McDermott

McDermott Employee Reviews

United States481 reviews
I worked very hard and showed what all I can do and how fast I learned, and still was able to climb the ladder I was never granted the skills test to level up even though I knew more then others it wasn't about what you know but who you knew.
Excelente esxperiencias . Mucha actividades y protocolo de seguridad industrial
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Cons
Pocos
Great people! Great place to work. Great benefits and salary compensation. I worked with CB&I / McDermott on six projects in three states. I left because of the oil and gas market decline.
Es muy tanquilo muy bien organisados responses seguros
Pros
Si
Workplace convenience and Design Team makes it so comfortable to work and feel successful with the work you do for the Office. ( Plainfield, IL )...
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The company is a leader in the EPC industry with multi national operating offices world wide. With a streamlined work flow supported by senior management, people are able to focus on what they do the best to contribute to the business, either with specialized skill set or general skills.

Es único lugar donde me gustaría seguir trabajando, me encanto la experiencia de trabajar con ustedes.
Pros
Puedes alcanzar tus metas.
Cons
Los latinos son muy envidiosos.
Good pay for work you do. They provided most of the tools you needed to do your job. Plenty of work around the country if you want to travel and stay with company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Travel
The electrical group worked well together, we could communicate issues with other disciplines to the benifit of the projects.
Good Engineers and Designers!
This company gives plenty of opportunity to advance and made me feel worthy doing my job! They were very understanding when I had become pregnant and had complications. I had to leave work longer than expected. They welcomed me back with open arms! I was treated very well by site management as well as the corporate office
I had almost 10 years in this company, i hope they can survive their financial problems, i cant say anything negative about MDR. Recommended workplace for professionals.
Days at work are mostly good and success. Friendly and supportive. You learn so much as you work and help one another. Always communicate and work as a team.
Been with McDermott going on four years This is my second project with them made several advances in my positions This project has been miss managed and moral is at a all time low
Good for advancement ..alot of hours. Not much home life. You are just a number but good if you show up and can pass a drug test. Hard hot work like every construction job
The pay scale was above average... very good benefits. I enjoyed my time there and would gladly work for them again. There were some financial challenges but I never felt them at the project level.
Benefits
Cons
Financial status of Company
Salaries are high for comparable positions.
There is a strong culture of keeping secrets from those you are supposed to be working with.

Within a month of a round of layoffs that saved the company ~$2.5M, the CEO pocketed a $3M retention bonus.

After confirming that everyone was ready and capable of working from home, the company delayed sending employees home until they had first completed layoffs, despite having two known cases of COVID-19 in the building.
Pros
high salaries
Cons
culture of keeping secrets
My day at work starts like most. I like getting there early some i can look for things i can do to make it a safe work day. I have learned that safety is top when you work on Mcdermott job sites. Everyone is helpful and will try to get the things you need. I enjoy working with so many good poeple.
Great place to work. Set hours. Good people to work with. Had a lot of fun working here. Some room for advancement but be patient for it. Gotta take action and talk to the right ones to move up and of course be a hard worker. Don't get used for working too hard.
I worked for McDermott for about 6 Years, the company focus on the Employees well being, salary is good, could improve the communication transparency from top excecutives
Company should be more efficient in assessment of employee satisfaction and advancement. Company human resources staff needs more information about the difference between supervisor and employee of the
Great paying job good flexible hours great staffing and equal opportunity as well understanding people enjoyed workin with them an hopefully will soon
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.