McCarthy Tire Service Company Employee Reviews

coworkers
Floater (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 24, 2018
co workers were good people human resources was amazing so were select few management they would help you out in a heart beat how ever chance of advancement with the company is very slim and difficult for being there for 3 years people who were there only a year were somehow making more money and already in management positions
Management was horrible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Anyone looking for a job, I highly suggest staying away.

Store management was absolutely a joke, when hired he seemed like a nice guy, that was until I found out that he was very forgetful, even though he kept notes. He was brought in from another store and made manager, and ended up loosing his first set of employee's, Of course he blamed them, but I see why they all quit and walked out on him.

His lunch time consisted of his Bar time, he would come back happy, blood shot eyes, chewing his gum. The hours weren't bad at this one store, M-F 8am-5am, No Saturdays, But I guarantee that this will change.

There was no drive in service, This Tire business really didn't sell many passenger tires, their business consists of a Tire Capping plant, they recap larger tires and resell them. I highly wouldn't suggest anyone work at this place, anyway, not for this Store Manager.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Store manager that shouldn't be
Good job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Management was decent and coworkers were awesome. It was a decent environment I really enjoyed working at the Hagerstown location
Pros
Good people
Cons
Some vehicles were a pain lol
It’s okay
Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2018
Nothing to say really I was injured on the job they had me resign because of a permanent injury and stop benefits I would’ve continued if they would’ve kept me...
Its good
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Temple, PAJuly 25, 2018
If you need a job.....come here. If don't have experience is not a problem we will train you.and if you are a tire tech is a plus.good hours and overtime if you are a road tech.
Pros
Cons
Salary challenge.
Horrible
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 30, 2018
Horrible place to work! Managers suck! They send you all over the place without notice, and if youre stuck somewhere they cant help with anything! Bad place to work!
Growing fast!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 29, 2017
This family-owned company is growing fast by acquiring other tire companies. On the up side - It is an exciting place to work, with new challenges every day. They value hard work, loyalty, and dedication. On the down side - Their rapid growth has stretched the internal systems. They need to invest in more people and technology to keep up with their growth.
Pros
Management is easily accessible. Good benefits.
Cons
They need to add more people to handle the growth.
Fast hard work
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 24, 2018
Alot of work and hours to take on but as long as your willing to put in the effort and time the job is well worth the pay and the experience I felt it was to me I completely loved it yeah it was sweaty dirty and rough it was fun and we'll worth the time I spent there
Poor planning/management
Retread Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 8, 2018
Just terrible .....two years wasted on thinking I can be a fully certified specialist and they just use you till you're dead, lack of respect for employees or appreciation
Nice place
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 21, 2018
was a nice place til they wanted to turn profit and not hire quality mechanics. I was happy working there until a change came about and I was let go after 19 years for a kid that would get paid 10 dollars less. Needless to say they lost a lot of customers due to things not fixed properly
stressful job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA and Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 24, 2017
This company is based strictly on production. If numbers are not met, people get fired quick. Very stressful and your job is always on the line. I however did learn a lot with this company. They give me many opportunities and i always took advantage.
Pros
great co workers
a wonderful company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJFebruary 2, 2018
this company is terrific to work for. they are strong In many areas and care about you and your family. I would definitely recommend given the opportunity to work for them
Terrible
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 21, 2016
Typical work day miserable
You will learn a lot of the right guy teaches you
Management is completely terrible
Some co workers are ok
A lot of heavy lifting
If you wanna go somewhere and just have a job with no advancement then I will work here very unfair AND VERY VERY VERY POOR management
Fun work place
CAR WASH ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 24, 2016
Typical day consists of servicing customers, up selling product and services, detailing customer vehicles and conducting regular maintenance of car wash equipment. I learned a lot about building good customer relations and keeping the customer satisfied with their experience with McCarthy tire. Management was strict when need be but also understanding when personal situations arose making it a comfortable working environment. The hardest part about the job was there was no set breaks since there was usually some down time through out the shift that's when you were expected to take a break or lunch.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
No set break/lunch, Little opportunity to advance, Poor pay
Company Is A Joke
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
This company will get rid of you quicker then you have time to even learn your job. I was new to tire sales. My two faced rotten boss provided no training, was unapproachable, and was lazy. He was good at pointing out everything I was doing wrong. They expect you to work until you burn out and become physically and mentally exhausted. It was literally the worse job and company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours, Benefits, Senior Mamagement
Prepare to work hard
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 8, 2017
Good compensation for hard work. Not very good at promoting employees for higher positions in company. Too often people with little to no experience will be your boss.
no comment at this time
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 15, 2017
poor heat in winter lack of shop tools lack of diagnostic equipment , six days a week 40 hours was real hard to deal with by the time you would get started it was time to go home
Pros
advancements
Cons
dont believe everything they tell you
Good place to work for.
TIRE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 22, 2012
This is where I first learned to change and fix tractor trailer tires. I left this job for better pay at petro,which I now regret, since I was terminated from petro after being hurt on the job. This definitely would not have happened at mccarthy tire.
Pros
great management, owner always walked around and asked how your day was going.
Cons
the winter was tough, when you had to change 10 to 20 tires, at one of the customers lots.
Great Place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Centerville, IAOctober 8, 2013
This was a part time job during my marriage and was a family business. The management was the best and there was not hard part of this job unless it would be collections on bad receivables. The best was the people and the relaxed environment. I learned bookkeeping, credit and payroll inside out. My day consisted of phones, daily sales and balancing the register, and collections when necessary.
Pros
everything
Cons
collections
bad management
Machine Operator, Production Workers, All Other (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 27, 2016
it's a company that makes promise that they never live up to as well as the management I feel they do not know what they are really doing when it comes to the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCarthy Tire Service Company. Our community is ready to answer.

McCarthy Tire Service Company Reviews by Location