MAXIMUS
57Below average

MAXIMUS Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA73 reviews
Company is in a time of transition. Systems and policies did not mature at the same pace as the overall company. This is now changing however they are still playing catch up.
MAXIMUS Federal is the new incarnation of the former Accenture Federal. They are a large company poised for future growth, albeit with numerous competitors aiming to take usurp some of their lines of business within the DC Metro area. They offer professional training courses (SAFe Agile) and the opportunity to advance into other areas of the company.
MAXIMUS has a lot of flexibility of working from home and has a great work life balance. It is a good place to learn and take on more responsibilities than a normal IT PM would do.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited career growth
This is a great company. The only downside is if you’re working on a contract, and once the contract is up, your job is finished if you are working on a contract within the company.
Management does not micromanage. Managers are always ready to lend their support when employees need it. Management encourage diversity and treats everyone equal.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The position is 100% remote. The company is new to AWS and is looking to do a lot with AWS out-of-the box technologies. This is a great time to get involved.
The company could use a lot of improvement when acknowledging their core and essential staff that are a great access to the company. As a result many good employees leave only for the company to call them back needing them.
I enjoyed working at Maximus; while it was stressful due to it was the affordable care act, I liked helping the callers and in explaining to them how it worked over what they thought or what someone else had told them. I think most of the people I helped came away with a better understanding.
It’s a great place to learn new skills and move on to another company but it’s hard to advance per the policy of getting approval from management if you’re there less than 18months. After that you can apply to other positions without permission. But they make exceptions for some people. Benefits are horrible! Thank god I don’t need it from them. Their benefit dept is all out of sorts and they don’t respond in a timely manner
It was one of the better call centers that I have worked at. It could have more pay and more growth from within the hours were great hours the screening of the calls were a bit strict
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MAXIMUS?
Typical Government contract work. Lots of promises by contract company and not a lot of follow thru from management or HR.
I don't recommend this type of work for family oriented individuals. Too much risk..
Good place to work. The job was interesting and the people were friendly and help ful. Hours were flexible but the contracted ended. The drive was long and taxing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long drive
Excellent place of business to work . I would recommend it because it is a great place to work if you want to relocate to a different part of the world or country.
Pros
Get pay
Cons
limited travel
Typical day at work.
Learned a new software..

Management was horrible.

Culture was good.

I had to stay late for many times but it was never appreciated by the management.

I didn't enjoy at all.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Working late without any work comp or adjustment
Maximus has several different state and federal contracts. The one I worked with was federal. Traveling to promote the program and train onboarding customers was rather flexible. Metrics were established and achievable.
Pros
Nice balance on travel and project independence
Cons
No remote options
Pros

- Ability to work with the latest processes, tech stack and tools.

- Each team member brings a wealth of knowledge and the overall learning is immense each day
I enjoyed working there for the 13 plus years I was there until the end when new management came in and they made you feel like you were useless and when you had a complaint they did not take you serious or tried to flip the script and make it seem as though it was you that was the problem.
My tenure at MAXIMUS has been truly fulfilling. It has been a company that has allowed me to grow professionally,technically and individually. My former manager went to great lengths to ensure that her team received all opportunity to develop and become eligible for promotion. It was a great pleasure working for a company that provided such great service to its customers.
Pros
Place to be able to grow and flourih
Cons
Poor work/life balance
MAXIMUS is an overall good workplace. You will have the opportunity to learn various aspects of business and government.
It is very difficult to advance to other opportunities even though you may qualify for a position.
The best part about MAXIMUS are the flexible hours and the ability to work from home. The salaries are competitive, but the health benefits are nothing to write home about.
Maximus leadership works hard to keep structure and processes in place. It is a great first or second job for folks trying to get a foot in the door in their chosen line of work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAXIMUS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MAXIMUS.