Mayo Clinic
Information from Mayo Clinic:

Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

United States2,151 reviews
Found 2,151 reviews matching the search
It is a good hospital to work for. The best care in the country. I do like working there. The benefits are good and the culture and moral is top notch.
Mayo Clinic has a very high turn over rate and it’s because they truly believe that “everyone is replaceable.” This leads to good employees leaving because nothing will ever change for the bettering of their employees. The benefits are not great and continue to get worse. Management never listens and there is no room for growth as they claim and wages are fixed, the only pay increase you will see is MAYBE a cost of living which is not guaranteed
Supervisor and team lead for Neurology Dept at the Scottsdale clinic are a disaster. If you enjoy working in a back stabbing atmosphere then this is the place for you. Narcissism is RIPE here. Think twice about taking this leap!
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Bottom line-it is a business.
Love working around people and helping patients. Like my hours I worked. Loved meeting new people from around the world. Did not like that it is hard to get out of this department and department wouldn't help out.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
1 hour lunches were to long.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Mayo Clinic is a wonderful employer. They want you to advance in your career and have excellent job benefits. I would recommend them to anyone looking to advance their career.
It is overall a great place to work and I was very sad to leave due to reduction in workload. I hope and pray to be back there again one day. The work ethic there is what one always looks for in a good job.
Always busy at work. Never a lull in the day. Worked with wonderful people. Strict culture but you need to expect that when working in the medical field especially with a reputation that Mayo has.
Pros
Nice people & excellent pay.
Cons
Schedule changing often.
Your happiness in your department will depend on your direct management. All policies enterprise-wide are up to the discretion of your manager, and some managers are more strict than others.
It was in the process of company merge. There were a lot of bumps along the way. It was a great first job as a paramedic. Management could use a revamp.
If you like cooking this is the place while you have your own station and cook spot you get ready for one day amd prep for the fallowing OT is avalible prep work alwAys has to be done.
Pros
Healthy foods
Cons
Short breaks, in a hoslital setting(covid19)
Come into the company as high as you can because working your way up is non-existent. You will resent your job because you will quickly notice how sub par and lazy those above you are.
Pros
Flexible work life balance
Cons
management
Whether you want to do inpatient, outpatient, hospice care, many options are available if you have a hard time finding your place. Many options for education and research.
Love working here. Great culture, great people supportive management. It’s a nonprofit institution so the pay isn’t as competitive as it’s for profit competitors and if you live outside of a Mayo Clinic location the health insurance can be problematic and costly.
Pros
Culture, work life balance
Cons
Health insurance coverage outside of a Mayo served area
Loved my experience at Mayo! I learned so much and was able to work with my skills in giving patients best care. I worked with awesome team on Medical Oncology floor.
I had a great experience working for this company. I wish it were easier to switch your FTE around though to fit the work/life balance. Management could be better as well.
The work environment is secure. But they keep taking away benefits. I’ve also been there 12 years and have no parking. Annual cost of living raises occur but you don’t get recognition or pay for going above and beyond. At the same time you’re encouraged to be agile and think outside the box but can get chided for working or thinking outside the scope of your job. The politics are icky. It’s a good place to have on your resume. But your “rank” or “position” is very polarized and benefits are very unequally distributed.
If you are looking for a mission driven, patient centric work environment then look no further. Mayo Clinic is a super special place and I enjoyed most part of working here. IT can be a bit slow at times that's how NFP world works.
It was common knowledge that employees who worked there for a long time bullied new comers and management looked the other way. When I began working, I was hired under one title, then learned that the job was being reclassified and I went from salary to hourly.
Pros
Clinical research
Cons
Will never worked there again
Non-Profit Healthcare organization that clearly cares about their employees health & well being while still keeping the patient at the center of everything.
This was a great company to work for. Most of the employees held themselves to high standards. Most of the employees conduct themselves on a professional manner
The clinic i worked at wasn't very organized. They didn't have a very smooth system. Always had to float to other areas. You never knew where anything was like the forms or orders. It was team nursing which some people worked harder than others. Great company name but different story working there.
Pros
Great coworker and provders, scanning immunizations
Cons
Unorganized, team nursing, behind on epic