Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

team work and colaborative
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMarch 26, 2018
my name is mirabel fri kwende i have been a certifiied nursing assistant for over 6years now and working at maywood was the best experience i ever had being my first nursing assistant job working there was so colaborative team work was the other of the day with patient interest being paramount
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no uniform allowances
Very caring and friendly environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering at the Maywood Rehabilitation Center, because it had a friendly staff and very sweet senior citizens. Also, the seniors received a lot of attention from the staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Dont work here if you value your license
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJOctober 6, 2016
Short staffed new grads get 4 days orientation unsafe working environment tooooo many changes in administration. Current ad.inistration is worst ever. Nonsupportive, demeaning toward staff, morale is at rock bottom. Guess corporate doesnt care either.
Pros
Good care
Cons
Everything else you name it!!!!
Great Employer for New Graduates
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, NJSeptember 7, 2016
Willing to employ and train new nurses. Great place to begin a career as a new grad. You will be exposed to a variety of residents with various medical issues which is a great thing for the new nurse.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Understaffed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJJune 6, 2016
Used to be a fun place to work. No longer the case under new management. Very understaffed, forced to work in an unsafe way with poor ratios. Unsupportive management.
Pros
Patients are great
Cons
Understaffed, poor management. No teamwork
Lack of support, poor orientation, broken equipment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood NJJanuary 2, 2014
You are rarely ever able to take a break and still can't get all your work done in 8 hours. They are very understaffed. Poor patient care. Poor orientation. Lack of support from your supervisors.
Plan of care is professional and directly linked to patient needs. It is important also to include all shifts in plan of care.
x 134 Tonya Walker Nurse staffing (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJMay 10, 2013
My start of the day after change of report and initial assessment of residents begins with my residents who are always on top of events on the unit. They are ready to meet, greet and let you know how their day went whether happy or sad. I promise I will give them a lending ear after I collect information to structure my shift and their care. You are always trying to manage medication pass with meals Insulin coverage, phone call demands for patient care to outside sources and/or family,staff needs for assistance, required documentation, observe residents continually and behavior monitoring.
I have learned that sometimes I need to re-evaluate my time management based on needs of each resident's critical condition and not emotion of residents behavior with safety as always part of the measure while protecting my residents and our license. I learned to be the Nurse in charge at all times and delegate to the staff as required of their job whether it is the CNA, house keeping, engineering etc.accordingly. I have been exposed to learning how to use different feeding pumps, GT pumps, Inhalation/Oxygen set ups and skin care treatment regimen. I have learned to realize my strengths and weaknesses when addressing concerns for plan of care and management. .I've learned when to step back and hand off to the appropriate person in command when it is required on behalf of the facility and issue at hand.
Co-workers and management usually are putting or have placed things to have continuity in care ongoing and communication is vital Our staff being familiar with one another personality's
  more... can sometimes see where to chime in with the help on the unit. It is nice to see when management may have heard staffs concerns and you can see it.
The hardest part of my job is when we are short staffed with CNAS, unfamiliar faces to residents which may cause non-compliance and they need reassurance, meds not on hand, mis- communication among est staff which at times lead to indirectly not meeting the needs of the unit, The hardest part of the job is when my patients health is failing and my energy lessens because I can't seem to make a difference while yet focused on the plan of care for all. When over- time seems to be a part of not being enough hours in the day to feel you have done a satisfactory job regarding the residents.
The most enjoyable part is my residents engaging with the staff and being their usual self which identifies them as that individual!. Residents returning from the hospital in better shape then when they left. A smile, moment of a thank you, a nod from family, co-workers or management for pulling it together for the team. Also allowing a patient to pass on with dignity and as they wanted.
Pros
Small facility with close staff work relationship and parking on the premises
Cons
No job security/Non Union
Very supportive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maywood, NJMarch 1, 2013
I enjoy working there. Management is supportive. Great team work
typical corporate values,provides good care
MDS Director (Former Employee) –  Maywood, NJJuly 15, 2012
needs to create a unified staff,workers are excellent to work with great rehab dept.