Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

United States2,647 reviews

Found 2,647 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,672 reviews
clinicpatientrochesterhospitalnursedepartmentmedicalphysician

My overall experience with the Mayo Clinic has been great. As far as my role I created test cases and test scripts. I work from Monday to Friday. I had a good relationship with my team.

Excellent place to work

They are a very well structured company, only gripe is that pay is set, nonnegotiable for entry level jobs. Management within the scheduling workplace changes often, but great place to work. It was hard because the doctors booked out months in advance making it really frustrating for patients to get appointments, I worked in neurosurgery, which was a volume and had to deal with many upset patients.

Mayo Clinic insights

Based on 1,419 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Professional work place

Amazing place to work. Training provided throughout my career there. I learned a lot about having a great work ethic and that the needs of patient come first.

Glorified Call Center

Don’t work here if you want to be micromanaged. The pay isn’t good and there’s no room to move up if you don’t have a college degree. The provided health insurance is barely unheard of and your mental capacity will be drained.

Quality patient care

Great pay, great benefits. Good references, good place to have on your resume, prestigious, nice nurses and patients, new equipment, flexible schedule

Institutional Pharmacy Tech II

It has been great to work at Mayo, the work culture and the leadership are excellent. Be prepared to work hard every day. The workload at Mayo continues to increase on a daily basis.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Working every other weekend

great

great please to work. decent pay and great benefits. campus is also beautiful with lots of options for lunch (great food trucks). co workers and doctors are great too

Minimal advancement, great job

Love my job, work with great people. Minimal opportunities for advancement. Fun group to work with. A part of ever changing policies with transplantation

Amazing work culture

There's a reason Mayo is considered the best. As a PCA the responsibilities are the same as anywhere but the pay rate is the highest I've seen in the valley. The people there are amazing and teamwork is very much the core of what makes Mayo, well Mayo.

Toxic culture, too many chiefs not enough Leaders

The Bad:Pay increases rarely keep up with cost of living increases and when raises are given they are too little and too late.Mayo is in a state of terminal decline. Many of the staff are demoralized and it gets worse every quarter. Turf wars are commonplace and the sense of camaraderie and teamwork is eroding away. While the intranet may exude positivity the general consensus of the staff is a sense of helplessness and lack of common direction. Insurance companies that Mayo utilizes will fight you tooth and nail over every single health expense. It's exhausting.If you are the kind of person to report toxic behavior or to blow the whistle on poor work practices be prepared to be managed out.The Good:If you know where to look their are free(!) career development opportunities open to Mayo employees that will help you find a job with a better organization.Mayo has finally caught on to digital pathology and using AI to help consultants work-load. If you have strong computer skills now is a great time to get involved in the department.If you are obsequious or can fake it, Mayo is a great place to work.The current attitudes are "come late, leave early", "do as little as you have to", and "don't try to change anything". This is great for work-life balance!The dismissal process is so tough and time-consuming that like government work once you are employed at Mayo you can stay there until you retire if you so choose.

Great Company

Great company with great values and leadership. Great job for taking the next step in your career. decent pay but good job security and you can make friends

Terrible pay for the work you do

They’re strict about clocking in a minute early or late. Unpaid lunch breaks (they clock you out automatically for 30 min). PCA resource team is terrible to do and you’re stuck in it for a year. I wanted to go to one specific unit and I wasn’t allowed to. They don’t train good unless you get one of the few good PCAs.

What is the best part of working at the company?Co workersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The hours, the amount of overtime hours. Your raises are set, not based on a performance evaluation. Lack of trainingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is good, culture is pretty good tooWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Mandatory overtime to start the work day, pick orders well above the quota requirements, and then get forced to stay more overtime at the end of the shift. Typically 1 hour to 3 hours

It was ok

Nurses and other staff members showed favoritism. And they don’t care about their employees or any situations they may be going through. The pay was ok.

Great benefits, job security

Overall a great company to work for. Nice people and able to work remotely and pick work hours within reason. We receive a nice amount of PTO and the medical benefits are great.

Pros

work from home, great benefits

Cons

not much flex time anymore

Not what it used to be

It's not the big cool mayo it used to be. They're more concerned with their image and money now than anything else. The pay is lower than many similar postions elsewhere

Good place to work, the food and coffee all over the facility was one of the best parts. Management for my department was poor and very divided from what happened at the floor level

Mayo has lost their way

Mayo has lost their way and is nothing like their mission “the needs of the patient come first.” They have become about money and not about their patient. Management is clueless how to do their job. They can’t lead a job in a department they have no work experience in at all.

Benefits

Cons

Management, Patient care, toxic culture

Overall good

Overall good place to work. Get raises often and benefits are decent. Management can improve a little bit,but over all good! If you work remote, insurance is a pain outside of the state so be aware

Immense satisfaction of being very productive of your career.

Working at Mayo Clinic was a very positive professional Nursing Experience. I worked in a Cardiac surgical ICU and had a very thorough orientation of intensive patient care. I worked in the unit for five years, and then transferred to the ED and worked in that area for the next twenty five years. I had the opportunity of several assignments along with Emergency Nursing. It has been an extremely fulfilling career.

Pro/major con

Co workers are amazing. Very rewarding taking care of patient and patient family members. Staff is underpaid and overworked. RNs working with heavy/unsafe work assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mayo Clinic.
Powered byComparably