Mb Aerospace Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTJuly 11, 2018
I only left because I moved out of state.
its a fast paced job especially at the end of the month.
good pay and benefits .
if they are busy you will work Saturday and Sunday too.but its double time thats good.
I would like to see everyone again some day.
but for now I'm relaxing in sunny south Florida!!!
Pros
great pay and good people
Cons
can be busy and stressful
Need to be in family and friends club for success
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTJune 23, 2018
Mb aerospace company in East Granby Ct was Delta Industries was bought by Mb
Which distroyed it’s reputation . Was a great place to work with good benefits. Now run by management that is not qualified and the management team would never make it in the real world at other companies. A lot of cut throat actions by management and the friends and family club. Quality department is the worst with a team that is not qualified. They are worried about looks of the parts rather than the dimensions. If you are not a friend or family of the management team you will go no where. No bonus , bad raises, health care sucks, 401k is based on what they feel like contributing too, management terrible lack of experience, yearly goals unrealistic that’s why no bonus . Will spend money on anything but the employees
Pros
Pretty building
Cons
Stay away if you want a future.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Easy Granby CTJune 23, 2018
I was at MB Aerospace for quite a few years and am going to leave an honest review. This isn’t a bitter review, I’m just going to tell you how it is. When it was Delta, it wasn’t too bad of a company. Then it got sold to MB and they literally broke it. The only way you’ll advance there is if you sleep with the right person or if your father happens to work there. Literally half of the people in charge are the sons of the other half of the people in charge. So if your dad doesn’t work there, prepare to do what you do for the rest of your days. The money was pretty good however the raise structures are terrible. If you get 1.5% a year that means you got one of the good raises. You get 2 weeks vacation after 2 years which is pretty standard but then you get your 3rd after 10, enjoy that 8 years of 2 weeks lol. MB thinks they know what they are doing but since buying the company their profits continue to decline. A lot of the shop workers are great guys, but management can not get much worse. They don’t listen and are never wrong. Essentially it is like working for your wives/girlfriends. I was making great money there and the OT was good and I really thought I liked it, until I got a job somewhere else. Now looking back it was more like a prison sentence. Their attendance is point based. 12 points and you’re gone. Minute late, half a point. Dr appt, half a point. See where I am going? Their equient is old and dated, the bonus has all but disappeared, they don’t do 401k matching, and their benefits are HSA which is horrendous. You pay the first 2000 (4K for  more... family) and then we’ll start covering stuff. All in all the worst and biggest issue is the nepotism. You are taught that if you work hard you’ll advance and climb the ladder. At MB as long as you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, that means you are management material. Anyways, don’t say you haven’t been warned.  less
Pros
Pay, floor workers are great, cafeteria
Cons
Management, nepotism, management, benefits, vacation
Management has a lot to improve upon
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMay 6, 2018
Chauvinistic managerial outlook. Promotes mostly men, women only there for filing and as men's secretaries with no hope for advancement. Could be a great company. Previous owner kept better attitude, open door policy. Rule by intimidation.
Pros
With new owners there is hope, small company better to work for
Cons
1970's attitude
Good place to work overall
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTFebruary 1, 2018
Overall good place to work with some great benefits. Coworkers are nice and helpful. Could be better communication across the shop to help the flow of business will go along way.
An okay choice for a co-op experience but limited opportunity for growth
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 10, 2017
Spent two years as an engineering co-op and unfortunately much of the work co-ops do is clerical and has to do with keeping shop floor documents up to date. Friendly place to work but open layout of engineering office leads to a lot of conversation possibly interfering with work and makes it impossible to escape people you don't like.
Avoid This Company!
QC Tech. (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights , MI.October 10, 2017
Dysfunctional senior management with outrageous high turnover.
After MB made their initial footprint in the U.S. just three ago they have gone through two C.O.O's, five GM's at one point or another in Sterling Heights along with three H.R. Managers. The Q.C. dept. has been completely decimated by the latest GM who has only been there maybe three four months. Four people with over 100 years of combined experience gone in one week. The very people that made the company millions of $$$ over decades.

Need one say anymore?
Pros
Lots of overtime. Expect 50-60 hours per week.
Cons
It takes ten years of service to get three weeks vacation & medical benefits suck.
Great Place to Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 17, 2017
I suggest working here as a machinist. Friendly environment and the work isn't monotonous. The hardest part is learning the different jobs and the most enjoyable is the people I work with.
Good people, challenging work
Metrologist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 20, 2017
The company was an enjoyable place to work, with friendly people, and work that was challenging. I always looked forward to going to work. I never knew from one day to the next what I would be called upon to check, or repair.
I had opportunity to interact with people from different areas, interests, and backgrounds. I loved my job and the opportunity I had to impact the work being done.
Perhaps the best thing I learned during my time here was how to fix Interapid test indicators.
Pros
Good people, enjoyable work, challenges
Liked people on my shift
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMarch 27, 2017
Good people on second shift to work with. Good pay and benifits . Lots of overtime and good raises and bonuses every year. good communications with co-workers on my shift
MB Aerospace
Co-op Engineer/Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Poorly managed company that makes it hard for people to learn and grow. Constantly put people down when they try to come up with a new way to work on a part
not a friendly place to work.
Deburr (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2017
I don't have anything good to say about MB Aerospace. They changed superintentants 4 times in my 2 plus years. They're very good at passing the buck.

*******
Pros
free lunch every 6 months, donuts on saturday.
Cons
One 10 minute break. Not much work for all the overtime they want.
professional work place
Shop Assistant/EDM trainee (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 25, 2016
it was a professional workplace with a good team of people. managemet was i the process of gaining a 4th shift and building it to be more solid
Good steady work
Welder (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTDecember 2, 2015
Good place to learn semi automatic welding tig and plasma. but if something goes wrong, management likes to pin it all on the little guy. Raises have become few and far apart since company buy out.
Pros
Double time on sundays and an annual bonus like no others
Cons
Management is a friends and family club, if you don't fit in with them, move on asap!
A bit of a mess
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 29, 2015
Culture is great. Some very bright people to work with. The people who you work for are a different story. No advancement whatever. All hiring is done from outside the company. Pay is not on par. Management seems very handcuffed to make any decisions to better employees by board of directors. Benefits were fine. No confidence that would continue to stay that way.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
People you work for
Materials Supervisor
Supervisor for RAW & WIP, ship/rec, ERP trainer (Former Employee) –  MB Aerospace - WarrenSeptember 29, 2015
Job security was rated at 80% approval because: with a high turn over rate and a very aggressive work-time expectation, of salaried leadership, people dont get fired. In 6 years, the ratio of resign vs terminated was breathtaking.

Since I turned in my notice, 10 months ago, almost all upper management above me and 6 of the 8 hourly employees directly reporting to me, have quit. Of course, that includes many peer level leadership and supervisory staff. Staff that fled 50k salaries. That group also includes 3 HR managers in 4 years, div. CFO, Manufacturing manager (2X), quality manager, purchasing manager and plant manager. Some of these are 70k+ positions, with practically no 'hands-on' requirement of any kind. Today in MB, the people making the company decisions havent even had time to memorize the address. They come and go so fast. Why do these positions have turn over rates that mirror a McDonald's fry cook? The pressure, the push from corporate ownership to produce results that are impractical and cant mathematically be successful.

The expectation to truly forsake your personal responsibilities, to be available for the business, is laughable. You read other reviews that mimic the same statement. Yes, reviews are typically from low level, often very poorly paid hourly workers, and they are right. the pay is poor, rates and advancement are not within the vision of leadership. Yet they will hire unqualified outside talent to fill high level positions. Typically, based on that candidate's display of a "Ill do anything I have to" attitude.

I recommend this company to
  more... someone who is very young, straight out of college, looking to make their bones in manufacturing production and control. Or a young person with no formal education, that wants to work 60 hours a week to try to make his/her way.

But, after those bones are made and that way is made, leave. Because there is no upward future at MB. And their work life balance is a bad joke. Period.
Pros
as much OT as you can stomach
Cons
more required OT than you can stomach
productive work place
inventory control specialist (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTJune 24, 2015
start between 6 and 7 in the morning, coffee break at 9 and lunch at 12:30. many managers, and a lot of different personalities to deal with.
Pros
constant workflow
Cons
healthcare
Workers are amaing. People Dressed up suck.
Parts Washer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 18, 2015
All workers were friendly and easy to get a long with. The guys who didn't get their hands dirty were not helpful. Loved the hours and pay.
Pros
abalility to work
Cons
Bosses didnt know what they were doing
like being taken advantage of?
assembler (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 13, 2015
If your a hard worker, like being lied to and takem advantage of then this place is for you. This place is big in favoritism and unfair in its paying structure. They hire new employees that have no knowledge in assembly or aerospace and pay them more then their employees that have been here for years and have way more knowledge and skill set.
Pros
good people to work with, and a long lunch
Cons
underpaid, overworked, favoritism, no advancement
great people to work with, horrible people to work for.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2015
This company does nothing to help its employees, lies daily about advancement, and knows nothing of fair treatment. I have been training and employee who makes more money than I do. With this company the only way to be treated with respect or to be cared about has to do with who you know and not what you know. With over 50 employees just on first shift, I can almost guarantee you won't find more than 10 happy ones that are not looking for a new job.
Pros
40 minute lunch break
Cons
four an a half hour stretch with no break at the end of the day, And constantly being lied to from your supervisor or his boss, HR is no help