McCormick Culture reviews

A great place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 17, 2018
Every day was different. Learned something new about food every day.
The management was excellent. They gave you all the tools necessary to make you successful. Always very supportive.
Everyone was great to work with. Laid back culture, but everyone worked together when a problem arose.
The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on expiration dates.
I loved everything about this job. The commute was just further than I wanted, especially in the winter.
Pros
All around great place to work
Cons
The commute
Fun Place To Work
Director McCormick Kitchens (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyable People at All Levels of the Organization! Great products and the company seems to be on an acquisition spree of late. The new President of CPD seems to be doing a great job.
N/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 14, 2018
The job was awesome and the management was even better. It was a family atmosphere and everyone got along well. This was one of the best jobs I've ever had.
respect amount the workers.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 8, 2018
It has a good environment. One of the most important things I like about McCormick is the workers interaction. The respect that was given to everyone.
Love this place would of like to retired from Mcc
Work Leader / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 28, 2017
Love this place would of like to retired from this company (Mcc) i was a leader in my department with 6 in my team, Still keep in tough with some of my McCormick coworkers.
Pros
benefits & Pay
Cons
They left Cali.
random day at work
Blending Technician (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJuly 9, 2017
Everyday is full of joyfull people and positive energy. Alot of people stay for many years because of the great work culture.Great leadership and great job to work for the only hard part is SAP to get familiar with the system takes help, but the help is always a step away.I learned alot far computer skills,forklift,cpr,leadership skills and alot of way to process orders.
Pros
great events, good support, benifits
Cons
low life balance
Great Benefits and a Great place to advance
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
Through my time at McCormick I can honestly say I learned a lot and enjoyed my overall experience there. There was great benefits and they worked with me whenever I had any request or concerns.
Pros
Cafeteria with great food also many great benefits.
Changing environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 25, 2017
I never know what my job will consist of on a daily basis. Was a small team, but is growing at a fast pace. Multinational company that was ran as a family business, as far as the culture.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Rapidly changing culture
OK place to work
Production line/Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 20, 2017
It's an ok place to work now. When i first started it was a great place to work, they used to be the leader in the production industary, but now they are followers.
Changing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 1, 2017
McCormick has changed over the past few years. The focus of collaboration and teamwork has been replaced with reporting, power points, buzz words and talk. Senior Management is almost entirely from the outside and the culture isn't what it once was.
Pros
Free Coffee, good benefits
Management worried about Wall St more than employees
Director (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 28, 2016
Last five years has seen an influx of short-horizon data-driven leaders that are willing to sacrifice the family and employee centered culture the company was built on to appease Wall Street. It is a shame as employee engagement levels are trending flat to down and work life balance is very poor. Senior leadership (Mgmt Comm) is increasingly out of touch with employees especially those 2 and 3 levels below them. Gone are the days when the CEO knew the names of many employees and spent significant time forging relationships with them to understand what was "really going on".
Great company to work for
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 22, 2016
Great people and competitive Wages , and great benefits. Lots of paid holidays. One of the best place I have ever worked for.Plenty of opportunity for growth .
Great place to work. Given plenty of opportunities. Supervisors are fair. They ask that you do your job..
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at McCormicks. Great work culture. You are given oputunities to advance. Wonderful benefits. Great working conditions. Given chance to further your education. Co workers wete great to get along with.
Pros
Free coffee or tea.
Cons
Nothing.
Great environment
DevOps / System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with dedicated and positive team members who really care about what they do.
Professional
Sr. SAP R/3 FI/CO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, MDDecember 25, 2015
Team was very professional and they all were very cooperative and dedicated.
I loved to work here and would love to do more work here
Great culture!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 19, 2015
McCormick is a great organization to work for. The people make up an incredible culture. I enjoyed working with the people very much.
Productive and clean
Forklift Operator/Warehouse Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MdOctober 19, 2015
This company was about team building. There is a morning session that includes stretching and preparing for the day, which I found to be very helpful. Being organized, and able to stay focused while being productive was very important. Goals were set daily and in most cases accomplished by end of day.
Great job
Tech II Packager/Blender (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 6, 2015
Each day find out what has to be produced and jump right in. I learned about different spices and how they taste. management was awesome and always willing to help. It team base so all co-worker did their part to ensure a job was well done. The hardest part was lifting 150 pound drums but that wasn't daily. The most enjoyable part was getting large orders done on time.
Pros
Benefits, the people
Cons
Great place to work. Great company with great benifits and people.
Materials Planner (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 10, 2014
McCormicks is agreat place to work. My typical work day is reveiwing needs of materials needed in the plant for production. I've learned new skills in inventory control and planning. Management is helpful and accessible when needed. My co workers are good people to work with and friendly. The hardest part of my job is working through unknow complications with transportation or demand needs that are not foreseen. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to work with vendors and other people in the industry.
Good ole boy network
Management (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 19, 2014
Inept leadership. Favortism is rampant. Most jobs require degree unless you are in the good ole boy clique. Used to be a great company with a great culture. Nobody cares anymore. True McCormick employees have left or are leaving by year end. Sad end to a once great company.
Pros
Discount Spices
Cons
Management plays favorites, it's who you know not what you know, favoritism on top level

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCormick. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight