McDermott Employee Reviews

Great company to work with
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 20, 2018
Paid fairly, hours were great. Good management, treated everyone fairly. Overall great experience working with this company. If i hadn't gotten laid off due to a cheaper company taking over the project i would have definitely had stayed.
McDermott
Subcontracts Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LASeptember 12, 2018
Their are great people within the organization with many diverse backgrounds which is extremely beneficial to the future growth and success of the company.
Its the construction world of business
Instrument fitter helper 2 (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 10, 2018
Overall not terrible they could do more on raises when applicable recognize people do have family they have to tend to and personal business they could fix the bus situation or system however you want to work it overall I'm neutral because it was cb&I when I hired in McDermott took over recently so to give a full bad review I cant and to give a great review I cant
Pros
Cant think of any pros
Cons
Bus ride sucks job is a wreck raises are far and few between
Very faced paced and a great work environment
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LASeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for McDermott. I would definitely work for them again. Great company and great people. My manager was great and always helpful in any situation!
Very good work experience
Automatic Welding Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 4, 2018
Loved working there. Had a very good relationship with all of my co workers. I was able to work in Singapore. I would love to do that again. Would love to work for them again.
Pros
Great experiece
Cons
Not a full time job
Chaotic enviroment
QAQC/NDE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 4, 2018
Very chaotic place to work. constant changes in personnel. job duties are priotized by current need to catch up on behind work.my leadership was always confrontational in approaching in issue
Pros
Cons
never know your schedule
Human talent
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LASeptember 1, 2018
An amazing human talent. Multicultural company with worldwide projects
They view females deferently unfairly unjustly
Framer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2018
Stable work if you never want to get anywhere.they never regonize woen and sadly i knew my job but made under what laborers made after 2 years.sucky job.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Never respect for women
Stressful
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
Fast-paced and stressful. A ton of attorneys and a lot deadlines and egos. Constant micromanaging and forced overtime. Workplace culture is very conservative.
Level ll MagnaFlux Tech. and Flux-core welder (Former Employee) –  Amelia, LAAugust 21, 2018
A typical day at work, first job I've had good place in and out of weather, my own office company truck that i used to go to Ship yard and meet employees.
Pros
Creative
Cut throat management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2018
If management didn't like you they would have people set you up and lie. Great place to work until shift in management. Corporate sided with management and didn't seem to care about employees
Mwe
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
I worked for several different attorneys of different practices and experience. I feel as if I learned from each of them and was treated with respect.
Fun and great people
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 31, 2018
McDermott was my entry level job in construction and I couldn't thank them enough for giving me that chance. From working days to nights, I never felt like I wasn't being appreciated.
Pros
Night shift. Free PPE.
Cons
Too many rain outs. We worked harder not smarter.
not a bad place to work
combo pipe welder/pipe fittr (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 30, 2018
not a bad place to work stressful sometimes but it pays the bills know what i mean. superbisors are okay just get on youre nerves sometimes ...................
Good people
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 29, 2018
Advanced knowledge in the field and fun to work with. Happy workers are productive workers. Safety culture was very in-tune with environment. Management was easy to work with, NOT foreboding and micro-managing. However, left as a journeyman to another company to be a helper.. higher pay and room to move up. Though still paid well. Wish I didn't leave.
Pros
Received per diem for entire week (7 days) as long as made 6 hrs of scheduled work days.
Fast-paced and Challenging Work
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 29, 2018
McDermott offers opportunities for young professionals to take on challenging projects. I was lucky to be apart of a large project that had thousands of people working on it for several years. The work-life balance is not great, but it is to be expected with the construction industry.
Safty focused work environment, but lacking in orgonization
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 28, 2018
The company was very safty focused, putting workers safty on a constant topic at meetings both weekly and daily. How ever I found that the organizational skills of the management team to be very lacking both at a Forman level and further up the chain.
Pros
Great benifits, great work enviroment, great facilities
Cons
Poor orgonizational skills, poor planing.
Shortlived
Contract Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2018
I was hired to do contract work for them, but the project was cancelled so my contract ended early. It was okay, but sometimes I felt like I didn't get enough feedback on what they actually wanted.
Great
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 14, 2018
There so many great things that I could say about mcdermott better a very good company to work for they take you there ploy everyone on site will mannered will dress text her job very seriously
Pros
Lot
Not impressed with Project Controls Management
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 11, 2018
Project Controls management is a joke... they do not care about their subordinates at all. Laid off excellent people because of politics. Terrible management from the very top of the department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about