Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,580 reviews matching the search See all 1,592 reviews
Not enough openings to advance my career path.
Patient Services Representative in Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 16, 2018
With all the changes happening they are no longer taking into consideration the well being of their employees. I would like to further my career in the direction I am passionate about.
Did not feel valued as an lpn
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNNovember 15, 2018
Did not feel valued as an employee or as an Lpn. Mayo took over the hospital where I worked and job satisfaction went from a 10 to a 2. Benefits for satellite hospitals are not the same as nurses get at main campus of Mayo Clinic, pay is less as well, not willing to negotiate when contracts are up, just states what they are willing to give.
Management is horrific
Sterile Compounding Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2018
I relocated to Jacksonville to work for supposedly "the #1" hospital in the country. But little did they say how heavily political and hostile management would be, as well as choosing their favorites. The majority of the staff are always visibly upset and very unhappy with their positions at Mayo. The pharmacy dept was by far one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. 4 months for me felt like torture and was just happy to have been able to leave when I did. Whenever you see a company that's always hiring for positions, that's a sign to think twice about applying. Good company with regards to benefits and name, but that's about it.
Pros
Good food in cafeteria
Cons
Management and hostile work environment
Staff nurse
LPN staff nurse - Family Practice/Special Services (Former Employee) –  Faribault/Kenyon, MNNovember 15, 2018
Assist Dr,s, immunizations, scheduling for additional appointments. Learned: Lab blood draws, EKG's, Spiromety. Management could be fickle. Coworkers helpful and effusion, got along well. At times would get back logged with phone calls, and patients - but that is expected at times in clinics - as things happen that can be unexpected.
Pros
Usually able to have lunch
Cons
Time management with Drs. schedules and emergencies.
Diversity
Clinical Pharmacist; Ambulatory Care (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 13, 2018
There were no enough diversity at Mayo. Other than that it is a great place to work at. My manager gave me hard time when I want to pray on site which takes only 3 minutes. And on our holliest day of the year, I requested it off and he refused without clear and logical reason.
Summary
Project Manager - Facilities Project Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 12, 2018
I feel honored to work for Mayo Clinic. Every employee truly embodies the long-standing mission. Leadership cares deeply about providing opportunities to staff to propel them to fulfill their highest potential.
Productive honesty
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2018
Wanting to move up I am a leader but you have to have the degree you get paid vacations raises are once a year and when you max out you get little raise I can multi task
Pros
Will pay for school
Cons
Can’t move up unless you have the degree
Very professional, always provided extensial training. Created a new approach to employee objectives and company satisfaction.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Mankato mnNovember 11, 2018
The environmental services team was thorough, fast, polite. with attention to.detail. Very professional. Would definetly work for them again. Had great benefits and optimal for long term success.
Internship
Summer III Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 10, 2018
This was an internship experience. They did an awesome job treating the the nursing students like princes and princesses. I highly recommend this opportunity.
Fantastic experience
Radiology Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 8, 2018
Best place I've ever worked. Organization cares about it's employees and had it not been for a move out of state, I would still be there today. Was my favorite experience so far in my career.
Proficient place to work
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 7, 2018
A typical day includes typing up doctors reports and knowing medical terminology from several dialects of doctors. Typing fast is an absolute must for this job.
Good
ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Barron, WINovember 7, 2018
Learned a lot. Managers were helpful and made my learning a priority. Would like to get back into working for this company. It was a great experience nad was very happy.
Mayo Clinic
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 6, 2018
Performed CNA duties, filing and collecting data, received files, typing and handled all documents in files and orders from doctors, clean and maintained work area, answered phones
Loved the Hospital!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WINovember 5, 2018
The employees really knew how to take care of their patients. They worked well with each other and always put the patient first. Great work environment.
Excellent workplace.
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 5, 2018
Contract employee for 2 years. Work environment was great. Mayo was a great experience. A competitive and very supporting environment. I would recommend Mayo in the future.
Really collaborative and friendly
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 4, 2018
I'm really impressed with Mayo Clinic's culture and work environment! The co-workers are friendly and helpful. You don't need to be nervous and stressful.
Overall a pretty good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 3, 2018
Coworkers make the job. Management is involved in a lot of activities daily and weekly. Workplace culture is improving and making it a better place to work.
Pros
pot lucks, walking breaks, volunteer oppurtunites
Cons
short breaks
Things have changed
Desk Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2018
I have been at Mayo clinic for 5 years. I have seen a 180 degree change in the mayo clinic culture or moral for the worse over the past year. Mayo clinic is literally in a scheduling crisis and the downfall of that is crisis mode mentality from management. There is a lack of respect for their employees and a work/life balance. This used to be the best place to work and because of mistakes made and insufficient hiring needs not met, the current employees are paying for it. It is very disappointing. I expected more from such a revered company. The patient does come first however if your employees are not happy, you will find them empathizing with unhappy patients.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Scheduling crisis mode, bad management decisions for the little guy
Good experience
Credit Balance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 2, 2018
Good hours available for shifts
Flexible hours
Can be difficult getting time off
Very difficult to advance, end up wasting time applying to jobs that are already set aside for another person
Job Security
Patient Financial Planner II (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 1, 2018
I worked as a financial planner and had two 12 hour and two 8 hour shifts each week, this allowed me to get my 40 hours in within four days. The work/life balance was great.
Pros
Great work/life balance, good working environment
Cons
Bad management, had four different managers in my two years there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss