MaxxSouth Broadband

MaxxSouth Broadband Employee Reviews

I work in tech support and literally all they care about is call time and sales. Rules and schedule changing constantly like they expect you to read emails on your days off. People are calling because their stuff isn't working. They aren't likely to add services when they are upset.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No breaks, sales, constantly changing rules and schedules
I was a long time employee, and also a "top seller" the job is hard without motivation but the direct supervisors are great, the company has went down hill after a upper management change. Very stressful.
Pros
Coworkers, direct management
Cons
Stress for sales
Working for this company is stressful. Great coworkers however you have to sale in order to even get some sort of payoff with the management. Overtime constantly and getting cussed at everyday for stuff out of your control not worth it.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Sales, Stress, pay
MaxxSouth is a great company to work for. Hours are good The management team is very approachable and informative. Working with customers is great and you can gain a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Benefits and company transparency.
Cons
Sales
great place to work, love the people and the environment.. I travel to work everyday.. I answer phone call everyday dealing with taking payments, sales.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Went into this company with the promise of an opportunity to make a lot of money on sales. Company actually direct the majority of sales calls to a handful of CSRs. Literally they will get 25 sales calls to everyone that the others get. Meanwhile you're stuck taking payments and trouble shooting. Not supposed to upgrade or sell to anybody carrying a balance to the next month (about 80% of the customers) but then get lectured for not transitioning sales or
Avoid them all together. Or have something lined up for after the first 6 weeks because your making no money after that. Managers don’t know what they are doing, there is no one to actually answer your questions. When the management says they are going to “help” you sell it really means they will stand next to you at the door and then cut you off mid sentence and drive the customer away. Also they didn’t pay me for my last day worked. This company is a joke to work for
Great good and good work place. But you have to be very productive to sale at MaxxSouth. Well that's if you want to be successful at the job and make good money.
The company is okay to work for. The focus is generating revenue for the company. Constant policy changes and changes for people connected with sales and have sales goals.
You must be able to sale, selling is a top priority with this company, you will received corrective actions if you don't meet you goals when it comes to selling
Pros
incentive bonuses
Cons
selling
Awful management. Team leaders would tell you one price/deal on cable then when you get a sale and customer learned they were lied it, it was your fault even tho you did as team leader said. They don't care about their employees, only sales and you barely saw your commission. You pay for your own gas to travel in for sales. No reinbrusments. Work 6 days a week.
Cons
A typical work day consist of talking to customers whether it was trouble call, ordering services such as internet, phone, or cable, verifying orders, preparing my team to meet their goals, and whatever else is needed of me that day. Being a supervisor, I handled different tasks daily and resolved any issues that arose that day. The hardest part about the job is having to deal with issues that were out of my control, but finding the best way possible to solve the issue and take care of the customers. I enjoyed working with my team.
MaxxSouth would be great for someone coming out of high school. It's a good starter job. You can learn a lot from this job, but it's also a stressful job.
It was a great place to work for, the only reason I quit was because I was moving to a part of the state of that doesn't offer Maxxsourth. Overall it was a good work environment.
They are a small to medium sized cable company. They really don't offer discounts to those on a fixed income or otherwise. Sales is their number one focus.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Low pay
They say they care about their employees, but they could care less about anything as long as they have sales even the customers started complaining. It was a complete joke.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
dealing with management is a joke
You had to pay for you gas did not get a Company car had to travel more than two times a day more than 100 miles poor management poor supervisors you did get good Cable Internet It was free to the to you but I could not get it was not in the airier it covered
Working at MaxxSouth Broadband, taught me about customer service. I learned that working with people can be hard, because of the different personalities that everyone have. If there was a problem,our team captain would have us sit down and talk about in private, so the other workers wouldn't be distracted from their work. The hardest part about my job was getting the people to listen and give me a chance to explain what MaxxSouth Broadband services are, and how it can be beneficial to each person in the home and a better network.
Pros
Free food, nice people, flexible
Cons
walking around in anykind of weather, rain, heat, snow, and etc.
People are friendly, maybe a little to laid back for my liking. Not really intuitive when it comes to accounts being over lapped at address. I should not have to right this review if I choose not too..
Cons
I truly love working at Maxxsouth. The pay is good and the people. Working here gives me a open door to talk to customer's and to help them , get there needs fulfilled. It has alot of growth opportunity's within the company.
Pros
Steady Hours
Cons
Too cold in there
Great starter job for customer service experience. There are many different aspects that you will learn to become a great representative. If you are young this is a great job for you.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
different work schedules