Maximus

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Decent work from home

It was fine but too disorganized with new projects. They do offer good benefits and tend to hire from within. They also offer work from home for certain positions

Official response from Maximus

July 21, 2021
We appreciate that you took the time to post a review and are pleased that our benefits package was a positive aspect of your employment. If you have any additional suggestions on how we can continue to improve our employees' experience, please reach out to us at feedback@maximus.com. And don't forget to check out maximus.com/careers for future career opportunities.

Adjudication

In this role I learned something different the training is really on a case by case basis. Only thing was the work from home position I had to work a different time zone for better pay!!!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

I’m order to get a decent pay you have to work for another state, which also comes there states hours by time zone

Good workplace accommodations, terrible benefits and pay

The job itself was very difficult at times, high call volume and difficult callers. Good work experience though because of that. Pay is horrible for all the knowledge and skills and patience you have to have, you only get the higher wage that they advertise 4/12 months of the year and you have to train in multiple areas and get promoted to get slightly higher pay outside of that. Pay is not worth it. Horrible health insurance. You'd think that working for health insurance, I could get good benefits. It didn't cover anything. The medical accommodations department was great and easy to work with. You also don't get pto until after a year of working there. I did work with awesome people and a good supervisor though. Breaks are short.

Pros

Good medical accomodations, nice coworkers, good work experience

Cons

Bad healthcare, bad pay, short breaks

No Job Security

They will hire you, say you will work for awhile and will be transferred to a new project. Once the project you were hired on is canceled they will drop you and everyone in the dept with short notice. Everyone hired as a direct hire previously was dropped and given no options to transfer depts, including supervisors.

Pros

No callers in call center, free money

Cons

No job security, terrible training

Easy

Easy money. Great company to work for to get experience and if you decide to stay easy to move up and get promoted. Set schedule and can sign up for overtime

Pros

Easy money

Cons

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Consistency in changing work area’s is a draw back. If you really like helping people and not getting your hands dirty this is the job for you. You must be able to follow a strict schedule as everything is monitored to the minute

Most terrible place I’ve ever worked. No team work, it’s all about numbers.

This is the most terrible company I have ever worked for. The management is rude and unhelpful. No one cares about the employees, all that matters to them are numbers. There are changes every week and no one trains you properly to remember them. I get ignored in team chats by my supervisors and they try and coach me about things they won’t help with. I hate this company!!! I will never recommend anyone to work for this greedy company.

Pros

There are none, be prepared to be a slave.

Constructive criticism

Constructive criticism-When it comes to having to do doctors appointments in my situation I don’t get covered for it I just have to be in between a 40 hour let me in if I head over the 40 hours an hour but I do overtime for those hours to get them back and earn them back in 11 days. Sometimes it’s hard to do that when your working hours overnight and not really having time to take care of your business during the day because of being drained during the week.I had to make doctors appointments time over during the summer and so it’s been hard trying to get doctors appointments for my surgery and not be exempt or get sick in the workplace. There is no accommodations for your situation is taking over especially when you were over a certain time. Over 5 PM there’s no commendation for that or nothing extreme but it’s not that bad of a job. My doctors notes or health just don’t matter.

Pros

Three breaks, understandable supervisors, personal headphones

Cons

Covid app, complicated system, bi-weekly, difficult managers, Hires anybody, & no bragging rights for quality benefits

Depends on the State, Really

If you work for a Maximus project in a state where the state government is invested in ensuring equal pay and representation, you are probably loving it!If you don't work in such a state, you are probably not.Maximus doesn't push back enough in more conservative states to ensure well-paid and compensated staff, resulting in extremely high turnover at the contact center. Training consists of constant back-to-back new hire classes with very few breaks. The most recent contract has added some staff, so hopefully that will get better, but no raise for contact center staff is likely, so the hemorrhaging will continue.

Pros

Great people! Everyone is dedicated to the success of the project and the staff.

Cons

Below industry- and location-standard pay rates, Corporate doesn't look out for local project staff in negotiations.

A large organization ran like a mom and pop shop

Departments are severely understaffed through out the organization. Management will (tell you) they want your input. But they really do not to implement change. This is really sad because the company as a whole could be great. But they need a serious operational makeover.

Pros

Wfh

Jobs at Maximus

See more jobs

Very strong work ethics and constantly reevaluates so that the standard of work is at its highest level.

They really want to make sure everyone has another project to go to when one is over so that we stay working. Keep you well trained in the project your on so that you can preform at your best for the client.

Pros

Management is always there to help if you need it

Cons

Cant really think of any

This company was an amazing place to work the employees where great my manager was very nice & helpfull if we had any question if they had another job opening i would take it in a heart beat.

Lack of organization

Trainer was great, but training was insufficient. Didn't teach how to complete the tasks of the job. Expect multiple changes because upper management will accommodate the client to keep the contract.

I loved that I was helping people every day.

Maximus does not care about the employees that they do have. That's why they have such high turnover. They are about number of calls, not the customer service quality.

Hours

Maximus is a terrible place to work. The staff and managers are not great leaders. You don't need no experience to work for Child support. Turnover rate will continue to be high due to bad leadership.

Pros

M-f

Cons

Low wages, bad leadership, overload cases

Ok

Training was great.. Nesting not so much. The Supervisors were rude and unprofessional.. it’s very unorganized. If you make it out of nesting the job is fairly easy.

Run!

No work structure, Poor management, no room for growth and advancement, Training teachers are great training timeframe is not sufficient and over saturated with information not needed to perform the job. Pay is horrible for all your expected to do.

Great company to work for

I was hoping the opportunity to work for another contract within Maximus. Have been applying, however the pay is low. Have experience, positive, with a degree in business administration.

Pros

Great supervisor that would luncheons

Cons

We all took snacks

Management dont know what they are doing on day to day operations.

The worst company to ever work for. They make it seem like their benefits are good but they suck. All of management there is 2 faced. No support from management or supervisors.

Pros

Cons

Health insurance benefits suck

Fun workplace environment

I was a temporary employee and enjoyed working from home during COVID times. The only thing I can say is if you are not tech savvy you’ll feel miserable.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

No long term opportunities or advancement

Work Load

High volume of calls. Callers call and want us to be able to access their accounts are get upset when we tell them we’re not able to. We can only offer general questions to their inquiries.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Never enough information for the callers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K
1.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss