MaxxSouth Broadband Employee Reviews

Horrible, would not advise anyone to work here
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJune 20, 2019
Awful management. Team leaders would tell you one price/deal on cable then when you get a sale and customer learned they were lied it, it was your fault even tho you did as team leader said. They don't care about their employees, only sales and you barely saw your commission. You pay for your own gas to travel in for sales. No reinbrusments. Work 6 days a week.
productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 15, 2019
MaxxSouth would be great for someone coming out of high school. It's a good starter job. You can learn a lot from this job, but it's also a stressful job.
fun place
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSMarch 31, 2019
It was a great place to work for, the only reason I quit was because I was moving to a part of the state of that doesn't offer Maxxsourth. Overall it was a good work environment.
Can be a bit stressful but totally underpaid for what was expected of us as a CSR.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSMarch 6, 2019
They are a small to medium sized cable company. They really don't offer discounts to those on a fixed income or otherwise. Sales is their number one focus.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Low pay
Stressfulls
Direct Sales Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSDecember 29, 2018
They say they care about their employees, but they could care less about anything as long as they have sales even the customers started complaining. It was a complete joke.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
dealing with management is a joke
Did not like it
DSR (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSSeptember 14, 2018
You had to pay for you gas did not get a Company car had to travel more than two times a day more than 100 miles poor management poor supervisors you did get good Cable Internet It was free to the to you but I could not get it was not in the airier it covered
Productive and Prepared
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MS 38829September 10, 2018
Working at MaxxSouth Broadband, taught me about customer service. I learned that working with people can be hard, because of the different personalities that everyone have. If there was a problem,our team captain would have us sit down and talk about in private, so the other workers wouldn't be distracted from their work. The hardest part about my job was getting the people to listen and give me a chance to explain what MaxxSouth Broadband services are, and how it can be beneficial to each person in the home and a better network.
Pros
Free food, nice people, flexible
Cons
walking around in anykind of weather, rain, heat, snow, and etc.
Laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 15, 2018
People are friendly, maybe a little to laid back for my liking. Not really intuitive when it comes to accounts being over lapped at address. I should not have to right this review if I choose not too..
A great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJuly 27, 2018
I truly love working at Maxxsouth. The pay is good and the people. Working here gives me a open door to talk to customer's and to help them , get there needs fulfilled. It has alot of growth opportunity's within the company.
Pros
Steady Hours
Cons
Too cold in there
very fast pace and competetive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 14, 2018
Great starter job for customer service experience. There are many different aspects that you will learn to become a great representative. If you are young this is a great job for you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
different work schedules
This job is a rip off and dont pay you for your travel fees so most likely you are going to be broke working for them...pay check is every 2 weeks😡
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSMay 12, 2018
This job was stressful because we had to walk in the rain...the hours are messed up because they can't stick to one schedule...the money was messed up because we had to use our own money to travel to the job they wanted us to go..most likely you would be broke working for this company it's such a rip off😤😡
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything like lack of pay and messed up hours
Great place to work but needs a better supervisor
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSMay 7, 2018
Great place to work but when your supervisor trys his best not to let you move up in the company because he knows your his best technician and your not a suck up, and to help you out to help your family out with a better job, you leave after being passed up 2 different times in 6 months for 2 different jobs.
MaxxSouth is a great company!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSApril 23, 2018
I love working for MaxxSouth. The benefits are great! The things I love the most you are not restrain to one place for 8 hours, you meet new people every day, you get to excise while working, and some of your co-works becomes your close friend.
Awful place to work, not employee friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MSMarch 19, 2018
They expect you to put your job before your kids, they expect you to come in early but not pay you for it and they will not pay you for overtime hours
Pros
Free internet, cable and phone
Cons
expected to work overtime but not get paid for it, expected to put your job before your kids, expected to use your lunch break to work for them and still not get paid for it.
Official response from MaxxSouth Broadband
March 26, 2018

MaxxSouth Broadband does adhere to all local, state, and federal guidelines when it comes to employee's wages. We have a Human Resource department that is completely dedicated to our staff, their benefits and wages.

Overtime is occasionally available to work, if an employee so chooses. However, as required by law, we do pay 1 and 1/2 times an employee's regular hourly salary for any hours worked in additional to the regular 40 hrs per week. If there was some situation were an employee was not paid accordingly, that employee would need to make his/her supervisor, or our HR Department, immediately aware so the issue could be corrected.

All employees receive a 1 hour lunch break, which is not paid, so the employee may do as they wish during this time period.

We have many families that work here, and do provide 2 weeks of vacation time, sick time hours and personal hours that may be used during times of need. These hours are paid hours at the employee's normal hourly wage.

All new employees are monitored, and as with most companies, are under a probationary period in the beginning of employment. During this time, attendance plays a key role in the company's evaluation of the employee, as well as professionalism, product knowledge, performance, and quality assurance stats.

MaxxSouth Broadband takes pride in offering all employee's competitive pay, free dental and vision insurance, courtesy employee services, Health Insurance starting at $46.00 per month (Single), Health Savings Account, Company Paid Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability  more... options, and many other employee benefits.

Any questions on these benfits, or any of our policies, can be directed to maxxcustomerservice@maxxsouth.com.

Not a good company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 22, 2018
This is not a good place to work for. You are a means to an end and they really only care about themselves and sales. You will be wrote up for the most ridiculous things, even when you have a doctor's excuse. If you are sick, they don't care, they expect you to work. They also expect you to be in early to get your computer going Vault opened everything counted but they don't want to pay you for it. When you make a bank run it takes at least 20 to 30 minutes with drive time and time in the bank but they will only pay you for 15 minutes.
Pros
You get free cable (all channels), internet and phone service
Cons
Low pay, stressful, no allowances for kids, not getting getting pd for all your time you put in.
Official response from MaxxSouth Broadband
April 12, 2018

At MaxxSouth Broadband, we take pride in all our employees. As stated in most of these reviews, attendance does play a key role in the employee's performance. We do expect our employees to come to work. That being said, we also understand there are times where being late or absent is unavoidable. That is why we do offer all full time employees, at the least, one week of sick time hours to use. In addition, we are very lenient on allowing employees to perform schedule swaps, if possible.

For dependents, we do offer Health Savings Accounts specifically for families and dependents in which the company currently allots $800 of free money directly into that employee's Health Savings Account. We also pay for Dental and Vision insurance in these instances, so those benefits are at no cost to the employee.

At our Front Counter locations, where bank visits are sometimes required, we do have Loomis, come pick up monetary items and deliver those items to the bank. The only reason an employee would need to visit a bank would be to ensure we have change to give back to customers during their cash transactions. Most of the banks we use are within 5 minutes of our offices, and we do allot the employee adequate time to complete that type of transaction, which in most cases is 15 minutes. In addition to that, we do pay the employee up to 15 minutes of overtime each day for the time it takes them to balance at the end of the day. For the average employee, balancing takes around 10 minutes as the computer does most of the calculations.

It is true that an employee must be logged in to all  more... systems and have their station/office ready to conduct business when that office opens.

Again, most employees have 3 weeks or more of PTO time they can use in instances of illnesses. The only time disciplinary action may be taken is if all of that time has been used and the employee continually continues to be absent. We do need our employees present so we can assist our customers.

We do care about all of our employees and provide a great deal of benefits to them to make their work experience a great one. We are a family and we all work together to make sure that our number one priority is our customers.

We would encourage anyone with any questions to please feel free to reach out to us. We would be more than happy to go over any of our policies/procedures in detail. We can be reached at maxxcustomerservice@maxxsouth.com.

I would strongly reconsider working here
DSR (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 11, 2018
I would reconsider working here because they will fire you for no reason at all and also all the management do is cuss no one is professional. When it comes to advancement you have to be friends with them please do not waste your time they talk to you any kind of way and cuss at you.
Pros
Cons
will be wrongfully fired for any little thing
Great
Direct Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 13, 2018
It is a great company to work for! Everyday I learn something about the cable industry, sales and what customer's are looking for when it comes to cable. internet and phone.
decent workplace
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MS 39350January 3, 2018
The job was laid back. So much so that the individuals in charge were all friends and no one was held equally to the same standard. Management allowed staff members to perform as they wish while others had to perform as stated by Maxxsouth handbook or face write up.
Pros
Worked so many hours you develop friendships.
Cons
Staff members received multiple warnings, never a write up while other members received write up without a warning.
Stressful Work place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSNovember 8, 2017
Get cussed out if u don’t sale sale sale . They don’t care about customers or employees. When a customer calls in complaining about their service maxxsouth makes u try to sell more!
Pros
Sit down Job, ac and heat
Cons
Can’t sell a mess
Very structured and growing company to work for...
Customer Service Department (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MS Call CenterOctober 9, 2017
I have worked a MaxxSouth Broadband since before they took over back in 2014. We have been numerous companies over the last 20 years. I can honestly say that I have never been with a company so committed to making sure the company grows, and if employees are willing to put in the work, them along with it.

I work in the Call Center and can say that I have been treated more than fair by the company, and so are other employees. I had to write a brief comment and say that if you are dependable and hard working, you will flourish here, as have I. The other comments I have seen are mostly from entry-level positions where you do have work hard and show that you can do the job. I will be honest and say when you first start the job is stressful. It's a lot to learn in a short period of time. However, MaxxSouth's Leadership Team does give you all the necessary tools and encouragement to make it through the initial phase. Most people that I have seen not make it through this phase were not dedicated enough to put in the proper work needed to succeed. They were more of the attitude, I already work hard just by coming to work, so I deserve the benefits and luxuries of those who have been here numerous years and earned their place.

That being said, I'm not saying the job is easy for those who have been here by any means. Everyone is held to the same standards. I'm simply saying that in the beginning the job does require some sacrifice and those who are willing to put the work in and stick with it have grew with the company.

As with any company there are days where things are harder
  more... than others and you may have to push a little harder, but I have worked for long enough to know that this is with every job.

I guess I just wanted to say that if you are looking for a job where you are rewarded for your efforts, your actual efforts (not just showing up), you will find that here. I have been more than fairly compensated for my work and I can assure you from personal experience that if you work hard, you will succeed and find a nice career here at MaxxSouth Broadband.

I invite you to call in or email in if you are thinking about applying and have any questions. Our Recruiting Employees and Supervisors/Managers will be more than happy to speak with you about any concerns or questions you may have due to something you have heard or read.

I love my job and hope that I continue to be lucky enough to work for a place that is as considerate and understanding as this company has for the numerous years I have been employed here.

Thank you and have a great day!
Pros
Breakfast and Lunches provided on occasion, Paid Time Off, Laid-Back Atmosphere, Understanding, Competitive, Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxxSouth Broadband. Our community is ready to answer.