Maxim Healthcare Services Culture reviews

Found 488 reviews matching the search See all 3,698 reviews
The company is being sold so...
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 17, 2019
The company is closing but the culture was great when it wasn’t closing. All in all it’s a shame that the healthcare services part of Maxim Healthcare Services is being sold to Aveanna this year, 2019.
Wonderful place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2019
Wonderful place to work, i felt like you can create your own destiny and the people are great to work with. the culture is great and promotes individuality
Work with kids with special needs
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 22, 2019
great place to work with kids with special needs. Can be hard but rewarding at times. Get to work in clients home. Supervisors and team culture is great. Learning hands on to complete hours for board certification. They are flexible with your schedule if you are going to school or work another job. Recommend for people needing to do their hours.
Pros
perdiem
Cons
parents cancel sessions, you don't get paid
Maxim Review
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 11, 2019
Maxim has staff that is well rounded that allows you to discuss both positive and negative issues. Staff takes time with individuals to help. Staff assists in coordination for travel assignments.
Maxim Health Care
Assist medical providers (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, FLMarch 11, 2019
This job was to provide youth with their medications. In take and out take with admissions. Carrying out MD's orders. The culture of this job was not enjoyable. Maxim was not an enjoyable company to work with. When issues occurred, they were quick to dismiss any issues.
There always available work, which is great.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2019
working with and for diverse culture of people has been illuminating. I have learnt more history from these people first hand than you would learn from a textbook.
Nice People
Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 22, 2019
The management is very nice but pay is very low. The hardest part is driving far to drop off paperwork and attend mandatory education meetings that they only pay minimum hourly wage to attend. Same minimum wage for all nursing staff. Also there is mandatory annual education that has to be done online or at the office for which also is paid only minimum wage.The most enjoyable part of the job is providing good quality care to patients and knowing that you've made a difference in their lives.This is not a bad company to work for but be prepared to work for wages that are far below what competitive wages are for the area. They do not pay higher wages even if you have certifications.
Pros
Very Nice Managemet
Cons
Low Wages
Great Place
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Great Environment and Coworkers and Staff to work with. Clientele is amazing and energetic both young and old! Hours flexible Pay was wonderful! Great locations for all work.
rn
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 16, 2019
maxim is an interactive work culture with adequate resources to assist whenever i need help. they are great to staffing and provide many opportunity for learning.
The best job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I love this job it ia the best place to work at. Im confortable and I will never want to leave this job It has wonderful staff very respectful and very organized
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Healthcares
Good Workplace
RN Grady Hospital (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
This was a contract position. The workplace culture was great. I enjoyed my job. Pay was competitive. There was often available work. I learned to clarify information between my employer and the contractor.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Miscommunication between contractor and company
Requires punctuality and confidentiality
ROI Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2019
Friendly and professional workplace culture; cross-training broadened skills; helpful management; encouraged shadowing experiences; performance driven
Pros
on-site contracted location
Overall positive company to work for
Vice President (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 6, 2019
Great work culture, focused on clinical excellence, progressive, innovative, solid focus on compliance, national company, broad based business lines with healthcare focus
Horrible Contractors
Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Terrible work environment with little respect. The schools that you go to are always questioning your credentials, the teachers are always talking behind your back. If you are data collecting or send in a Child Abuse report the principals will heckle your supervisor for inappropriate work ethics. The BCBA's are arguing amongst each other if they haven't quit yet. There is a lack of trust in which BA's have to bring a sign-in sheet to be dated and signed by teachers. No time off work when you are injured, lack of follow through with workers compensation. Be prepared to go in with bodily injuries and be given an ice pack as "compensation". There is a reason why recruiters and leads at Maxim are always changing.
Pros
Seeing co-workers at the office
Cons
Office politics, lack of responsiveness from Maxim team, no consistence
lpn
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 4, 2019
I loved working for this company at first I didn't want to work with pediatric patients but once I started I loved it. The hardest part is watching the kids get sick.
Flexible hours
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Working part-time I was compensated well and able to work with flexibility. The most enjoyable part of my job was being available for the pediatric patients when needed.
it's a good company to work for.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day at work: treating patients, documenting, educating patients on their health conditions as well as their family members. Educating patients on how to take their medications.

What I have learned; I have learned as a nurse I am the patient's advocate.

Management: The companies management is good

Workplace culture: strong leadership, Coaching programs and leadership training are implemented and stressed. The patient first always.

The hardest part of the job: seeing a patient in pain and unhappy.

The enjoyable part of the job: Caring for people, I enjoy helping people who are in need. Sharing my knowledge to promote health, teaching patients about their medication and why it's important to take their medication as required.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
It doesn't lead to the job I want for the next 6 years.
Productive and a very nice place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed this job very much. The patients I had were really nice and I enjoyed being able to work with just one patient in thier home. The staff at the office were very nice and were very understandable when it came to me needing time off and working with my schedule
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay wasn’t all that great
Great place for in- home care!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJanuary 10, 2019
Nurses are on a 1: 1 nurse/ patient ratio which is less stressful and allows you to give better care to your patient. They still do paper charting. Depending on your patient, you may or may not use your nursing skills. No continuing education classes offered.
Pros
Flexible working hours/schedule
Cons
No competitive pay, no continuing education
Great Workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 30, 2018
Great place to work and friendly staff - promotes a work/life balance. Required training was extensive and did not pertain to work- Overall Great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight