McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 8,103 reviews matching the search See all 25,863 reviews
great place to work
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2019
Great place to learn about different backgrounds, great career opportunity, value, you learn a different thing every day, learn how to work in a team and who to handle customers
McDonalds is more for young teens
Restaurant Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 19, 2019
I would only recommended this job to first time workers. Mostly young teens and young adults. Management is mostly veteran workers who moved up. You will work most holidays.
just a starter
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2019
if you work at mcdonalds you should know what to expect honestly its good and bad but its fast food u can get hours if you want and its not a very hard job overall sometimes its gets really busy but hey its mcdonalds
Pros
free food
Cons
its mcdonals
It’s a very friendly workspace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 19, 2019
It was fun to go to work everyday. Everyone there was friendly.also the mangers never gave us a hard time. I learned that if you make friends at work you’ll never get bored.
It was fun
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2019
Everyone got along
Everyone worked good together
No bias
Was can talk and work
Different cultures
Enjoy holidays together
Fun but stricked work place
It's A Good Place To Start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 19, 2019
McDonald's was my first job and it was a good one. They trained me at a good pace and I got good training shifts so I never felt too overwhelmed. The coworkers were also nice and welcoming.
Fast Paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNJune 19, 2019
McDonald's is a great starter job for anyone looking to get experience. Everything is fast paced and you learn how to deal with stressful situations and tension with customers.
Great starter job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJune 19, 2019
This is a great place to work if you are just starting out. It teaches you how to interact with customers, clean around the store, and handle money. Everyone was very friendly while working here.
Pros
Friendly, easy, fun
Cons
lack of hours
Okay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, FLJune 19, 2019
It is a good job to start out with. Like any other job you just have to do your part. You will have slams; remain calm and productive as possible. Some managers suck, but you are there fir the money and the experience. It is not my ideal career job, but crew members expectations: Back cash, runner, table, and window are not hard. But only if you make it hard.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 19, 2019
a typical day at work would be a very busy day which tends to go by fast because of all the customers. The management is good, the managers are always productive and always listen to what you have to say regarding your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to conversate with some of the older customers because they can tell you alot about the store that you never knew of becauss they have been shopping here for so long.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
Healthcare
Nice coworkers who help add a stress relieving element to the stressful and fast paced environment
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2019
Pretty nice place with nice people. The co-workers are always looking out for your best interest. The customers are usually horrible towards you unfortunately and don't care about anyone but themselves.
Worked as team member, fun greeting an asisting the customers, took time to make the work place special to the customers that attended as seniors.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJune 19, 2019
Dress as required, use manners, take orders correctly, listen well, answer to best ability, clean areas, greet an say good bye an come again, be on time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minute break
Fun Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 19, 2019
It was a great experience with customers and the staff was really great and showed great amounts of care with each individual by doing their best with the customers food and the customers time spent there.
Good summer job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 19, 2019
It was a good summer job to have before I went to college. Some managers made working there not so fun, and others were amazing. Night shift managers always seem to be the coolest.
Pros
Always on the move, time goes by fast, and could usually get more hours because people called out.
Cons
Stressful, certain managers didn't train proper or help, and very tiring.
A good first job, my store wasn’t the best.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 19, 2019
It was just poorly managed by some of the managers. It was clean and nice service (usually), but some people break under stress (become rude) and these people were managers.
It was an unprofessional environment.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 19, 2019
It was an unprofessional environment. Unfortunately there was little to no room for advancement, and lots of decisions based on bias. It was not a job I would recommend to anybody with other options.
Pros
One free crew meal depending on how many hours you worked that day.
Cons
Lack of any benefits. Poor management. Lack of room for advancement.
constantly busy and stressful workplace
Guest Experienced Leader (Current Employee) –  TorontoJune 19, 2019
- a typical work day consists of being rushed to prepare orders
- learned how to manage money
- store managers constantly value how fast we serve food rather than the preparation
- managers will also yell at staff for not being fast and consistent
- non discrimination workplace
- flexible weekly hours
- hardest part is to keep up with how many customers we receive and to make sure every order is correct
- most enjoyable part is being able to work with close friends
Pros
deserved breaks
Cons
restricted discounts
Good First Job
CREW MEMBER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKJune 19, 2019
Working at McDonald's when I was in high school was great! I was able to devote appropriate time to my studies while earning my own money. As a teenager, this job taught me a lot about time management and responsibility. It wasn't until I had graduated high school that working there began to weigh on me. The customers could be rather hateful, the lunch rush from the schools were full of rude kids who thought they were adults, and everyone looked down on you for still working in fast food. The company offered some benefits but like with any group plan, the money came from my paycheck with wasn't even substantial enough for me to move out of my mom's house.
Fast paced , great team players
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2019
Great team leaders
all about my customers service
fast service
The manager well manners
coming to work put a smile on my face
i get along with others
Great starter job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJune 19, 2019
Good with people this is a place to be, even if your not it's a great starter job and/or for when your older and just need to make a little money. Depending on the management makes the environment. If there is a good manger that most crew like, excpt a good visit. If the manger is one most don't like... Well excpt the crew to respond to that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McDonald's.

Powered by Comparably