McAfee Employee Reviews

McAfee Intern
Plano Mayor's Internship (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 12, 2018
I interned there over the Summer last year. Everyone was extremely kind and supportive of our goals for our future. I definitely miss my internship there.
Pros
Paid Internship, helpful advice from staff
Okay
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 9, 2018
A typical work day answering client questions via email and client meetings, preparing aging for client meetings. Day to day I work in excel and our ERP systems.

The work culture is great with a good balance of work life.

The hardest part of my job is getting here.

The enjoyable is my co-workers.
Supportive Workplace
Director, Product Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 2, 2018
Great place to work. Innovative, supportive culture, lots of projects to dabble and learn. Friendly and smart people. Consumer facing products, top notch security company to work.
Poor Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 24, 2018
McAfee recently spun off of Intel with new management and it is totally different from the old McAfee prior to Intel. Micro-managment from the top down, no trusting their employees, continually taking away benefits and lack of advancement. People are being laid off and leaving on their own due to management.
Pros
unlimited PTO, currently free drinks and some food
Cons
poor management, lack of advancement, lots of turnover
Great place to work, but recent changes brought instability
Executive Customer Assistance Team (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 5, 2018
Great place to work, but recent changes brought instability that leaves fear in ability to advance career. Management across teams are not aligned in creating balance for company and consumers, creating further conflict.
McAfee is a great place to work
Director Operations (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 13, 2018
McAfee's SR management understand the market place and what it will take to make McAfee #1 in network security market for both hardware and software sales.
McAfee is not what it used to be
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 12, 2018
Prior to the integration into Intel, McAfee was a great place to work After the divestiture from Intel, McAfee is struggling to keep up with the demands of becoming a stand alone company.
McAfee is a good place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 1, 2018
I worked there for only a year but I liked the culture, the people, my supervisor was very knowledgeable and considerate, people were young but very responsible, good system reporting (SAP).
Pros
great culture and work environtment
Cons
Not too many really
Very focused on Cloud and Enterprise Cyber Security
Marketing, IT, and Sales activities (Former Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 15, 2018
McAfee was OK for sales as an Enterprise rep calling on CIO/CISO.

What was not good was roles outside of the Enterprise Sales were challenging. So my time as OEM Sales and Siemens Sales were challenging.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Support of roles outside of Enterprise Sales
Review
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandFebruary 1, 2018
This organization, from a go to market strategy, just can not seem to get it together. In 3 fiscal years, there have been 3 sales strategies and they still have not figured it out and I have had 3 managers. The culture now that TPG has bought a %51 stake in the company, is deteriorating. Marketing lacks and the channel program is truly fulfillment only. There definitely is a culture of the good old boys/girls club as managers play favorites.
Pros
Decent benefits, decent products, people are overall good to work with
Cons
See summary review
Reasonably good company to work for
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Good company with lots of room for growth now that it is stable again. It was previously under the umbrella of Intel Security and has now moved to be its own company once again.
Enjoyed working at McAfee
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2018
Although going through turbulence of spinning out of Intel, McAfee is definately on the right road and doing all the right things to grow their business, improve their security product offerings and increase customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great People, great products
Cons
some management changes due to evolution of the company
Long ago
Web UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Produced Web components of a successful new product launch that helped bring company back to profitability. Update and design of channel marketing website. Support corporate and intranet websites.
McAfee
SOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work, a real laid back and inviting environment to be in. They always try to get the most out of their workers whether by incentives or perks.
What company cannot foresee a layoff only 6 months out?
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 7, 2017
Just avoid this place unless you're ok with being laid off with a batch of other great people not long after you are hired, work your butt off and prove your value. The method of layoff was incredibly cruel and insincere, too.
Positive culture
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 13, 2017
Positive culture, great place to interact and learn from co-workers. Management always willing to ensure that you are challenged in your job to make you a success.
Look elsewhere
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2017
Poor planning, oversight, and general performance of the "leadership" have led to an overall decline in quality of life here at McAfee. McAfee, prior to the Intel takeover, was a fantastic place to work with few complaints throughout the organization. At this point I'd recommend seeing what else is out there before jumping on the Intel/McAfee bandwagon.
Good work life balance.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St, Paul MNSeptember 28, 2017
McAfee made healthy living a priority by offering a free healthy living program. They used to also conduct fitness challenges to motivate employees to get up and move (prizes and drawings awarded to participants).
Meh
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 5, 2017
CEO is smart and inspirational, but is a poor judge of character. Some of his direct reports are dopes and/or lackies.

Decisions are made in a vacuum.

Marketing is a train wreck.

McAfee is now owned by private equity, which means there are no options, RSUs, or ESPP. Employees are working for wages alone.

Because of the private equity ownage, the company's singular focus is increased revenue and decreased cost.
Wasn't fun for me, but now owned by Intel
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 1, 2017
So, even though my experience wasn't that great, things may have changed since 2010. When other employees had personal issues with me, they covertly undermined my work and offered bad reports to HR and other management functions. I had to leave because of the stress it caused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAfee. Our community is ready to answer.