MB Haynes Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2019
MB Haynes is a decent place to work. Benefits package can’t be beat. Pay could stand to be a little better for those employed over 90 days. Management is good to work with. The work environment is more laid back than I’m used to.
Cons
Pay
Good employer
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 1, 2019
Great advancement opportunities. Co-workers willing to lend a helping hand and very knowledgeable. Employee and customer oriented. Longtime company in Asheville.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
None!
Great people to work for
PIPE WELDER/FITTER (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 3, 2018
They’re great to work for, everyone is easy to get along with and work together nicely. Great place to make a career, and most of the time keep work to keep you busy.
Pros
Discounts
good work place
Groundman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 17, 2018
fast paced environment so the days went by quick, close place everybody knew one another so you became friends with co-workers. management was good the bosses would listen to the employees.
Great company
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 6, 2018
Great company to work for as i worked there for 2 years, the only issue was some of the leadman/foreman's that i worked for wasnt the best. Will definitely work there again but will request not to be placed with the very few i had issues with.
Pros
Company, Hr, Benefits
Cons
shutdowns, (very few) foreman/leadman
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 29, 2018
Great place to work with advancement opportunities. Work with consistent crew . Electricians willing to help and teach you along the way. Overtime available
Hard work
C-Class lineman (Former Employee) –  Deaver View, NCFebruary 11, 2018
I am very appreciative for t hjis company allowing me to work for them. I lesrned a lot while working here. I have met people that I respect and some that just want a paycheck.
Typical work days
HVAC Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Always had materials on site was good about get material if needed always far about working everyone pitched in , would not ask you to do something they wouldn't
Good place to start out as electrical apprentice
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I would stay if loyalty and seniority have played a role in the field. That's my only gripe with the company. Hours are long. Days hot or cold ur in it, 10 hrs ,12 hrs, or 18 hr days you better be there on time the next day.
Pros
Benefits, esop, 401(k)
Cons
No breaks and short lunches
Productive place to work but dangerous work.
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 20, 2017
Stock the truck in the mornings load up poles etc. Go to the job , have a pre job briefing on what the job is and what our tasks are. Do the job whether it be setting pole and framing, hanging wire or service, repair to the lines or transformers. I enjoy what i do and working outdoors.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Dealing with the public and angry customers
productive, safe, and good family oriented buisness
Licsence electrician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 8, 2017
good place to work, good people to work with, good management, and plenty of opportunities for advancement and growth. Great team work. It is a good family oriented business.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
Learned alot, great workers and management
Field Technician Foreman (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 15, 2015
I learned EST fire, tektone nurse call, dukane intercoms, northern card access. The management was knowledgeable, and respectful. My co-workers were enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was teaching when people were afraid of heights. The most enjoyable part was enjoying being around colleagues in and out of work.
Most coworkers are great, constantly worry about job future
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 16, 2014
Most bosses were great. They helped if you needed it. For the most part, bosses let you have free reign to do your job. Coworkers were great. Tools and equipment Are usually available and a lot of times delivered to you onsite. Benefits were ok. Healthcare was expensive. They offer ESOP. Vacation time is ridiculous, you had to choose time that everyone else didn't want. One company in the corp. has a son, that is not in management, working for his dad, who is the general manager. The son runs his dad. Makes work very difficult when it involves the son.
Long 10 hour days out in the cold weather. Learn to man up or get out.
electrcian helper (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCAugust 21, 2014
My typical day at work go in at 7 work till 5 it was either freezing cold or steaming hot. I learned the values of teamwork and cooperation. I also learned hard work pays off. The management was lazy never helped us do anything. The hardest part of the job was climbing through the cable trays with barely any space to move. That was the part i enjoyed the most honestly. I enjoyed climbing through trays because i am the perfect size to fit in the trays.
Pros
close to resturaunts. crew was very friendley
Cons
short breaks
Work Experience
Trackhoe & Pressure Digger Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 4, 2013
Loaded truck, went to job sight, set up pressure digger or line truck
dug a hole for the red light pad base put a metal cage in the hole built a plat form for the bolts to set on then did the under ground, then poured concrete.