Mayerson JCC Employee Reviews

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Great place
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2018
I worked there for the summer after I graduated H.S to pay for college. I went to college out of state, and worked periodically every time I came home. When I was ready to come home for the summer, my position was no longer available unless I was going to be full time. People are great. Pay is better. Easy job. Just have patience.
Pros
Tuesdays free lunch from anywhere
easy going workplace with make your own schedule
Fitness Attendant, front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2018
Helping members of the fitness center into the building, answering phone calls, transferring phone calls, calling employees upstairs if they have someone arrive for an appointment
Every day is a power struggle at the Mayerson JCC
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2017
I've never seen people work like this. Everyone seems to be in competition with each other. While there are some decent people doing the brunt of the work, upper management seems to believe they can treat people however they like. While working here I was bullied, harassed and talked down to on a near constant basis.
Pros
Free gym membership
Fun people to work with
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work was spent full-filling laundry room duties and meeting the needs of the Mayerson fitness members. I learned that its hard work, the behind the scenes does more than you think. The management was great and pitched in to help the workers when needed. The co-workers were nice and worked well together. The hardest part of the job was the physical part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace work environment and I was always around people.
I learned alot about food prep in the Kosher culture
Cook/Prep and Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 26, 2015
Overall a great place to work. The benefits were great and working with a holistic staff was definitely a plus. I was given the absolute best ingredients to cook with and talking with the Jewish priests made me feel like I was given free life coaching
Pros
cooking and using the best ingredients to provide to my customers was very rewarding
Cons
Early opening times and late closing sometimes.
Wonderful being part of a community
Community Educator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2014
As a dedicated non profit community professional, I enjoyed working with the Mayerson JCC. I was able to take my relationship and team building skills and provides programs and services for multi cultural engagement.
A great place to work for all faiths and cultures
Child Care Provider and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2013
I worked here as a lifegaurd and after-school child care provider during college. I would love the opportunity to come back and work there in the future. They have a community focus, and provide something for everyone. The facility is new with lots to offer.
Pros
Food and child care on-site, decent pay, great hours, benefits.
Cons
You may need to know someone who already works there, in order for your resume to get attention. Most employees are over-qualified for thier positions.