McDonald's Employee Reviews for Server

Found 189 reviews matching the search See all 167,915 reviews
Sometimes unfair
Server (Current Employee) –  Butler, INSeptember 28, 2019
There are some situations that were never solved, they never really cared unless I was the age under 18. Management , GM, etc. Never truly looked at the situation like they were supposed to.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Management needs work
I don't think that working at McDonald's would be a good job.
Server (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVSeptember 23, 2019
Working at McDonald's isn't one of the jobs that people would be able to live off of in my state because the minimum wage is only $8.75. McDonald's does not have a lot of opportunities for moving up and there is favorite in the work place.
Sunday morning
Table Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2019
I like working at mcdonalds
It’s a nice job
And everybody nice
I like it because I like my first experience there it’s wasn’t bad at all
And I wanna work there again
Friendly employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 20, 2019
I liked working the other than being up front, I rather like being in the back.. if given the outfit tyi work in the back as a cook or cooks helper I may have been willing to stay the longer
Stressful
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2019
A lack of communication in poor management didn't have communication orders was always wrong I was in the Drive-Thru it was crazy in there I wouldn't recommend nobody to work there
Restaurant Manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 12, 2019
Its kinda easy for me but the only thing is hard when you are need more focus because fast food always short crew. And also they dont have benefits in the other organizations
nothing good
Server (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 12, 2019
my peers were highly disrespectful. the caught attitudes like flies. they are so rude to the customers. the managers yelled at the children that came in with their parents. my peers lied a lot. people were taking money from the cash register. people would clock in and than leave and when their shift is over they would come back and clock out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and bad service
Most the mangers are just rude.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  EssexSeptember 12, 2019
So bad, all the foreign mangers are rude but nice to the foreign staff. There were a few nice people working there but was mainly foreign staff who couldn’t speak English. The business manger (shaz) covered up a incident to make it look like it was the woman’s fault but it was a unsafe metal table that they should have sorted after many of the staff pointed out. Just not the best place to work.
The work pleace was good but need to be fair to their employes
Cashier/ Waiter (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 9, 2019
I had a good time working there. The employees are god to each other if someone need help the other person would help with no problem and teach them if needed.
Cons
not good at managing the hours
The mangers are rude and you dnt get the 40hrs poor service
Server (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 6, 2019
They dnt respect you they yell for no reason and exspect you to do about everything when they short handed its very stressful and give the kids thats in school more satisfaction which is not far they only be since when they need you to come in on your off day
Hard worker
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 1, 2019
I learned how to respect others even though I'm having a bad day not at work but just my day ain't going right the most enjoyable part about working at McDonalds was to see a person smile even though they day not going right u da reason to make somebody smile by your actions towards them
Poor management and staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Westport, INAugust 26, 2019
Poor pay, bad treatment, and unfair treatment, rude, disrespectful, unprofessional, unorganized, food safety hazards, and overall a poorly run store..
It is an okay job
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 25, 2019
McDonald's is really fast paced and it is good place to work if u are still in school. I learned customer service and help me get over my shyness.But sometimes it can hectic.i also made friendships.
I use to love this job
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 2, 2019
This job establishment was also a good worki g enviornment it was fast paced so i stayed busy but it was also a manageable job as well. Being a cashier also helps you with your people skills
It was a terrible place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Newberg, ORJuly 28, 2019
I would get yelled at for not going quick enough when I was doing the best I could and managers were rude and extremely disorganized. I would be working fast and doing good and still get yelled at by one of the managers. Some of the managers were very rude for no reason and there was a lot of work drama. Some of my coworkers were definitely treated differently because they were liked more by certain managers.
A whole lot of fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJuly 27, 2019
I worked there for awhile and became friends with my managers, and they always helped me find better and faster ways to do things. They made it hard to leave. But all-around good vibes.
Supportive, busy workplace
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAJuly 17, 2019
I served customers (took food to their tables). I cleaned the dining area.
I stocked the supplies in the dining area. I cleaned food trays, and emptied trash.
Nice and had a lot of communication involved.
Server (Current Employee) –  Richton Park, ILJuly 1, 2019
The overall feel of working here for such a short time was nice and friendly. To be completely honest the job wasn't right for me, not due to the team or the customers but the seven hour work day with only a thirty minute break.
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIJune 13, 2019
Asst Manager in training. Great company. Great people to work with. Friendly trust worthy. Respectful. Training is very good. Alot of training but it was worth it. Company is very flexible .
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Long shifts
Its not completely horrible. Personally i just dont like working fast food.
Restaurant Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAMay 31, 2019
Management is actually pretty great. They work with ya on what hours you can or cant work. They were always pretty good bout that. The only problem was cleaning the play area with its own bathroom. Its so big and give you an hour to clean it. Sometimes it would take longer to clean and they would wonder why it takes so long to do.
Pros
You get a great discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

542.8K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McDonald's.

Powered by Comparably