Maximus Employee Reviews

Maximus
SUPERVISOR OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2018
Maximus has been an exceptional employer since I started with the company in 2016! The advancement opportunities are endless, and I really like the fact that they promote from within versus external hiring.
Review
Manager Quality Assurance and Training (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 19, 2018
Maximus has a unique business model. There is constant turnover and the need to continually recruit and train staff. Costly and disruptive way to operate.
Maximus was a great place to work, I enjoyed helping members access resources and fulfill thier needs
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hwy 71 Austin TxJuly 18, 2018
I answered incoming calls for Medicaid members. Assisted them with locating medical providers. A positive work place culture. I enjoyed assisting member with their needs. I highly recommend Maximus for employment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
none and very little lesure
CSS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
too micromanagement, too little time for break and lunch, the equipment's outdated, the office environments temperatures is very poor! but we do learn about the medical insurance and aspect of the process
Pros
don't have to face the consumers
Cons
stressful of micro management
Did Not Like It
ENROLLMENT COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
I was there for 3 and a half years and never got a raise. My pay was $12.02 a Hour. They were overly strict, and was always fearful for my job. I was glad when I found a new job.
Pros
The location was great, but they have since moved
Cons
Everything Else
Okay company to work for
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 18, 2018
Most people especially top management have been in the company for many years which can make it hard to bring real change. People are used to their way of doing things. Didn't feel I could grow in my position.
Rocks
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Maximus Inc Help me get the most out of heath plans. BY providing the environment needed to grow and learn so i can move on to member services and health plans.
Ok compamy to work for very stressful
Customer Service Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 18, 2018
When I firt got here I was hired temp and it took me 6 months to get perm, everything I did meaning hours worked and scores were not counted for that period. When I was hired perm it was like I was brand new again. I wasn't eligible for promotions still had to wait 6 month. This company does not reward enough for good behavior and good performance. Managers and sups have their favorites and even if they break a rule they turn their head, Sups always looking at other teams faults but not their own. Sups and managers fix scores so they look like they have a higher average. I was in a good spot with my first sup he was very attentive and working on developing me for the next steps in my career. They then decided to flip flop everyone around and since last year November 2017 I haven't had a steady sup I have had 4 since that time and no attention for development. They have a point system here and if you are late or leave early you get point deducted from your point which if you go below a certain number you will get written up. Sups are allowed cell phone but not agents. No internet use and no activates are given to pass the time, they say read your work instructions but I been here for a long time I legit have read them and your not supposed to memorize the work instruction your supposed to open it every call. If you take pto and you are getting a bonus that come out of your bonus. They rarely excuse points its like these sups and managers love to write people up especially if you are on a different team but they don't look walk down their own team aisle and see all the things  more... their team does wrong. This place a stressful and you need to be on point and watch your back. They promote who they want so good luck moving up. I had been here for 2 years and got a 23 cents raise which was on the high side because I perform well.  less
Pros
good pay steady job, no drug test, If you get a good sup and manager you will suceed
Cons
no advancement, little rises, stressful enviornment, sups not knowledgeable
Keep it moving
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for a Happy work life, balanced work life, vacation time, overall happiness then keep it moving. This job has limited opportunities & a high turnover rate.. it's more like a low budget call center.
Laid back place to work
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
Easy money, slow paced. Repetitive work. Self sufficient. Need to work well and meet quotas. This is a very easy job depending on the position. I was strictly data entry, no calls.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Slow
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
I would answer calls to help medicaid recipients with problems with their health insurance. Management was ok. I worked with friendly people. The hardest part of this job was I had to listen to people saying over the phone about their sickness, of a family member being sick especially after I lost my son to Leukemia.
A day in the life of...
State Wide Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 16, 2018
Overall, MAXIMUS is a reliable company to work for. As with every large company it has its pros and cons. I can say that I have gained a tremendous amount of leadership knowledge here both with formal training and time. They offer many ways to gain professional development. There is also a wide variety of positions that you can promote or laterally move to. The cons in my opinion are that they pay much less than other companies in the industry. There is not much flexibility in schedules ie. flex schedules, remote access, or work life balance. And at this point, our particular project employs just over 3000 people which unfortunately you lose any personibility. I enjoyed most working with my staff and in the quality department.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Too big
not a fan of this employer
CSR (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 16, 2018
not a good place to work all jobs are Temp people rarely get hired on permanent. high intensity competition between teams. every minute is clocked including bathroom time for example if you use the bathroom too much your over all score goes down. boring and repetitive. angry callers almost everyday
Pros
Cons
everything
New Manager
Verification Documents Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 16, 2018
New manager and management is getting bad. No work life balance. No approved leave without pay. Very hard to gain PTO. Not a job for anyone with a family or someone who has a lot of drs appointments or caring for any kind of family. Not at all a family place anymore. Job is extra easy but management causes lots of stress and keeping everyone on their toes. Not very homey. People are nervous to loose their jobs over the small things like going to drs apts or family emergencies.
Cons
Those who work hardest are underpaid and underappreciated
Human Capital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
MAXIMUS is a great entry level job for certain positions, but does not keep up with competitive pay rates with today's market. It does not always reward its hardest workers however, who are often overlooked for recognition and promotions for those who are closer to management. Departments will work understaffed for indefinite periods of time without a plan to hire, putting triple work on their employees, but no compensation is given, and morale is often very low.
Pros
Great entry positions
Cons
Experience varies by department, hard to move up
Enjoyed having flexible hours
Program Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
Maximus was a place that I did not care for because meeting quota was a little extreme which I met most of the time. Did care for it. However I can remember when we had competitions during Halloween time the department who created the best pumpkin carving got certain awards and previgiles.
Pros
They recognized your birthday by decorating your desk
Cons
Too much traffic before work and definetly after work
I learned a lot about health insurance.
CSSIII Consumer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 14, 2018
They will use you up and throw you out. I was just about to earn the highest achievement award at work and then I got fired for something ridiculous. It is a tough place to get promoted but I guess it is possible if you try hard enough.
Pros
I met a lot of good people.
Cons
You might get fired by surprise.
great at maximus
CSS III (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2018
I love maximus very relaxing atmosphere. all the supervisors and managers try they hardest to help you succeed in this business. very great envoirment
Friendly environment and amazing training coach
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJuly 13, 2018
Enjoyed working here but found myself stressed due to the amount of information given in such a short amount of time and the fact that they fired people because they didn't pass the metric during the training session
Love the job and how it benefits clients
Research Specialist Tech III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
The job is very interesting something different to look forward to each day. Management is horrible . Supervisors are unprofessional . The company has nothing to offer its employees not even free coffee. After a year make they don’t even tell you happy work anniversary nothing not even an email. Maximus should show their employees more appreciation especially those who have been dedicated to the company for years.
Pros
Offered overtime . paid Holidays and weekends off
Cons
Nothing is offered to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

50out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Maximus.