Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,501 reviews matching the search See all 1,514 reviews
Great place to build a career
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to build a career, and expand your knowledge. There is a lot of advancement opportunities within Mayo Clinic. It is beneficial to have a college degree working within Mayo Clinic, however, not required, you're seeing it more and more.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers
Cons
Parking
Nice place to look at
Medical Practice Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Good collaboration of team who assist each other to maintain patient flow. Management left a lot to be desired. Advised would provide assistance if it was needed, but when you asked for it they would either give an excuse or not respond to your request. Some employees were allowed to treat others in a demeaning manner. Communication left alot to be desired
Pros
Teamwork amongst peers
The Best Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
I loved my time at Mayo Clinic. This company cares about their employees - and works with them diligently to ensure they are able to provide the absolute best care to their patients. With state of the art seminars, simulations, and educational in-services - nurses are continually learning and staying up to date on best practice.

This hospital follows it's mission by providing the best possible care to each and every patient. They are stringent to hire employees who will continue to add to their already positive work environment.

Expect support from managers, kind and helpful co-workers, and a LOT of extra education/resources to allow you to become your best.
Pros
Positive work environment, competitive pay rate, pension, employee support
Cons
Old style nursing (Nurse does 100% of patient care), very minimal use of CNAs. Stress to preform to a very high standard.
Fun Work Environment that invited innovation and creativity
FREELANCE COPYWRITER (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WISeptember 16, 2018
Mayo Clinic's Public Relations Department truly allowed me to take the reigns of communication projects, and make them my own. I never felt like any idea I presented would be met with any level of close-mindedness. Fun place to create, learn, and produce great media content.
Pros
Great Leadership, Varying Projects inviting growth.
Cons
None I can think of.
Lack of Management/Department Support
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
If you're friends or have lunch with managers you were in the loop. If not depending if they liked you advancement was open or limited or not an option.
Pros
People
treat employees well
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Good benefits, nice work environment, good staff retention. I worked here for 20 years. Great work environment and great reputation. Nice, modern facility.
Very large challenging place to work
Software Tester II (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 13, 2018
This is a big place and it's very hard to 'get into' a stable position here, but during my time as a contractor I noted that all the employees were very proud to work at Mayo, despite any qualms they had about day-to-day operations, and they all liked their jobs.
Overwhelmingly, people here were very helpful, very knowledgeable, and incredibly hard working. My understanding is that they are also very well compensated too (I was, I felt).
That said, this is a really large, really old company and with that comes all the layers and layers of administration and organizational complexity, which is often very frustrating. If I didn't feel like any organization over a certain size is inevitably going to suffer from that, I would count it more against them.
Pros
Stable workplace, good pay, employees enjoy their jobs
Cons
Can be tough as a contractor to advance
Mayo used to be an excellent employer, but has gone drastically down hill. If you're local apply at OMC instead.
Office Assistant/Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 12, 2018
The company has become less and less about the needs of the patient in the ten years I was there. Also their care of their employees has become non-existent. I didn't receive an employee review the last 5 years I was there. The company subcontracted 700 plus employees, some of whom had been there for 20+ years. They told them how it would be wonderful and they would keep their pay rate. Did not mention tripling cost of insurance, halving PTO, loss of any and all extra benefits associated with working at Mayo, etc.
Perfect work environment
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Mayo Clinic provides opportunities and great benefits if you like to live in a smaller town. Long time tradition carries its values. Great place to work for health care sector
Slow paced stable environment
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chippewa ValleySeptember 11, 2018
I really like the environment Mayo but I would like to be busier. Most days I am bored silly. 80% of my day is downtime. The only reason I stay is for the pay and my great manager.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Nothing to do on downtime.
Mayo
Radiology Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. This is an amazing organization that cares for their employees and their patients. I would recommend them for career and personal paths.
Fast pace and reporting on residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 11, 2018
A lot of online training, very fast pace which makes the days go by fast, sometimes it is hard to work with residents and the behaviors, care plans are essential yet hard to come by sometimes.
Pros
Fast pace and fun coworkers
Cons
can be stressful, sometimes short staff, or staff that doesn't know residents.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WISeptember 11, 2018
I really enjoyed meeting new people. For the most part, before all the changes, I enjoyed the work environment. After Franciscan Skemp became part of Mayo, it felt like you were more a number than a person.14
Enjoyable.
Summer Intern/IT Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Pretty enjoyable for an internship. I'm only about halfway through and I have already gained a lot of experience in my field that I hope to apply elsewhere and obtain a full time job.
Pros
Quiet working space.
Cons
Traffic around work.
Great place to work , great benefits
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, you can transfer to any position within . There are many opportunities for schooling that they will pay for or help pay for.
Not a good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2018
It’s ok Bunin looking for better opportunities and goals it’s a lot of thing I believe that the management should be more concerned about the employees that do the job
Good pay, average benefits, and poor management
Appointment Specialist/Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Mayo clinic can be a great place to work if you're in the right department under the right management. I enjoyed helping the patients along with developing relationships with other departments to get the job done. Unfortunately management made it hard for the employees of my department to do our jobs. There was a lot of unnecessary micro-managing and a lot of gossiping. The department I worked in was about numbers regarding scheduling return appointments instead of being there to truly serve the patient. There were times when I was reprimanded for going above and beyond, and I don't know any other way to work. I also expected better benefits from Mayo Clinic, and I was informed by older employees that the benefits used to be better. Mayo Clinic is a good place, but it just wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Pay and a beautiful campus
Cons
Upper management and not much teamwork
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Them most enjoyable time is how I and my coworkers always work together in order to finish everything. The management always have all equipments that we need to get the job done on time
Productive and team building workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 5, 2018
It offers everything you need in a professional and successful career. The people are very professional and teamwork is a must, which it provides. The welcoming environment and profession of everyone make it a great place to come to work.
Great co-workers, bad management
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 4, 2018
Co-workers were awesome. Management not on your side. Overworked and burnt out employees due to very busy department that is under staffed constantly. High turnover due to this. Transportation department needed badly.
Pros
Great Co-workers and good benefits
Cons
Short staffed and super busy, No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight