Mays Home Health Employee Reviews

no one wants to do their job
NA (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 20, 2019
some of them are very well managed but the one i worked for was just one giant cluster of people wanting to be in charge and not do visits or try to get out of work in general, it was bad. They were just into making money and not taking care of the patients, or complaining when they had to do real work.
Poor quality
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 5, 2019
Poor work environment, lack of management and/or team cohesiveness. Mediocre to low pay, no training, pay for supplies, no oops for advancement, high turnover rate among employee
Pros
Little involvement as a staff
Cons
Little involvement as a staff
Fast paced and constant supervision
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKNovember 27, 2018
Fast paced with constant supervision remotely from supervisors. Policy changes frequently. Patients enjoyable with interesting health issues and chance for new skills.
Pros
PTOs
Helpful co-workers, flexible scheduling
Float RN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
Mays is a good place to work for and really cares about their employees and patients. They offer flexible scheduling, plenty of training and paid days off.
wow
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, OklahomaOctober 8, 2018
Management is totally in denial regarding what they expect from each person and if they feel slighted they pick at you until you have no recourse but to leave. Patient care and treatment of nursing staff is prioritized well below making money. Sad really.
Pros
loved my team and patients
Cons
everything else
Hha receptionist
RECEPTIONIST Hha (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2018
They have a high turnover rate due to the poor management not enough work for the pay they Give raises every 3 years ridiculous and then it’s only 50 cent smh the absolute worst place to work
Cons
management nice but get everything in writing
nurse (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 3, 2018
I was told one thing but they did another. Not all that truthful. Drove 2 hours a day to get to client but not paid for daily drive time. Was told on several occasions that drive time would be included but when it was time to pay me, was left off of paycheck and told that I must have misunderstood.
Pros
nice management
Cons
didn't get paids for drive time or mileage. Feel tricked.
Great Company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Mays! My supervisor was stellar. I was given encouragement, and motivated to be my own person and grow and achieve the goals that were set for me. I felt as though I was a valued member of a team.
Terrible company to work for
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 30, 2018
Went way above my job expectation only to be treated poorly. Promised full time position only to get 4 visits a day if I was lucky, then expected to give up my whole day for them Incase something else came up. Charting system is terrible
Admissions Coordinator
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2018
I like working here but they dont like to pay their employees their bonuses. They like to find reasons why they dont have to pay them out. It is going to make it hard for them to keep good sales reps.
Not interested in in keeping staff long term
Clerical (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 23, 2018
upper management makes decisions without really knowing lower staff positions. takes forever to get training for new jobs. nurse turnover rate is horrible. nurses don't actually do some of the visits but they mark that they do. marketing turnover is horrible because if you don't get 10 new medicare people each month they will fire you. most patients don't need home care but upper management will fire you if you lose too many patients. if you don't exceed job expectations they tell you your job is at risk. it really is a bully system here. upper management prefers to pay attention to the numbers instead of training and raising people up with positivity.
Pros
allowed to work on your own
Cons
being told you are replaceable
Great organization to work for!
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, OKFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mays Home Health and would recommend this company to anyone looking to advance their careers! The opportunity for growth was available to all employees.
I liked my job,
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKNovember 7, 2017
I loved my patients but didn't get enough hours and I was offered a better job. I would recommend that job to anyone.
If they could offer more hours I would probably go back.
I worked at Mays it was fine, but i want a change in carees.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, OKSeptember 19, 2017
I have been a Nurse 20 plus years, I am more than ready to change careers. I have always loved the Beauty industry. I have always been a makeup junkie, and always interested in skin products and living a healthy life style. I think it will be great to put the two careers together. I believe my Nursing career will only benefit me for my new career in the beauty industry. I love helping people, and will love making people beautiful. I am a very hard worker and would love to have this opportunity.
Pros
not sure i am answering these correctly. To continue helping people as i did in Nursing.
Cons
cons of nursing people are too quick to blame Other people now days, beauty would be a more relaxed work place
Long days
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stigler, OKAugust 28, 2017
I liked working for this company bit I put in long working hours and wasn't getting paid for them. I drove all over. They did pay for what you did but the hours was long
Mays Home Health
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 18, 2017
Health benefits were amazing, the employees were even better, the pay was good. Only thing I did not like was there was no raises given often. They would give you vacation and paid days off
Management awful
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJuly 27, 2017
The worst job I've had, turnover is constant and no training you're on your own. Diversity is not common at this job. Very unfair place to work I would steer clear.
Pros
Mileage checks
Cons
You use your own car, wear and tear on your car is not worth it.
Horrible place to work
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wetumka, OKApril 5, 2017
The upper management does not communicate with the branch offices and it causes great hostility in the office among the nurses and marketers. The company does not compensate for personal use of cars and cell phones.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
i worked here the longest
Community Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKNovember 8, 2016
This business was a huge part of my everyday life and I regret leaving this job most of all if I could go back there today and get off this job site I would b ready for business by tmw
Not a good work environment
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 6, 2016
Over work all employees. Horrid charting system on a tablet. Pay does not match workload. Scheduling is a joke. In the short time I was there 5 nurses quit.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, workload.