Maximus Employee Reviews

Found 2,442 reviews matching the search See all 2,515 reviews
Stressful but supervisor made it fun with incentives
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I was happy with this job even though it was a very stressful job supervisors made it less stressful by providing different activities during the month
Pros
Pay is good paid holidays and good people
Cons
Upper management are terrible they don't care only the bottom line of profit
Toxic Leadership environment
tech leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 19, 2018
IT leadership is toxic. Threat management is daily event. Business rightfully dislikes the technology leadership. Company needs to reboot their tech leadership team.
Cons
poor compensation
Fast passed Employer
Bi-lingual Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Very Professional Employer focused on quality and guideline adherence. Very particular with Employee Monitoring in efforts to improve quality and Contractor satisfaction.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 19, 2018
Stressful
Not being able to help some people
Getting to know new people
Helped people who called in to sign up for Affordable Care Act
The people at work
Horrible Company
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Poor management team. Cheap on NY Department of Health by making fake reports. Delay to pay employee's salary. They will retaliate you if you report issues to your managers.
Pros
no pros
Cons
all the espect
it is a fast working place.
CSJ Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2018
I like to help people . lots of information. multi task. it is a team work .
Receive phone calls,assist customer by responding to questions and problems.Assist in maintaining work area.proven ability to work without supervision.profound ability to work in a fast -paced environment.exceptional organizational skill.
Work/home life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 17, 2018
I loved working with Maximus, but the company was taking a different turn in policies that did not allow me to protect my employees and it was making it impossible to assist single parents without them losing their job.s
Not the worst place in the world to work
Administrator III Intake QC (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 16, 2018
You are either really busy to the point where they offer overtime or it's so slow, there is nothing to do for almost the entire day. There is no in between.
As an SCA (contract) employee, the benefits are terrible.
Pros
hours 6:30-3:00, casual dress code (jeans)
Cons
healthcare, no pay raises in the 5 years I've been there, 10 PTO days
Well known orgnanizaition
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 14, 2018
MAXIMUS is a well known organization with strong relationships with the US and in other countries. If you are willing to relocate opportunities always exist allowing for quick advancement and versatile job roles.
Pros
Stong Brand
Cons
Resources can be limited at times when needed the most
Great work place.
CSR II (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 12, 2018
Very professional environment, quite call center with open door policy , friendly staff and knowledgeable supportive superiors. Wonderful workplace.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
30 min lunch
Great type of work. Ragedy establishment
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
This place has potential. But desperately is need of some new hiring in management. Professionalism, Equality, Team work, and POSITIVE attitudes would help. Better yet...I believe that office needs a little holy oil or even some sage. This life is too short to be confined in any space with such bitter, judgmental, immature women. I sat back the whole time..only speaking to a select few.. Just to watch. It is a sad place but people have to make a living. I was warned before entering this place of employment. I needed a job bad! So if you are in need of a job bad. Then def get your money...just dont speak to ANYONE. Yea..its that bad.
Pros
The actual work is easy once you get the hang of it, enjoyed helping the members Thats what its all about.
Cons
Pay is not worth the drama that comes with this place, i couldve stayed for 3 or 4 xtra dollars Nothing less
Ok place to work - because of people, not the organization.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 8, 2018
Director looks at you rarely speaks.
Lack of Upper Management Support
Good ole boys club.
Us (Director, HC and friends) and them (Reports) environment.
HC - a lot of guesswork that negatively impact teams and present inconsistencies.
Great Company
Management Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Would return a thousand times. Good management who was well educated and understood team work and cared about their employees. Very refreshing. Would return in a heartbeat.
Its been too long
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I've been gone for a while can't remember specifics, it was a good company very structured, lots of continued education due to government assisted programs
Decent starter job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 6, 2018
The job is straightforward and not complicated, the hours at the location I worked in were predictable and any mandatory overtime was announced in advance (about a week). Have good typing speed, and it's decent for a stepping stone/income while you keep looking for other things.
A Day in the workplace
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, COSeptember 5, 2018
A Typical day at work starts with me coming in and taking attendance, starting chat, and making sure that my agents and team leads are well taken care of throughout the day. In my position I have improved with my technology skills and have gotten comfortable with excel spreadsheet,. The workplace culture is a very diverse group of people which I enjoy. Hardest part about the job can be dealing with angry consumers, but most enjoyable when we are able to take care of the and meet their needs.
Pros
Nice area of town, gym on site, they work with your schdule
Not bad for a call center
Research Technician/Complaints Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I was quickly promoted within the company. The job was very stressful because of dealing with unhappy customers often. It is not bad for a call center job and the overtime was really great.
Pros
Raises given regularly
Cons
Very stressful environment
Good people
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYSeptember 4, 2018
the people i worked with were very kind and easy to work with. the training could have been a little better but could ask pretty much anyone and had help with questions.
Pros
free coffee
Inadequate pay
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MaximusSeptember 4, 2018
There is no PTO, paid time off or pay raises with the project.
The job it self is easy however with the lack of potential growth, not being recognized for your achievements and culture of the company makes the job unbearable.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Computer Batch Operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95811September 1, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at Maximus is that is flexible . What I mean about flexible, is that I'm allowed to work remotely from home. Working from home has allow me to be more productive and reliable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight