MAXIMUS Employee Reviews

Found 2,672 reviews matching the search See all 2,758 reviews
Do your job well to be promoted
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gates, NYMarch 24, 2019
If you act appropriately, and have concern for quality in your position, you can move upward faster than most companies. Important to have a proper attitude and care for the consumer.
Pros
free parking; promote from within
Cons
limited vacation pay
telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters
Agent (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 24, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Maximus. the only reason I left was the distance I was driving at the time. I took another job closer to where i live and it hurt me due to the cut in pay i had to take.
Pros
good hours
Cons
schedules change every three months
I wouldn’t recommend
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 23, 2019
I worked at Maximus for almost 2 years and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. They do not care about their employees and rarely hire on permanent. There is no advancement and a lot of favoritism here. Things would change every day, which isn’t a bad thing but got old after a while. However I loved my co workers and my supervisors. (Some management were rude don’t get me wrong). But overall I wouldn’t recommend, don’t waste your time here it’s not worth it and the pay is low
Pros
Casual dress, listen to music, co workers
Cons
No advancement, high turnover, low pay
Great people on my team
Senior Admin Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2019
The best part of where I work is the people in my department, Our team is filled with talented, caring and supportive people. They are a joy to be around. We assist each other in our everyday work. We have excellent work ethics.
Pros
My team members
Not enough Pay for this Job
Consumer Services Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 23, 2019
This job I wouldnt be able to recommend simply based off of my experience here.
To start, management is terrible. Pervy managers and supervisors...favoritism..no room for advancement.
The job itself is stressful, health insurance will be.
The pay is good, but not enough for this specific job. When it comes to management and supervisors they dont help their agents.. They fire people randomly for no reason (yes, no reason) just to keep fresh people on the phones.
Wouldnt recommend.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Not Worth the Stress
Consumer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2019
The only good thing about the job is the pay and that is it if you need a job that actually cares about its employees this is not the place for you. You a just a number to them and they pick and choose what is right and wrong when they want to. By far the worse job I have ever worked at.
Poor Managment
Coach (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 23, 2019
The purpose is great but they have poor communication with clients and co workers, They have unreal expectations, and no training. They will not giving you any solutions to problems
Depends on project.
Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2019
Everything is dependent on the project and the team and management that has been housed there. I worked at multiple project sites as I was willing to relocate and while I did learn a lot as I got to work with different technologies, everything at the site and how the environment feels will just be at the discretion of the project / program manager there, and you coworkers. I had managers and coworkers whom I greatly respected and saw eye to eye with and those that I didn't. The atmosphere can just vary a lot.

I had minimal contact with my superiors outside of my own project teams, asides at the conclusion of projects or when I was being moved to a new site. I felt there was no clear track on how I could advance within the company and felt pigeonholed in the position I was currently at.
Learning experience
CSR (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 21, 2019
It was a learning experience and something different I can do as a Customer service representative. Good experience, unfortunately the managers where not the best, favoritism and a lot of pressure and stressed was involved in our daily work . I was pregnant when I was working there and it caused me a lot of stress and headaches.
Great work atmosphere but poor management
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2019
Change is inevitable here. Poor management and communication. Not enough training for the amount of work that is expected. Pay is mediocre, benefits are decent, PTO is accrued per pay period, paid biweekly, morale and participation is based on management leadership so if you are lucky you will get an involved supervisor and actually know personal and team stats. Favoritism is extremely high. Unless you have a higher up position don’t expect this place to be a career.
Pros
Hour lunch, Pto, benefits, quarterly bonuses, yearly raise
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, insufficient training, unrealistic production expectations, insane amounts of reading and research, not enough income
unorganized
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
I was a contract employee for a temporary project, it was hectic, unorganized and with no clear understanding of what was the job function. Great location, lot's of lunch option and after work activities.
Pros
location
Cons
poor pay, management
Eligibility Support Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXMarch 20, 2019
in an environment that encourages creativity and innovation, while nurturing a commitment to public service and helping citizens. Imagine working for a company that recognizes and rewards its employees for making a difference in people’s lives. MAXIMUS offers all that and more.
Maximus is just average
Associate Analyst - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 20, 2019
Maximus is not a horrible place to work but it is not great either. They force their employees to go above and beyond without any incentives. I think if they changed this it would be a great company to work for.
Would not go back
Consumer Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2019
Maximus was a very stressful environment to work in. Management played favoritism, they promoted workers were not knowledgeable and supervisors and managers were shady and very disrespectful. I was there for 2 years! I applied for many roles and because of stack ranking I was never even considered for an interview even though I was a top performer for over a year and a half and was rewarded by a horrible quarterly luncheon where they gave out lamented awards. Their metrics to meet were unrealistic because they keep changing their policies and it takes 2 months to receive 8 hours of PTO! I miss my co workers because they made the work we did bareable. Other than that I’m glad I decided to leave.
Pros
Coworkers experience in health insurance
Cons
Pto, micro management, stress that was place on agents about management bonuses
Not the best in the world
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 18, 2019
If I Was to be honest, it feels like MAXIMUS actually looks for reasons to fire people. I have met some very nice and helpful people, but they were working at the site before Maximus took over.
Very poor work ethics and liars
Financial Processor II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 16, 2019
Unless your just needing extra cash to pay bills, I would look for another career. Maximus actually steals from their associates from the government. Managers are straight off of the street and only care about kissing the onsite managers backside. Work ethics and following the employee handbook are only good for some, while others can walk around and goof off....if for some reason you do get employed here, just goof off and don't worry about meting your numbers. They don't care! trust me
Pros
Cons
benefits are a joke and nothing for the good working associate
MAXIMUS Milwaukee project is a horrible place to work
SSI/SSDI Specialist-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2019
MAXIMUS is A horrible place to work, if you want to really help people overcome there barriers and become self sufficient. I don't feel the Management team really cares about the population/participants that they are being paid to service, they only care about the bottom dollar.
the best place i ever work on
Bilingual Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 15, 2019
the best job ever they make you fell like a family the supervisor are great the manager i do not matter how busy they are the always had time for you they live the open door so any buddy can go and speack to them
Stressful place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMarch 14, 2019
Working at Maximus it was an okay place to work. At first it was very comfortable and exciting but there is alot of favoritism and I felt that my work was not being recognized the way it should have been. I felt so stressed every time I would get out.
Pros
Pays okay and does provide you with 30 minute lunch.
Cons
Lack of communication
A lot has changed since 2009
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 13, 2019
It used to be a fun place to work back when I first started. As the years past, the lower the morrall has gotten. We used to have fun activities and they used to treat us to lunch or ice cream but all of those things ended.
Pros
Its a good steppingstone
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAXIMUS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss