MAXX PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

Confused management
None (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
Heard manager saying she got her toes sucked for $50. Suspicious young men in an out of office. Long lunch by manager daily with different men. No relationship between manager and residents whatsoever.
Pros
Toes getting sucked
Cons
confused management
Not recommended
Assistant Property Manager (past) (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 11, 2018
I would not recommend this company. I had a good boss but upper management is not supportive and always looking for you to do something wrong. Not enough support.
Unbelievably Good Company
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2018
Maxx Properties has some of the best benefits in the industry. Upper management genuinly cares abu0ot everybody. The benefits are incredibly good, the pay equaly so. While onsite staff is very limited in authority, RM's and above are always accessible and truly want every employee to succeed. I'd go back to them in a heart beat.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Company Culture
Cons
None come to mind
Great place
Leasing Consultant (Floater) (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 11, 2018
Good place to work up I was a floater and had to leave due to maternity leave I would have stay with them but I decided that I wanted to stay at home with my daughter until she became one years old and now I'm ready to go back to work
Learned alot
Leasing Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
Maxx Properties is an honest company to work for. Overall I enjoyed who I worked for and with. I was taught how to be multi faceted. By this,I mean all employees took part in cross training. I found this to be critical in day to day functions. It made for a more fluid work environment because we all understood what each employee's role entailed.
The smell is terrible
Prepper (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMarch 19, 2018
If you can get over the smell and the dust the job is not that bad and also the heat is terrible but the days do go fast even though you are working long hours
Pros
Get off a week at Christmas
Cons
Hot Dusty and stinky job
Corporate office out of touch with reality
Maintenance Supervisor-Fox Valley Apts (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 6, 2018
They were ok for the most part, but I don't think anyone in the corporate office had a clue what we really faced on a daily basis. Early 2017 they decided to sell of their Nebraska properties and basically threw us all to the wolves. No leadership, low morale, was the worst 4 months of my life.
not what I had exspected
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2017
The manager was nice but I could tell she was very very micromanagement and wouldn't work with my style. I honestly felt like I was just another tech with a supervisor title and pay. The property would be best with 3 techs since she pretty much runs the maintenance department anyway.I only lasted 2 days and realized after the first day that I would not be happy at that property. Good luck and wish things had been different as I really wanted to work for the company.
Pros
None I could see in a short time
Cons
micromanaged, old property no rehab, heavy work load
Very Stressful
Vice President & Controller (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYOctober 10, 2017
Work environment is very stressful and disorganized. Leadership is severely lacking. Absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Working hours are excessive.
Pros
Westchester
Cons
Very Stressful
Staff was great to work with
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 28, 2017
Vice President very cut throat. They don't believe in speaking with the employee if you do something wrong wrong, their goal is to write you up for everything so they can get you out of there. Heavy turn over in staff.
Pros
Working with other co-workers
Cons
Very cut throat, no one looks out for the staff.
Horrible Management, Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  UnknownAugust 3, 2017
They do not value their employees at all. They choose favorites, and then treat other employees horribly. Managers make mistakes and blame them on lower level management. They are rude and disrespectful to other staff and allow bullying, and belittling. They are a horrible company to work for. I loved my direct staff, but absolutely hated my management team. I wouldn't suggest this company to anyone.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
everything else.
Great place to work. Learn numerous different work skills
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2017
Maxx Properties was an excellent place to work. I liked the people that I worked with. I learned many new work skills and management responsibilities.
Pros
Vacations
Cons
Heathcare
good work place mithout a proper managment
Maintenance Techitian (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 22, 2017
Maxx Properties is the main and Mission Meadowbrooks is the property where I worked. Good work but do not a proper manager of the property from February 2017 and the new supervisor of Maintenance don't help to much on all work have to do in the property.
Working for Maxx
Maple View Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 3, 2017
Working for Maxx Properties has been an amazing experience. They were very supportive in growing in your career. Had they not been selling our properties, I would have stayed with them forever!
Worked there before changes
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
I loved working at Maxx, they changed a lot in the last few years so don't know much about them anymore. The team I had was great and loved that I could move leasing to manager by training them.
productive
HVAC (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2017
A typical day is productive
Learn so much
Management is great
Workplace culture is different
The hardest part of my job is taking vacation
The most enjoyable part was getting a pay check
Property Manager, Cedar Run Apartments (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2017
Good company to work for. There is room for growth if you work hard. Nothing negative to say. Making several changes, seems to be headed in right direction.
N/a
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDMarch 23, 2017
Maxx Properties is a great company to work for. I have gained a lot of information within this company. I enjoyed learning the system, and working with the residents.
Unstable and chaotic
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 17, 2016
If you need support, this is not the company for you. This region is critically understaffed and has been for years. Salary levels are low compared to the rest of the market. The expectation for you too work long hours, work from home, work weekends with no compensation is the reality. The large employee turnover numbers are indicative of the issue but corporate will not acknowledge the problem.
Job
National Director of Capital Improvements (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2016
OK company family owned. Sr. Management issues
Benefits not great.
Little team work at mid level management.
Job has too much travel