MB Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Great job place to work
Post Closer I (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 4, 2018
Working at MB was great! Sad the mortgage industry had to close down but excited to start this new chapter. It had a great atmosphere and held a lot of fun events for the co-workers.
It was a good experience but turned out to be a disaster.
Loan Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 27, 2018
In the beginning working for MB was perfect, as the years went on little clicks started to form and it was a bunch of unnecessary drama. Upper management is terrible they have picks and chooses. I would never recommend anyone to work in the Loan Servicing Department! It's terrible!
Good Place to Work
Senior Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 27, 2018
I was with the company for seven years and at my time at MB Financial Bank it was an enjoyable experience. I was sad to find out that our company was bought out.
Personal Banker/Relationship Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 23, 2018
My typical day work was working as a banker/teller, most banks do that now. I enjoyed working with my clients to help them get the most out of their banking experience. My coworkers were great, and i had the best boss. I would open accounts and help our clients with all the conveniences that we offered. Also worked behind the teller line when it was necessary. The hardest part was going back and forth, sometimes took longer to finish the projects you were working on.
Pros
loved my job and working with my clients and coworkers
Cons
no many
Productive but fun at the same time
Loan Servicing Boarding Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 22, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. not only is it a great company, but the benefits are amazing as well. I work with a great team, as we all a great management team.
Very engaging culture
Assistant Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor , MIAugust 9, 2018
MB Financial had a very engaging friendly work environment and culture. Management cared about it's employees.

Unfortunately they closed their National Mortgage lending division and that caused massive layoffs.
The Mortgage Division is no longer active.
Mortgage Funder II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at MB Financial Bank, in the Mortgage Division. The people were great to work with. I would have liked to have kept working there, if the corporate office hadn't decided to cease doing national mortgages.
poor
AVP of Business Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 3, 2018
The company has a terrible culture. There is favoritism and it feels like you have to have connection just to be treated as an employee. Opinions don;t matter.
Productive and employee focused besides sales focus
Assistant Vice President, Senior Team LeaderIII (Current Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILAugust 1, 2018
A culture focused on employees vs only the botyom line.
Also developing skill sets for particulary business development and adfitional sale and credit opportunities.
Funding specialist
Funding Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 1, 2018
Management did everything to try and make the work experience enjoyable. We worked hard and enjoyed each other. We were like family. We discussed issues that might of came up and together would work out the issue. We reviewed documents and set up the wire for releasing. Kept up the amount of work that we each did and always maintained the amount that was to be done everyday. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
system issues at times.
It was a good place to work
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIJuly 29, 2018
It was a good place to work. The Bank decided to close the entire mortgage operation outside of the Chicago metropolitan area. Working in Milford, Michigan, my office was closed & my job was eliminated. MB Financial Bank is currently in the process of being bought out by Fifth Third Bank.
Fun and productive
Loan Estimator II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 25, 2018
A typical work day consisted of working with people you enjoyed both co-workers and customers. The employees there were recognized for their contributions through the rave system and the weekly wow meeting.
Very friendly and encouraging culture
Loan Estimate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 22, 2018
A very good place to work. Compensation was very fair and the vacation and PTO time was very good. I would recommend this company--however the mortgage division is shut down
SVP Compliance Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 21, 2018
I've enjoyed working for MB Financial Bank. I have been given great opportunities to grow and develop working for a great group of professionals. The bank lives its core values.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home and supports daily work/life balance
Great team morale
Underwriter I/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 17, 2018
Company was very good at creating a great work environment for its employees. Most of the employees are no longer just co workers, we are like family.
Company was not dedciated to having a mortgage division.
Senior Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 9, 2018
Average volume mortgage lending shop. Normal corporate environment. Remote working from home was definitely one of the best things about working at this place.
My Review
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
The bank experience was okay. The bank didn't pay was well and they didn't offer a lot benefits then. I'm sure it may have changed I haven't work for a bank in a while
Awesome place to work
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 27, 2018
MB was a great place to work. The culture was one that allowed for advancement, education, accountability and fun. I am sad to be leaving on account of the company's decision to shut down the wholesale mortgage division.
Pros
Open-door policy, great benefits, fun place to work
Cons
Company-wide closure of wholesale division
A sales job
Relationship Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 10, 2018
This is a great opportunity for those that that have a passion in sales and business development. They have great perks for being MB employees that I hadn't seen in other employers before.
Company closing the mortgage company and merging with 5th 3rd bank.
Assistant Vice President-Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 8, 2018
Company closing the mortgage company and merging with 5th 3rd bank.

The mortgage company was a great place to work until the Bank decided to go into a different direction.