Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Found 1,402 reviews matching the search See all 1,413 reviews
Great place to work and live
Senior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 13, 2018
Very nice and comfortable place.
Great benifit package.
Medical resources are very strong.
Wonderful working condition.
Good balance between work and life.
Education Services Systems Anaylst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 13, 2018
Typical work day is coming in, reading emails, doing daily tasks, reporting, verify jobs, meeting to discuss supported applications, reviewing current and future business needs.
Ok company
Financial Advisor/Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAApril 12, 2018
Financial advisor and more work than is possible to complete while at this job. Medical billing, precerts, insurance verification, patient counseling involving medicals bills
Pros
Salary
Cons
More work than can be accomplished in time frame given.
Great company to work for
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 11, 2018
Mayo Clinic is the best health care destination for a reason. They are very attractive with their benefits package and their job culture. The city of Rochester is growing and plenty of things to do which all contribute to the Mayo culture.
Greatly Advanced My Career
Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 11, 2018
The management was great and my PI's allowed me to advance my career in cancer research. Everybody was helpful and friendly. I learned so much there by going to difference seminars and learning from some of the best doctors in the world.
Tuition Reimbursement and a Good Name to put on your resume
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 11, 2018
Get the education and the experience and get gone! Management will suck you dry and then spat at you when you weary of their games. The people that get ahead are not the most worthy, they are ones that couldn't get the job done, so they are moved to another department.
Pros
Each department is run differently
Cons
Some departments are toxic and a dead-end and you don't know it until you are there.
Reveiw
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cannon Falls, MNApril 10, 2018
A typical day for a dietary aide is to arrive on time. upon arrival one must help catch up with whatever is left from previous shift, such as dishes, and food prep. Then the aides would help with grocery order, meals on wheels, as well as assembling meal trays and order slips and when completed running them to the nursing floor for distribution.
Pros
Work hours
Very busy.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 10, 2018
The Mayo Clinic is a very busy place. I did a lot of scheduling when I worked there. Patients came for a few days at a time so when scheduling them, we also were able to see other doctors schedules so that we could coordinate appointments.
High stress work
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 9, 2018
While my position at Mayo was the one I wanted it was a very high stress job that I eventually had to leave. I would have liked to stay longer but the overall stress made that impossible.
Some areas of Mayo are amazing while others are not
Vascular Access Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 9, 2018
The biggest problem with Mayo Clinic is that each department follows their own policies. I feel like policies like the absence policy should be enforced the same throughout every work unit. The occurrence policy is very strict and can be very difficult for a family that has both parents working at Mayo Clinic. Some work units are more understanding when it comes to sick children whereas others aren't even flexible about the emergency weather policy.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Not all policies are the same throughout Mayo.
Professional and nurturing atmosphere
Analyst / Programmer - Global Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 9, 2018
I highly recommend working at Mayo Clinic. Rochester as a town is a little small, it is better for families not single people. Other than that, it is a wonderful experience.
Good company culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 8, 2018
Good company culture but it lacked career advancements. Most people plan to work till retirement, so FA will stay in same position at least 4 years or longer.
Pros
great health care
Cons
slow
Best job ever
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2018
My department was downsized after 20 yrs. Severance was fair, but very disappointing end to my career with Mayo. Everyone was a delight to work with. Excellent benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Job eliminated
Very Fast pace, meetings, phone conferences, ets
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 6, 2018
My typical workday is filled with work deadlines not achievable. I have a weath of knowledge clinical as well as Finance. Management very flexible with typicial life issues. Very accommodating with outside responsibilities and family life. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with increasing work/deadlines. I very much enjoy all the friendships I have forged cover the years.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload
Phones all the time.
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 5, 2018
I took incoming phone calls from patients to schedule, reschedule and cancel their appointments. I was on the phone from the minute I started work until I left work.
Advanced Certified Dispensing Optician
Certified Dispensing Optician (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MNApril 5, 2018
Great place to work and I am looking to get into a management role. I currently do all the office duties of an Optician at my location. I do OCT's '(Ocular CoherenceTomography) and Visual Field testing, Optical Sales, lean management, work with vendors, order supplies and maintain equipment and inventory. Work with Microsoft Office and applications in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I have excellent customer service skills, very organized and a Team player.
Pros
Good hours and benefits
Cons
Job far from home. Looking for a job closer to home.
Excellent opportunity to learn and grow.
Certified Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 5, 2018
Participate in surgical cases that are done in very few places around the world. Expand your knowledge of what you thought was possible. Be at the front of the line with technological and medical advancements.
Productive workplace
Business Engineering/EPIC Tester (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 5, 2018
Productive workplace that require top notch support for patient care. All employees must conduct themselves in a positive light which reflect Mayo Core values.
Excellent employer
Certified Health Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 5, 2018
Excellent career move. Management is very involved in how the company presents and involved in presentation of a well-rounded workforce. I enjoy working with supervisors and coworkers who care about their jobs.
Great supervisor and coworkers. Worked in a department where everyone worked well together.
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 4, 2018
It’s a great place to work. Met a lot of people from different areas. You really get a feel for how the healthcare system works. Always learn something new everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss