Mcdermott Will & Emery Employee Reviews

Job Security Unknown
Docketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2019
Main attorney left and took 90 percent of clients with him. Not enough work to keep busy on a daily basis. Hostile work environment. Employees laid off every couple of months
Pros
Perks
Cons
Main attorney left and took clients with him
Healthy work/life balance and friendly culture
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2019
Staff receives much positive recognition and many opportunities to interact with different departments and practice groups. Staff is fairly compensated, and workloads are evenly distributed.
Pros
Fair working environment
Cons
No office in Philadelphia!
Over managing
Information Governance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2019
They want to prioritize work or family. They are very micromanaging. I want you to fix things but don’t tell you how to fix them. Only rely on an end of review instead of an overall review of the year .
Pros
Good bonuses
Typical DC law firm. Big clients.
LEGAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2019
I really liked a few of the lawyers I worked with. It depends on the area of law.

Professional culture.

The firm gave me room and time to expand my skills for different law groups.
Pros
Professional office, no micro management.
Cons
Parking expenses.
I was just a legal assistant
LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
Assisted legal teams with litigation paperwork
Data Entry

Overall a great starting job for someone who has just graduated from undergraduate school.
The Billing Supervisor and Office Administrator made working at MW&E an amazing atmosphere.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
I would highly recommend people to apply to any open positions in which they may qualify for. This is an overall amazing place to work. I only wish there was an open position for me at the time my temp assignment was completed.
Pros
Great environment to work in and very flexible and understanding.
Cons
I was only a temp. Wish I could have stayed permanently.
Hard Work/Great Compensation
Intellectual Property Legal Assistant - Senior (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2018
Interchangeable desks with other patent assistants. There would be times when you only filed trademarks which was sometimes very interesting. There were also times when you would spend most of the day writing letters to foreign associates. I would find it interesting to conduct research for one of the associates.
Interesting Environment
Partner and Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
High quality work, energetic environment, excellent clients and superb reputation.

Projects are intense, interesting and unique.

Colleagues are enjoyable and supportive.
Pros
Interesting Environment
Cons
Intense
Good Times
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
Working at McDermott was very pleasant. I highly enjoyed the level of proffessionalism that is showed in the company. I was always treated with respect.
Energetic Environment
Law Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 26, 2018
Fast paced and challenging law office with over 30 attorneys on staff and 30 administrative aides. Law firm involved itself with primarily civil litigation and real estate transactions.
Great career advancement experienced.
Legal Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2018
Some of the finest attorneys and staff I have had the privilege of working with. Extremely forward thinking and progressive. Caring regarding staff and being a beneficial place to eork. Great atmosphere, ver congenial.
Pros
Every occasion taken advantage of to make employees feel special.
Cons
Truly none to speak of.
Nice people, bad HR
Conflicts Attorney (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
Terrific people at this firm, but HR is a disaster. Harassment is NOT taken seriously and will, in fact, lead to internal bullying and further harassment. It's absolutely shameful. Excellent pay, very generous benefits.
Pros
Excellent co-workers.
Cons
Human Resources is discriminitory.
not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 8, 2018
Very Stressful Operational Function, Poor Management overall, No Lunch Break , Not enough shift coverage. The hardest part of this job is that you're not appreciate of your job performance.
Associate, IP Litigation Group (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 2, 2018
Typical big-law firm environment, with nice people. Solid work experience as the firm has lots of high profile cases and clients. Good benefits package too. But partnership prospects for associates are slim.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Big-law beuracracy
Great firm.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2018
This was a great firm to work at with fabulous attorneys. The only reason I left is to make more money. I would recommend this firm. I would work for them again.
A large and growing law firm struggling to acknowlege and meet the needs of their growing staff
Intellectual Property Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 2, 2018
I found the administrative component of the firm relatively receptive to suggestions from their employees. The firm embraced the team approach to handling challenges presented by large workloads.
Pros
Compensation and benefits were competitive
McDermott Will & Emery
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
MWE is a good place to work. There are lots of fun projects and a great group of people. I started as a desktop engineer and moved into engineering giving me the opportunity to help the firm grow its technology and my own skills at the same time.
Stable
Operations Coordinator, Marketing and BD (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2018
An enjoyable place to work with great people. Learned to collaborate and be a real part of the team. The culture is comfortable and inviting and encourages teamwork. Hardest part is constant change, but each day is enjoyable.
Great environment to work in while being surrounded by hard working people who are always willing to help out.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Could never complain about working there. Always showed up to my desk and was greeted by my co-workers. There was already a planned out agenda of what to do for the day, so I was never bored or lacking work.
Best Firm and Position in my Career
Information Governance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109December 20, 2017
McDermott Will and Emery LLP was the best Law Firm I have ever had the pleasure to work for. My Mentor/Manager was absolutely magnificent. My training at time of hire was superb, one on one time with upper management to learn the policies and protocol of the Firm. High Expectations and highly Professional Staff, Attorney's and Admin. I truly miss working at McDermott Will and Emery LLP. Wish I could go back today.
Pros
Benefits, Perks, Salary, Bonuses, Raises, Training, Mentorship, Advancement
Cons
Long Hours