McCarthy Tire Service Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor planning/management
Retread Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 8, 2018
Just terrible .....two years wasted on thinking I can be a fully certified specialist and they just use you till you're dead, lack of respect for employees or appreciation
Nice place
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 21, 2018
was a nice place til they wanted to turn profit and not hire quality mechanics. I was happy working there until a change came about and I was let go after 19 years for a kid that would get paid 10 dollars less. Needless to say they lost a lot of customers due to things not fixed properly
a wonderful company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJFebruary 2, 2018
this company is terrific to work for. they are strong In many areas and care about you and your family. I would definitely recommend given the opportunity to work for them
Management was horrible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Anyone looking for a job, I highly suggest staying away.

Store management was absolutely a joke, when hired he seemed like a nice guy, that was until I found out that he was very forgetful, even though he kept notes. He was brought in from another store and made manager, and ended up loosing his first set of employee's, Of course he blamed them, but I see why they all quit and walked out on him.

His lunch time consisted of his Bar time, he would come back happy, blood shot eyes, chewing his gum. The hours weren't bad at this one store, M-F 8am-5am, No Saturdays, But I guarantee that this will change.

There was no drive in service, This Tire business really didn't sell many passenger tires, their business consists of a Tire Capping plant, they recap larger tires and resell them. I highly wouldn't suggest anyone work at this place, anyway, not for this Store Manager.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Store manager that shouldn't be
Growing fast!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 29, 2017
This family-owned company is growing fast by acquiring other tire companies. On the up side - It is an exciting place to work, with new challenges every day. They value hard work, loyalty, and dedication. On the down side - Their rapid growth has stretched the internal systems. They need to invest in more people and technology to keep up with their growth.
Pros
Management is easily accessible. Good benefits.
Cons
They need to add more people to handle the growth.
stressful job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA and Charlotte, North CarolinaOctober 24, 2017
This company is based strictly on production. If numbers are not met, people get fired quick. Very stressful and your job is always on the line. I however did learn a lot with this company. They give me many opportunities and i always took advantage.
Pros
great co workers
Not fair, unsafe
Tire Builder (Former Employee) –  Hurlock, MDAugust 28, 2017
Would not recommend. Moved from something I could handle to a process that is to hot, I was not physically able to do the job and the pay was not enough to continue my work there.
Mccarthy employee
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2017
The employees at McCarthy are like a family for the most part. Everyone always have each other back, we have our good time and our bad time but we always have each other back,
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay
no comment at this time
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 15, 2017
poor heat in winter lack of shop tools lack of diagnostic equipment , six days a week 40 hours was real hard to deal with by the time you would get started it was time to go home
Pros
advancements
Cons
dont believe everything they tell you
Prepare to work hard
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 8, 2017
Good compensation for hard work. Not very good at promoting employees for higher positions in company. Too often people with little to no experience will be your boss.
Great workplace
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 10, 2017
Great place to work. The people are all very kind. I loved all the work I did there, it's an amazing place to work, if you like tires, an rims, an cars.
Sorry I left!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LocalFebruary 3, 2017
As a former employee I can tell you honestly that I wish I never left. This is one of the last very few remaining "family" businesses
Unfortunately. I thought the grass was greener on the other side, boy was I wrong. That was the best job I ever had. They truly care about their employees. Most importantly the management understands what life balance means.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
None.
bad management
Retread Technician (Former Employee) –  Federalsburg, MDJanuary 30, 2017
this place wants you to do work even when there was no work to be done there is an extreme late of planning with both sets of management
Pros
good pay, benafits
Cons
one break, bad management
bad management
Machine Operator, Production Workers, All Other (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 27, 2016
it's a company that makes promise that they never live up to as well as the management I feel they do not know what they are really doing when it comes to the company
hard work but fair
Fork Lift Operator / Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 2, 2016
It's a family run place so you have to deal with family issues that come with it... very hot to work there in the summer but the pay is not bad
Pros
pay
Cons
dirty place to work
Company Is A Joke
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
This company will get rid of you quicker then you have time to even learn your job. I was new to tire sales. My two faced rotten boss provided no training, was unapproachable, and was lazy. He was good at pointing out everything I was doing wrong. They expect you to work until you burn out and become physically and mentally exhausted. It was literally the worse job and company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours, Benefits, Senior Mamagement
Fun work place
CAR WASH ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 24, 2016
Typical day consists of servicing customers, up selling product and services, detailing customer vehicles and conducting regular maintenance of car wash equipment. I learned a lot about building good customer relations and keeping the customer satisfied with their experience with McCarthy tire. Management was strict when need be but also understanding when personal situations arose making it a comfortable working environment. The hardest part about the job was there was no set breaks since there was usually some down time through out the shift that's when you were expected to take a break or lunch.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
No set break/lunch, Little opportunity to advance, Poor pay
Terrible
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 21, 2016
Typical work day miserable
You will learn a lot of the right guy teaches you
Management is completely terrible
Some co workers are ok
A lot of heavy lifting
If you wanna go somewhere and just have a job with no advancement then I will work here very unfair AND VERY VERY VERY POOR management
Family owned business
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
If your family, you will have it made, other then that, dead end job, no support, no resources, technology and systems from 1950's which just aides their employees in stealing. Everyone from the VP to The Guy That Pushes A Broom is dipping into the Corporate pot. It really is a horrible company!
unfair management
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 15, 2016
I answered phones, set up appointments, and billed clients, manager was very condescending and never took responsibility for his own mistakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCarthy Tire Service Company. Our community is ready to answer.

McCarthy Tire Service Company Reviews by Location