McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 7,925 reviews matching the search See all 25,627 reviews
Fast paced environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wellington, COJune 17, 2019
I learned a bunch of skills that are super helpful to me. Memorization of how to make everything, handling money, taking an order and ringing in orders all at the same time, accounting for how much stock I have up at once, it's a pretty decent way learn. The workplace can get sluggish with sometimes dead hours, and the constant rushes we receive. Management could use some work, but the best part of the job was making every person's day a little bit better when you give them the food, made by a company that shapes America.
Pressuring and fast workplace that leaves you feeling like you shouldn't have left your house.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 17, 2019
Just don't work here unless it's your last choice. The managers are okay, except for them asking you to do several things at once and being mad all the time. They were never happy to help me learn the ropes.
A busy working environment full of constant duties.
Cashier/Customer Service/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 17, 2019
After I clocked in to work I would immediately start packaging orders on my screen. I would hand out every order to the customer. I would take customers orders when ever needed. I would be positioned in a certain location by my manager and I would focus on attending my duties. I would have to make drinks before the customer payed for their order in drive thru. I had to be fast paced and work well under pressure.
Pros
They worked with my schedule.
Cons
They didn't provide me with any healthcare benefits.
fun
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJune 17, 2019
i liked it i had to quit because i moved to oklahoma city. i’m a very fast worker i go to work to take care of business so my family won’t ever have to suffer and so i can go to college
Fast-paced with multi-tasking
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 17, 2019
Can be moderately busy and sometimes under-staffed, however after becoming adapted to the work environment it was all much easier to handle. Dealing with difficult customers can at times be a struggle, but moving on and swiftly solving any problems they have is key to keeping the steady pace moving.
Pros
Discounted meals before or after a shift or during breaks.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2019
McDonald’s was a great job to work at and I would definitely work there again. The amount of flexibility they gave me with my schedule and sports was incredible, they were very understanding.
Would be alright if store manager was fired
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Mtolive ncJune 17, 2019
The manager at the mtolive location really needs to be terminated,she has a very smart mouth and is very rude her attitude is terrible she thanks she knows it all,very rude arrogant human being
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Dealing with store manager
McDonald's
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 17, 2019
Great food great people but on average it was under staffed and poorly run and bad management but generally it was a good experience so I recommend it.
Stressful and not fair to all workers with bad management
McDonalds Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2019
I’m usually having to do 2 or 3 different positions that aren’t mine, sometimes with no help from the managers. I get put at a higher standard than most workers. I feel I deserve better pay for the amount of work they have me do.
It was a productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2019
As a cashier I completed duties such as greeting customers, taking orders, collecting payments, recommending products, promoting special deals, matching cash with records, arranging food items on trays, adding napkins and condiments
Rude workers , no hours , dirty restaurant itself.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 17, 2019
Would never work there again. Just didn’t like it. Barley any hours provided due to so many workers, and the building itself is in shambles behind the lobby counter.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Literally everything
Worst job
Back Cash (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 17, 2019
I am probably the hardest and most honest worker you can find and I was beyond disappointed in the staff at my location. They are unprofessional, rude, and they do not do their jobs. It was a good job aside the management and pay. Nice coworkers and customers.
Cons
Working on breaks
Exciting place to work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Kosciusko, MSJune 17, 2019
This is a good place to work for people who just now getting out tin the work force mainly for students looking for work after school or during breaks from school
Poor Management
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 17, 2019
I started working there for the summer while off school. Horrible management. I went in there last time as a customer and the crew members are under staffed, the place was a total disgrace and the manager sat down at a booth doing nothing as a customer complained. I called off a shift once due to getting sick and the management nearly cut my hours because of it even though I did what was required for calling off due to being sick and gave the proper paperwork. I did a lot of grunt work which wasn't bad but I would also have to leave early due to labor being too high and thus my hours were cut. Just a horrible place to work honestly. Needs better management.
Only like one good manager, mostly kids that don't care about doing a good job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHJune 17, 2019
I only had one raise in all the years that I worked there. The managers do not act as managers. They do not write up employees who need to be written up. Almost no one gets fired. They hire almost anyone and do not care about the employee's work ethic. They push the hard-working employees harder than they push the lazy employees. They baby the lazy employees, so they basically get paid for just standing there on their phone.
Pros
half off food once either during break, half our before/after shift
Cons
Don't decide when your breaks are, half hour breaks
While working at Mcdonald's management was lackluster with no real way to advance through the rankings,no benefits,and no fairness in the system.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 17, 2019
Mcdonald's would rarely promote its employees, constantly fire employees at inopportune times leaving other employees to struggle at work. They would also inappropriately schedule employees to come in when they couldn't.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits, lack of employees, lack of teamwork
Customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJune 17, 2019
It’s good to start off with . This was my first job and I am still there. I have been working there for 6 years. I like working there I just want to try out other places
Good first job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 17, 2019
When first interviewed here, they asked about two interview style questions and I feel me being hired was based on my availability. I was hired on spot and given information for orientation. Orientation was a lot of information but, you are not required to remember all the information. The first day consists of training videos which you are (for the most part) taught through training. Training could be more organized but, overall an okay experience. Working here is fast-paced and can be difficult because of unhappy customers (sometimes you can be yelled at). The best part about this job is that you grow close to employees and they can be very supportive. There can be late hours which raises security concerns for me personally. (walking out to your car or walking home at night can be dangerous) Overall a good experience.
Wonderful place to work
McDonalds Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2019
I loved working at mcdonalds unfortunently I had a beef with someone who just got hired in as a manager and her mom worked there so i would come into work and she would be doing my job while i was stuck in her job and it was not approved by our gm.
Lots of life lessons learned.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, WAJune 17, 2019
It was a job. Not a career. The training program was non existent. The director of operations openly sexually harassed young women. It was not a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

56.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McDonald's.

Powered by Comparably