Mayville Engineering Company Employee Reviews

Machinist
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIDecember 2, 2018
As a Break operator. you work on your own. reading blue prints on how to form your material . how to calibrate it. how to package it. how to label it. Place is friendly operated. everyone helps out each other. management is very understanding on any situation that comes up and willing to help out. they put alot of for their employees.
Pros
You have a career and you can go up the ladder
Cons
might have to work alot
Horrible place to work. Worst i have seen or been at.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vanderbilt, MIOctober 13, 2018
This place is like a third world country. It is ran by ignorant tyrants who expect perfection when they themselves dont even bother to show up half of the time. Unsafe equipment and facilities coupled with drunks,druggies,thiefs and a high turnover rate make it a hostile work enviroment. Management and hr do little if anything for employees and the wages are the lowest in the area.little to no advancement is possible and dont expect to be paid for more responsibility.it is the worst employer i have ever worked for and i have worked in some pretty rough enviroments. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy.no sick leave and they also tell you 4-10s work week but dont count on it plan on being treated poorly,grossly underpaid and work 50 to 60 hours a week mon.-sat. I and my fellow coworkers with half a brain are fed up and seeking more gainful and respectful employment.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Everything else
Great People
Vice President - Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WISeptember 24, 2018
I very much enjoyed my work and time at MEC.

The people were nice, friendly, and willing to help.

Getting and keeping enough workers is the greatest issue.
Not good
Automatic Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIAugust 21, 2018
This company really doesn't care about it's employees it cares about profit. It's a dirty place I mean oil and grease everywhere. The insurance is outrageous and the turn over rate for new employees is so high they have a group of new hires every morning.at one point they cancelled second shift the one I was working and forced me on to third shift with a week notice that was not ok.
Pros
Layed back environment
Cons
Your not looked after by the company
Productive work place
Robotic Welder Repair Welding (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 3, 2018
Hours were consistent, great work environment. Under good management, felt as if the managers and supervisor really cared about there employees. I really enjoyed the job.
it is not that bad of a place to work they need to pay more
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Neillsville, WIJuly 20, 2018
start out by straightening out my area then receiving in and putting everything away that came in after I was gone. I learned how to make the most out of the area that I have to put products away. The hardest part of the job is to juggle all the stuff that i am responsible to do and get it done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable thing is the people that I work with and the challenge of the job.
Pros
the people that i work with
Cons
low pay
Best Coworkers
HR (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WIJuly 19, 2018
I've worked with people in many departments, and they have all been very nice and helpful. MEC has great benefits, including vacation when you start. It's employee owned which means you get a percentage of profits as stock each year that is saved for your retirement. My boss is always open to new ideas.
Pros
great people
Cons
half hour drive for me
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIJune 4, 2018
Always work to be done, offer decent benefits, management will work with you. Vacation on the first day you work which is nice, employees are good to work with too.
Pros
Vacation on the first day
Cons
Healthcare
Plant work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Neillsville, WIMay 19, 2018
Do not care for it too much family working there.No room to advance. Must be willing to train the workers for the departments they are working in. Chain employees are unnteachable
Beaver dam east MEC
Paint line support (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIApril 16, 2018
terrible management, always lying to your face as if they truly believe you’re foolish enough to believe it, often used write ups and scare tactics as a way to motivate employees rather than positive reinforcement. Otherwise pay was alright and job security was good. Overtime was crazy at times, 60 hour weeks for months at a time.
Pros
Pay alright, lots of overtime, good job security.
Cons
Very laborious work, poor management, long hours at times.
poorly ran and told things that are false
Robot Welder (Former Employee) –  Neillsville, WIMarch 25, 2018
Mayville engineering isn't a bad place to work if you don't have kids or have a life. There isn't any room for advancement unless your a favorite around there. The upper management is very poor and you have to work there for many years to make a decent wage.
Pros
stock ownership for retirement
Cons
poor management, long hours, no advancement
Too much manditory overtime
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIMarch 20, 2018
Fork truck drivers did their jobs well. Manager were over worked and spread thin. Supervisors were overbearing and unrealistic. Communication between Supervisors, Managers and Lead people was spotty.
Pros
Good helpful coworkers
Cons
short breaks and lunch
A mess of a company with poor pay and poorer management
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIFebruary 18, 2018
Bad management, no bonuses, poor training, no incentives and no raises
I didn't get my yearly raise until a year and a few months because they just didn't get to it. And they promise a 90 day review but that never happened
Basically had to befriend co workers in order to get trained. Co workers will literally steal from you and the company and never get in trouble. Management never is held accountable for its mistakes. I could go on and on
Pros
Hm
Cons
Short breaks and lying management
Stay Away From Beaver Dam Locations.
Assembler, Welder, Paint, Shipping. (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 21, 2018
This company with promise you 40 hour work weeks/4 10 hour days. After your first week you'll be putting in 5 10 or 5 12 hour days, and even 4 to 8 hours on a Saturday. They are not family friendly, work life balance is none. By the time you get home, eat and shower, you can't hardly stay awake so you go to bed. Most workers are drug addicts, and most department managers are x cons. There's a few decent normal people to get along with which helps you get through the day. Management just pages workers all day and never go out on the floor. If there's a personal issue, production issue, or safety issue. They don't care. Getting the product out the door is #1. If you're a good worker and have standards, you will get decent pay, and get moved up. You're reward will be more hours. You will also start getting bumped to different departments. Management doesn't care if someone quits, on a weekly basis 5 people would walk out due to poor conditions, or the long hours. You'll get replaced, then that person will. The factory is always busy, and never slowed down like some. You get stock in the company so if you can work there until retirement you will get a big pay out, but average most people stay there 2 to 5 years. You won't get production bonuses, or raises, maybe a coffee mug for Christmas. If by some chance you get a raise, you wont see it until 3 months later or until you talk to h.r If you need a job badly to make ends meet, or have no social life work here.
Pros
Always busy, get stock. NOTHING ELSE
Cons
Everything.
Stay away if you want to keep your sanity!
Paint Line (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIJanuary 20, 2018
I worked here for a short period of time and would not recommend this place to anyone. Horrible supervisors and leads throughout the company, no room for advancement unless you kiss butt 24/7 or sleep with your boss, coworkers are always too focused on their personal drama to get their job done. They'd much rather gossip about who's sleeping with who than actually work. Job ethic was just poor overall with this company and nobody seemed to care. I was working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and was never trained hands-on, just spoken to. Ridiculous company to work for. McDonald's is a better place to work.
Pros
Lol nope
Cons
Underpaid, ridiculous hours, horrible management
Stressful days long hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Neillsville, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Days are long and stressful. Run down machines that don't get fixed. Poor management. Working 12 hour days is a norm. No planning-just throw jobs out on the floor whenever which leads to a lot of overtime. No work/life balance.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Poor management, 12 hour days, broke down machines
good
Painter (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 14, 2018
I liked the people and it was managed good. I just didn't feel I could move up as quick as id like to. also I didn't feel like I was compensated enough
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIDecember 8, 2017
MEC is family orientated had a prophet sharing program when I was there. Hours were 45 to 50 hours a week with good benefits. It was a friendly and professional environment.
Not a good work environnment or culture
BRAKE PRESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WINovember 29, 2017
I would not recommend this company to someone as it is currently managed. Not a family or work'/life balance friendly environment. Common Mandatory 50, or more, hours per week. Hours change all the time. Hard to plan or establish an outside work life.
Fast paced ever changing.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Neillsville, WIOctober 13, 2017
Enjoy the people and changes going on. Since this Employee owned Company has grown, it seems focus on the employees has diminished. Environment is quick paced and enjoyable.