McAlester Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awful! Not much good to say!
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 15, 2018
Upper mgt are liars. Executives don’t listen or communicate. They take raises and bonuses and we can’t get anything but sent home. HR is horrible. They are not friendly or helpful. HR is a freakin joke. The nurses think they run the place and are demeaning to other staff. Seems most people just want to gossip about everyone. Culture is horrible, very unprofessional and high school like. If you’re a high performer, it’s like they push you out...threatened maybe. But hey if you’re a low performer you will get raise after raise and promotion after promotion. They want to sell you on being like a family but they will cut your legs out from underneath you to get ahead. You cannot trust anyone. Work should not be like this. Everyday scared if you still have a job. CEO makes you walk on eggshells. And HR does not have your back. HR is supposed to be there and advocate for the employee and they are all just “yes men” for the executives.
Pros
Made some friends.
Cons
Communication. Staffing is low. Culture. Benefits.
Always changing policies
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 12, 2018
They are the worst about the blame game! Upper administration never wants to take the blame for their wrong doing!! Employees are never asked what would benefit them only what the people in hr would want or benefit from.
Excellent Staff!
Director (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMay 21, 2018
Quest to control and manage other regional healthcare facilities is given priority over funding needed for internal hospital operations. Most area physicians avoid the hospital and send patients to Muskogee and Tulsa.
Pros
Employment avaiable to local area residents.
Cons
Hours cut due to decreasing census.
Poor communication with management and administration
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKApril 16, 2018
Administration does not understand everything going on therefore things don’t get done the way they need to be. The pay rate is not up to the standard cost of living.
Fast Paced Work
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKApril 4, 2018
In materials management the work was not stressful. Working directly with the operating room manager was excellent. The culture was fast paced and sometimes stressful in the event of an emergency.
Medical Accounting knowledge learned.
Sr. Staff Accountant, Treasury Management (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKMarch 4, 2018
Productive work place to learn knowledge of Medical Accounting.
Long Hours, no additional rewards.
Accounting Team, very friendly, knowledgeable about their field of work.
Co workers were great
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 22, 2018
Loved the people I worked with, benefits were good, compensation was good, they have tuition assistance if you meet certain requirements, different levels of insurance to choose from.
An educational environment and a team player staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 13, 2018
Assessment of patients, administer medications, monitoring of patients, wound care, diabetes care, IVs stick and care, peg tube feedings and care, hanging fluids and medications and various other nursing duties.
Pros
Place to obtain good nursing experience
Cons
Low census
Very organized facility and team
Clinical Work (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKFebruary 2, 2018
As a student, the time I spent there was very educational. I learned the basics of Surgical Technologist roles and responsibilities. There was amazing communication and teamwork.
Pros
Busy schedule to make the time fly by
Cons
Surgical Technology pay was lower than most facilities
Productive work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJanuary 13, 2018
Loved the job working in medical. Got my bachelor's in health information management because of this job. Hours were good and flexible. Loved working doing birth certificates.
Pros
Good hours and flexible pay
Cons
I was finishing college and couldnt work as much.

Want to know more about McAlester Regional Health Center?

Ask a question
New nurse
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKDecember 20, 2017
New nurse, learned the basics, very nervous and unsure o self, learned a lot and learned different types of people, whish I could do it all over again.
its ok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 17, 2017
been pretty easy. a lot different than what im use too. had a high turnover rate. so new faces all the time. learning new ways of people is always challenging
Great place to work because of the people
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 7, 2017
I enjoy working at McAlester because of the people I work with and the patients I see. I learned a lot from this hospital because it's a teaching hospital and I respect that. The patient load was about 8-10 patients a day per tech. I enjoy a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with HR about getting raises with each registry. The most enjoyable part was the close knit family we became in my time working there and teaching students to better their future career.
Pros
We have lunch and learns where we discuss recent interesting cases
Cons
Hardly ever get a lunch
Absolutely a hot mess! HR is terrible. Very good ole boy attitude and not professional at all. HR is like high school click, joke.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 14, 2017
Do not work this facility, drive if you must! Absolutely a horrible experience. Need to clean house in HR and nursing supervisors. Absolutely no confidentiality with supervisors. Staff work unsafe ratios. They absolutely do not care about the nurses..and don't dare voice your opinion or disagree..if you just say yes you will go far! If I could give it zero stars I would
Pros
Cons
Everything ..HR is horrific
I love my job and work family!
RN (Current Employee) –  Critical CareJuly 10, 2017
MRHC is a very family oriented work place! Managers are very helpful & team oriented. Administrative team is supportive and transparent. Physician and nursing staff are the best care team individuals that I've ever worked with in my healthcare career.
Pros
Our work family is amazing!
Cons
Building updates and facelift for some departments are needed.
The nurse leadership team is a very visible, supportive and dynamic team.
RN (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 10, 2017
One of the best nurse leadership teams I have ever worked for. I love my job at MRHC! I have worked in many different areas at MRHC and have enjoyed each position. Great facility to learn and grow as a nurse.
Pros
Great support system, visible leadership and true teamwork atmosphere.
Cons
Needs some updates in old infrastructure
Awesome with working with you on schedules and taking into consideration your family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 10, 2017
MRHC has worked hard to make it the hospital of choice for Southeastern Oklahoma. They truely care about their patients, families and employees. They are adding/ extending services that are much needed in this area. The nurse manager is a great resource and takes care of the nurses hospital wide. Nurses are supported from the Top down!
Pros
Great co- workers and supportive leadership
Cons
hospital is older and needs some updating
A great team!
Med/Surg RN (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 10, 2017
Great teamwork in a family atmosphere! Our nurse to patient ratios are some of the best in the state. My manager is hands on and ensures that her staff and patients are safe and satisfied.
Pros
Excellent PTO and health and wellness programs
Cons
Clean but needs some updating on the building
Most unstable Administration
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 27, 2017
The only consistency is inconsistency. Marketing is allowed spending that is rediclus. Administration allows reconstruction in areas that did not need construction, by doing so the hospital is over three million dollar in debt. Employees have lost their jobs do to Administrative decisions to cut costs.
McAlister nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CreateJune 20, 2017
They were pretty good at having enough staff the work environment was kept clean and quiet. They had a Union but it not the best I also like how they show the staff there appreciation by doing special events for the staff members. Another thing they could really need to promote respect and team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlester Regional Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

McAlester Regional Health Center Reviews by Location