MBK Senior Living Employee Reviews

bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 22, 2018
Coworkers were lazy which made the job more stressful. Management was hard to work with. Organizationally, this environment did not succeed in having a clean and simple workplace.
Pros
free lunch and dinner.
Cons
no benefits, bad coworkers.
Poor management!
Server (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 7, 2018
I worked at MBK for a short period of time, the ED who ran the place at the time was a micromanaging wacko! run for the hills fast! Terrible ED!!!!!!!
Pros
salary, thats it!
Cons
The ED is a controlling, crazy, manipulating wacko!
The residents were amazing!
QMAP/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
It was good until they got a new BOM that would swnd threatening text messages and then the face that we could keep an RN to work under or the fact that our narcotics were always unlocked. Really unfavorable.
Pros
Residents, care givers, kitchen staff
Cons
Lack of benifits, not properly paid, management
Not a fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAFebruary 13, 2018
I love how these companies say, 'come work for us, it'll be fun!' No way. If you have a management position, it's no wonder you're happy because you're making over $50,000 a year. The line level employees, the associates, cannot pay rent and live by themselves on $20,000 a year--no matter how you try, that is, unless you live rent free. The benefits are useless when the wage is not there. My supervisor was verbally abusive and forced me to quit. The company puts on a nice front, but it is a facade. They simply don't pay enough.
Pros
A small paycheck, and perhaps a parking space, very nice residents
Cons
Low pay, no benefits for one year, poor management, no free meals
MBK Good company
Director of Dinning Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2018
MBK has amazing properties and they spear no expense when it comes to quality. although many of the Executive directors are over worked and in some cases do not have the resources to high the right people I enjoyed my time at MBK
Rewarding experience despite poor management
Server, Tuscany at McCormick Ranch (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with MBK Senior Living. The residents were charming and the work wasn't too difficult. The only problem I had was the management. This was not a problem with MBK, just with the location I worked at.
Pros
good hours, fun workplace
Cons
poor management
Easy to work with manager, very time flexible.
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 15, 2017
The hours you work are cool and manager is willing to work with your schedule, but they don't give out raises like they say they do. Fail to really make the workers feel needed. You have to watch what u say and who you say it too or the staff will go above manager and let upper management know.
Okay place to work
Chancellor Gardens Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 29, 2017
Quick paced environment for little pay and long hours. However, the residents are truly a pleasure to work with and be around which can make the day seem quicker.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Long hours, no room for advancement
Server Position: Not Good, but not bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked as a server, always going in and out of the kitchen. The kitchen manager, who I wont give out info about, was a really nice guy. He was also the interviewer. However, everyone always criticized him of being a slacker for never being in the kitchen. Obviously he has other business to take care of, but the ignorance of the rest of the kitchen employees were pretty negative.

The kitchen was well maintained as well as the dining room. Some tough food would usually get stuck on the dishes, however, most are usually returned to be washed. The atmosphere really depends on which table you are serving and the demeanor of the coworkers that day since you're being helped and helping other servers too.

The seniors living there have varying personalities, and all of them never change. Mainly because it usually takes them a long time to understand what is actually going on in the first place. Most of them are either nice and friendly or nasty and grumpy. The grumpy ones always want to make your day worse, and the nice ones are just pleasant to be around with. The negative seniors have more of an impact on your emotions, and unfortunately they don't leave when you want them too. But when they do it seems like god just blessed you.

The pay is minimum.
No tips are received since you're feeding the same people every meal.
Stressful if you're not used to blocking out the negativity.
Lots of cardio and sort-of heavy lifting.
Breaks don't seem to outweigh the stress of working (unless you've got like a 4 hour shift or something)
Pros
Free lunch (cause it's a kitchen), 401k after a certain amount of years working there (a lot)
Cons
Very stressful, pay is always minimum, come-in-positive-go-out-negative
Good Start
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 25, 2017
MBK would be a place where a lot of people simply came to get there start. I came there and got my start, worked there for 2 years and moved on. There was almost no room from growth. I went from being a caregiver, to medtech to lead medtech and that was as far as I could go. That was only if the supervisor believed that you could do it as well.
Pros
loved my residents
Cons
underpaided for amount of work
The activities are great, residents are having fun
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAApril 30, 2017
Its a nice facility but the management are poor, to many residents but lock of caregiver, the food is always the same. And the management don't even care for their staff.
Cons
No free lunch, always lock of caregivers
Nice people, a fun working enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 27, 2017
The people that manage the place are really food propel and they Care for their residence as they should. Everyone in the workplace helps out very well, you aren't ever put in a situation where you think you can't ask for help.
Great Place to Work
Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAApril 21, 2017
I wish I did not have to leave the company because I could see myself retiring from MBK Senior Living. Unfortunately, the commute from Arlington, WA to Mercer Island, WA is way brutal :-(
Hillcrest of Loveland Senior Living
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 25, 2017
The teamwork of this senior living between the co-workers is outstanding! The place is professional and well-kept. The facility makes you feel at home and is small enough that everyone feels like a big family.
Great Place To Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hills, UTJanuary 4, 2017
I loved working here, just didn't do well with workers compensation. As long as you stay safe you'll love it! There's a kitchen staff and servers that help out with meals, so that puts less stress on the CNA's. It's a relaxed environment with wonderful support.
Director of Health Services (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hills, UTOctober 26, 2016
MBK Senior living is a very great company to work for. I am coming up on one year of employment here and I have a very high amount of respect for the company. They have high expectations and are very good at providing excellent care for elders.
Don't Even Get Involved
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2016
The residents are great and I grew to love all of them, but if I'm honest The Wellington is a terrible place to work for. The new management seem to only understand hollow threats of being written up as any form of discipline for being upwards of 45 (!) minutes late, multiple med errors, and leaving people awake without notifying the following shifts. The place is desperate so they will likely hire you, but you will not enjoy a minute of it. Working short, being scammed by your boss into working a shift you didn't sign for, every new employee being told they are being trained to take your job specifically, just before they realize what they've gotten into and quit, all part of a normal lifestyle when you work at the Wellington. They are desperate, but don't get involved unless you are equally desperate for work.
Pros
Great residents, decent pay
Cons
Terrible management, short staffed
Incredibly UNprofessional, snakes!
Former member (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAAugust 23, 2016
I wouldn't have even gave this horribly managed, unprofessional, fake company 1 star if it weren't required. Their advertising sounds great, but talk is cheap. They put on this greatly organized "team" front, yet they all sell different stories while gossiping about one another like their in middle school. They do not genuinely care about neither their employees, nor the residents. They are just more snakes in the grass wanting their check each month, the residents interests & things they enjoy mean nothing to these cowards that are so called "staff". (Aside from the kitchen staff/servers who are great). Management is an embarrassing joke here, smfh.
Pros
The amazing generous residents that live here
Cons
Co-workers, the way management "handles" things, i could go on for days.
You will never achieve "Work, Life, Balance" with this employer
account executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Too many egos to stroke on a day to day basis. They use the ranking system and no one is treated equally. The turnover is at 77% across all divisions.
Great Company!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2015
MBK Senior Living is a great company. They focus on doing "good work" that positively impacts the lives of the residents, staff, and greater community.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Meaningful Work, Great Residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBK Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about