McCain Foods

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Terrible work-life balance

Work 50-60 hours a week. Management doesn’t care when you bring problems to there attention. Treat the bad employees with lots of respect and the good employees getting treated very poorly.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management Hours

If your face fits you'll be fine

A company where if your face fits you'll be fine and you'll get promotion over more worthy candidates.The so called Senior Management team likes to think that they are in there ivory castles looking down on the poor workforce! God help you if your hourly boards are not completed

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Worst shift pattern ever and bad senior management

Voor verbetering vatbaar

Op de afdeling waar ik tewerkgesteld was, was de sfeer en de verstandhouding tussen chef en werknemer optimaal. Maar op andere afdelingen is er nog heel wat werk om deze te optimaliseren en te verbeteren.

Pros

flexibele uren

Cons

geen extras

It was a good interms of productive it was balance in all level also to work there the was a lot of fun in the workplace

It is give you an opportunity to prove your self in all categories or field to prove your self also it give you an expiriance you want, McCain foods is good company with it's culture you enjoy every day of your work they treat their employees equal and also they give their employees a first preference in vacancy that are available within the group

Pros

The was a free lunches when you work on public holidays

Cons

I was working a 12hour shift

Great pay and place to work

Great company to work for, friendly environment and great management for my department, definitely the best maintenance shop ive work for, definitely recommend

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Exciting workplace. New challenges daily. Interaction with other teams very productive.

Under new management. Excellent products with which to work. Learned much and allowed to deliver. Working with multi-functional teams exciting and challenging -- very satisfying. I enjoyed the work very much. Was sent overseas to learn and contribute to international team conferences. Learned more about international consumer-product research. Fascinating.

Pros

The usual

Cons

Currently? Cannot comment

Fast paced, good working atmosphere on the shop floor

A typical day is fast paced and proactive.During my time with the company, McCain has allowed myself to grow. I started as a utility operator and have grown into a front line management. McCain allows you to gain new skills by putting you on courses so we all have a better understanding of the business and its functions, so we deliver internally and external.

Pros

Annual Christmas hamper

Cons

Twelve hour shifts

Its a ok place to work

Mccain has great benefits but the pay really isnt that great and I have been stuck in training pay for months even though iam done training. They also have a tone of rules that in my opinion are a bit over board

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Poor pay and alot of ridiculous rules

Very well run company. Very business-like. Very safe.

Decent place to work if you don’t mind shift work. Long-term workers take advantage of new blood and will happily let you do their work fir them. Good pay. Reliable company. Well respected business.

decent variety but not enough on the job training.

very clicky, permanent full time employees don't have much time for casual staff. some of the leading hands can be quite abrupt at times and a lot of the staff who have been doing the work for years think you should be as competent as them from day one. NOT enough on the job training....you're basically shown something once then left to it.

Pros

decent pay, enough breaks, reasonable variety

Cons

some permenant staff not very friendly

Productive. Short staffed. Can be a good job.

I use to love my job. I would give my all for my job. But I didn’t fit into the group that some supervisors liked. So didn’t get the help and support that I needed. I then dropped my position and changed shifts. Which helped but I still have the feeling of not being worth anything.

Pros

Has good pay

Cons

Fell like I’m in high school some people get away with what ever they want

Ok

Not always a clear path. Work with fewer employees and want more out. Trying to show more respect for employees but only by a few people. Not everyone is treated the same.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Only two 15 minute brakes. Even though you stand all day.

it was a job

was good until the current upper management took over. could be stressful. always trying to run equipment faster than they were capable or not spending the money to fix them the right way. instead spending money on unnecessary things.

Pros

operators i oversaw were great. only reason i stayed so long

Cons

management is garbage and lie alot

Fun’s and really easy

I really like working there it was really fun and easy. I met a lot of really good people there and the manager is really nice and they care a lot about you

Poor management, boring job but it's a paycheck

Union and production area members were an organized dope clique. We had boring jobs with too many injuries and so much drama-- six family members in my department alone, made stressful work environments throughout the plant. I don't think anyone ever missed the place after they left.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Only some people had to follow rules.

Real sense of family

Great company, lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. It does require a willingness to relocate on a national or international level. Clear direction and metrics and a positive work environment

Well i guess i dont need training on anything

Literally been there for 1 month. I work as a utility opp. So my job is moving around where i need to be. They've barely actually trained me to do any thing. I've mostly figured out how to do something by trying to see what other employees are doing and just try to mimic that. Not actually knowing if im doing it right or if there is a more productive way to do whatever it is im doing.

Pros

Decent pay for the job.

Cons

Managment, work/home life balance.

Most production employees are helpful. Not so much in management

NO life other than at Mccain. The company pushes employees to the breaking point of quitting or call ins. Management is never seen on the floor yet allows seems to find the negative in production.

Pros

Pay is good, 3 paid breaks, Good Benefits

Cons

Management, nonunion, 12 hour shifts, understaffed, very poor training

Goede werkplek

Goed salaris, goede secundaire voorwaarden, goede werksfeer.

Good paying Job, benefits are expensive and the employee turnover rate is high

The pay is good. The benefits are expensive. The turnover rate is high. Good opportunities to move within. Needs some things to change within to help keep employees

Pros

Good Pay, 401K, insurance

Cons

High rate of turnover. Takes a lot of time to fill openings

All they care get job done

Good place to work they have a lot information. Supervisor they work with you when you need help with anything. Management they are hardly around.they have upgrade machinery. You Learn by other employees they have a lot of experience that work flow is good as long you stay busy for the 12 hour and enjoy your they off

Pros

4 breaks

Cons

Good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCain Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss