Mazzone Hospitality Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fat paced work place with good people
Server/Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMay 31, 2018
Mazzone Hospitality is a great work place. It is fast paced and there is always need for employees. I learned how to be a server and barback during my time there. Management was reat and people were likeable and understanding. I would go work for them again if i could.
Face-paced, guaranteed hours
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMay 7, 2018
This is for the Prime section of this company, Rensselaer campus. It was face-paced. I learned a lot about the business. We had guaranteed weekday, full time hours, which was great.
Pros
Free lunch, learning opportunities, good friends.
Cons
Stressful and tiring.
A great way to learn the industry
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 4, 2018
I interned at Mazzone Hospitality during the summer of 2017. During my time there, I learned so much about the industry and really saw what it takes to be the best of the best. Being in Saratoga Springs during race season, the clients always had you busy and not in a bad way. You were able to see what it is in a fast environment and it was an amazing opportunity.
Excellent boss
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I couldn't have asked for a better boss. Unfortunately, I had to take time off unexpectdedly for some personal issues and they let me go. I DO understand their position; however, while my boss understood what I was going through, I was able to get my personal business resolved and I hoped for another chance but they wouldn't do it. Too bad for me and them.
Pros
free food, awesome boss, amazing customers
Cons
for me, the bus ride from Schenectady, a couple of young co-workers
Fast paced environment with great employees
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Typical day was very stressful and high paced. I learned time management. The management team at Mazzone is fantastic and what kept me there for as long as I was. Hardest part of the job was the high stress level and fast paced environment. My fellow staff members were very fun and down to earth and thats what kept me there for so long
Pros
Good fun staff, free dinners
Cons
Fast paced, high stress, low pay for hard work, one 30 minute break for shifts longer than 10hrs
Fast Paced
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 16, 2018
This job is very fast paced, you will be standing and moving around most of the day. You'll be working with a lot of other people, so best for someone who can work with a team and be a team player.
Pros
Free Food
Bad management
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Was a good business until many people started to leave and new management took over then the business started to fall apart and many people were unhappy.
One giant click
Executive Sous Chef, Albany Capital Center (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Worked with this company for 7 months. I was a sous chef. All in all a horrible place to work. The food is old and boring, and you get no room for creativity. I normally worked 60 hours a week which in the catering world I understand. But when I wanted time off they thought I was asking for the world. The other employees were ok. Just a lot of people who thought they could cook, but only knew the mazzone way. I feel sorry for anyone who wants to work here. Try something else. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, dated menus
accountaility
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 22, 2017
This place has no accountability at all. Reason there you see them looking for people year around even off peak season. Only get college kid during the summer then no one stays or wants to. Most of the managers cast blame on to others, The general manager will put friendship there before whats best for the group as a whole. They have hard time seeing the good ones and lost them. Pay the wrong people
Pros
most people great, great events meets great people
Cons
managment, lack of professionalism
Great Place and Good Atmosphere
Internship (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work depends on what time the event starts. Once you clock in and go to your assigned location, you see what needs to be set for the event. Management is good and makes sure you're on task.
Good company to work for
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 17, 2017
Mazzone Hospitality is a fun fast paced company to work for. They offer good benefits and a pleasant atmosphere to work in. They let you share ideas which could benefit whatever account you work in and they seem to care about you and listen to whatever problem you come across. Pay could be better but overall good place to work.
Pros
fun work environment, good benefits
Cons
salary
Productive and easy work environment
Bussed (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMay 2, 2017
Very fun place to work. You meet a lot of nice people and get to experience five star catering events while providing great service for customers. Recommend
Busy and fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2017
There is always something to do to keep you busy, and multiple different job that are available. The owner and management is very nice and respectful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not a good place to work for. Management is poor.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  105 Washington ave. Albany, New YorkApril 12, 2017
My review for the job is that the management should be better. Everything else is ok, but if the management was different, I think the workplace would be better.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible work place with rude staff
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYJanuary 29, 2017
They're rude and have no respect for permanently ill employees. Favoritism is the worst I've ever dealt with at any job.
Great environment to work in
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYDecember 29, 2016
Loved the people I worked with, management always made sure schedules and hours were proper. Benefits worked out well. Everyone gets along well within the job. I would recommend to job to anyone.
Serving
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 28, 2016
Tough work but definitely helps to shape you to have an awesome work ethic. You work with some great people that become your life long friends.
Weddings
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 21, 2016
I worked as a sever for banquet events. I worked wedding, company parties, fund raising events, and companies holiday parties.
Bad experience.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYJuly 25, 2016
Much yelling in the kitchen. Managers definitely play favorites. I found the restaurant to be a very hostile working environment.
Pros
Free kitchen leftovers on occasion.
Cons
No breaks.
High intensity work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYJune 16, 2016
Although there was lots of running around and high stress situations. The other employees who worked at Mazzone made it much easier to come into work each and every shift.