Maycom Communications Employee Reviews

This Place Is Terrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 22, 2019
To start off with I would not recommend working at this company. they act all happy but at the end of the day, the managers are legit two faced bullies. My normal day consisted of dealing with regular abuse from management and shady business practices one time my manager actually tried to make me do PUSH-UPS all because a customer got away from us and we didn't make a sale, never have i faced such verbal abuse and embarrassment another time and perfect example of when this job was not fair was when they practically made us sell an old lady an iPhone . first of all, that old lady could barely walk and was waiting for the bus, second, she clearly didn't have the money to pay for the phone but did my manager even care? no all he cared about was UPSALE this UPSALE that MAKE THAT SALE it was disgusting what this man was tryna make us do to this poor old lady luckily she walked out when she did . there's honestly so many bad stories about this company I could go into but ill end it with this. every day we went into work we were expected to keep up with this annoying group chat and constant selfies and other random garbage it was truly annoying and a waste of time all the managers in this company are like frat boys and two-faced too they're all a-holes who ACT like they're your friends but really aren't, okay this review has gone long enough if you've made it this far i suggest you DO NOT EVER work for this horrible company EVER!!!! slaves got treated better than us
Pros
paycheck
Stay away
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 17, 2019
The preach work hard have fun get paid. As if. They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Most of the stores don’t have manager people are quitting left and right. They always tell you you have to hit your mark every month otherwise you get written up. You want to grow man good luck with that. They say they help you but they don’t they would rather hire manager from outside instead of someone who actually wants to grow in the company. If someone does not show up for work guess what you have to cover there shift because everyone is short staffed. You are still responsible if a customer cancels with in the 6 months range you get chargebacks everyday so how are you suppose to hit 10k to even get commission. All in all I would not recommend to anyone. Only way to grow in this company is if you kiss a** to whoever is in charge I’ve seen that much these 3yrs being here. Currently looking elsewhere. You pay for uniforms too
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Fill in for whoever does not show up
Was exactly how their service is
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 14, 2019
I could go on and on about how bad this place is. From the lack of teamwork (always a competition on who gets what customer), to the incredibly poor management who act just like their age dictated (early 20's). This place really is a joke. The shameful and pathetic tactics that we were forced to implement to buyers or we were told to go home were disgraceful . I evidently left because I was given a write up for missing my minimum goal for the month, due to leaving for military training for 2 weeks. Something that isn't supposed to be held against you and is infact against the law. They don't care about their employees or their service members. The money can be great but at the cost of being disrespected and feeling in a constant battle for commission with coworkers it is hardly worth it. Have some self respect for yourself and stay far away from this one.
Pros
1 hr lunch, commission IF you hit your goal for the month
Cons
Immature young management, zero teamwork, disgraceful tactics towards customers.
Don’t waste your time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington South CarolinaOctober 24, 2018
I worked at the Lexington store, manager there is racist. Dm there is an imbecile. Service is terrible, impossible to hit goals, do not waste your time working at this job they treat their employees like sh**.
Great place
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 8, 2018
Awesome to place work fun people. Learned how to be a sales consultant there. Will always remember my experiences. Strong management, hardest part of the job was coming into work and staying at work. Work with the other employees and meeting great quality people.
Only if you’re desperate.
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2018
While the hype may seem fun at first, you’ll quickly realize it doesn’t have much substance. Location managers are expected to work 50 hrs a week + about all your spare time responding to group texts. Compensations get capped so if you’re okay at sales or it’s your first gig, give it a try but treat it as a temp job. Same for reps. If you’re looking for a good college job, you may like it here but make sure you keep your guard up and get out as quickly as you can. Definitely a more more more type sales strategy rather than development by qualified management. Most management is faking it till they can make it. Cell phone industry can be exciting but realistically online is the trend so don’t bank on this industry as a career unless you have no former training or degree. Especially not with a company like Maycom.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Compensation, stress, bad marketing, poor management on every level
No work/life blanace
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 25, 2018
Despite being told that family comes first. It seems that only thing they expected from reps all the way up to management is that you are 100% dedicated to what they wanted. If that means spending all your time ONCE you get out of work in GroupMe chats or managers working open to close 6-7 days a week. They seemed to have not cared that we are humans and have families and lives away from the confines the store.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
work/life balance, long hours, low salary
Decent job to have
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Must commit yoyrself to job 100%, even on days off. Work/life balance is not a word in the Maycom vocubulary. Fun environment that required a lot of attention and effort to maintain. If you are not outspoken and cannot rsist being humble... do not apply.
Great structure and resources available to thrive.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLApril 25, 2017
Awesome place to work at, the potential to make great money is definitely there. Sales driven and performance based, no caps on how much you can make.
Pros
Discounted servic, good insurance
great sales job for starters
Manager / Technician / Sales (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLDecember 10, 2016
great job if you are starting out in sales. Pressure is just enough to keep you on your toes. Benefit is the split shifts if you are lucky yo land that schedule.
Wow how are they still in business
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2016
Please never go to work for this company . Long hours , upper management is awful! Only thing the general manager of the company can do is demean people and threaten them.....no time for your family and they have an interesting way of screwing with your commission
Pros
They buy pizza sometimes
Cons
All mentioned
The worst work experience & enviornment ever.
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 31, 2016
My job was constantly being threatened, management was a joke, my coworkers stabbed each other in the back constantly and it was emotionally draining.
Pros
Hourly pay plus commission.
Cons
Hostile environment, no job security.
Awful upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 17, 2016
Very unprofessional attitude towards staff. District managers and above expect you to lie to customers to get the sale. Stay away if you want to further your management career
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Salary, micro management
Changes all the time and very slow business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 7, 2016
Slow to get required training and unrealistic goals with insufficient customer traffic. Lying was a normal daily skill and giving all the information was on a question only basis. If the customer didn't ask, we didn't tell them. Never got the required credentials to start my career off.
Fun and productive place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 12, 2016
The best family atmosphere I have ever worked. From the very top they always have your back. If you work hard for them they will work hard for you.
Stay away.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 26, 2016
I worked at Maycom for a year, from the start I had problems with the company. The upper management and back office team are very uneducated about Sprint and because of that they are constantly making things up as they go and every month they make it harder to get paid.
Pros
None.
Cons
They want you to work more but not pay you for it. Pay isnt consistant.
decent place to work
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 19, 2016
definitely not a bad job at all. I wish I knew what I know now because I would have made a lot more money. There was not an overwhelming pressure to perform
Pros
upper management didnt interfere
Cons
low pay and difficult to move up in the company
I love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  UniversityAugust 3, 2015
Great pay, fun work environment & advancement to move up in the company. Nice, friendly co workers with the potential to make lots of money.
Great work environment
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work for me consists of meeting new people and going over rate plans with them. I always learn and meet someone new every day. My co-workers are great and we all get along very well. There is no portion of my day that is to hard for me to overcome.
Pros
Flexable scheduling
Cons
Compensation
Sales
Sales Representative Sprint (Current Employee) –  charlotte, north carolinaJune 9, 2015
Welcoming customers into a great environment, so that they are comfortable along with making sure they are satisfied!