Mcbride Orthopedic Hospital Employee Reviews

LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2018
Worked closely with arthritis doctor, learned a lot about different meds infused medications for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. Drew blood and the different types of arthritis out there.
Pros
Cons
Dr moved
Great place for independent contract worker
Medical Transcription Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2018
Working fill-in contract work at home. Schedule is flexible and work load is great. Supervisor and other transcriptions are great to work with. I enjoy working for this company.
Review of my time at mcbride
OKC, Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2018
I do love the people I work with on a daily basis. There is little to no room from climbing the ladder in career development at mcbride.

I think the company is overstaffed in management and understaffed in pt care employees.
Pros
Healthcare is resonable
Cons
Respiratory dept is overlooked and underpaid
Great hospital with great staff!
Staffing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2018
Loved working here, was a great place for the 6 years there.

Staff is dedicated and the longevity of employee status is amazing; room to grow within company for advancement.
5 star facility.
Sterile Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2018
Best place to work in the Oklahoma City area.
#1 in Othopedic Surgery. Employee recognition is awesome .
Physician owned. Great benefits ! Growing by leaps & bounds!
Pros
Great food! Excellent physicians and staff!
Cons
No covered parking
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 30, 2017
McBride is a great place to work with excellent benefits. The culture is wonderful and very friendly. The company is very flexible with its employees as far as taking off work for important reasons
Pros
Occationally free lunches
Good benefits
RN Pre-op, PACU, Pain management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 6, 2017
Overall good place to work. Great 401k and profit sharing. Some nurses are more team players than others. Supervisor would micro manage, but not help when short staffed.
McBride Orthopedic is good place to work but very poor management
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
McBride Orthopedic Hospital is good place to work but is very poor management, when I was work there I very enjoyed the only thing I don't like when they don't have much patient they send the employee home and you don't get overtime.
Energetic, specialized but exclusive OR
OR RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2017
Excellent surgeons, good learning opportunities. Exclusive environment (good or bad)? Low pay, but good benefits. Little advancement opportunities..
Pros
specialized
Cons
management
Productive work environment
Dietary Lead (Current Employee) –  9600 N Broadway extMay 12, 2017
Doesn't get any better, everything a potential employee would want and expect a Job to Provide. Mcbride offers employee of the Month incentives. Employee referral bonuses. Employee Banquet. And a list of over the top employee derived assistance.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Floor staff fun to work with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2017
Management didn't make time for staff concerns. No possibilities for advancement. Continuing education lacked and communication with management was poor. Doctors were wonderful and floor staff great to work with!
This is a great estibalishment to work for.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2016
My review on McBride is that it is the best working environment to ever work in. If you love to work in an friendly, family type of environment McBride is for you.
Received great experience
Respiratory Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2016
Worked with many types of patients with a variety of injuries. Great experience opportunity to handle any type of situation that may arise.
Pros
Gunshot, stabbings, traumas
Cons
Negative atmoshere
don't ask for help
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 4, 2016
never ask for help from any of the other techs or the unit clerk, you will never get it!
got more help from the nurses; who complain when they get more then 3 patients... techs can be stretched out with 10 patients and running all over the place like crazy people and if they ask for help, or tell the uc that they are busy with a patient when they page you for 4 other patients back to back-- HA!
if you're working with "particular " people, you coulndnt get help if you were life depended on it.
and forget about taking a lunch break
Pros
nurse appreciation week
Cons
no breaks
My Thoughts
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2015
My typical day involves coding, purging scanned records, and other duties as needed. The management could be better. I don't feel as if the employees are treated fairly across the board. Some are allowed to bend the rules, while others are scolded for breaking them. The hardest part of my job is feeling that I'm not doing what I was hired on to do. Most of my time is spent scanning or doing other tasks instead of coding. The most enjoyable part of my job has been to expand my knowledge of ICD-10.
Good job to have.
Radiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2015
Great people to work with. Average pay, with new equipment. Starting a new work in Oklahoma City. Getting Xray on the map for the city.
Pros
New Equipment
Cons
Lots of pressure.
Good job, some issues.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
I think in most instances you have to take the good with the bad. This company has excellent benefits, and really good pay. There is really no opportunity for advancement in the business office aspect. There might be some, but employees that are advanced from where most people work, are there for life. I enjoy some of my work mates. But there are some problems with productivity from some employees. As a result, everyone else has to take up the slack. We are a bit short handed, so if someone is not pulling their weight, we really feel it. Supervisory staff seems to care, and will help when there are problems.
Pros
Awesome benefits and pay
Cons
No advancement opportunities available
busy all the time
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2015
Very busy, deal with all kind of patience and there personality, I worked with good co-worker. The hardest part was keeping thing
going and not getting back up. the most enjoyable part was the end of the day.
Pros
Cons
not long enough break
Busy orthopedic hospital
Unit Clerk/Nurses Aide/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City OKAugust 18, 2015
Reviewed the charts with new and old orders. Filing lab/xray reports in charts, coping charts for outside rehabs. There was a tremendous turnover in the nursing/management staff. In the two years I had 4 nurse supervisors. Enjoyed working with the drs.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the drs
Cons
Sometimes did not get lunch or breaks
Great Company to work for
Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2015
It's kind of cliche to say, but this company does truly care about its employees. After the Moore Tornado, I was given more than enough time to recover, without having to use my PTO or lose any pay. The company culture is very much one of a family.