McCarran International Airport Employee Reviews

Carrying bags for customer
bagger (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2018
Carrying custom bags for them and helping them with what they need .. pick up trash and cleaning the bathroom, carrying the bags to lost and found .. computer
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fast paced great team
Passenger service Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2018
the job is nice and the co workers are lovely i disliked having to come twice in the same day to have more hours. i wish to have 40 hours or less with the same airline
Pros
easy hours
Cons
no full time
loved working there
Airport Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
Loved working at McCarran Airport! Hated to leave as wife is active duty military and was reassigned. Found a home and a workplace that I enjoyed going to everyday. Everyday was different. Running a passenger terminal as complex as McCarran airport was, something new / different was always happening. Enjoyed my co-workers and also interacting with the daily passengers that came through McCaran. At times we had to make hard choices like not letting somebody fly, but everything was done in the name of publicand passenger safety.
Do not be noticed
Specialty Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
Do not be late for any reason. You are not valued, you are easily replaceable. There is no clear leadership. You must remember all that has been taught even if not used for months. There is no part of this job that was enjoyable. You will be openly mocked and ridiculed in front of others for any mistakes made. The hardest part was adapting to the constant desires of three differing senior persons. The culture is OK and most are welcoming, however everyone can and will spread negatively any information that supports their best interest. No possibility for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Constant scrutiny, no advancement, can be fired for any reason
Stressful but fun
Airport Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2018
Working at McCarran Airport taught me how to work with a large group of people, and the ability to adapt with constant change.
The hardest part of the job from time to time, was dealing with the different needs of each airline, this was especially difficult due to the difference in the individual company's policies.
At the end of the day, I enjoyed the relationships acquired while working there and that's what I miss the most.
Racist and unprofessional
Airport Ramp Control (Former Employee) –  Airside OperationsMarch 21, 2018
I have never experienced the level of racist unprofessional behavior that I experienced while employed at McCarran Ramp Control. The training was very objective with no clear direction which made the training process and overall work environment very stressful. They do not try to help you succeed in the program especially minorities. They use intimidation and bullying tactics and hold your employment over your head while you’re on probation. Accepting employment there was by far my worst decision.
Pros
Free parking while traveling
Cons
The people and supervision
Fun and fair place of work. Always a good environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2018
I learned how to cook and deal with every type of customer from all around the world. My customer service skills are at a all time best because of the airport
Pros
Free lunch.
Productive and busy
Flight Screen Security (TSA) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at work was always busy;
I learned how to be a team worker
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with different culture of nationality.
I opened the gift shop bright and early.
Merchant Clerk at International Airport (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
Love my shift! I started work at 5:30. Opened the gift shop at 6am. Everybody was excited and happy to be arriving in Las Vegas. I never saw more $100. dollar bills in my life! Las Vegas is a melting pot of all cultures. Moving there was one of the best experiences in my life. The only thing hard about the job was the distance from my car and the gift shop I worked. It was at least a mile.
Pros
meeting people of all cultures and nationalities.
Cons
there were no cons. it was a great temporary job while I transition my real estate career to Vegas
Productive, fair, consitant, get things done.
Assistant Custodial Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2018
I love what I do and the people that I work with. Each day is similar but different, which keeps it fresh. I'm productive, I get things done. I'm engaging, considerate, fair and consistent. My philosophy is that everything remains the status quo, I have not done my job. Under my watch, there will be a noticeable improvement.
Nice environment
Passenger Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2017
What I enjoyed most about working at McCarran was my coworkers . They are experienced and knowledgeable. Anyone who want to work there will be treated as family. I enjoyed being a part of the team. It is multicultural. The Hardest part was not being a team member. I learned a lot about all walks of life.
Great
Environmental/Safety Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
A very great work environment with lots to learn and many opportunities to grow. Easy place to make connections and branch out. Highly recommend to anyone
customer service
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
Shift consisted of working a 10 hour day. At the start of each shift we had a briefing about the alerts of the day and policy changes.Customers were very aggressive and never wanred to comply with any rules on airport porperty. Work culture involved customer service/enforcement while dealing with people. At times people would use profanity sometimes or threaten your life.
Pros
10hr days 3days off my yearly bonus
Cons
Lying customers and employee and threats and you stand for 9 hours
Drama.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2017
When I worked here there was drama and "power struggles" between the DM's it more often than not interfered with the job itself when it became a problem.
did not care for it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2017
it kind of sucked it seemed like no matter how well you performed. There was no way for you to get a promotion unless you kissed a little butt. The best part of working there was the benefits.
Fun place to work while it was still in business, people were fairand fun.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2017
A great place to work as far as making money, a chance to meet and greet interesting people as well as some celebrity that may have been traveling, and the cmpensation benifits were amazing as far as health care was concerned.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Upper Management
Productive and busy place to work at
Internship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2017
I had an internship here for the summer and had fun working here. I got to experience any new things everyday and had wonderful coworkers.
Very nice people to work with, but horrible management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2016
My typical day is to check people in for their flights and take their bags to go onto the plane.
I learned how to improve my customer service skills
Management was bad
My coworkers was fine
Nothing hard about the job
Meeting new people and just showing my customer service skills.
Productive, efficient, and well organized
Passenger Service Representative Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2016
The coworkers are great, the management is very organized, and the job itself is very enjoyable and it is fun to interact and assist passengers.
Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
My day was always very very busy. I learned that you have to listen to people first, that is great customer service.
Pros
Meeting new people and keeping the airway and grounds safe.
Cons
The Heavy Baggage