MAX FITNESS Employee Reviews

Max has a great atmosphere to work in.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALNovember 13, 2018
At max fitness it was a very family oriented place. We did our best to make the customer happy but never at the expense of the employees happiness. It over all was a great place to work.
Pros
Free classes and discounted membership.
Cons
No healthcare, low pay, low hours.
Fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 5, 2018
It was a great job out of college. I learned a lot and grew as a manager and a trainer while I was there. I still train a few people and loving seeing everyone.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 30, 2018
Very exciting environment. Max Fitness is team environment where everybody works together to make wonderful gym to workout. in. Max Fitness is a great place to be employed.
Rude bosses
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 3, 2018
My experience at Max Fitness was both good and bad, The manager was nice but would switch roles when the boss walked in.

The boss would yell at his coworkers in front of everyone ,rolled his eyes at me when i'd ask him for help.

I was called "slow " and put to work on areas i couldn't reach. I complained about the mess in the back room because when i walked in there , there was boxes thrown everywhere so i twisted my ankle , they told me if i had an issue with it to clean it myself.
Pros
The co workers were kind and friendly.
Cons
Everyone (bosses, managers ) were unprofessional ..
Nice gym, great daycare
Daycare Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be taking care of members kids, typically 10 to 40 kids at a time. You learn how to be polite and honest. You interact with members almost the entire day so its nice to see everyone with positive attitudes all the time.
Productive & fun place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2017
The typical day at max is cleaning and standing around, waiting for people to ask questions or sign up for a gym membership. It was overall an easy job, but working weekends constantly sucked.
Pros
commission of memberships, relaxed work environment
Cons
no benefits for full time workers
High Turnover Job
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2017
This is a job that is known for its high turnover. Very few employees make it past a year. You either produce consistent numbers, sometimes unrealistic, or there is someone there to replace you. Only those with a strong sales background will flourish.
Fun Job
Front Desk/Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Good hours, flexible scheduling, good atmosphere. Not too many complaints about this place. I do not believe they are still operating though, they were bought out by Genesis Health Clubs
Great fitness environment
Fitness Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 20, 2017
the members are great, great workout environment. great learning environment for marketing practices. Corporate level is too demanding for numbers and job security is an issue.
Productive fun place to work friendly co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2017
Great place to work but no future with advancement opportunities. I worked as a temp. and was given no heads up of being let go. I was dismissed in December and could not receive any unemployment.
Pros
Coffee and sodas provided
Cons
no health care or pay increase
Very fun and energetic atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 21, 2016
I have only been with Max Fitness a short time but I must say their staff is awesome. It is laid back and drama free. The only downside of the job is the pay is not that great. I simply took the job to gain experience in the fitness industry.
Pros
Fun environment, energetic staff and very friendly
Cons
Pay is not that great and we are staffed on Holidays rather than being at home with our families.
Fun place to work but not very organized
Day Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at this job would be to come in and wait for the kids to come in. Once the kids would come in, they had to stay in this small good with a television and games. The management was not very good considering once I got the job they did not tell me how to do anything and did not tell me where anything was. I only had one other co-worker and it was the personal trainer who would work with the kids' mothers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get to know each kid and what they liked. The most enjoyable part was seeing the cute kids come in and how happy they would be to be able to play.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not many hours
Front desk clerk
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2016
I was in charge of the front desk. I checked people in, accepted account payments, and helped in the child care facility.
Great
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 5, 2016
Great Gym! Loved the owner and atmosphere. Great people as well! Taught me solid information on the body and customer service.
Fun Relaxing Environment
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 14, 2015
A typical day for myself was like being at home. The gym is always a safe place for me. My co workers were other people i grew up with so time passed by reminiscing. The hardest part of that job was attending class getting out of football practice and going in a couple hours and then to my next job. I enjoyed watching peoples daily progression with health goals
Fun Place to work, quit because of broken promises/lack of advancement
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 2, 2015
It was a fun, fast paced place to work. I liked the employees and members and the days went fairly fast. My job also kept me busy.
Pros
Fun, fast paced work.
Cons
Lack of advancement/broken promises
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 16, 2014
While working at Max Fitness I learned that I really enjoy helping people set and achieve goals. Some of my co-workers didn't share that desire and just saw the job as a paycheck.
Pros
Helping people, free gym membership
Cons
certain co-workers
Productive and fun workplace with many members
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing so many consistent faces that I have created a bond with. Sure, I may be just a front desk worker, but I am invested in their desire to come to the gym every day and work on themselves. I am happy to be a part of it, and will do my best to make it a pleasant experience. :)
Pros
many new friends/coworkers, support, free membership
Cons
brief breaks, sometimes quite busy, sometimes quite slow
It was a friendly enviroment
❸ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 6, 2014
Max fitness was a good job. except for the previous manager. It was very unorganized and sloppy. Alot of people quit because they got extreme cut hours.
fun work place taking care of childrenf
Fun Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 28, 2013
I LOVED THIS JOB. I watched children while parents were working out. It was a secured part with the kids. Tthe parents would sign in there children and sign out.