Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 30, 2018
Great place to work, excellent management. I wish I worked at the main hospital in Rochester as the town was all Mayo employees. Very friendly area.
Mother Mayo
PCA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my job. I learned the newest medical technology system, Epic.
My boss was looking for some type of person. I guess I wasn't that person. My dreams were shattered without reason.
Overall a positive supportive work environment
STAFF NURSE AMBULATORY SURGERY (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 28, 2018
Workplace culture fosters open communication. Management supportive and encouraged advancement. Co-workers supportive and empowering. Always learning new things!
Pros
State of the Art equipment and training, promoted diversity
Cons
Offer CEU Inservices
Nice workpalce
Valet (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 27, 2018
Good place . only worked here for a short time but it was good and the people were nice while I was working there. Very accomodating to a pregant women
A service that is well needed
Health Information Management Specialist, MCHS (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 26, 2018
stocking medical supplies, dispensing equipment. paper work. Hearing patient had passed. Giving the support and time to the patient in the end stage of their lives.
Enjoyed the home-based portion.
Medical Secretary Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 26, 2018
Enjoyed interacting with the culturally diverse patient and physician population. Some days were more stressful than others with difficult physicians to work for but overall, positive.
Loved Mayo Clinic
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 25, 2018
Excellent place to work - though it has been several years since I was employed there. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff an the physicians immensely
I enjoyed the job. However no room for growth.
Appointment Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2018
I tried applying for other jobs within the organization but they were always only offering lateral transfers. There was never any opportunities for expansion. Yet they offered classes for advancement and enhancing your knowledge.
Pros
I fidnt have to work weekends.
Cons
No expansions
Never a dull moment working at Mayo. Every day is different,
Intensive Care Unit Technician/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 25, 2018
A typical day at work can be extremely busy. I work in the intensive care unit so any time a patient is admitted, it is necessary to get the room prepped before their arrival (making sure all supplies are stocked in the room). The hardest part of my job is when a family is facing the loss of a loved one. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we have an extremely ill patient admitted to the unit and within days they are feeling so much better.
Pros
Definitely job security
Cons
Day/eve/night shifts. I would love straight days but that is not offered at Mayo Clinic for PCAs.
Solo research affiliate who worked through advisor.
Research Affiliate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2018
Being a research affiliate at Mayo has been very productive. It requires you to be independent but it still requires you to communicate expertly due to the fact you will need to keep your advisor updated on the work you have done.
food service
Support Associate to Chief (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2018
some days are good but it can be better example lacks commincution between managers; one manage would say one thing and the another manage say total different thing about problem or items need to be sold in the cafe'
Pros
if you like food business great experience in that field
Cons
no cummincution
Recommended
Health Partner (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 23, 2018
very good continuing education package/very reasonable management/ team work/ driven job and working culture/ lively and encouraging working environment
good
Service Specialist/ Customer Relation Management (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 23, 2018
was fun to work here but I needed something different due to my scheduling being changed on me. If this wouldnt have happened I would have stayed with Mayo
Dietary assistant
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MN 55901April 20, 2018
Did sit down served for independent resident through serving lunch and dinner. I worked as a server, hostess, salad department, as well bussed tables, and dish washer. The stress of the end of the month where a lot of the residents come to use their meal plan if they did not use them earlier in the month.
Pros
Learned work ethic and multitasking and time management
Cons
Split shifts
Work day
Assistant Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 19, 2018
A busy tpical work day answering calls and responding to emails and enrollinng providers into the system.Very nice amd growing company that strives to keep up with all the modern techology.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not enough of promotions opportunities
N/a
Education Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 19, 2018
Professional
Successful
Great networking
Teamwork
Great diversity
Enjoy meeting new people and learning how to be more successful in my position
Diverse work environment
Office Support Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MN 55905April 18, 2018
Mayo Clinic is a diverse, inclusive work environment. I appreciate their commitment to being an equal opportunity employer. They take pride in being sensitive to the needs of all patients and employees.
Mps
Medical Practice Secretary (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Excellent place to work with a lot of potential in advancing. I have learned a lot with hands on and requesting to grow in my area. I love that my position allows me to connect with people within Mayo Clinic and externally.
Great place to be
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 16, 2018
Summary: Great place to work, and grow professionally.
Highly collaborative
Read, learn, Invent.
Interactive
Well connected
Well Managed
Great benefits to permanent employees
Cons
Not Applicable
Stress Lab
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 15, 2018
Full days of patient care that involved face to face contact with patients to assist them in their stress test. There were multiple types of stress test a patient could complete depending on what the provider ordered. With increasing patient numbers, things became difficult to balance and your days would run very long.There is much to learn in that environment if you are willing to be open to the opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.6Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.