MaxSent Employee Reviews

Limited
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 6, 2018
The company's role in the workplace was very limited, it was their only retail contract at the time and they didn't treat it very seriously. The compensation was extremely poor, and the contracting company cut everyone loose after years of service leaving only management at the property. I was set to be promoted to a supervisor position before the layoff and had received an award from the CEO and founder for my exceptional service to a customer. I later learned the company desperately needed a new head of security and I was never contacted for the position, instead they wanted a very lazy part time hire to take over the position and ended up losing the contract because the contracted company wouldn't have him. I chucked the award they gave me in the trash with the letter from the CEO.
Pros
Head management on-site
Cons
Everything else
Not good
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 4, 2018
Said they had a job for me put me through all the training and then nothing
They jumped the gun and hired me and only to find out the person I was going to replace never left
Total waste of my time and very disrespectful
fast paced action packed security company
Lead security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MANovember 3, 2018
This was a fun role for me due to the human activity and violations we dealt with as a security team. As a lead security supervisor I was able to experience every possible disturbance call on site. Fun job just lack of advancement.
Pros
Big crowds, lots of security calls and fun group of guys
Cons
short breaks and long hours.
Stay far away
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAOctober 25, 2018
My time at while being employed for Maxsent was a nightmare. Losing people left and right, cant keep a manager for more than a month. Good luck trying to get your uniforms or any office supplies you need because they’ll put you on the back burner and make you buy your own supplies and not reimburse you. Working doubles because the guy they should’ve fired months ago didn’t show up, but because lack of workers they still employed them because “it’s better to have a body on property at least” horrible horrible management, horrible HR that discusses your personal issues with everyone, and horrible pay. They expect good work for $13 an hour, no benefits and give you one week a year for vacation only after you’ve been there for a year. Good luck working 80+ hours a week and hearing you only have 2 sick days and no vacation time. Very anti military, very anti friendly and they hire the scummiest people. Company says they’re loaded but complain about overtime. I would Tell everyone to stay far far away, unless you need a lousy paycheck. Dishonest, untrustworthy and very sneaky company. I’m very lucky that i left when i did.
Cons
Poor poor poor management and hr
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
Was in management, but left very early. Upper managers were pitiful and scared because lower management were better suited. Horrible benefits for management as well. Almost half of what union employees received. Pay was always off. This company has nothing going for it. Poor quality from uniforms all the way to the top.
Pros
It’s a job. Decent pay if you don’t need to work OT
Cons
Management could care less about employees.
Only if you are desperate
PSO (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2018
Started with company recently. Easily the worst security job I have ever had. I have a lot of experience and still am constantly told how I do not know anything.
Direct supervisors are not the most competent. When assigned a new post, they cannot even inform anyone to expect you, making you late on the first day!
Benefits are bad, the health insurance is an expensive bad policy from the affordable Healthcare act (Obama care) and it takes too long to get you ID card to start receiving care. ( still don't have my card well after to 90 minimum requirement)
This is a govt contract, so the facilities are targets for protestors if you want that headache.
They enforce (write ups possible) the most petty and absurd parts of the contract, and have inspectors going from post to post writing up things as stupid as having the wrong size of water bottle.
Many people quit causing large amounts of mandatory overtime till replacements are found.

Pay is good for security, but no raises and little promotional opportunities. Equipment including weapon and armor is provided.
Pros
High wage. Equipment provided
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 29, 2018
Poor management, they don’t care about their employees but the business I wouldn’t recommend any of families and friends to work for this company, this job is stressful and also their on your behalf like a baby they don’t care about their employees
Pros
Cons
They need to start treating their employees fairly
Solid Employment
Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) –  FairbanksJune 4, 2018
Like any workplace people make or break a work place. Maxsent is a solid company which places it ability to provide its contractual agreement first. With this in mind you are held to a higher standard and scrutiny in order to promote company image.
Pros
Overtime Bonus
Cons
Share Time Status
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 4, 2018
Great Team Workplace. Very supportive. Positive atmosphere. I wish I could have stayed for a longer amount of time. Max Sent Team was amazing in Yuba City, however Mall management which is an independent entity was not. Both work in conjunction which can be stressful.

Mall management just put up security cameras around the entire premise keeping it secret. No signs posted. Found that to be a poor judgement call. Creates mistrust.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Mall Management
Decent wage, poor work conditions
PSO (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 24, 2018
Maxsent taking over the Oregon federal contract seemed promising at first as the last company’s who had it were horrible but somehow maxsent seems to be worst. The equipment issued is already falling apart. Uniforms are provided but not guaranteed to fit and the boots issued do not break in well and will cause your feet to blister. You HAVE to wear everything they provide or you will be disciplined.

Maxsent president has yet to meet with the union reps and negotiate peacefully about the contract. Poor management and supervisors, high turnover rate, and mandatory overtime that will work you until exhaustion. You don’t get a lunch and sometimes not even breaks. They will write you up/discipline you for almost everything or anything it seems.

Besides being paid well enough and all the work hours you could work until exhaustion I wouldn’t recommend working here or stay working this job for too long as it will drain you quick.
Pros
Wage, lots of hours available, uniforms and equipment provided*
Cons
Poor work conditions, poor management, overworked, poor equipment, and
Not Your Typical Security Job - This job was fun and engaging
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 26, 2018
I worked for Maxsent as a security officer at Legacy Place in Dedham. I really enjoyed my job there. Legacy place is a large outdoor mall. My job was to patrol the property on foot and/or drive the security vehicle. I've had other security jobs where I was stuck at a desk for 8-12 hours a day where it got so boring and mundane. With this job, I was able to be outdoors in the mall walking, talking and engaging with the customers which is what I enjoy doing. My manager had us focus on customer service. My supervisors and managers let you patrol the mall without breathing all over you like some of my past security jobs.They let you do your job. My scheduling needs and requests were always fulfilled by my manager even with my busy schedule with school and my kids. My manager was very caring and good about this. There are many guards on staff so covering shifts was not an issue or requesting time off as long as you gave enough notice to your manager. All the guards got along well and worked together which I liked. Everyone there was nice and professional. The mall managers treated us with respect and were nice to us also which made it a pleasant work environment. Also they had a nice large office and break room for the guards. Again, if you like to be outdoors and want to work for a good company, this is the place to work as this is not your typical security job. Its better! .
Pros
Walking Outdoors, Talking with Customers, Paid Uniforms, Good Management and Supervisors, Flexibility in Scheduling.
Cons
Winter gets Cold working outdoors, but you have to just put on layers and its no problem.
If you need the Money
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 25, 2018
Co-workers can be catty and childish at times, it is best to keep to yourself
The job is not difficult but can become repetitive and boring
Management doesn't care for their employees, only the needs of the company
There is a lot of pressure to work overtime due to high turn over of employees
Pros
extra hours available for overtime, uniforms provided
Cons
boring, boots that cause blisters, limited authority, poor management
A professional contract security company that cares for the employee.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2017
I have worked in contract security for over 10 years. I worked for Securitas and AlliedUniversal in the past. MaxSent has surpassed both company's in regards to employee support, recognition and opportunities. Perhaps this is due to their modest size in comparison to the aforementioned companies, however my experiences have been very positive. I have worked for MaxSent for almost 4 years. The management is responsive and engaged. This company has supported my continued growth in the security arena. MaxSent is a growing company and those that deliver consistently in their performance, know that great opportunities await.
Pros
Modest company that recognizes solid performance.
Cons
Healthcare options could be stronger.
What you would expect from security
LEAD OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 9, 2017
It's what you would expect from a security company. You patrolled a property, it was constant movement, interacting with the general public, helping store and mall employees with issues/concerns.
Pros
christmas parties were always great
Cons
constant movement
Jumped out the skillet directly into the fire
Pso (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2016
This is the worst company I've ever worked for.the pay is ok but that's because the federal government makes them pay us officers a certain pay rate.they have been understaffed since they took over the contract and force employees to work overtime or you will face disaplinary action.this company has no clue how to treat a human being or a federal contract.they will lose this contract this year just like they lost the entire city of memphis contract.way to go Maxsent.managers and owner are morons.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Way to many to list
Good pay for a lousy company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TNMarch 10, 2016
If you are looking for a company that is always late reimbursing your pay, who holds your 401k payments and will work you without a consistent schedule... then look no further.

This company will not tell you up front that you have to work from part-time to full-time employment. They don't tell you that it takes 3-6 months to clear you so you can start your training to begin work. They also don't tell you that you will enter training at minimum wage and begin your full pay when you start your post.

This company forces it's employees to participate in either a 401k or insurance that is sky high, even when other similar security companies pay their officers their health and warfare benefits. This company is going broke and can barely afford to pay it's officers and this is mainly due to poor management.

So if you want to work for a company where you don't know from day to day if you will have a job or if your paycheck will be there on pay day... Then come aboard and enjoy the wonderful ride on the Maxsent Titanic!
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
A little bit of everything rolled into a giant ball... rolling down hill... into your house, car, your family and finally you...
Enjoyed working for this company
Project Manager of Security (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 17, 2014
Well structured, helpful staff, informative, keep you up to date on all areas......great people to work for!! Strive to be the best of the best!
Pros
great people
Great place to learn leadership skills.
security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MaJuly 23, 2013
My typical day at work consisted of myself coming into work and relieving the other supervisor on duty and took over the next shift. I learned how to manage a big property and made it so that if I was to run any other property else where I'd cruise right through it. The management could of been better, the communication between the security staff and the management was low due to the lack of resources they provided my team to be able to effectively work. The hardest part of this job was not being able to help everyone with everything that came our way. A lot of vehicles needed jump starts and we were unable to provide service even though we had jumper cables in our security vehicle, liability issue. The most enjoyable part of this job was that we had a very diverse group of security officer, supervisors. We all got along and most of us served in the service or are currently police officers in neighboring towns.