McDonald's

United States132,819 reviews

Found 132,819 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,408 reviews

Easy Advancement Chances, but Can be Stressful

Featured review

McDonald's selected this as a representative review
For this being my first job it was pretty fulfilling. I enjoyed my fellow employees and I learned things in the beginning. The pay is nice and the customers are usually nice. They work with your schedules flexibility and the free meals when working is awesome. It's a good place to work overall. The only flaws in my eyes is that things can be stressful on busy nights and some customers lack manners. Also since there is a lack of employees sometimes the amount of helping hands suck.

Management and machinery

Undervalued as an employee by management, favorites, and mistreatment. Machinery would always break down every single shift, and we'd be stuck with high amounts of stress with very little pay.

McDonald's insights

Based on 59,152 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible

just terrible. miserable environment. terrible managers. terrible pay. makes your mental state worse upon clocking in. does not cater to people with physical or mental disability’s.

Pros

Cons

the job

Not the best!

I worked at a franchised one and it was all around a horrible experience i would have loved to tell people to go to a different job if it didnt mean risking my job. We would get paid bonus on holidays whenever they seemed fit for them (financially). Im not sure how corporate works but i know franchise will lookout for itself and its pockets before its people.

Pros

Making friends and giving the customers a laugh on a bad day

Cons

Drama, bad pay, risk of being fired even with Dr. Notes, etc

it’s cool and fun

overall it’s pretty cool and fun, seeing all the people order is crazy especially on days we’re it’s a rush. i would recommend this job simply because it is straightforward and easy to learn

Easy going staff

Everyone was nice and caring, family like environment. I didn’t like that we were assigned jobs that weren’t in our criteria but other than that it was pretty chill.

Pros

Discount lunch

Cons

Rude manager

Easy

This Job is great for those starting in the work force and what not. Breaks with free meals is nice, some cool employees made some friends there managment varies.

Not the best

Management is horrible, never scheduled on days I have requested and don't respect their workers. Owners of store doesn't appreciate staff and their hard work.

Too much

Short staffed and management doesn't give overtime. Not appreciated. Got cursed out by customer and I got suspended for 3 days, no pay..because I didn't act "appropriately" for customer.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Management sucks, no overtime, Healthcare sucks

Fun Workplace

This was my very first job at the age of 15. It’s a great job for teenagers in high school or young adults that are looking for work. The management was good and the job was fun.

Productive and friendly work environment with understanding managers

I was lucky enough to work at a McDonald’s where managers understood you trained you and taught you everything you needed to know would recommend it.

Pros

Pay Mangers coworkers

Cons

Nice co workers and easy tasks

Fairly decent work experience, nice for a first job. Customers are a bit rude and impatient though. They didn't have very flexible schedules, it was just whenever they needed you, didn't feel like I had much say in my schedule.

Pros

Free lunches, co workers

Cons

Customers, not very flexible schedule

fun workplace

i love it here great coworkers and comfortable working environment. Enjoy the free food and flexible hours and the pay is good for the amount of work i do

Busy, very stressful and fun for someone who likes to do a lot

I really liked it here only because of the e people I worked with really, I was always very nice and it was fun meeting so many new faces in the same day, sometimes. Many times I was left to do two jobs at once so that could be draining for most but this was only due to low staff. It is a learning experience but I loved my store.

Pros

Free $9, fun, busy

Cons

Draining

Fun workplace good pay for the job

The job isn’t too hard and doesn’t take too much brain power. There’s always some customers who make trouble in some kind of way but the managers usually take your side if you are not in the wrong

great for a first job but...

This is a good job for young kids or people who have trouble finding a job for whatever reason (no judgement here). My time at Mds was very memorable and that was only because the people that I met along the way the job was very easy once you learn the ropes. If you learn how to do too much the will stretch you out like a rubber band and it will get really old really fast. If you want to work a set shift whatever you do, DO NOT CLOSE. You will end up working hours over your scheduled time and you wont be able to leave until your area is clean.

Pros

Discounted lunches.

Cons

Tiny raises if they feel like giving you one

Mentally draining work experience

There were some days or shifts I had that were pretty chill but most days were pretty hectic. It was not a good way to start off in the "real world" They never took any taxes out in my paycheck and only my paycheck. They were always on me about being faster (even though I was always being fast most of the time), and always asked me to do multiple things at one time. Breaks were really inconsistent, meaning you would get an early break one day and a late break the next. We were really understaffed for most days especially nights, so I'd have to stay after plenty of times for them.

Awful Management

It’s McDonalds. It’s never going to be perfect. However this one needs a management overhaul. If you like getting yelled at this is a place to be I guess. I’ve worked worse but I’ve also worked better.

It was okay

It was a job, very bottom of barrel be prepared to be walked over by the big guys, not much else. Customers treat you like you are a robot. Leave when you can

Pros

Money

It’s McDonald’s

It’s going to be rough, get this as your first job to motivate you through the rest. Customers are always mean, managers can be good or bad. Do your job and persevere.

Great co-workers, poor management

It’s one of the highest paying starting jobs in town, but it’s miserable because the managers tell you to “suck it up” whenever you have any issues regarding the work place.

Common questions about McDonald's

Answered by current and former employees at McDonald's

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McDonald's.
Powered byComparably