MBI Energy Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
New owners!!! No investment just money going out the door.
driver (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJune 12, 2018
Oil and production water is all going to pipe lines from the wells. You get paid percent. They want every one to make $300 a day. If your happy with 12 to 14 hour days for $300 MBI is for you.
Pros
$300 a day
Cons
12 to 14 hour days
Fun place to work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJune 6, 2018
Each MBI employee begins with a week long orientation class in North Dakota (with free lunch) It was actually a lot of fun, educational, and positive. They really do take care of their employees. All revenue producing employees get a sign on bonus, which is nice. There is opportunity to grow. Also, like all places of employment there can be drama and negativity but I believe management helps control that.
Pros
Positive employees, benefits, pay
Cons
Some work drama
Dangerous well orchestrated safety procedures in the oil field.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJune 1, 2018
Challenging at times fun and rewarding.
That there is a solution to every problem, when we work as a team.
Vary busy and helpful
Vary good people, Catholic
Staying Teachable, the hardest thing was leaving a good job and good people.
This job was vary challenging and busy, we were always improving the facility's, housing, shops yards and training center. what I really enjoyed was using all my skills that I have learned over the years. And learning new skills. Taking care of my equipment for my job and operating equipment safely around 400 or more people was enjoyable the respect for working safe with each other, with a smile or wave, or shutting down the equipment to hear someone talk or just tell me a little joke. I had a lot of responsibility and I made most of my own decisions what I worked on threw the day. I did work for all the supervisors with in the company at times, even got to help out with safety training. If someone needed something down I would manage to get it down, sometimes I could use drivers that had the skills to do a job, if there truck was broke down or had no work. WE had a good all around team, we all helped each other.
Pros
Good people, good money, lots of work, and good food every friday.
Cons
There are bad applys every where.
Great place to work really good people. Management is great and I have advanced three times in the first year great
Relief operator (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDMay 26, 2018
Moved here from Oklahoma. They helped me get a place. Gave me a sign on bonus. And have 500 dollar housing expense allowance now. They gave me a chance and they have been more than fair and honest with me best place I’ve ever worked and I’m fifty years old.
Pros
Good benefits, pay, and furnished fr clothing, summer and winter. Gloves and housing allowance.
Cons
Cold weather but the winter clothes are great
Horrible company closed shop after 9 months
Wireline (Former Employee) –  Mead, COMay 20, 2018
Many unfulfilled promises, no work after 9 months and shop closed with no notice at all... steer clear if possible there are better companies to work for
Cons
No work
Balanced place to work
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDMay 15, 2018
Worked the night shift and had the option to work up to 6 days a week if I wanted. Company and management was great and was always about safety. If you were not fit do drive you DID not drive.
Pros
Benefits and Hours
Cons
Long Shifts
MBI only cares about MBI
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Killdeer, NDMarch 16, 2018
Pay is too low and they exoect you to step up and lead without pay increase. If its not Corporates idea, then its shoved to the side. Pay Is extremely off Balance, and the structure needs a huge overhaul. Management had no REAL leadership or ecperiance. You really are treated like another # at MBI. Thry spend more money on hiring employees then keeping the ones they have.

Oh, and maybe youll get a small pay raise Once a year if your lucky.
Pros
It used to be the Medical
Cons
Bad Structure
oil field services company that cared about the well being of its employees
field saftey rep (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDFebruary 7, 2018
everybody is very nervous about keeping their job
which implies it is a good job, the benefits and pay are
excellent with the exception of a retirement plan
it was good work with good people too bad everyone was so nervous about being fired
All matters on price of oil
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 27, 2018
All depends on who you know and m or what you know or how you can help the company. Everyone is there for themselves. No matter how much you did or how much you woukd save the company if you weren't related to anyone then you got cut first
Benefits
Cons
No one is on the same page
Fun people to work with
Lead Mechanic/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work minus the hour changes, great work environment. Advancement was pretty good until the hours were lost. Management is fairly good. Trucks are for the most part new. All around a fair place to work
growth
NHO / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJanuary 15, 2018
great opportunity for growth. great training , and in all areas of the divisions through out the company. Setting trainees up for success in their jobs . such as drivers and work over, wireline. In every part of the company.
Stay clear of this place
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 14, 2018
No diversity what so ever, closed minded antiquated management with no vision. This company does not appreciate employees that offer fresh ideas. If you're ok with a "you have to know someone" to get promoted atmosphere, This is the place for you
Pros
Pretty good pay
Cons
Poor management
Ok
Flatbed Division Secretary (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDJanuary 9, 2018
They are a company that doesn't want you to think for yourself, let alone work independently. They are your typical oilfield company all about the dollar.
Water Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDDecember 27, 2017
MBI is a great place to work. A lot of stuff has gone on in the oilfield. Downturn, oil back up. Most companies out here had to do what they needed to do to keep us busy. I'm happy with how mbi treats me and my family. Good pay if youre willing to work hard and be honest. Management is improving. Company is taking strides. Lot's of work going on to where we have to turn it down. All around great company. Would reccomennd. Much better than other trucking companies around here.
Pros
Great
Cons
cold
disapointed
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDDecember 19, 2017
they expect more then what you can physically do while at the same time not wanting to pay for it.overall company well known but don't seem to want to treat you like a member only a number
Learned the most about business structure, safety and producivity
Service Work & Operator (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDNovember 9, 2017
High turn over rate. Considering I work here for almost 3 years, not being late once, working an 18 hour shift in -47 degrees and having highest hours worked in a two week pay period of 191.5 hours... with 2 days off. It doesn't surprise me that the turn over rate was so high. I love a challenge though. This company challenged me; what am I worth, what can I accomplish and can a prove enough productivity to sustain a career. I exceeded everything they asked of me with no questions asked. I loved that job, but I did not want live in the middle of no where.
Pros
Excellent company to work for if you challenge yourself
Cons
So far away from family
MBI is great :)
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Belfield, NDOctober 27, 2017
Great overall experiencing at MBI so far! I would recommend working here to anyone who is looking for a company interested in your growth & development. My manager is fair and have listened to my recommendations. I am happy to come to work at MBI each day!
Original owners sold out
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfield, NDOctober 25, 2017
MBI was a great place to work and drive for back during the Oil Boom but when it crashed, it became cutthroat especially when they changed our pay from an hourly rate to percentage of what the truck made, which created MORE safety problems and it becomes stressful when trying to earn a living to provide for your family IN THE WINTER. The Oil Field will eat you up and vomit you out if you don't respect it. I personally DO NOT Recommend working for this company.
Pros
The OilField
Cons
The winters
crews are great
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDOctober 13, 2017
tool push sam and matt are terrible. over all they keep you working, i would go back if they called. the pay is fair and the crews are great. other than matt and sam, it was a great experience
Pros
crews
Cons
sam and matt
Long days, exciting. Good pay.
Quality Control / Safety (Former Employee) –  Nunn, COAugust 8, 2017
Hectic stressful to begin with, although once i got in the groove all was good. great money and i was well respected..Very good experience along with seeing new places was a bonus. I made life long friends at MBI and will always be indepted to this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBI Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight