Mazda Employee Reviews

Very hard place to enjoy your job
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Very hard environment to enjoy your job. Seems like managers/ advisors more worried about numbers than employees. That is what makes employees not be so passionate about their jobs.
Pros
Free food on Saturday’s
Cons
Stressful, no raises
Working environment is horrible
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2018
Management is not trustworthy. Manager will tells you one story and do thing different behind your back. Unethical practice by employee is often ignored by management. Work/life balance is none-existing.
Pros
Nice Building, Free coffee
Cons
No accountability for unethical behavior. No Trust.
Most Laid Back Car Dealership
Mazda Salesmen (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 21, 2018
If you want an easy job with little stress, lots of down time, and unlimited time on your break, this is the job for you!

I have a consistent schedule, I can take a break whenever I want and how ever long I want, I have my own desk, I'm my own boss, and I have all the free time in the world to sit and play on my phone and watch YouTube.

Why do I have all this time? Simple; there's no customers. Besides Saturday, on a busy day I would see more then 2 people and on Saturday, more then 12 people is considered busy.

So if you're living at home and want a professional job that's easy with all the time in the world to play on your DS, this is the job for you!

If you want to make a lot of money and go home with a feeling of accomplishment, don't work at Mazda.
Pros
LOTS of free time, your own desk, unlimited break times
Cons
No money, so much free time you feel like you're wasting
It was fun working there
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 18, 2018
The main thing that I enjoyed while working at Mazda was seeing all the brand new cars that would come and go. The people working there are really easy to get along with.
Will have secure job if working
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Lots of fast paced labor too many manegers all want dofrent things done not enogh time to finish very demanding of employess under paid job everyone pushing work to others
Pros
Gain work expiriens
Cons
Too many manegers to deal with
Productive and quite supportive workplace
SAP Techno-Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 21, 2018
Mazda is a productive and quite supportive workplace. Have great team and Project Managers to work with and to make individual decisions. Very supportive team and good leaning platform.
Disorganized and Toxic Culture
MNAO Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 26, 2018
The direction of the company seems to change daily. They are inconsistent, disorganized and cut-throat. Leadership is inexperienced and confused. A regrettable experience.
Pros
Car
Standard job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAApril 4, 2018
working with clients, via email or phone. Running errands, general office work. I learned more about office work, management is myself, the hardest part of the job was doing the work.
Mazda ia a great place to work, if your a grear salesman
Car Salesman (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CANovember 27, 2017
When working at mazda I learned quite a bit. I learned how to communicate with custumers good and sell my product. Typical day is getting on the phone, calling people to come by a car. The hardest part about working at Mazda would be the part of convensing some to buy a car they dont really wamt. Also it's a very high stress environment, management is always super stressed out and it makes everyone else super up tight. The moat enjoyable aspect about working at Mazda is you are your own business man in a way, if you dont make a effort to sell cars you wont get a pay check.
Pros
Mazda product
Cons
Lots of nepitism going on
A Typical day at work
Robotics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MINovember 23, 2017
Team meeting at the start of your shift. Team exercise, Send out teams to handle breakdowns of automated lines. Workers are proficient in Kawasaki Robots, Nachi Robots, Motoman Robots, Daifuku monorail system: for material handling. Mitsubishi Programmable Logic Controllers, Robot mounted: resistance welders, sealer systems, CO2 shielded gas weld guns. Material handlers. Drop lifters for material handling. Recirculating lines for parts manufacturing. Lift and carry lines for production parts. Small presses for part production, sealer application: closure panel production. Variable speed drives for conveyors.
Pros
Lots of automation
Cons
Lots of automation

Want to know more about Mazda?

Ask a question
Gteat place to work
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 12, 2017
Really enjoy working for Mazda. I like the company alot. I have worked there for going on six years and love the product. You will love the vehicle. I love them and they really are great vehicles.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Stressful at times
working as an IT staff in Mazda
Production Control Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618September 27, 2017
I don't know what should I say but this is not my dream job.

I learn how they implement IBM Identity Manager and Access Manager to security their web application but they lack of documentation of Operation Procedure and Operation Instruction and most of the things are learn from the existing IT staff verbally.
Pros
open office environment clean and feel like home
Cons
without privacy
Sales Job at its core
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 21, 2017
It is a sales gig. You have to hit your quotas or you are gone. It can get cutthroat among the staff. Their is always tension in the dealership over numbers.

It is a good job to learn the ins and outs of the car industry. Not only do you see the sales floor but also you get the peek around to the service drive and see how the internet has revolutionized that industry as well.
Pros
slow pace
Cons
stress to make quotas
Fun but stressful
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 20, 2017
I absolutely love Mazda cars which is why I was motivated to work there in the first place. It was fun at times, but there was a lot of competition, and the stress of disrespect from clients and management became too much. It was hard being a girl in the car business because it was a challenge getting people to take me seriously. I know a lot about the cars and the business, but nobody (mostly males) had a hard time trusting that I knew what I was talking about.
Pros
Fun cars
Cons
Daily disrespect from mnagers and clients, competitive with coworkers
great place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 14, 2017
if you like fast paced work then this is it, and if you are very aggressive with sales then this is the place to be. I had so much fun working there but every place has its ups and downs
stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
very stressful place to work. poor working conditions and management sucks. overall a terrible place to work i wouldnt recommend them to anyone at all
Pros
no pros
Cons
cant go outside
Product Specialist
Product Specialist (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2017
I cannot give a complete review,, as I represent Mazda-USA during auto show season. I am hired by an agency to represent Mazda exclusively, as a Product Specialist. My main job is to engage, interact and share knowledge with consumers, spreading excitement about the company as a whole, and the vehicles they manufacture. This is done in a premium fashion to convey the way Mazda feels about the vehicle they build, and how it relates to the buyers that enjoy driving Mazda.
Pros
Great Pay, Awesome connections! Traveling to meet new and exciting people around the US.
Cons
Seasonal position, Appearance holds too mcuh precedent, 1099 contracted employee.
good
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2017
Working at Mazda has been a good experience. It is a fast paced work environment. I learned that when the warehouse works together as a team a lot more can get done.
Pros
They took employee's ideas into consideration
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
its a review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 21, 2017
Worked with a wonderful supervisor. Had wonderful customers. Everyone was nice and friendly. And treated me with respect.

My typical day was greeting customers, making a mean strong coffee, Speaking to customers about their Mazda purchase. The pros and cons of their vehicle.

Input their services in the computer. Quoted their price and input the data in the computer.

Enjoyed working with the parts department
Pros
Friendly staff worked hard
Cons
not much to say
Mazda is a great company
Assistant Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 19, 2017
Mazda has a lot of incentives for its service advisors and is very generous with its customers compared to other auto companies. They truly do believe in excellent customer service.