparing various food items for later use while maintaining a clean work space and cooking food being ordered by guests in the restaurant. I learned to be quick on my feet and stay organized which helps efficiency and the ability to multitask proficiently. I also gained some hands on experience on how to prepare many different dishes. Management was disconnected from the employees, having little to no understanding of the difficulty of the tasks they were assigning in the given time they wanted it completed with the quality they wanted. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of cook times of different items on the grill while simultaneously making side dishes to accompany them and timing it all correctly with the rest of the tables order to deliver a quality meal right off the grill as fast as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellow employees, an amazing group of people that had amazing team work, the main reason the restaurant accomplished the high level of quality and efficiency on a daily basis.
Pros
Discounted food, flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible management-employee relationsihp

Other Max & Erma's Employee Reviews

improper management
prep chef (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMay 18, 2018
prepping the days food for the services provided , dealing with stocking the days orders and making sure that the food was ready and available for the guests to eat
first serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYApril 30, 2018
It's been over 10 years since I worked at Max & Erma's, but I still look back on my time there fondly. The food was pretty decent and the managers at the time were easy to work for.
Pros
not sure
Cons
not sure