McCormick Employee Reviews

Challenging environment; Opportunities available; Politics abound; Stuggles with Work Life Balance
Sr. Business Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 3, 2018
I've been with McCormick for many years, so I can only speak about what I've seen at my current employer. The 40 hour week no longer exists. Work Life Balance is talked about but is lacking. McCormick has a history of being employee focused with a steeped tradition of internal development and commitment to their workforce. McCormick is moving away from those traditions and becoming more focused on Wall Street. Many non manufacturing jobs are being moved over seas to reduce labor costs. McCormick is also reducing benefit costs by eliminating pensions. They are still a good company to work for, just realize they are more like any other company today.
Pros
Solid performer; Stable employer, Still offers traditional health benefits
Cons
Long hours; demanding priorities; pulling back on benefits
A great place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 17, 2018
Every day was different. Learned something new about food every day.
The management was excellent. They gave you all the tools necessary to make you successful. Always very supportive.
Everyone was great to work with. Laid back culture, but everyone worked together when a problem arose.
The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on expiration dates.
I loved everything about this job. The commute was just further than I wanted, especially in the winter.
Pros
All around great place to work
Cons
The commute
Involved in difficult transition upon purchase
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 30, 2018
Management was tense and never conveyed a sense of job security or comfort. Operates very differently than they advertise. Still produce an excellent product at the end of the day.
Pros
Excellent benefit program
Cons
Unsettled job security
Great Company Poor Experience with Manager
Supply Chain Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 26, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Overall the people are good to work with. The company places its employees first so the employees work hard because they feel appreciated.

I just happened to have the worst boss in the company. She's very condescending, and make you feel like everything you do is wrong. I dread going into her office because I know that nothing good will be said. The morale in her department is VERY low.

Other than that, I would recommend this company to anybody and from what I see, the other management personnel are very positive and proactive with their employees. I just happened to get the wrong one.
Pros
Free or discounted spices, Employee appreciation
Cons
On the job training, should be some type of formal training, technology and IT isn't as advanced as you would expect from a Global company
Ok to work
Team Manager, Mixing and Packaging (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2018
If you don't have a job its ok to work here.Work long hours and does not pay that great. Has a good pension plan in addition to 401K which is a good thing.
Busy workplace. Better than industry standard pay. Little opportunity for advancement.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 22, 2018
Click biased and sometimes even discriminative. Lots of money to be made if you’re willing to work long hard hours. Management more concerned with production than relations with the work staff. Job safety audits scored low.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of O.T. available.
Cons
Safety a big issue. Lackluster management.
Used to be very family oriented and fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 31, 2019
Multiple meetings on a daily basis. Highly activity driven with less result focus. The company had a very attractive people culture which slowing going away.
nice people and nice work environment
CO-OP work intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 17, 2019
The working atmosphere is very nice in McCormick
The organization and management is perfect
Everybody is working hard with great motivation
Everyone loves food and flavor!
Great Pay
Supply Chain Analyst-Customer Service, Full-time (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 10, 2018
Great Pay, difficult culture, great people to help you get the job done. Bonus program is nice. Need better training. Work life balance is nice in certain positions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
culture and management
Old company
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
When I first work there it was a family run company. Then it went to just making money. They didn't really care about the employee as they did in the past.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Alot of time long hours
Small company feel within large company
MANAGER, FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 17, 2018
Small company feel within a large Fortune 500 environment. Great central management in Baltimore but local management was not aligned. Lead to more challenges and issues.
Engaging Company with a focus on results and employee wealth
Director of Reliability (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 24, 2018
McCormick is the type of company that has figured out how to have talented employees, freedom of ideas, and adequate pay.

The company genuinely cares about it's employees, and provides very good challenge and growth opportunities to help people grow as they gain experience in their area of expertise.

Highly recommend McCormick for mid career or early career growth.

Top management roles are entrenched, so unless recruited for an executive role, it is best to develop and seek senior advancement elsewhere.
Pros
Openness and Free Communication
Cons
Sometimes stuck on one idea
Great plave too work
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 11, 2018
I really loved working for McCormick. It was the best job i ever had. It is the perfect place too raise a family and go back too school and pursue your career if thats what you decide too do.
Pros
Great people you work with.
Cons
Hard hats
Horrible
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDMarch 13, 2018
Horrible management, constantly get lied to, unrealistic expectations and no work life balance . A typical week would be working 10pm to 10 am Sunday through Friday and have one day you off per week(as long as they don’t force you to work 7 days per week).
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance, forced ocertime
productive work place
Warehouse Temp (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 15, 2018
in my opinion, working for the company and working for the temp agency are on two different levels. with the company you receive good benefits with the temp agency you dont really have anything to look forward to if you do not drive any equipment.
Pros
if you are with the company they insure good benefits
Cons
being under the temp agency in mccormick you do not get the same type of service
McCormick is a family oriented company with a wonderful culture
HR Solutions Center Specialist - HRIS (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 11, 2018
McCormick does care about the employees, at times we forget that, but we are a business as well. I have a real family at McCormick. I am proud to be a part of the McCormick family.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work arrangements
Cons
Can be stressful with amount of work expected and no OT
Fair job
DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDAugust 18, 2018
Good place to work if you are used to warehouse work. There is a lot of overtime. Good training. The management could be better. Depending on what team you are on, the job could be easy or hard.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Unrealistic management demands and expectations
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 12, 2018
Management does not make decisions in a reasonable time frame. Management does not seem to learn how to from previous mistakes.
Advancement is based on the individual's likability instead of capability.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Managers do not know the roles of their employees
AR (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 11, 2018
AR Management does know the roles and systems used for all employees on the team and does not provide addiquite training in order for their employees to be successful. No established/outdated policies and procedures prior to training. Need new perspectives and management styles instead of figure heads.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management does not know role of employees they manage, poor training
My Review
SAP SECURITY SPECIALIST, GBS (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 21, 2018
Very fast paced. I deal with users world wide with their access requests for their computers (SAP). I grant access, take away access, deal with all levels of management.

I have learned how to not get overwhelmed and take one thing at a time.

My current boss is located in Shanghai China, so we have a 1:1 every Tuesday over to phone to keep caught up. This has been a little challenging.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working on home once a week, helps to break up the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCormick. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight