McAlister's Deli Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,296 reviews matching the search See all 1,299 reviews
Very stressful, barely any respect, poor managent.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 19, 2018
They don’t train very well, make assumptions about what you’ve called out for, not patient, talk down about their employees instead of trying to help them, and is not a very friendly environment.
Pros
70% discount
Cons
Schedule you last minute for shift change
Day in the Life
Team Member-Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 18, 2018
A typical day would be to make sure all the employees were on time. The guests who purchased the product were happy and the Deli was clean. Keeping the employees happy along with good management was a priority. Managing the entire store and the money within along with doing the paper work and ordering necessary to keep the business running smoothly.
Overall enjoyable workplace
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 17, 2018
A typical day for me was pretty nice. I arrived shortly after the store opened and was typically assigned side-server duties for most of the day.
I learned the value of elbow-grease and how nice it is to work with other employees who were willing to work just as hard. Management was not always courteous or respectful, but overall I feel that management was productive and did their jobs well in respects to employees and customers.
The workplace culture was amicable and it was enjoyable to be a part of the staff.
The hardest part of the job was the demands to come in for different shifts on relatively short notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job was certainly the people I had the opportunity to work with and the interesting people I had the pleasure to serve.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive workplace with great managers
Team Member/Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 17, 2018
McAlister's Deli has helped me mature in so many ways. It was my very first job and it has taught me good customer service. The managers are very friendly and will help us with whatever we need. They work very well with my schedule, considering I am in college. I enjoy working with my coworkers. I have made some great friends through this job. There can definitely be drama, but there's drama in all workplaces.
Pros
30% discount, works well with schedule
hated it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
people were rude, employees and customers. it is an easy job if your looking for a first time job or a nice little side job but please don't pick this as a full tiem
Very stressful work
Food Preparation Worker (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 16, 2018
At McAlisters you are expected to do a lot of work which can become very stressful, you don’t get breaks even when you work 6+ hours, not allowed to eat at all, and people get away with pretty much everything which becomes very annoying.
Pros
Discounted food, fun people to work with
Cons
No breaks, not allowed to eat for 5+ hours
Great environment
Cashier\server (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 16, 2018
Very people friendly, clean, great atmosphere, good food. Work around schedule hours. Never rude or disrespectful. Really quick to get the customers what they need.
It was a okay place to work there were a few managers there that were informative and helpful
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 16, 2018
It is a great place for teens to work to get work experience. There is jenn that is in management that make sure there is fairness in the work place and that everyone works.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Slow work environment
good environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 15, 2018
This job requires you to move at a quick pace, carry more than one item, and customer service skills. The job culture was okay and thats off of a personal experience overall nice employees and staff
Stressful environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 14, 2018
You wouldn’t want to work here if your a hard worker .. it goes unnoticed and unappreciated . You only move up if your close with the managers . Doesn’t matter if you’ve been a hard worker for 5 years and know the front and back of the house and train the new people

Want to know more about McAlister's Deli?

Ask a question
Fun, team building, collaborative work place.
crew member (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working here and customers were so sweet and loved coming due to the southern hospitality shown there. Everyone was greeted with a smile. I loved coming into work and meeting my co workers. Everyone helped and did their part. Really great managers and owners.
Pros
Hours, pay, time off when asked if extra, understanding.
Cons
Not to many cons actually.
Poor organization among management and employees, great co-workers
Front of House Employee/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2018
I was employed by McAlister's for 4 years. I never once had a raise or any benefits added despite usually working 30-40 hrs a week. Management was usually disorganized save a select few great managers.
Pros
30% discount on days you work, 15% on days you don't.
Cons
More concern about money than genuine service.
productive fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work would begin with me getting the store ready to open at 10:30. I learned that there are ALOT of unprofessional General Managers. Workplace culture... employee morale is very low. there was not any part of the job that was hard for me to do. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
It’s alright for a first job I suppose
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILJuly 10, 2018
I liked most of the people I worked with and our general manager is a great guy. We aren’t aloud to accept tips and you don’t get paid enough for what you tolerate. I’d recommend it more to a teen than I would an adult because half of the employees are lazy and try to brush off work on you so they can talk to each other.
Pros
You get ten percent off when you don’t work and thirty percent off when you do work
Cons
Low pay and high stress
Work Enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed for the most part the atmosphere and people I worked with. The general manager was an amazing person who was always available to discuss any issues I was having. The work pace was steady and there was always something to be done. I only left due to location and myself relocating.
It’s a great job for someone that’s just starting in the work busness
Host, server (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 7, 2018
It’s a good food job it’s not stressful really. The managers are great. The pay was decent. Everyone is nice there. I liked it while I was there. You get hands on training .
Great employees
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Killeen txJuly 4, 2018
Great fast-paced environment. Genuine hospitality is their number one goal. Opportunities for job-advancement. Get to listen to music, very big plus!!!!
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
no breaks/healthcare
Fun to interact with guest
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 4, 2018
Working there was great interactive with the guest was great making jokes with your staff was fun laughing working hard trying to make every guest great
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
A fun plce to work but if work is slow you will be sent home.There aren't enough hours because this is a place that people come mostly for lunch and not dinner
Not Bad
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INJuly 3, 2018
McAlister's isn't a bad place to work for. The management is nice and if you have things going on in your life they seem to care and want to help. The downside if that they mostly employ kids whom aren't always reliable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAlister's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight