McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff, Inc Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work. Great pay and people
Collection Department (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2018
Great work environment , relaxed atmosphere , training provided. Great base pay and unlimited bonus potential. No weekends. This is a great company to work for. I have been there for over a year and like it very much.
Pros
Relaxed work invironment, good pay
Great opportunity
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Excellent paid training program. Extremely generous vacation and personal paid time off. Great company willing to provide you with all the tools to be successful.
Good solid company that rewards for hard work and dedication
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
As a current employee that has been in this industry for over 11 years, and here at MB&W for 4 years, I can say this is a good place to be. Starting as a collector/agent and now in management, there is plenty of room to grow and earn a nice living, if you're willing to work hard for it.
Pros
Salary + Comission
Cons
Can be mentally exhausting at times
Great Place To Gain Experience
Collector (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 19, 2018
MB&W will give you the tools to be a successful collector as long and you are willing to learn. No weekend hours is a plus! Earning potential is high along with competitive benefits.
Pros
Work Life Balance - Gaining Experience
Cons
Shorter Breaks - No Overtime
Great earning potential and no weekends!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHFebruary 12, 2018
No overtime and no weekends - pretty good for a call center. The commissions are uncapped and the paper is great. The training is very good and there are opportunities for advancement.

There is some turnover but most of them were not showing up and doing the work. I have been treated well and have a good work life balance,
Pros
Uncapped commissions and no weekends!
Cons
Due to confidentiality cell phones are prohibited except during your breaks and lunch.
Poor training
Collector (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 8, 2018
You are trained by individuals with no proper training, quickly train no sheets or examples all by off top of there head's hit this do this no explanation of the system nothing to fall on at least take back the training guides after one week of training management only concern is making department goals.. new employees are caught in the middle.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
30 minutes lunch hour make it opional add two breaks for 45 minutes & no breaks
Horrible upper MGMT!
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2018
This company is absolutely horrible. Upper MGMT talks to their managers and employees like their children and sometimes dogs.
Tulsa is the secondary office and we definitely were treated like the step children of the family.
Upper MGMT plays favorites and truly treats their Ohio employees better.

Please consider your options when applying for MB&W and if it’s your last option, play nice with ALL MGMT!
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Watched like a hawk
High Stress
Account Manager- Collections (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2018
The pay for this company is amazing but the stress that the job entails with job security/performance expectations for people with no collection experience is extremely high. They are not very family oriented, if you have to miss work for sick children or whatever the case may be your job is threatened and you are made to feel bad for having to take care of your life outside of their job.
This place is a JOKE!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2017
They will over work you, under pay you, and be insulting if you say something about it. Most people who have been there years haven't seen a cent raise in all the years they've been there. There are way too many clueless people in management. The benefits package is a joke, as your whole paycheck will be swallowed if you opt to get company sponsored health insurance. There's no room for growth or advancement - only random opportunities to be shifted from post to post depending on if someone just quit and they need to fill a spot immediately. The running theme every day among employees is to point out new ways the place is a joke. This is a last resort or stepping stone to a real job at a real company.
Pros
It's a Monday-Friday gig.
Cons
Please see review.
Terrible
Legal forwarder (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 18, 2017
If you have a degree in accounting or anything in the legal field do not waste your time applying. No opportunity to move up. Dead end job ..................
Inconsistent expectations
Commercial Collections Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHDecember 17, 2017
The position was supposed to be hourly plus commission. When I first started the monthly goals were attainable. After awhile. the goals kept going up and up until they were unreachable for 2/3 of the agents in my department. In addition, they controlled who got what accounts so those who were reaching goal were also being fed hot leads and larger accounts. While the rest of us were being given accounts for $25 to $250, of which the commission of the company was a small percentage. And what the agent was entitled to was a smaller percentage than that. And if you had not met the goal, you got nothing.
Pros
Nights and Weekends off
Cons
High stress. No advancement opportunity. Highly difficult to make commission.
Looking for part time evening while at MBW
AGENT (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaDecember 8, 2017
I enjoy my job at MB&W my first collections job.
I’m learning from my experienced co-workers, sharpening my skills.
I enjoy the relaxed, pleasant atmosphere. After being in Management for 20 years it is a pleasure to focus on developing only my skills.
There is no hard part only the challenge of exceeding my monthly goals.
The most enjoyable part is the comradery among the employees and pleasant atmosphere.
high stress
ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 17, 2017
Training was great, but once you were out on the floor, the atmosphere changed to cut throat and high stress. Management was stressed so they stressed employees to meet their goals, not suitable work for everyone.
Not worth your time.
Consumer Collector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44146October 9, 2017
It was very stressful if your weren't "assertive" because your job is dangled over you if you don't hit goals. It can be financially rewarding if you exceed your goal but they change the firewalls based on the whole team.
Pros
part time had friday saturday and sunday off
Cons
Not worth the stress
Typical Call Center
Account Manager/ Collector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2017
Everybody was friendly yet competitive. Company went out of their way to place you in different departments if you struggled meeting goal. The "Big Boss" micromanaged to a fault. Very structured work place as far as knowing your goals, what you need to do to succeed, and had a strict break/lunch time schedule. If you do your job and you do it correctly you should have a problem here
Pros
Easy job, casual dress, no overtime or weekends
Cons
A little too structured, paper free environment.
Professional environment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2017
At McCarthy, Burgess and Wolff you will train hard, work hard all day. You are required to meet your monthly goals. I appreciate the professional environment. Employees are on time and present, because we do not want to be penalized. Everyone is needed to meet team goals.
Pros
Great for those who are business minded.
Cons
Bonds are not formed. Revolving door.
Hard working no nonsense enviroment
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHJune 13, 2017
Everyday I talk to over 100 people in business from small to corporations on securing payments on accounts. I enjoy helping people find mutual solutions to issues and financial challenges. I learned how to be a active listener in order to formulate individual plans
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Salary and Benefits
productive place
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
business hours no weekends and no holidays, great place base pay plus bonus, great people and managers. collection job so you are on the phones a lot. very competitive environment
Nice place to work coworkers are great team players
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHApril 30, 2017
In coming dialer calls for collections.
I have learned to be a better collector. The know how of collections in third party has come in handy for me to further my career as an account representative
My manager has been a great help to my collections career
The workplace is to micromanaged
Angry consumers that will not listen to me as I try to help them
Helping consumers that are wanting to get our of debt
Pros
work hours flexible
Cons
pay could be better
overall good company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHApril 18, 2017
Works with employees to achieve success. Very laidback environment. Challenging work. Thorough training, company makes sure you are prepared to do your job efficiantly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.