Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,631 reviews matching the search See all 1,645 reviews
Mayo treats it's employees as numbers not people. Expendable.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Since Mayo took over the hospital in Mankato they have been more about numbers and making employees act like trained monkeys rather than treating them as human beings. They do have good pay and benefits, but staff learn very quick after working there after awhile how they treat staff.
Pros
Union and many places to move around company
Cons
No 15 minute breaks during a 12 hour shift. Poor moral many times. You have to watch your back.
review
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Worked 40 hours plus on call time for this company.
Management was acceptable.
Salary was not competitive with other hospitals.

No review for this company at this time.
Working at Mayo Clinic is a dream!
Transcription Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2019
Mayo Clinic is a company that actually lives up to its reputation and follows it's motto, "The needs of the patient come first." Working for Mayo has been an amazing experience, and I would love to continue working there for the remainder of my career. I would highly recommend Mayo Clinic to anyone qualified to work there.
Pros
Great competitive pay and benefits.
Limited hours and opportunities
Education Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 15, 2019
My experience at Mayo Clinic was that I wasn't provided many work hours or many opportunities to do challenging work. It can also be a challenge to get a job interview.
The company culture is amazing and the commitment to the care of each patient is the primary goal of every employee and associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this organization and I truly believe I make a difference each day. While the patients and their families are dealing with health concerns and getting their care, I know that it’s my job to help them feel a welcomed and attentive focus on their “own time” while they are visiting our facilities.
Pros
An enjoyable experience each day and the benefits are very good.
Cons
Compensation
Current Position Review
Nursing Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I am a salaried employee that works 40hrs per week in an office setting. I have a local manager and regional leadership. The work culture is team based and separated by common groupings. It can be challenging working with all women as they tend to bicker and gossip rather than approach everything in a professional mindset. We were recently overtaken by a larger organization and we have lost some local independence and group decision making with the merger. We are connected with a very well known top ten business to work for.
Pros
Salaried and setting work hours to some degree
Cons
Work in old building with bad pipes and heating
Research, Education and Patient Care focused
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2019
Variable depending on the position/role and leadership. Pros: being a part of the great care provided to the patient population. Resources are abundant. Cons: Work/Life Balance not supported.
Mayo Clinic was a wonderful place to work and they compensate very fairly
Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Mayo Clinic as my employer was one of the best experiences of my career life. I gained a wealth of knowledge that will help me as I pursue another career path, and I am truly grateful to have been given the opportunity to be a part of such an incredible place.
Excellent employer I was a department head from 1074 to 1992 a exempt salaried professional had to give up my professional career to return home.
Dept. Head Computer aPPLICATIONS (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 7, 2019
Excellent employer thoroughly enjoyed my professional work
Meeting people from all walks of life assisted in information and
document retrieval staff bibliographies tours of the main medical
library and the history of medicine collection Developed and designed various computer programs regionally and with the Natl
Library of Medicine to enhance and develop document retrieval
Worked with patients and special visiting doctors and dignitaries
Always had the ability to put people at ease and accommmodate their needs I had to give up my professional career to care for my
late Mom who died due to medical malpractice in Indiana and stay
on and care for my late Dad who lost his job at USX Steel he was
not union her was supervision...these men lost benefits pensions
insurance
information needs
Pros
Safe great stimulating work environment Indeed a team approach
Good Place to work
Medical Receptionist/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Sparta, WIJanuary 4, 2019
Great benefits! Large organization with a small town feel. The pay is not up to industry standard but I believe they are working on this as a whole for the organization.
Very professional environment
(SQA) Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 4, 2019
Management at Mayo Clinic is very supportive. I was encouraged to be creative in creating new and innovative solutions to security issues. The layout of the office allowed for and encouraged collaboration with other members of the team as well as members of other teams.
Not
EP RN /Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2019
RN’s’ opinion does not count. Comments like “you are only a nurse” or you are only an NP are often heard. A place where .doctor’s still yell at nurses during cases. Nurses comfort other nurses by saying “don’t worry this doctor use to make nurse x cry all the time”. Lots of favoritism and “clicks”.
Pros
Good pension
Great place
Senior Research Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 3, 2019
Overall this is a great place to work and I am a dedicated employee. I have never had an issue when it comes to my employment here. I think if you have the necessary education and skills for the job, it is a place of long-term employment.
Autonomy in research clinical trials, mentorships, teamwork
Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2018
Mayo Clinic was my tnird job since graduation from high school. There are alot of job learning opportiniites to develop skill-sets. I was very deficated to all my research investigators, physicians, and departmental pod teams for almost 32 years.
Pros
Research and grand rounds, seminars, investigational meetings, lunch/learns
Cons
Management and employee turnovers, no balance of research study loads
Very busy
Spd tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2018
There was more work thab anybody could handle which made them upset all the time and snippy.we were always running and could never catch upnot enoughemployees for case loads
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everybody miserable
I have been a RN for years and every day was & is a pleasure
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 28, 2018
I am lucky to have had excellent Nurse Managers. My colleagues have been 1st rate. I've been proud to be a Mayo RN. I love working with my patients, to see them become well enough to be dismissed.
Toxic enviroment dur to bad supervisor
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 27, 2018
I like the job. Like the Company. My department supervisor allows a toxic hostile enviroment to exist. I have not been allowed to transfer to other departments because we are always understaffed due to a 90% plus employee turnover rate in the last four years. HR protects our manager.
Pros
Work for Mayo, like what i do
Cons
Everything else
great place
Professor of Medicine (Former Employee) –  PhoenixDecember 27, 2018
True patient centered medicine. Civil culture. high values.
difficult to be accepted into culture and thus advancement
Some rivalries between sites, but collegial
A very rewarding place to work.
Credentialing Specialist-GBS (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 27, 2018
Mayo Clinic Health Solutions paid very well and they provided exceptional medical benefits. They had very flexible work schedules and my supervisor and manager were outstanding.
Great Place to Work
HR Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2018
This is a very professional place to work. They operate by their Mission, Vision and Values and strive for excellence in every decision and action they take. I wish I would have never left.
Pros
Atmosphere is amazing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss