Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,510 reviews matching the search See all 3,524 reviews
Low-Level Staffing Agency - If you can do this, you can do anything
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
- On-call responsibilities for recruiters (answering work calls at 3am).
- Low and "tricky" compensation. They claim to have commission, although it's shared among everyone, and there are multiple "cut-outs" that go straight to the company. There's no real commission in this job that you can actually control, and it's not rewarding enough to be a motivator.
- 6 month training period!!!! That includes NO formal training!!! Just a very minimal training wage!!!!
- Current managers have never managed before and have never received any management training. They don't know how to run a team, develop employees, etc. They have no idea what they're doing and it's not their fault.
- Empty promises for advancement. It doesn't happen. And if it does, they'll find a way to screw you anyway.
Great place to learn and grow
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2018
Daily business all depends on open/active contracts (positions to fill). Even without a steady flow of client needs, management puts pressure on employees to recruit even if there is no work to fulfill.
Nonetheless, this business has a lot of teaching opportunities that I would suggest for those seeking to learn the hiring aspect of business as well as the daily requirements to run a medium scale operation. This company may not be long term for everyone but a decent place to start off your career.
Pros
Pto, compensation and colleagues
Cons
Work life balance (long hours) and shared commission
Blind leading the blind
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 28, 2018
I have worked at Maxim for 2.5 years, and the internal staff turnover has been whitewater paced. I enjoy my clients, and the pay is fair, but the benefits and PTO is junk. The management is all over the board, and no one can complete a task or answer a question appropriately many times over. I was misinformed about many issues, including protocol, pay rate and status, for example, when I asked for travel pay because it was 165 miles round trip, I was told that Maxim only pays 30 cents per mile. It is 55 cents. My case manager knows my client has Epilepsy, but "if you want the seizure log paperwork, feel free to drive in and get them". Payroll is an ugly nightmare, rarely correct. If you are the kind of person who doesn't care if your leaders are on par, them Maxim is for you.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Benefits, lack of qualified leadership
Horrible company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2019
Very unprofessional. Getting messages very late from recruiter, past 11pm to ask about a potential job. Slang and improper form of messaging. I was contracted to work for them for a big name company. They don’t follow up with your status, left alone. Did very well to the point that said company was very pleased with the performance. Due to a discrepancy on their faulty system Maxim was easy to let employee after they charge 27-30/hr but pay the employee way less. Don’t bother just skip them and go to the business of desired employment.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
No job security, lack of professionalism, no benefits
Might be ok for part time only
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2018
You can choose what cases you want to pic up, if you can get in touch with your recruiter... If your patient is out of town or in the hospital, you dont have another case to work. The company does not have PTO and health insurance is based on how many hours your averaged to work the month prior, so you may have insurance one month and not the next. Prob not a great choice to work full time if you need to be able to count on hours to work and income and benefits. They do offer classes to expand your skills
Pros
classes to expand skills, flexible schedule
Cons
management, poor communication, no job security, benefits are terrible
Wonderful Family- Horrible Company-RUN-dont walk!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 20, 2018
Very unorganized from rhe start, do not value nursing staff, misleading and lie to get people hired and then underpay and mess up pay continuously, no benefits, and very little help with anything. Constantly shorting paychecks and cheating people out of OT. Expect you to work for free all the time, never talk to the same person and can never get an honest answer. Do not value nursing staff, no holiday pay, no Christmas card, constantly having computer issues and software unreliable, recruiters will promise anything and never come through..loved the work and the family the company was the worst I have experienced in my 8 years as a nurse.
Pros
Patients are wonderful, independent
Cons
No benefits cheat out of pay
Poor Recruitment Team
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
At first I was excited to work for this company. I was placed at Advocate Healthcare doing medical assisting and health screenings. After 3 months I was offered to relocate to a different "temporary" 3 month position at a court house. I accepted and was excited to start my 3 month assignment. After 3 months, I was told there would be a possibility of full time employment through the company I was assigned to. I have been here for 2 years now, still with Maxim. I have not been offered any pay raises or adjustments, even though my responsibilities have significantly increased at this job. My original recruiter is no longer working at Maxim and I was assigned a new recruiter to help me. I have reached out to this recruiter several times regarding days off, pay rate, and job placement and I have not received any response in over 4 and a half months. I would not recommend working for this company unless you are just looking for temporary work with unfair pay. They will take advantage of you and ignore your emails and voicemails.
Pros
Can request days off without penalty
Cons
Pay, Recruitment, Communication
Stay Away
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaNovember 2, 2018
Do not work for this company. They are disorganized and lack professionalism. Their recruiters and supervisors hire friends and family to defend them. I was given attitude and disrespected by my recruiter and told that she was “too busy and forgot about me” and “did not have to explain herself” to me. When speaking to her manager, she claimed to be her friend and knew her for a long time and defended how they spoke to their employees. I immediately resigned. Terribly unprofessional and lack of communication and not worth the money.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Unprofessional
Decent pay with fast paced travel contract.
Occupational Therapist traveler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 25, 2018
Overall I liked my Maxim recruiter coordinator, as she exhibited good communication skills on a timely basis, and was upbeat. Unfortunately, the customer was a dud and overworked me with unrealistic expectations. You are not guaranteed too, that management who you are contracting with will support you. Customer had me use horrible software from "Jurassic park days" that hindered productivity. I was then scapegoated and resigned from the contract to save my own skin.
Pros
Decent pay.Company paid housing and medical/dental benefits.
Cons
Do not take a travel job if you can't handle high productivity quotas
Plenty of work to be had if you are willing.
Habilitation Technician - CNA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 24, 2018
Most times as a CNA you had more than one client in a day for up to four hours each, but you get no pay for gas. If you do not have your own transportation it is hard to get eight hours a day.
If you were fortunate enough to get a steady client, stick with them, because it is less stressful. Maxim was easy to work for if you were going to college like I was, and needed only daytime hours to be in classes at night. Some co-workers did the opposite.
Pros
Choose day or night work hours if going to college, or have another job.
Cons
Never got a pay raise the five years I was there.
absolutly terrible management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 5, 2018
The management does not care what so ever about the nurses. I worked there for 7 years total. I never saw a raise until after year 4 when I asked multiple times. the management claimed "oh we thought we gave you one". Their is 0 chance of job growth or moving up in the company. Any time a position opens for a recruiter or anything they hire someone outside of the company giving no thought to any of the nurses who applied. They never even bothered calling any of the nurses whom applied for at least an interview. then they have closed door meetings that none of the nurses can attend "that way they can speak their mind". If you are in need of a nursing job, there are a few other companies that will not only pay more, but actually offer opportunities for job growth.
Pros
Cons
little pay, long hours, no job growth, does not care about it's nurses
Can very well be considered a fun workplace but management sucks and there isn't room for advancement.
Field Support Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 31, 2018
Under staffed office. All Maxim offices aren't bad but this office is. They are bent on trying to be the number one office in the city/state that they do a lot of unacceptable, unnecessary things. Your basically a paper pusher, under going unnecessary stress for nothing. The work you do is undermined and worthless. You can learn a lot to gain experience to work somewhere else.Very stressful.
The manager of field support is a poor manager. He doesn't offer raises or chances for advancement unless it's in another office. You can ask about your development and you'll get the run around. The office manager still thinks like a recruiter and is one sided in a lot of his office decisions. The aides run the office. They come in and talk to whomever ,however they want and there is no justification. There's no respect for internal workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with. I must admit it's like a family in there. Although the managers may not have your back, most of your co workers will.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
benefits, Poor management
some computer glitches
Department of Corrections Clinical Contractor (Current Employee) –  Canon City, ColoradoNovember 5, 2018
I'm satisfied working as a mental health contractor for the DOC through Maxim. The compensation is competitive and the job opportunities somewhat diverse. I work at the DOC through Maxim.
Pros
can work part time, Maxim will work with you to find a good fit
Cons
communication via phone and email is adequate and they are very responsive and helpful
Wouldn't advise working here
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2018
Expect problems with your pay and problems resolving issues. This company does not look out for its employees at all. The pay rate is extremely low and the quality of benefits is horrible. Non-medical employees make decisions on what medical employees should go to patient's homes. Often those they send out are not properly trained. Safety issues that are brought up are met with retaliatory acts. Office staff is well trained at sounding professional while screwing over field staff.
Cons
Pay, benefits, toxic environment, no support
Not enough team work and high stress.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 5, 2018
The management cares mainly about money, numbers and them selves and moving up the ranks.
The recruiters are made to focus on hiring numbers and not the CNA's and Nurses or even the clients.
Again it is all about money & numbers.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
terrible benefits, high stress, lack of team work
You could do worse...
Average Joe (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 27, 2018
The pay is decent. Benefits are fair. You will work *with* the best people. Managers - quality varies greatly. Opportunity to learn new skills is exceptionally high. The company's mission is something you can believe in. You are not helping sales ppl sell widgets. Hard working office staff & recruiters are putting health care workers in homes & facilities. Really help people get quality healthcare services.
Asheville Maxim is great love the staff and clinical nurses helpful and responsive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC,July 6, 2018
Asheville Maxim was great, awesome. Clinical supervisors always able to help, instruct or just give e great advise. The supervisors always prepared you for any task you might encounter Ithe home. I'm new to Leesburg and am still feeling my way around. Onboarding was to fast. Paper work and how they specifically won't was not discussed so you go into your homes trying to find all your paper work. Could slow down the training a bit and an introduction to all staff would be great. Also there's not much information on benefits...your told they have all this great opportunities but you don't know how to access them.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff
Cons
Benefits and pay sucks (in FL.)
Quality Registry
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2018
Good place to work they always had hours available, opportunities to work in many different health care settings, and i almost never got cancelled and if i did they would have something else available for me
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
no raises and low pay
Poor management and low wages
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHOctober 22, 2018
I was told when hired that after a year I would receive a raise, vacation days and sick time. After working for over a year my wages stayed that same and I did not occur any other benefits.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Low wages, expensive benefits, poor communication
Pick your own schedule
LPN skilled. (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioJanuary 4, 2019
Low paying positions. No matter your experience. Simple one on one patient care. Paperwork provided and gloves. Can pick your own patient cases. Offer 10% off further college.
Pros
Pick own hrs and days
Cons
Have to fight for months to get raise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight