McCormick Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Started off as Process Control
Production Line Startup Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
In the beginning I was hired as a Process Control/Supervisor, running the computers that controlled the equipment while supervising the workers.
Then added the responsibility of scheduling the production to meet the needs of our orders
As the company grew from 30 employees to over 120 my role concentrated more on running the production and training of employees in he various aspects of operations, including computer controls, sanitation and safety procedures.
As we continue to grow we added a new production lines and was tasked with adding the corporate engineers in development of new computer controls and purchasing and installation of production equipment
Developed a AS 400 Inventory System training manual .
Instrumented a Lockout / Tag out and forklift training procedures to meet current OSHA standards
Designed written procedures for the training of new employees.
Fun Place To Work
Director McCormick Kitchens (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyable People at All Levels of the Organization! Great products and the company seems to be on an acquisition spree of late. The new President of CPD seems to be doing a great job.
Absolutely Wonderful
Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 25, 2018
McCormick is extremely family oriented and I would have no intention of leaving, if my role was not being eliminated. I enjoy the environment, the management was very involved. They are always celebrating their employees and willing to help if needed. Best company I have ever worked for, hands down.
McCormick Company
Creative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at McCormick Company. Offered flexible hours, talented employees, great clients and project variety. We had quality clients which provided us ample budgets to produce wonderful Direct Mail and Advertising projects.
productive work place
Warehouse Temp (Current Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 15, 2018
in my opinion, working for the company and working for the temp agency are on two different levels. with the company you receive good benefits with the temp agency you dont really have anything to look forward to if you do not drive any equipment.
Pros
if you are with the company they insure good benefits
Cons
being under the temp agency in mccormick you do not get the same type of service
Good atmosphere
Ranstad/ McCormick (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 15, 2018
Good place toWork with good people to work with .Hours were consistent with the option of overtime . The job wasn’t easy but simple and balanced . I actually went in as a temp , looking to become apart of the company now .
Managers do not know the roles of their employees
AR (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 11, 2018
AR Management does know the roles and systems used for all employees on the team and does not provide addiquite training in order for their employees to be successful. No established/outdated policies and procedures prior to training. Need new perspectives and management styles instead of figure heads.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management does not know role of employees they manage, poor training
Great plave too work
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 11, 2018
I really loved working for McCormick. It was the best job i ever had. It is the perfect place too raise a family and go back too school and pursue your career if thats what you decide too do.
Pros
Great people you work with.
Cons
Hard hats
Flexible and relaxed atmoshpere
AR Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 30, 2018
I enjoy working with the AR manager, the atmosphere is relaxing and the flexible hours allow a balance between work and home. They provide the proper tools/accessories to help assist with anyone with disabilities and the longevity of employees proves they care about their employees.
Pros
appreciation lunches flex hours
Cons
casual dress with some appear unprofessional on all levels
Already gave my review
Assurance, Regulatory and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 21, 2018
I already gave my review on my current position.
Fast paced, we have over 11,000 users world wide and my group supports users that use SAP and need access
My Review
SAP SECURITY SPECIALIST, GBS (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 21, 2018
Very fast paced. I deal with users world wide with their access requests for their computers (SAP). I grant access, take away access, deal with all levels of management.

I have learned how to not get overwhelmed and take one thing at a time.

My current boss is located in Shanghai China, so we have a 1:1 every Tuesday over to phone to keep caught up. This has been a little challenging.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working on home once a week, helps to break up the week.
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 14, 2018
The job was awesome and the management was even better. It was a family atmosphere and everyone got along well. This was one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Great Pay
Supply Chain Analyst-Customer Service, Full-time (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 10, 2018
Great Pay, difficult culture, great people to help you get the job done. Bonus program is nice. Need better training. Work life balance is nice in certain positions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
culture and management
Accounting
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 1, 2018
The worst position I have been in to date. Management is horrendous, and needs to back to school for Management or something. Groupies like high school all over again.
Pros
Sometimes they offer food
Cons
Bad Management
Back stabbed
Ex worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 19, 2018
I worked there for about a year and a half. Would have loved to continue working there but someone that has been there longer threw me under the bus. It would have been better if I was able to transfer to another area. They changed their minds on every element in a split second and it got frustrating. You can't even voice your opinion or else!!! They didn't even have the audacity to call me I had to call them and was told not to come back. Watch your back and do your work. You should be fine. Like it is said keep your mouth shut and ears open.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Changing minds and no second chances
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 13, 2018
McCormick is a very positive place to work. they have classes that teach so many different subjects. Especially computers. I had a very good manager. I enjoyed all the charity functions.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Don't have any
Unrealistic management demands and expectations
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 12, 2018
Management does not make decisions in a reasonable time frame. Management does not seem to learn how to from previous mistakes.
Advancement is based on the individual's likability instead of capability.
Pros
discounts
Productive and Fun
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 9, 2018
Great company to work for!!!
Easy going and laid back atmosphere
Do your job and manager your territory accordingly and all would be good. Great products to sell
Pros
Company car
Horrible
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDMarch 13, 2018
Horrible management, constantly get lied to, unrealistic expectations and no work life balance . A typical week would be working 10pm to 10 am Sunday through Friday and have one day you off per week(as long as they don’t force you to work 7 days per week).
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance, forced ocertime
Stressful and No communication
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2018
A typical day was driving and loading at the post office and heading to Houston TX where we unloaded and than drove another hour towards Austin to swap out trailers with another driver and bring that mail back to Houston, unload that mail and reload for Orlando and head back home. This job sounded great until you find out that while the pay is per hour and not too bad they didn't explain the layover issue, every holiday drivers switch days and at some point you are stuck on a layover from Sunday to Tuesdays until the next holiday comes and you get no extra pay and you are stuck at a truck stop with no showers for 24 hours...The most enjoyable part was driving and seeing the country even though it was the same route every week you always notice something different each time and I drove with my husband and we actually enjoy the time together. The hardest part was being away from home, never again. The management is terrible, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing ever....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCormick. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight