Maxim Healthcare Services

Found 4,746 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Maxim Healthcare Services selected this as a representative review
Great management and Team, highly Productive, professional and Fun group
Management and team are amazing! They work hard to find assignments that are the right fit and are there for you when you need them even after hours. Management and team are available to answer questions via phone and are prompt with response emails when looking for work and through out each assignment to the end. They are always eager and happy and seem very excited to hear from you when they answer the phone and you can read it in their emails. Their follow ups are fast in getting back with you and finding out info needed when negotiating with potential employers. I love this place and they must love their jobs because when I've walked into the Glendale office, it's always and nothing short of positive vibes! Great Job guys!
Official response from Maxim Healthcare Services
July 17, 2019
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are very happy to hear that your overall experience has been exceptional. Our team appreciates your dedication to our patients! - Thanks, Zach from Maxim Healthcare Services
Challenging place to work
I worked for Maxim as a Registered Behavior Technician for almost one year. I left another company for this one because of the higher pay. This company is one of the worst I have worked for yet. When I got hired, they were still using paper to track schedules. if you took a lunch instead of filling out one, you had to do two. They both needed to be signed by the teacher, no one else, just the teacher. If for any reason, something was filled out incorrectly, not signed, you would not get paid for that day. There was very little concern about the employees. The managers in the different departments never communicated with each other, so there was always confusion. Also, there was no accountability with any of the superiors, one tried to tell me that I forgot to turn in one of my time sheets. I kept a copy, so I quickly sent her the picture of the time sheet. She then, quickly said, it must've been misplaced by someone else, and that she would find it. No apology, this happened to many other employees often. I had experience in the ABA field already, but for those who did not, they were being sent in to work with these children with challenging behaviors blindly. I left this company and did not return due to the messiness, and the instability of the hours, and cases.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Rude supervisors and members of management, inefficient time keeping, outdated rules, not enough job preparedness, lack of mobility withing the company, lack of hours
friendly
this was also another comany i was happy to work for, i was able to help people that couldnt help themselves, and i love to make people happy and letting them know its still people that care
Very dependable and great job opportunity
Maxim is a nice company to work for long term if you’re dependable and flexible to their needs They seem to keep up with changes in the field of home health care and are competitive with other home health agencies They have learned from past mistakes and have improved greatly, becoming the role model for competitors to follow after
Pros
Work is always available
Cons
Vacation time is scarce. Benefits are expensive
Atrocious Management in White Plains New York
This was by far, the worst job I've ever had. The management treated me as a nurse poorly and treated my patients and their families just as poorly, if not worse. Watching the way they treated families of sick children was an absolute injustice and these people don't deserve you as an employee.

Anonymous RN~
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Clinical Supervisor
Great company to work for, took care of their nurses and clients. Job offered a lot of flexibility and managers were sympathetic to a work home life balance
gained some good friends - pay not equal for same job
fast paced - work with all types of people - very few difficult people - I always try to do more than is expected of me - lot of in state travel- lot of responsibility -
Pros
friends
Cons
pay wasnt fair - equal pay for equal job
Protected the USA's health
Superb workplace to interact with many many colleagues and with patient clients too. Marvelous travel opportunities. Constantly challenging one's mind. Physical working environment safe and secure
Excellent Place To Work
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Maxim, I wish I didnt have to leave. I Made so many strides just by learning new techniques and the management and coworkers were great. Perfect work/life balance and the pay was great.
Maxim maximizes it's employees experience
Maxim is invested in ensuring its employees are well-paid, well-placed, and well-cared for.

Back-end services (i.e. payroll, admin, HR, etc) are comprehensive and tech-forward.

The staff is knowledgeable, attentive, professional, and responsive. Great company and culture, overall!
Pros
benefits, culture, job placements, tech
Cons
none yet
Buen ambiente de trabajo, slarios muy bajos.
Buen lugar para trabajar, personas excelentes pero el salario es muy bajo.
Average
I loved being a caregiver, working with children and adults with disabilities. My brother has disabilities, hence me taking on the job. I felt like I can relate to my clients and my client’s guardians. Only thing that didn’t sit well with me, was when my location went under new management, there wasn’t enough communication between myself and the company when it came to small issues.
Maxim Healthcare Services was what I needed to finish my Masters Degree. In working there, I built a relationship with other nurses and families. I am appreciative of the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pay could be better
awesome if you like helping
Never had any issues with pay and when a situation arose with a client being sexually inappropriate they had my back and threatened to the client they'd drop him off he continued
Excelente Empresa’
Son excelente con el personal y con sus paciente. Están pendiente en todo momento que el cuidador esté bien y el paciente esté con un cuidador que le pueda brindar un servicio de excelencia.
Great clients
Maxim Health Care provides a flexible work schedule giving one the opportunity to other tasks during the week. Clients were always happy with the service.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
very low salary, below minimun wage
Their primary focus is the bottom line.
They will support you as long as you are able to maintain their income. Training is usually kept up, but may be overlooked if they need you elsewhere, though they will insist that they did it. If you are a long distance from the office, they will add supervisory responsibilities without recompense for the higher responsibility level, and may ask for it without advance notice. Supervisors are supportive until you fail, then they will turn on you and blame you; they know very little about their long distance cases. They pay as little as they can get away with, and there are no automatic raises.
Pros
Generally a stable, routine work place.
Cons
Low pay rate, lack of sincerity in the thanks they give. Minimal support in the field.
unorganized
didn't give me a chance to accumulate new clients and was unorganized.When I applied I had an issue because it took them 3 weeks to tell me I didn't have enough hours to transfer. All information is given by parents and sometimes they don't know.
Strong support from office
Any questions or problems that arise in the home are quickly addressed by the appropriate office personnel. Lots of educational opportunities if you seek.
A great oportunity for new graduates.
My experience with Maxim troughout this year has been pleasant. I have been able to learn and perfom pediatric techniques. The magnament is great and always ready to listen and find solutions to any problems .
Good company to work for
A typical day at work includes travelling to the client's home and taking care of all their health care needs. I manage my client's medications and treatments.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
1.3K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Maxim Healthcare Services.