McCright & Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 17, 2018
I have been at this company a while. When you get noticed for doing extra they will advance you. The work is frustrating some times but people there are very helpful.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Remember: 1 in 10 positive experiences get posted, usually only those with negative feedback post it
Inspector (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 25, 2018
For those posting they didn't have enough work, didn't like management, didn't feel appreciated, or didn't make enough $ doing daily inspections, you just weren't a good fit or didn't work out. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and not always point the finger. Because every inspector starts part-time, meaning no benefits or paid time off, you weren't fired or formally let-go as a full-time employee would be. You just stop getting inspections assigned to you. If you're good, there's plenty of work assigned to you. If you can comprehend and pass the training required, you'll get enough work assigned to you to occupy an 8hr day or 40 hr week and you can make $40k with mileage reimbursement. I no longer work for the company, left on my own terms for a better opportunity, but there's days things went well and I got done early earning $150-200 for that day. Even bad days I was done with my last inspection by 5-5:30.
Pros
On the road instead of behind a desk, mileage reimbursed
Cons
first appt at 8am, early morning departures from home:( cumbersome software
Cant keep good people (inspectors)
HUD Building Inspector (Current Employee) –  PANovember 26, 2017
poor pay scale,incompetent management, a lot of back stabbing, no recognition for job well done or going above and beyond to get job done,Lack of knowledge and unwillingness to obtain knowledge for given areas.
Pros
independant
Cons
no raises in yrs, management, CSR's
a day at work
information specialist bilingual csr (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 16, 2017
answer calls schedule inspections call and set up inspections
learned a lot from the previous supervisor
management depends on which department you are in
culture is fine
hardest part of job is the stress from incoming calls and the stress of not being appreciated
when its time to leave for the day
Pros
birthday cake at end of month
Cons
salary sucks
Overall
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 15, 2017
A typical day, I would unlock doors leading to front office , an I would get there early to get ready and start my day when the first call would come in . After getting system on, checking voice mails and emails answer as many e mails before I would have to clock in, and then start taking calls scheduling inspections, answering issues that would arise.
I learned everything about that job with the first and only good supervisor that I had for 8 yrs before she passed away and I became very knowledgeable on the job that she had before the work was send to the reps. I handled a section of it for awhile but the incoming calls were declining so another dept. took that over so I could make sure that no calls would go unanswered.
Management to me do not pay their employee what they are worth.
You could be the top producer and he give you beginning of year the same as the producer that does 1/8 of what the top producer does.
The hardest part of the job was the nature of the people that called sometimes my heart would break but it was out of the company's hands ,very stressful.
The most enjoyable part for me was resolving as many issues that came up and leaving the office everyday knowing I am up to date with my assignments.
Pros
celebrating monthly birthdays
Cons
Lack of recognition for outstanding employees / salary
reviewed summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 9, 2017
It was an ok job. You scheduled appointments for maintenance for the projects apartments. Stools you sat on were very uncomfortable. It hurt your back.
Pros
liked the pace of things
Cons
not too many
Very fast-paced
Customer Service Representative/ Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2017
Everyday requires ability to built on new updates. Keeping up with documentation and disseminating information to all parties involved in a timely manner.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not much room to advance.
great people
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 16, 2017
great people, not always the best situations, but very good folks. Tablets and software are sub-par, and this needs to be fixed. I enjoyed working there mostly.
Fast paced work environment that is well operated
Housing Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 1, 2017
This job is fast paced and consists of hard working employees and a strong company atmosphere that motivates its people to complete the tasks at hand with a positive mindset and overall dedication.
great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy working here. Great staff, great pay. Great atmosphere. I have learned so much from working with different people.
Very good company
Director of Logistics and Resource allocation (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed my time at McCright & Associates. I made lasting friendships and will miss the people. It is a very good company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Pay
hud inspector
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Savannah gaOctober 15, 2014
This was by far the worst job, they send you like 3-5 inspections a day with no guarantee of any one being home, the residents barely know thier appointment time, and if the residents aren't home you only get 3 dollars and with only .45 cents per mile. By the time you drive all around town with no one at home u can get like 20 dollars a day.what a waste of time and my gas money the wear and tear on your personal vehicle is not worth it.and to top it off they want u to pay 50 every two weeks for the equipment they provide you with to do your job.
Cons
Poor training, noone to get in touch with regarding technical issues
Great place to work.
Customer Service for Public Housing (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2012
A typical day at work would be very busy over two hundred calls or more a day.
Pros
helping people
Cons
clients calling in, to late to get help at a late time.
Inspection call center for various housing authorities.
Customer Service Representative/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 13, 2012
Scheduled new tenant, annual housing inspections for Section 8 participants, in various housing authorities. Contact landlords to negotiate comparable rent of potential tenant. Emailed, faxed landlords/ tenant reports from inspections. Emailed inspectors on behalf of clients relaying information regarding inspection in question. Assisted landlords/tenants with retrieving information from the company website regarding inspection. Explained items to be corrected to landlords, tenants and housing authorities. Liaison to coordinate a time to meet for the inspection. Assisted inspectors locating property. Data entry answered and directed phone calls. Team player/trainer.
Pros
friendly work environment.
Cons
no health benefits
Lots of favoritism
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 23, 2012
Do not expect to be recognized for a job well done. There is lots of nepotism at this company and you will always be an outsider. People that do bad jobs are recognized because their 'friends and relatives' cover for them and promote them. Do not expect to be treated fairly.

The owner does not seem to care what goes on internally. Managers and supervisors are really rude and hateful to employees.

The office is small and dungy.