Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Found 3,114 reviews matching the search See all 3,127 reviews
Good atmosphere.
Scanning and Indexing Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Considerate bosses. Helped me find a job.

The job seekers are very helpful. Recommended for anyone who is in the job market.
Pros
Considerate bosses.
good schedule
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
I was able to make my own on schedule. The pay is not good especially having to deal with subpar equipment that the families have or can afford. Although no fault of their own since it is outrageously expensive. So the nurses just have to deal with it. Then some of the houses are just plain disgusting. I wouldn't want my animals raised there. We all have different opinions on clean but this part is what made me leave home health for good!!
Pros
schedules
Cons
pay, insurance, being in other peoples homes
See below
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
Work assignments appropriate , able to complete. Employees very helpful . Has positive orientation time. Management easily accessible. Workplace culture relaxed.
Pros
Clear and concise info given in regards to job responsibilities.
Cons
At times needed more work due to working perdiem
Good Place for Internal Staff
Clinical Case Manager/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJuly 17, 2018
Needs to provide more benefits for external staff. They would have better employee retention if these were provided to the field staff that go out into the homes.
Pros
Cell Phone Reimbursment, bonuses
Cons
Management needed help.
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21702July 16, 2018
Very good place to work. Patient care centered. Very good to staff. Great company. Friendly customer serviced. Reliable and dependable. Weekly pay is great.
Travel
PDN Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
Not well compensated for cases and nurses are often paid different rates for the same exact case. You are able to make your own schedule and chose homes that you are comfortable giving care too.
Maxim is a staffing agency
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2018
They have local offices so that is a bonus, especially when working as a traveling school psychologist. My national account manager keeps in constant contact with me regarding my experiences at my work site.
Pros
National Account manager keeps in touch
Cons
Local account manager is more difficult to access.
Friendly enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2018
Very team oriented. More training could have been provided for certain job tasks that were required. Overall I rate the company a good place to work great benefits offered as well.
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2018
This company was a pleasant to work for They let you pick the hours you wanted to work for your client. There was really no problems at this job but in-services once in awhile. The staff was pretty friendly and understandable.
Pros
Worked Hours was Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly company
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 16, 2018
I loved working for Maxim home health. They cared about the patients and employees. The hours were flexible and they always had overtime if you want it. It was a wonderful place to start my nursing career.
Pros
flexible hours, offers overtime
Cons
always asked to work as they are short staffed

Want to know more about Maxim Healthcare Services?

Ask a question
Working at the schools is misleading
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 15, 2018
I went to Maxim to work at the schools with disability children. Unfortunately I'm working with behavioral problem children. Most of them are 7th 8th graders. This is not an area that I was ready for or that I like working in. I thought I would be working with disabled children .Children that were in wheelchairs or needed certified nursing assistants assistance. Behavioral children you need a degree in Psychology or something to deal with bad kids. I'm a caregiver I cannot discipline somebody else's children. I was definitely mislead and trying to work in various Healthcare facilities you have to travel far and you're fighting for days to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working at the Schools is misleading
Good Experience but with low pay.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 14, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are trying to get experience in a specific area of nursing. The pay was much less than permanent positions, and the benefits were slow to get with limited coverage. While Maxim offers some sick leave, there are no paid holidays or vacation days.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Less pay, weak benefits, less leave than other companies.
Avoid
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 13, 2018
Poor management- company doesn't value their employees. They will use and abuse you and act like it's no big deal. Turnover is high in the recruiter position for a reason, they don't learn from their mistakes. Find better leaders or keep losing employees.
Pros
good PTO
Cons
no work life balance, bad management, not a lot of room for advancement, you work hard but management gets rewarded for it
As Clinical Supervisor at Maxim, I was pleased to have the opportunity for colleague training ad development
Medical Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 13, 2018
At Maxim, I worked mainly at offices completing patient assessments and developing treatment plans. I also provided assist to coordinate care services and provide employee training and goal development when needed. Hours of work and compensation were reasonable. Work environment was mildly stressful related to lack of staffing to fulfill case commitments often times
Pros
Hours of work and compensation were reasonable
Cons
Unsatisfied staff with HHA wages and stress with recurring staffing difficulties
per diem work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2018
this was temp employment did not work with them often this was like a per diem job for me gave me experience working as a CNA i would work for them again as well
great temporary nursing opportunity to make money in fall
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
good company to work for as far as temporary rn for flu clinics. other than that all other is unknown to me. great scheduling as needed. work as often or as little that ypu want. pay is average 25.00 hr
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
none for seasonal rn's
Maxim healthcare
AO (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 11, 2018
Fast paced home care staffing agency with a compassionate approach to home care . I enjoyed my time working at maxim it was a great stepping stone in my career.
Lack of Work
Remote Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 11, 2018
Awesome place to work when they have positions. Pay is very good with good benefits and recruiters seem helpful but even after working for an extended period you can go months without work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of work
fun work place
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 11, 2018
it has been a learning opportunity working for maxim company. I learnt how communicate with people and how to handle children with special needs. The staff are very friendly.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short cases
Excellent company to work for!
Health Care Recruiter/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 10, 2018
Maxim is an amazing company to work for. Very strong leadership that truly cares about the well being of their staff, internal and external.They believe in cultivating their staff and cross training in many different areas, constantly providing employees opportunities to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight