McCain Foods USA Employee Reviews

Very poor management
Onion Seperator (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIApril 1, 2019
The work is easy, menial and boring. Just stand there and separate onions. For 12 hours. If you can manage that you'll do fine until you have to deal with the management there. They are very petty and treat you pretty awful, if they personally don't like you they'll attack your work ethic and write negative reviews on everything. They do pay well, if you can find a way to put up with all the nonsense.
Great environment to work
Sorter Inspector (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDMarch 24, 2019
Great environment to work. Co workers are very friendly. Great potential to grow within the business. Great pay and benefits. Hardest part is the 12 hour shifts.
Okay place
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIFebruary 28, 2019
Pay was good, benefits great, work environment was okay, but management needs to be better. Job was great until now. Not enough organization. Stuff is supposed to get done, and it never does.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Bad management
Process Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIFebruary 26, 2019
I worked for people who didnt know their own jobs (freshly hired) and the irony of them evaluating me was funny. I was hired on with no leadership (manager moved to Infinity), no training (Previous coordinator moved to shift work) and when I had asked to train with the previous Process control coordinator, they had denied my request. I was basically self taught and during my first performance evaluation they made snide comments about my work ethics and lack of knowledge.

After 4 months there I was dismissed and I was happy to be gone. this is a company that doesn't give you enough training and provide you with the correct expectations. You have management who leave for 1.5 hours for lunch yet, they claim you aren't doing enough work. they are an Old boys club and love giving each other a pat on the back. If you are hired from the outside they will quickly look down on you and not give you a chance to succeed.
Your just a number.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, MEFebruary 25, 2019
The are a lot of things wrong with this place. There is too much buddy/buddy with management and employees. They do what they want to make the ones that kiss butt get better jobs. There is no sense of having a life outside the plant. If your sick they don't want you to work but will give you a incident because your not at work. They will lie to you right to your face and not even care.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Long hours, backstabbing Management
Good pay but bad management
McCain foods (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 11, 2019
Company is trying to grow to quickly. Not concerned with employees only product going out the door. Quality of product low. Hardest part of job was not being treated with respect.
Pros
good pay
Cons
push workers too hard only concerned with product out the door
McCain Foods is Family
PRE-OP QC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAFebruary 10, 2019
I’ve gotten my experience as a Quality Control tech from being at McCain Foods . Company was an awesome place . HACCP, CCPs, SOP’s , Food Safey Is what I preformed at McCain Foods as being a QC tech .
Family based company
Back Up Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 1, 2019
McCain loves to hire family members from the people who already work there. They care about their employees alot, safety meetings are one time a week. A day at work would require us to change into our work gear with smocks to prevent any foreign materials and from us getting dirty. The management is ok there, they do have 3 managers a shift but its kind of hard for them to give us answers on questions we need answers to, when they are all not there. McCain foods is a very diverse place, really respectful when it comes down to culture. McCain foods is a very easy job, i dont think it was hard at all. i enjoyed going to work everyday and loved the people i worked with.
Pros
seniority
Cons
less seniority
A Great Company to work for.
Anonyomous (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Great work Life balance. Company always willing to provide for employees family needs whenever possible. Management allows departments the freedom to run themselves.
Not a good place to work
Process Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 30, 2019
Don't care about experience. No incentive for loyalty or length of service. Decent benefits. No communication from management. No accountability. A lot of favoritism.
Benefits
Horrible Experience!!
Backup Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 24, 2019
There were never enough employees on the floor, to ever run the lines efficiently, and safely. Management has no clue whats going on, but they sure know, when the line goes down. Employees constantly being assigned to positions they are not trained on. Having only 2 weekends off per month gets old FAST!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced
Separater, back up shipper (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 21, 2019
At first they start you off working 4 hours per week the 6 hours for a week , then you do your 8 hours, the reason they do this is to get you accustomed to the standing as you do end up with back pain they do give you little breaks for you to stretch, great people to work with, you can advance if you are capable of it. I really loved working for this company. I had to leave do to the fact the I had to move. They also do product sales to the employee's 2 times a year.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, excellent pay
Cons
Some back pain
McCain Job Summary
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 17, 2019
Working for McCain Foods was a great experience. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful to me when I needed help with something. I would 100% recommend working there.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful people to work for, friendly co-workers
Cons
i have nothing bad to say
I would not recommend.
Backup Operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 16, 2019
If this place had better management, it would be a much better place to work. But as it stands, the management makes poor quality decisions. People that need to be disciplined aren't. If you happen to be a good worker, you'll be expected to do the work of at least 3 people most days. If you don't, you're the one that gets yelled at and not the person that's been "in the bathroom" for an hour. On top of overexhausting yourself every day, it is mandatory 12 days on 2 days off. Then being asked to turn your 8 hours into 12 every day and being asked to work your weekend off constantly because no one wants to work. The office workers and management try to encourage you to give them ideas to make the place better but when you offer suggestions, they always have an excuse as to why it won't work or say they'll look into it and then you never hear anything back. If there is a job you can't do because you have a disability or are just sick, get ready to be told "well, we will see what happens," and then be forgotten about for 8 hours. Again, this job has the potential to be a good job, but the management is an absolute joke right now. Making the workers just incredibly angry most of the time, and just an all around uncomfortable and exhausting environment to work in everyday.
Pros
Benefits, and free food sometimes
Cons
Bad management, uncomfortable enviromment, exhausting work
Just Another Busy Day Getting Wet/Oily
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 5, 2019
Poor management decisions, maintenance turnover is bad,(see all the job postings lately) maintenance is fire fighting a lot since the old planner got let go, no help from other shifts, will start on 3rd with NO chance to go to days! get wet every day during sanitations, oil smoke hurts eyes from the fryers when you have to work in the room. seems like your ideas fall on deaf ears. pay is OK for the area and free poppers at break if you can get in there when QC sets them out. if you apply, good luck and see you inside the walls with no windows, I stay for my family.
Pros
poppers, cheese sticks
Cons
pay, insurance, management, stress
Finish goods operator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 22, 2018
I advanced quickly love the job some days were hectic. Coworkers worked together. Only thing i didnt like is when i had to place peppers some times my back would hurt. I got to learn alot there from grading product to cleaning machines.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, room for advancement
Cons
Some times you really have to layer up because it gets cold
Mccain
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Easton, MEDecember 19, 2018
this job does not treat their employees like valued help more like numbers that can be easily replaced by anyone turn over rate was so high that very rarely didt the same people show up day to day
Good pay, long hours
Line Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIDecember 1, 2018
They pay really good, but the 12 hour shifts are a killer. Would of liked to seen them go to 8 or 10 hour shifts. Management, supervisors use obvious favoritism on certain employees. Learned to keep mouth shut and just do my job. Words can travel fast...
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
I would rather keep the feelings I have about McCain Foods USA to myself.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burley, IDNovember 27, 2018
I worked 34 years for McCain Foods, USA/Ore-Ida. That relates to over half my life. The thoughts and opinions I have of the workplace and management are my own and I will choose to keep those thoughts and opinions to myself.
fun
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 24, 2018
ok place to work, lots of hours and lots of fun people hardest part was trying to stay awake during the night shift since everything kept braking down