MCCS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun atmosphere
mobile heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  MCBH Kaneohe Bay, HIMay 18, 2018
My work day is like any other day go do trouble calls on the golf course. I’ve learned a lot since I’ve worked there. Supervisors are very easy to get along with they always got my back. The culture at work is very laidback. Hardest part of my job is getting up early to go to work 4am Monday to Friday. Enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers we all get along we click.
review
Sales Associate, Salesperson, Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 2, 2018
After turning in your application you're invited to one of a few interview sessions. From here you're given a name tag, you select your preference for hours (which they rarely follow), and then wait for your chance to interview directly with someone
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 30, 2018
Very secure because your on a military base. Very structured because lf military presence. Pretty easy work because military usually assist with most duties.
Pros
Access 2 military facilities
Cons
Very strict rules
Would Not Work Here Again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 29, 2018
I do not know if anyone else had this experience or it was just the manager that I was under, but they throw you out on the floor without any type of training and they expect you to be able to handle all the equipment that is needed to stock the floor. My manager was extremely rude to most of the Service Members that she came into contact with.
turned into a joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 23, 2018
Macy's is going down hill fast. We all used to love working for macys bloomingdales together as a family. yes management came in and started a clique...so no advance unless you are in the in crowd. Not that it matters the so called Americas department store is sending all it's customer service overseas. only the clique and temporaries are still there. Now you know why Macy's is losing its customers. They have no more loyalty to anything. It's just loyalty to the bonus they can get.
Integrative work place
Family Readiness Officer (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at MCCS. I had the opportunity to work with a diverse work staff with diverse skill sets and missions. I was constantly working with a variety of different work centers to accomplish my mission as a Family Readiness Officer. My mission was all encompassing related to preparing families and military members for the rigors of deployments. I provided training in the areas of financial management, self-improvement, sustainment, integration into military lifestyle and social development into a new and complex organization.
Pros
Fast paced and challenging
Cons
Unpredictable. Working with over 750 different personalities on a daily basisi.
No advancement, but solid work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 5, 2018
My division is particularly enjoyable. I’ve been in retail and more and once out of an NF 1 position I really enjoyed my supervisors and superiors. The work was straight forward and the trust my supervisors had in me to complete my tasks was empowering.
Average jobs but increased pressure due to enviroment
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 3, 2018
Working at MCCS wasn’t a great nor horrible experience. The jobs were about what you’d expect to find just about anywhere. However, they came with the added stress of constant ‘training’ and being compliant with many base standards.
good place to learn
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Mccs has given me lots of time to excel and exceed. The only down fall with them is not a level playing field. They do have opportunities for improvement but takes a lot of jumping through hoops to make it happen
Good experience with good people
Barista, Food Service Worker (Barista) (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 20, 2018
The team I worked with was great. Mostly everyone was willing to step up and help those who needed help. If anyone needed guidance there was always a helping hand available.
Fast Paced
Volunteer Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2018
The job I did for MCCS was very quick paced and required patience when dealing with angry customers. There was also a lot of collaborative work involved.
its a job..
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked at tlf it was hardwork but went home most days feeling good about a job well done. I learned that I am a good worker and a reliable one..I enjoy being a team player but also do well on my own
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Cons
constantly being pushed to get rooms cleaned..especially petrooms under a certain time
Fun and great company to work for
Food Service Worker -Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CAJanuary 10, 2018
It’s like a big family. Getting to represent our military is a great feeling! Being a barista has taught me a lot of patience and compassion. It’s not just serving coffee but getting the chance to make someone’s day!
Great for spouses of military
Merchandising/ Buying Department (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 2, 2018
First job when I arrived in the US, I was thankful for this position and everyone was so nice too me especially as i was from another country. The environment was clean and they did a wonderful job of serving the military. They had some wonderful merchandise to work with - great team.
Pros
great team, help the military
Cons
No Discount
Good Place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCDecember 29, 2017
Loved working there with the exception of one manager who was very clique-ish, played favorites, talked about the other employees, and literally never did anything. Last I heard, she stepped down so it should be a great place now.
Overall good job
Call Center Representative/sales (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 16, 2017
Not comfortable with new direction of company but overall a decent place to work. Benefits are ok hours flexible.i would recommend mccs to other people for sure
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unclear strategies
productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at MCCS. It gave me so many options to grow and build off of. There are nothing I would say badly about MCCS. If I could I would work for them in the future.
Fun and great place for advancement
Recreation Specialist NF-3 (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 23, 2017
I was responsible for providing our Marines, sailors and civilians with the best customer service possible for them to relax and wind down from their day.
Great company to work for
RECREATION ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 16, 2017
I loved working for MCCS. They were a great company in a relaxed environment. They provided plenty of adequate training that I still use to this day. Lots of employee incentives. Management was awesome.
too stressful
Loss Prevention representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2017
The call center takes a good amount of time training and hand holding until you are put out there on your own, that is something great about them.That being said once you are out on the floor there is very little supervision and feedback. This was my first call center job so there was quite a bit of shock in the type of calls that would come in. It is VERY different dealing with shoppers over the phone than in person. In the loss prevention department it became especially difficult as you are dealing with situations where there might be fraud involved, therefore most every caller is already in a terrible mood. From what I could see, depending in the department you were in, the type of customer call can vary. For me it was back to back hostile callers so it was time to move on.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
schedule