MCCA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Growing professional organization
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 6, 2018
MCCA provides valuable services to people who are in very difficult life situations. I work in a group that has multiple functions and there is always something new and interesting happening. I enjoy my co-workers and I am learning quite a bit and have had ample opportunity to train and learn new systems. I am putting extra effort into it because I know that is what it takes. I have experienced very fair managers, who care seriously about both our clients and their employees. I will admit it is challenging to provide services to our clients within the scope of limited (non-profit) funding, and with the many complex rules and regulations that the funding agencies at all levels (Federal, State, and private) require the employees and company to follow. Unfortunately, this is something that is inherent in the behavioral health services industry, not just specific to MCCA. I am very happy with my position and am looking forward to staying at MCCA and learning more to help people learn to help themselves.
Pros
Co-workers, location and diversity of thought and scope of work
Cons
Government regulations and restrictions
Productive and Professional Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 23, 2018
I like the department that I work at, because I've learn a lot from my supervisor. She trusts me and she does not micromanage. I know my responsibilities and I get them done in a timely manner. While at MCCA, I've been able to get pay raises and promotions. I believe that this job will give you what you put into it. Its a great place and the staff are professional.
Pros
enviroment, staff, 401K and profit sharing
Cons
health insurance
You get what you give
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 13, 2018
I’ve worked at MCCA for 4 years now. I believe that the way you view any company is more of a reflection of the type of employee you are. Throughout my journey I’ve been promoted, ive been asked to sit in on meetings to develop the company, I’ve been given second chances by upper management, I’ve been acknowledged for my hard work, and I’ve been given a raise every year. I do believe that what you put in is what you get back. This company has embraced my ideas, some of which are now implemented agency wide, and my directors/manager (I’ve had three) have always helped me and been concerned on how they can help me grow as not only an individual but an employee. With that being said it’s hard work, it can be stressful but I never feel micromanaged. The new CEO is great, and has already given us 2 snow days this year, in which we haven’t had in the last 4 (other than once). I don’t plan on leaving this company any time soon. I like working for MCCA and I love my coworkers.
Pros
Managers, coworkers, flexible schedule & CEO
Cons
Health benefits, need better training for new employees
repspect and the words "good job" go a long way
counselor IV (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 23, 2018
I have had a great experience working at MCCA thus far. Maybe its location. Working in one of the smaller offices we have closed staff bonds and good relationships. My supervisor is great to work with. he is helpful and open and approachable. I am able to do my work without being micro managed, but also with relevant feedback for improvement. I have worked at several agencies in this area and they all have their pros and cons, But I have felt welcomes her from day one. My supervisor tell you when you are doing a good job and makes me feel at ease when I think i'm doing something wrong. My co-workers always have an open door for questions and have made my transition very easy. However I wish the pay was weekly rather than bi-weekly, lunches were longer because well u cant do much in 30 minutes, and that there was more consideration for bad weather conditions. All in all the good has outweighed the bad thus far. I had a job with 13 paid holidays, hour lunches, fully paid health care, weekly pay, and a 10 % 403 B match... and I would stay at MCCA before I retuned to that place... environment is everything :)Positivity breeds positivity ..the job is what you make it.
Pros
supervisor, co-workers
Cons
short lunches, bi-weekly pay, wokring in snow storms
Boring ,slow, heartless staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 22, 2018
I was there a month today, the communication with the staff is HORRIBLE and I was trying to learn new computer system and other staff would not help me learn at all. Most of administrative staff were heartless towards clients. Any time you asked a question for help I would get major attitude.

Would Never refer anyone else to work there!!!!
Horrible place no training girls caddy and everyone talks about everyone and no talking allowed at all
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 19, 2017
Horrible place everyone talks about everyone not professional at all alot of favoritism. You could get a better job temping. They pretend to be friendly then talk about anyone and they upper management doesn't care who is around.
Pros
The potential to be very rewarding but needs improvement.
Substance Disorder Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 23, 2017
MCCA, Inc. is a very interesting company. On one note you get to see a lot of amazing things. You get to see clients come in and experience a change in a very profound level. On the other hand, you have to work with management which can sometimes work against you and what you have to do for the clients.

Forst and foremost you need to be here for the clients. The reason this is because there are a lot of factors that make it difficult to work here. The pay is not competitive. All positions I've noticed in this company are not paid competitively. They say that they are but I haven't really seen it. Techs, Nurses, Counselors, all are paid below the average for their respected fields. The only areas I am not sure how they are paid are in executive management. Many areas in the company lack proper training and most of your training is learned on the job. I feel most people feel uneasy with this approach because they don't want to make mistakes. For me personally this approach worked for me because in my job it allowed me to come up with an approach that worked best for me and my clients. I generally wasn't redirected much in a lot of manners so I assumed that I was seen as a productive member of the team.

Management needs improvement. They can sometimes have a general expectation of something but is unclear of what the deliverables are. There is a lot of give and take. I believe management understands how to run this facility better but they are unwilling to do so because some other issue is preventing them to act on it.

Perception is the key here and it drives employee
  more... culture. It is perceived that the company is rolling in cash and that they are unwilling to spend money to run this company properly. Perhaps they are not. I didn't work at a level where I could fully understand the challenges the company faced. Though I feel they could communicate with employee better and in a more effective way.

Bottom line is this. MCCA can be a good job for people who love working in this field and can roll with the challenges this field can face. As long as you maintain a positive attitude and be more team focused it can be a rewarding job for you. The problem is that pretty much all aspects of this makes it difficult.
Pros
Seeing change in an addicted client
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hours, Managment
All these negative reviews are accurate
Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2017
Disappointed in this company. It's clearly all about the money. Front desk staff are expected to learn without proper training and time. Hourly rate is between 13-15 an hour with tremendous amount of work. Therapists are overworked and are not appreciated.
Pros
Director
Cons
10 plus work hrs a day, high caseload, no trainings, low pay, 30 min break, poor safety.
Don't do it! Trust me!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMarch 23, 2017
This company are not compassionate at all! They don't care about you. They're a heartless company.. They expect you to know everything without proper training. They treat employee poorly.
Mcca
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 9, 2017
Friendly staff and good work environment. Good place to start in the mental health field. Outpatient management needs improvement. No bonus's, no raises, no money.
Pros
People
Cons
Money and management
Waste of Time.
Receptionist, Admin Ast, Substance Disorder Tech,  (Former Employee) –  Danbury, Waterbury, Sharon, KentJuly 5, 2013
A typical day working for MCCA, especially Trinty Glen, is trying to figure out how come they have rules and no one follows them until there is a problem. Techs are the fall guys, escape goats, and people who will take the heat (and you didn't have to do it - you will be blamed). I've learned that MCCA has policy and procedures that only apply to certain people. The management and executive management are expecting more than what the staff can deliver, espcially under the primitive circumstances. Unless you've gone through the program - don't waste your degreee with them. They like to hire the people that have recovered throught he program. Saves on training, which the training in Trinity Glen is more less choose your ethics, cause none of the tech have college credits towards any degree in Social Services. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out how come the staff lies as bad as the addicts. Then again, they are all former addicts, just with power. Not worth the ride, gas money, or the effort to apply for any jobs with MCCA as they are to big, under poor operations, and one of Connecticuts biggest grants grubbers. The bed bug problem is constant and cannot seems to ever be corrected. More clients meet and have physical relationships there because it's easy to do. The food is very good, considering not all of the cooks wear gloves, or adhere to Food Service Rules. Supervisors will not support or protect their techs, at all. Kent is poorly lite in the evenings and the town is watching them because they do not want the womens program in their town. Kent  more... has bugs galore, poorly lite walking pathes to employees parking, and is a very dark and dismal place to call a place of employment. Kent Women program has a poorly constructed locked medication cabinet that should be examined by the state again. Do your homework before working for this company. The moratality rate in outpatient alone was average 1 about every other month. Should be 0!
Health benefits are horrible. HR is very ":overwhelmed" and not going out of their way to assist. Operations VP is overwhelmed. 12.00 an hour is considered "over paid".... and frowned upon.
Pros
Nothing. You pay for everything one way or another.
Cons
You pay for everything one way or another.