MAY INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

Great experience
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAJuly 21, 2018
You need to love what you do. Very high turnover rate within company. A lot is required of employees no matter the position applied for. A lot of fun and gain a lot of experience
Do not stand behind employees that complain of neglect
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 13, 2018
Do not stand behind employees that complain about neglect and abuse complained about other employees doing nothing and got fired for it. Loved my job but hated the management
Program Coordinator
Day Program and Home Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 24, 2018
May Institute is a great company to work, a lot support from the managers, the clinical team are awesome to support the individuals we have support with trainings. The only thing May Institute take long period time to hire new staff and the managers feels overwhelmed covering all calls due the poor hiring process.
Pros
pay rate, vacation time
Cons
calls out, long period time to hire new staffs
There's a reason the turnover is so high
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MAJune 11, 2018
Management is completely oblivious to the real day to day work done in programs - and demands way too much of people who are already pushing themselves to breaking points just to keep the consumers they love safe and as happy as possible.

If you want to work a ton of overtime and make bank, go for it, but if you want to have a life and not get called and texted at all hours of the day and night hounding you for overtime? Keep looking.
Strong agency
Behavioral Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAJune 6, 2018
The May Institute is a good place to work for as a BCBA. They offer decent benefits and the colleagues and supervisors you have are generally supportive. Communication can be a challenge at times. Overall, it is a good experience.
Pros
Individuals served, Colleagues
Cons
Communication, Administrative tasks
Made me want to leave the field.
Behavior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2018
After working nearly 3 years for May Institute I wanted to leave the field. For the amount of hours and stress the pay was not worth it. Management felt more like they only cared about themselves.
Great experience but ready for an opportunity to grow my career.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAMay 2, 2018
I have learned a tremendous number of valuable professional skills at May Institute. Although, there currently is not room for growth and I am ready to move on to a new challenge.
Pros
Insurance/Benefits
Cons
Communication
Really good work environment with staff teamwork, hours were not ideal
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAMarch 18, 2018
The job is stressful in that you work closely with individuals that struggle with communication and learning. Patience is a necessity. Morning run was the most difficult setting in the workplace, the company often leaves you to your devices and only make changes when convenient for them. School setting was fantastic, with a lot of helpful staff. Family-like atmosphere.
Used to be good..
Underappreciated Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 12, 2018
Management changed for out side reasons and place fell apart. The overall corporate office doesn't care about their direct care staff, they are more interested in the bottom line.
A decent company
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2018
long days
you learn thing on a daily basis
Management will work with you
Always was short staffed
The hardest part was working very long hrs every wkend
Pros
A decent company
Cons
always short staffed
HR doesn’t sugar-coat what you’re getting into-intensive behavior program. Not for the weak. Great benefits with lots of overtime!
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I’ve made mental health my career and I enjoy working with my coworkers. Management listens to your concerns but you have to follow up also. You have to be a team player because the individuals have certain needs so everyone must communicate to have a smooth workflow. If you like to work (like me), then you’ll get ample overtime. It’s an intensive behavior program which CAN be stressful, but it also depends on how you handle stress.
Pros
Pto, lots of overtime due to short staffing, great benefits
Cons
Pay is less than desired
Stressful environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAJanuary 22, 2018
Very stressful working environment, lots of micromanaging, work environment could at times be very depressing, lots of travel around the state, very high work load due to understaffing
A challenging place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2018
The population cared by this company were in poor health and mentally challenged making it difficult to absorbed mentally. Each time you are at work, you put in more than expected in the best interest of client but with poor pay.
Pros
Cons
Short Break
Not happy
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAJanuary 5, 2018
Not a happy employee. Have been on the fence of leaving since I started here, but now I really would like to find a job ANYWHERE else. Stressful, heavy workload, unsafe work conditions, poor management, no maternity leave.
Pros
Great kids to work with
Cons
Stressful, poor management, favoritism, cliques, heavy workload, bad pay in the beginning
Got to have patience
Program Specialist/ Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the progression of the kids. The only thing is the pay to me , we do alot for the kids and some days are really tough, the pay could be more due to all we do from case work and by putting kids in holds often. Some staff definitely deserve a little more.
Teacher assistant
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MADecember 21, 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you want to take the risk, good luck! The students are great, the idea of knowing that you are bringing positive change in someone’s life makes you want to wake up every day to go to work. Unfortunately, the way that management treats their employees makes you sick.
very laid back place to work at
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Revere, MADecember 14, 2017
really nice place to work at kind of sad and regretful I quit due to no progress I was having but money is good tons of overtime and friendly staff and bosses actually listen to you would love to go back
Pros
made tons of money working working overtime
Good Job
Residential Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 7, 2017
This was a great job because I dealt with great individuals of special needs and grown a great appreciation for them. Although I wanted to future my career this was a great place to work
Interesting, stressful, fast pace
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mashpee, MADecember 4, 2017
Every day is an adventure working with this population, you never know if it will be an easy day or long and stressful walking in. Individuals severity varies.
nice place to work
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 19, 2017
good job to have. nice environment with good support all around. work days are centered around the clients, with various outings and events. I recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAY INSTITUTE. Our community is ready to answer.