Maxim Integrated Employee Reviews

mediocre
Fab Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 15, 2018
Management team needs a lot of work. The majority of them don't understand the basics of what they are instructing people to do. They do have a tendency to play favorites as well when it come to vacations and promotions.
Sad
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
Maxim's upper management does not seem to care about the employees but only in what benefits them the most.
Mostly the employees are great but are under a large workload so collaboration is scarce.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Workload, management
production operator
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  philippinesOctober 7, 2018
as a production operator for 11 yrs i do my work ,my responsibilities,if have another hours for work i attend as a overtime and i enjoy my 11 yrs works with good and no record bad criminal
Pros
free meals and transportation
Cons
have insurance, healthcard, trainings
Company was brought out by towerjazz
Production tech II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78251October 2, 2018
Okay to work there just do your job and go home, supervisor will leave you alone as long as you are doing your job, the only fault is the working schedule. Start night is Sunday,
Pros
Work schedule 3 nights one week 4 the next
Cons
Working on Sundays
Not a safe place to work
Technician 4 (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 28, 2018
I worked for Maxim for 8 years and was promoted only one time. Most of the equipment was very old. There was never any sign of the company investing in newer or better equipment. Not a safe place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very unsafe place to work
Great place to work for
Electronic Technician to Maintenanace Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2018
Enjoyed my tenure at Maxim. Work enviroment was created with positive morale and collaberative. Ideas and creative ideas were always lent an ear to listening and documenting ideas.
No management structure at all
Reliability Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 16, 2018
Their Reliability Lab is being rotten. It's no longer high tech any more. Hard working is not recognized.They are still using many antique equipment. Their IT system is also very slow and tedious.
volunteer
Fundraiser/Raffle Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 6, 2018
it was an amazing place to volunteer at everyone is friendly and helpful. they provided you the resources to do your job efficiently and affectively. I would recommend this to a friend
Budget is always a consideration
Equipment specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 29, 2018
Typical day at maxim was supporting the equipment. The hardest part of the job was trying to repair equipment with no parts. Budget was always a consideration when trying to repair equipment.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very lean operation
A lot of days off
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2018
Maxim Integrated was a nice company to work for. Pay is low at the operator level. Typical days involve a fast-paced, competitive environment. You will sweat because of the gear you have to wear in the labs. Culture is relaxed. Good people work for Maxim.
Pros
A lot of days off
Cons
Long hours, the gear you have to wear in the labs
My review at Maxim Integrated
Senior Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95134August 24, 2018
My routine job is look over on Preventive Maintenance list to check any equipment due for PM and wait for semiconductor test equipment problem arise during a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is to learn new equipment from set up, operation and writing Specs for PM and Operation. The hardest part of the job is being pressure by management and engineer for equipment down time. However, Maxim is a good place to work.
Maxim Integrated was an excellent company to work for until it made several acquisitions causing thousands of superior, loyal workers to be laid off.
Administrative Assistant and Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 20, 2018
Maxim Integrated is a competitive semiconductor industry leader. As every part of the organization is cutting edge, every day posed a new learning curve. Under new leadership, many business units were cut in a massive re-organization. Excellent, loyal talent was cast out.
Pros
Working at Headquarters had tremendous perks.
Cons
Satellite offices were closed.
Biased Management
Customer Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
Management made Maxim a bad place to work. It looked nice and shiny on the outside, but your performance reviews were completely subjective to how well your direct supervisor liked you. I was offered a promotion, and then was told it was given to someone else because they had been there longer. It only got worse from there. I learned a lot about the semiconductor industry, but that's about it. They claimed to have an open door policy, however when I suggested changes that could improve workflow, not only were the ideas shot down, I was labeled a troublemaker(even if the ideas didn't work, constructive feedback would have been acceptable).
The lack of diversity at the company was overwhelming, and unless you were a robot servant to your boss, you didn't get a good review.
Pros
Decent benefits, discounts
Cons
Performance reviews completely subjective
collaborative
Desktop / Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2018
Fun place to work. made many new friends there. Big project. I did a lot of audio visual projects there. worked at the help desk fixed computers support executives
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
no windows
No such thing as loyalty
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
The company sent out entire payroll team positions to another country to save money. Not very encouraging to the employee culture. It started a a great place to work, but as upper management changed so did the atmosphere.
Great first job
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2018
A good place to work for your first job. They teach you a lot and help improve and develop your skills. I greatly appreciated the opportunity to work with them and I hope that I may eventually work for them full time. They were more than willing to work with me and getting me my full work week even when I had to take time off for my Military obligations.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Contractors do not usually get a full time position after their contract expires.
Very Challenging, but Rewarding Place To Work
Evaluation Kit Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 25, 2018
You can become a jack of all trades. Maxim has a vast product line and at any time, your may be working multiple projects such as a DC-DC converter, battery charger and DAC. Very good company to learn and grow
Cons
Project team may consist of people in different countries. Therefore, it can very very challenging scheduling meetings to discuss important issues
great company
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2018
great management
friendly and knowledgeable coworkers
great compensation
relaxed working environment
lots of room to grow
there is always team bonding events
Stressful
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Worked hard and accomplished a lot. Many engineering fixes and projects completed. Work was well received and appreciated by Process Engineering group.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Location, Company culture
great place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 31, 2018
I worked here as a temp. It was a good experience for the time being. The job assignment was just okay. The campus is nice. Everyone is friendly and there's always free coffee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Integrated. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight