Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,432 reviews matching the search See all 1,443 reviews
The best healthcare facility
Medical Documentation (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 12, 2018
I was honored to work as a medical document specialist for Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. Their goal was to keep employees happy, with contests, discounts, and production goals.
Pros
Excellent equipment provided!
Cons
Ran out of work
Productive and great environment to work in
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2018
Productive and great environment to work in. I have a great department and supervisor. Would not mind getting closer to where I live. I love everything else about it.
postive
Donor Services Mobile Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2018
I have been lucky enough to be employed for over 20 years. They are taking more and more away from the workers. Seems more important to grow than take care of the long term employees.
Looks Good on a Resume
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 9, 2018
This was a temporary position for me one summer during college. I only got the job because my mom works at Mayo. I didn't especially enjoy it, but when I was interviewed for my current position, they were impressed that I had Mayo Clinic on my resume. It was okay for one summer, but I wouldn't want to schedule appointments for the rest of my life.
Pros
There was a potluck lunch probably 3 times a week!
Cons
Boring work, and patients could get really angry sometimes.
long days but goes fast
Home Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 7, 2018
as a home medical equipment tech, your days don't always end when they are supposed to because there is a lot of variability in how long you could be at one patient's house. It is very rewarding and you have to rely on yourself so if you are responsible and detail orientated nothing will get messed up.
Pros
rewarding and automatic yearly raise
Cons
long days with unknown end time
Best Company!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
This was an excellent place to work and the knowledge I gained has been invaluable. They provide strong leadership that values all individuals and puts patients first. World Class Healthcare!
GREAT company to work for
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time employed at Mayo Clinic and I feel it was an excellent company to work for! Potential for career advancement and growth and many perks for working there
non supportive for entry level management
Lead Representative / MCA Call Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Multiple requests for assistance for training were ignored. Ultimately I was fired. Job was moved to Rochester Minnesota. Focus on numbers instead if patients
Great healthcare, challenging business environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 3, 2018
Mayo Clinic is led by its mission when it comes to patient care, which is paramount! However, on the business side of things, it's a difficult environment to navigate, to be nimble and to be innovative.
Company with great history
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Mayo is widely known as an excellent establishment for patients with special needs and working here has not given me any reason to doubt that fact. The Security division could be managed more efficiently, but overall the job is as advertised.
mayo clinic
Environmental Services- Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNJuly 2, 2018
love working for mayo. good benefits you get paid time off if you work a .5 or higher same with benefits. everyone is supposed to be a team member if you work for mayo.
An excellent mission, dedicated staff, unfortunately the almighty dollar is eroding the faith
LST/ Inpatient & Outpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2018
Oddly, you are not awarded for excellent work. You are a cog in a machine. You have to motivate yourself to go above and beyond. But the patients are amazing and you'll find many co-workers are worth their weight in gold.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent mission
Cons
Deplorable human resources, secretive and uppity management
Good place to cut your teeth.
Mayo Clinic Laboratories Project Management (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 1, 2018
* Very brand conscious
* Focus is on patients (great!)
* Compensation is at the bottom end of industry
* Inclusive
* Continuously Eroding Health care benefits (ironic....)
Pros
Top gear
Cons
Endless Meetings to gain consensus
I absolutely love my job!!!!
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2018
I absolutely love working for this company. They really believe in work/life balance and have great people working here. They are so helpful and willing to teach you to be better for your job or your next advancement opportunity.
great start
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
i worked as a volunteer. lot of learning and very friendly environment. they really take care of the employers.
being a volunteer i felt like i am the part of the organization.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
nothing
You are just a number
IR RN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 28, 2018
Lots of cliques amongst staff. Managers are never seen because they manage multiple units. Patient to RN ratios have increased. Centralized scheduling out of Rochester.
Pros
high quality care
Cons
you are just a number
Nice but stressful, Management is horrible
Medical Recorders Specalist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 28, 2018
There are too many clicks and gossipers. Management micromanages and feeling like an outcast is common. Have to interview to move up in a position to.
Pros
Benefits starts day one
Cons
Overwork, underpay and too much micromanagement, managers are horrible
Mayo
Epic Login Tester (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 27, 2018
Mayo is good at balancing life and work. Advancement is not easy though, nor is job security. They tend to focus a little too much on a diverse culture rather than hiring the right person for a position.
great placeto work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2018
Great place to work as long as you don't have to have surgery and need to go back to work, then they put you in a program where you have 90days to find a job or you are let go.
Great work and life balance
Medical Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 26, 2018
I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home. Our positions as transcriptionists were being eliminated due to a new computer program that allows the physicians to do their own transcription.
Pros
Working from home, no commute.
Cons
The Epic program eliminating my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss