MBO Partners Employee Reviews

Not for everybody
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 6, 2018
Leadership in general at this organization is very disengaged, and several are very unprofessional. For a small company, they change strategic direction regularly and without clear focus. There is a lack of communication. They have a very unique service offering but great difficulty in communicating it to potential customers. They are working on creating a more identifiable culture which will help.

The most enjoyable part is the good people who do work here. There are many.
Pros
Nobody else does what we do. There is a lot of tenure with mid-level positions.
Cons
Some people have been there so long it is hard to get them to think differently, They get in their own way.
Great company!
Sr. Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 17, 2018
Pay, clients, technology, apps, expense reimbursement are exceptional. Great colleagues, clients, opportunity, remote work and management are enjoyable. I like my project!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contract
Business Manager
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 17, 2018
Provide operational business support and a high level of service to an assigned group of professional consultants working at domestic and international sites. Respond to and resolve issues relating to time, expense reimbursement, payroll, billing, benefits, retirement, and other related items.
easy going and fun
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 22, 2018
There was easy work days and stressfull work days as long as everyone worked the jobs would get done on time and everything ran smooth. Always something diffrent
Payroll Organization for Contract
Sr Technical Recruiter Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 10, 2018
Contracted through MBO Partners, minimal interaction with any MBO Employees. MBO was agency who issued weekly check and W-2. The offer healthcare and a 401k plan after billing 500+ hours. Very simple process, minimal paperwork and website is user-friendly.
Provided Great Service
Engineer, Monitoring Software/Monitoring Architect (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 10, 2017
They provided complete services from Invoicing to Payroll. They were always there to help out and provide details when there were issues with invoice payments.
Great place for Consultants
Sr. QA Test Engineer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 27, 2017
MBO is a consulting agency that handles payroll for contractors...you find your own job (C2C) and run it thru MBO and they handle the insurance, billing, 401k and all back office stuff for you
No clear direction.
Senior Business Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 11, 2017
Management seems to grab at straws to figure out what to do next. It is more trial and error. And they are more reactive to the competition than proactive.
Lack of communication
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 24, 2017
They don't schedule you even when you are a local in the area, they prefer to spend money bringing people from out of area, even flying them, and when we want to go out to out of city events they don't schedule you
Pros
Good to get extra money and good pay of milage
Cons
Not reliable to be scheduled to work
Meh
Dynamic and innovative Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSAugust 17, 2017
It is what it is, if you are working for this company you know exactly what to expect. There was little overhead interference and I was paid on time every time.
Pros
Little overhead interference, Admin staff works hard to ensure you are paid
Cons
Benifits, contract structures

Want to know more about MBO Partners?

Ask a question
Good Company - Lacks Focus
Director (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 7, 2016
MBO is a great company to work for if you're okay with some changing priorities and sometimes ambiguous direction. I actually recommend MBO because working there has given me great experience and I've grown a lot as a professional there.
Professional and energetic workplace with options to grow
Sales Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 18, 2016
Excellent workforce and leadership opportunities in a fast paced environment. Training and leadership is valued highly and well received.
MBO/ LHI Review
Periodic Health Assessment Lead/EOA (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 6, 2015
Our work environment is very relaxed but is also very fast-paced and organized due to the nature of our customer base. The management staff is very supportive and always on call in case we need additional on-site support for any reason.
Cons
Potential for long work days
Consultant supporting Air Force Programs and Business Development
Contract - Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2015
As a consultant, working through MBO Partners as my management company was very productive. MBO partners provide comprehensive back office management services, allowing me to focus on supporting my customers. My customers hired me a consultant to support growth of Air Force business. I was responsible of winning a major Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity multi-award contract vehicle (PASS II), which required contractors to support Air Force programs managed by the AF Life Cycle Management Center.
Pros
Solid Contractor Management Company
Cons
Limited support in developing new contractor work.
Provide exceptional support for self employed contractors and sub-contractors
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2014
Would recommend MBO Partners to anyone wanting to work as a consultant without the hassles of having to write contracts and manage taxes and benefits. MBO Partners is a one stop solution for all consultants.
current employee
Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 8, 2013
good place to work, young people and room for advancement. management is good. fun people . most enjoyable job thus far
Young company with enjoyable staff
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 15, 2012
Fun place to work, mainly due to the staff here. HR is not clear on job description up front - no clear career path.
Pros
flexible, great co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement
This is a work shop and you do not actually work in Va.
Consulting Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 29, 2012
This is a work shop and you do not actually work in Va. Excellent company for contractors to work through.
Had I known about the company before I did I would have tried to work through the company earlier in my career.
Pros
excellent company for contractors to work through.
Cons
you have to find your own job, but hope that is starting to change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MBO Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about