Play YouTube video button
McCoy's Building Supply
67Average

McCoy's Building Supply Employee Reviews

United States223 reviews
Good company, family owned, they care about their employees and your family.
Benefits are decent and there is room for growth. Management is lacking in some areas.
Best job EVER!! I loved every second of this job..from my coworkers to management..great job if i still lived in cleburne i would definitely still be working there
Office culture really does feel like more of a family working toward the same goals. Very inclusive and accepting. At no point in time did I ever feel my job was in jeopardy, which is not something I can say about some previous companies for which I have worked. In my interview, I did indicate interest in opportunities for advancement, in both responsibility and compensation. However, if there is a point at which you reach the maximum responsibilities you'll be given in your current job, your pay stops being reviewed for increases as well. Of course there are opportunities to move around in the company, unless you have no skills or interest in the open positions. After five years, I do not believe my entire skills set was utilized, despite volunteering for more projects, nor do I believe even the slightest level of promotion happens by reason of knowledge of the job or job performance. I know I sound like a disgruntled former employee: I am not-I left the employ of the company of my own volition. It's a great company to work for, despite my personal needs that were not entirely met.
The hardest part about the job is Keeping a positive attitude because you will get so burnt out working here that it just makes it hard to stay positive about your work.
Work was easy, pay was good fellow drivers and yard personnel were friendly but the driver manager hates everyone, it's your fault and has no problem letting you and everyone know.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
If you want respect from your boss, this is not the job for you. Too much favoritism and unfairness. Customers are great, most coworkers do make you feel like family.
Excellent I really cannot explain! The company really cares about they’re employees. I love the model and business drive of Mccoys. It was a very unique experience to work there.
They offer great pay potential to advance and care about employees. They have great benefits and are a great place to work. It is a family owned company!
If a couple of other employees don't like you, they make every shift miserable. A couple of people at that store will actively work to get people fired who don't join their "henfest". Management ignores complaints about them and allows them to run the store and bully other employees who don't "fit in".
Low pay for the work. Was held back by local management in Bastrop preventing furthering my career with corporate. Working at corporate is a good job, decent pay and culture. Working at the store level I do not recommend.

If you can get on as a commercial sales rep you can make excellent money. But, that requires a lot of experience and tenure.
Not the worst place to work. The tasks are mundane, yet the responsibility and expectations are higher than the given wages. There is possibility’s in moving up and growing within the company. But the company isn’t keen on growing your pockets.
I enjoyed working at Mckoys because it is like learning something new everyday, the team work , the hours , I enjoyed setting up displays of new merchandise and of course assisting the customers
I have enjoyed working for McCoys, I would recommend this position for
people starting out in the field of construction for it will train you in all aspects
The company was very fun to work for. Learned lots of things I didn't know and eventually worked my way up to getting opportunity to take MIT position, but due to moving to a different town I wasn't able to take it and couldn't transfer to another store.
Just a top to bottom first class operation run by first class people. CEO ever call you before the store opens on your birthday? Just to wish you happy birthday? He will here! They spend millions every year developing the relational skills of their managers. Seems like the entire executive team knew my birthday, and my wife and children's ages and names. True sense of belonging.

The negative is when you leave the company you realize what you had. What wonderful people you worked for. You go back to the cold cruel world of managers that dont always return your calls......or ever support or encourage. Back to management by fear
Great relations, great experience, management is the greatest thing at Mccoys.
Friendly environment. The working environment never presented a problem to me.
Great job for someone In school or needing a part time job. Pay is descent, but not enough to live On unless in management roles. very little raises. Family oriented. Close knit group of employees
Very energetic field of work , busy location
Interesting, have to be customer oriented.

A good way to learn about building materials and applications.
From day 1 it was all smiles and fun! Training was super helpful, the cashier crew was great and allways energetic! The schedules were allways flexable. I cant find not one thing bad about this company.
If you never ask for a raise you’ll never get one. I’ve been here almost 3 years , & never have I been called in to review my compensation for the work i work hard on everyday. & i take initiative to learn new things... still nothing.
Pros
Receive somewhat of a raise
Cons
On there time not yours.
Super awesome management and many awesome individuals especially in San Marcus Headquarters!! I enjoyed Outside Sales as much as Customer Service . Enjoyed driving and going the extra mile for my contractors. Had lots of fun and enjoyed my job!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McCoy's Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.