McCormick Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
CULINARY SCIENCE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 11, 2018
Great Company to work for. McCormick treats employees very well and offers a wide range of opportunities. I enjoyed every part of my internship with Mccormick.
McCormick expectations High Standards
Production Technician/Filler (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD 21031November 27, 2018
Safety is first Daley meetings for quality control of material date and machine function down time absents lateness .helping others new things to add to your schedule for costumer request
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Dusty
It's slow ! The managers has a nasty attitude
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2018
I hated the job ! It's not worth the money nor the stress. The people are Dirty & disrespectful! I wouldn't recommend nobody to work there ! It's very boring
Challenging environment; Opportunities available; Politics abound; Stuggles with Work Life Balance
Sr. Business Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 3, 2018
I've been with McCormick for many years, so I can only speak about what I've seen at my current employer. The 40 hour week no longer exists. Work Life Balance is talked about but is lacking. McCormick has a history of being employee focused with a steeped tradition of internal development and commitment to their workforce. McCormick is moving away from those traditions and becoming more focused on Wall Street. Many non manufacturing jobs are being moved over seas to reduce labor costs. McCormick is also reducing benefit costs by eliminating pensions. They are still a good company to work for, just realize they are more like any other company today.
Pros
Solid performer; Stable employer, Still offers traditional health benefits
Cons
Long hours; demanding priorities; pulling back on benefits
Excelente
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Estados UnidosOctober 30, 2018
Trabajo estable con seguridad y crecimiento laboral
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Ninguno
bad place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2018
will never in my life work there again. The managers disrespectful, you can barely use the rest room, they cut your brake in half occasionly,and on top of that certain mangers are racist.
Fast paced
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 17, 2018
Working for McCormick is a fast paced, self starting job. You are part of a family business and treated like family. The systems are unique to the positions.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Workload is heavy
A great place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 17, 2018
Every day was different. Learned something new about food every day.
The management was excellent. They gave you all the tools necessary to make you successful. Always very supportive.
Everyone was great to work with. Laid back culture, but everyone worked together when a problem arose.
The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on expiration dates.
I loved everything about this job. The commute was just further than I wanted, especially in the winter.
Pros
All around great place to work
Cons
The commute
Employee oriented
Employee (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 2, 2018
Employees appreciated and awarded for accomplishment. Interesting work that instills pride. Wonderful products, great innovation and willingness to continuously improve.
Dispatcher, Ocean Lifeguard, and Day Care
NANNY FOR SEVERAL FAMILIES (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 19, 2018
Fielding calls and radio transmissions in dispatch. In the tower, scanning the beach to make sure all beachgoers are safe. Leaving the tower 40-80 times a day to make contact with people to prevent dangerous situations. At day care, caring for 10-20 children. Feeding, cleaning, changing diapers, and playing with the children.
Pros
Paid Break
Cons
Long Days
Great working environment
Digital Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 30, 2018
I really enjoyed the environment and people I worked with here. It was a great learning experience and I would not change anything about this company. I highly recommend working here.
Can be a fun place when not middle of summer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIAugust 25, 2018
There is 1300 customers in a 18 hour day, all of them having good and bad days. We try and make it better either way. I learned that understanding can go a long way, wether with a customer or an employee. My regular customer that comes in every day, live there lives and shares it with us. This is what’s fun about customer service.
Overall...truly enjoyed my time at McCormick!
Baltimore, MD (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 19, 2018
Overall...truly enjoyed my time at McCormick! I initially started working in production...packing off pallets and eventually being promoting several times during my tenure.
Pros
Considerable room for personal and professional growth
Cons
McCormick is attempting to rid themselves of employees who posses years of experience!
Fair job
DISTRIBUTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDAugust 18, 2018
Good place to work if you are used to warehouse work. There is a lot of overtime. Good training. The management could be better. Depending on what team you are on, the job could be easy or hard.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
McCormick is a family oriented company with a wonderful culture
HR Solutions Center Specialist - HRIS (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 11, 2018
McCormick does care about the employees, at times we forget that, but we are a business as well. I have a real family at McCormick. I am proud to be a part of the McCormick family.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work arrangements
Cons
Can be stressful with amount of work expected and no OT
Enjoyable part of my day
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 28, 2018
Very busy and demanding. Love working with my customers. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I solve tough situations.

I do love the flexible work arrangements that are offered with MC
Pros
Work lif balance
Cons
micro managed
Old company
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
When I first work there it was a family run company. Then it went to just making money. They didn't really care about the employee as they did in the past.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Alot of time long hours
Busy workplace. Better than industry standard pay. Little opportunity for advancement.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 22, 2018
Click biased and sometimes even discriminative. Lots of money to be made if you’re willing to work long hard hours. Management more concerned with production than relations with the work staff. Job safety audits scored low.
Pros
Great benefits, plenty of O.T. available.
Cons
Safety a big issue. Lackluster management.
Fun
Knowledge of inventory and some data entry (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work in but company moved a few months later and people lost their jobs but other than that it was fun to work in that company great work environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Company moved location
Started off as Process Control
Production Line Startup Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
In the beginning I was hired as a Process Control/Supervisor, running the computers that controlled the equipment while supervising the workers.
Then added the responsibility of scheduling the production to meet the needs of our orders
As the company grew from 30 employees to over 120 my role concentrated more on running the production and training of employees in he various aspects of operations, including computer controls, sanitation and safety procedures.
As we continue to grow we added a new production lines and was tasked with adding the corporate engineers in development of new computer controls and purchasing and installation of production equipment
Developed a AS 400 Inventory System training manual .
Instrumented a Lockout / Tag out and forklift training procedures to meet current OSHA standards
Designed written procedures for the training of new employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCormick. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight