Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,377 reviews matching the search See all 3,391 reviews
Low-Level Staffing Agency - If you can do this, you can do anything
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
- On-call responsibilities for recruiters (answering work calls at 3am).
- Low and "tricky" compensation. They claim to have commission, although it's shared among everyone, and there are multiple "cut-outs" that go straight to the company. There's no real commission in this job that you can actually control, and it's not rewarding enough to be a motivator.
- 6 month training period!!!! That includes NO formal training!!! Just a very minimal training wage!!!!
- Current managers have never managed before and have never received any management training. They don't know how to run a team, develop employees, etc. They have no idea what they're doing and it's not their fault.
- Empty promises for advancement. It doesn't happen. And if it does, they'll find a way to screw you anyway.
Very disorganized support office
LPN, Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 15, 2018
I like the flexibility. I know they have an employee recognition program but I have no idea how it works. I do feel under appreciated. The office staff could be more approachable.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Disorganized
Per Diem RN at Local Flu Clinics
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 15, 2018
Helpful staff in scheduling flu clinic and assigning locations convenient to my home. Scheduled several nurses together to man the flu clinic so that it would progress smoothly for the clients.
caretaking
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 15, 2018
I relieve my Mother to take care of my special needs Nephew. We get to hang out and it also helps me to understand one with Autism. I've learned to be a lot more patient.
Placement, income, flexibility, benefits
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 15, 2018
I enjoy my work assignment immensely. Income is fair for a private duty LPN. Everyone gets to pick and choose their hours and days. Health Ins is less than mediocre. They do have a nice discount program.
Pros
close to home, office staff is pleasant
Cons
Some things are not exactly as they seem at first.
Energetic workforce
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
Maxim Healthcare provides services to a very needy pediatric population, with sever medical conditions. My time with Maxim illustrated the commitment to their patients and family members.
The most enjoyable part of the time working with with Maxim was about the people that I worked with. We were a collaborative group of professionals striving to meet and exceed all expectations.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Leadership
Mismanaged but not the worst I have seen
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2018
Very disorganized but it seems to be something they are trying to correct. They just have a lot of office hires who dont have medical background and while note exactly applicable for their jobs, it does make communication about certain things difficult. Flexible hours but case by case pay which can be unpredictable at times. Not a bad gig if you find a good client.
active environment with multiple opportunities
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 12, 2018
Maxim's typical day is they find individual employees to work and service their clients'. Each Maxim center has the opportunity to follow corporate guidelines. The hardest thing I learned from my employment at Maxim is that I was assigned to an individual client who has a problematic history with Maxim. Maxim followed the rule of reviewing known details of each client and employee situation and Maxim leadership then decides how / if to take action.
Pros
active environment and multiple opportunities
Cons
unsure how to explain
Great place to work just watch your
LPN Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2018
Loved it too cliche at times and costs you your job when there is a turnover in position thus your new boss knows nothing about other then 1 misleading event.
Ok to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2018
Overall just a regular agency to work for No bonus time off rage increases Everyone is pretty friendly and helpful.No big issues besides pay rate so if you been working as a hha for 20yrs you get base rate
Pros
Ok place
Cons
No pay raises
Works for me
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 11, 2018
Definitely fits in my schedule. Supervisors are amazing and always willing to help. Though, there are some really incompetent nurses, which can be scary at times. The pay is horrible for a seasoned nurse, but the flexibility almost offsets that. Best experience I've had since becoming a nurse honestly.
Pros
Open door policy, flexible schedule, understanding admin
Cons
Pay
Diverse job culture
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
I gained various job experience from the multiplicity of jobs that I held with this company. From working in a pain management clinic to doing data migration.
Flexibilty
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 8, 2018
Good place to work for a flexible schedule. Many different opportunities to work in different areas. Office staff is helpful and accommodating. Offers learning opportunities for career growth.
great company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2018
great company to work for. They're very understanding, great pay, and will work with you to accommodate your schedule around your family life. always have work to be picked up great job security.
Pros
great pay, great enviorment, understanding
Cons
Disorganized, low pay, no holiday pay
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHNovember 7, 2018
I've been a nurse for 15 years, and found out a brand new nurse was making the exact same wages I was. Do not work holidays, they don't pay you any extra. They are good about trying to find cases for you that you're comfortable with, and are willing to work with you in that aspect. There seems to be no interoffice communication, because it's always like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in there. I once got three calls from the office from three different staff members asking me the same question; it's ridiculous. You don't get reimbursed for any mileage, just an hourly rate for shifts worked, and if you're doing visits there's a set amount per visit. If you're an experienced aide or nurse, do not settle for the pay rate they offer you; negotiate for a higher rate. Maxim does not offer any vacation time, even if you work full-time.
Pros
Flexible, set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, disorganized company, no vacation time or paid time off
Maxim offered a variety of work experiences
Visit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 6, 2018
Maxim Healthcare Services offers a diverse variety of work experience and had knowledgeable employees to work with. Employees who enjoy an independent work environment with thrive in this line of work.
Poor management, this location is run by un-knowledgable young people
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2018
Poor management, this location is run by young people, who lacked knowledge and experience in the field. Young Supervisors that were never out in the field trying to instruct and train their caregivers while still looking out for the client.. Hmmm... Very unorganized, clicky and consistent hours and the pay is a dime over min. wage.. No mileage is covered at all, so you basically working Chinese wages to get paid to dump your check in the tank and be broke right afterwards. Seriously?!
Pros
Cons
almost everything
some computer glitches
Department of Corrections Clinical Contractor (Current Employee) –  Canon City, ColoradoNovember 5, 2018
I'm satisfied working as a mental health contractor for the DOC through Maxim. The compensation is competitive and the job opportunities somewhat diverse. I work at the DOC through Maxim.
Pros
can work part time, Maxim will work with you to find a good fit
Cons
communication via phone and email is adequate and they are very responsive and helpful
I love what I do
License pratical nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
I love what I do just not who I work for how ever they did keep you up on your skills and services you provide to the consumer so what that being said one more again I love what I do as an license Practical nurse
Pros
I love my job
Laid Back
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2018
I’ve worked in various of nursing homes around the Memphis area and was starting to get burnt out. I got tired of dealing with people egos and constantly being rushed to provide care for 20 plus people. Some one recommended I try home health and I stumbled upon this company. I love the one on one care aspect of this job. Also you get to work with different demographics and not confined to elderly patients only! My work environment is relaxed and laidback. You have a peace of mind and are able to provide quality care for your client. You can do all of your documentation on paper or on their app which is very convient. Also your able to pick up more shifts if you desire.

However the office staff at the Memphis location are extremely unorganized 3 different people are telling you different things. I would only recommend doing this part time.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Wear any color scrubs, Company provides supplies, No housekeeping
Cons
Pay needs to be better. Miscommunication from office staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight