McDermott

McDermott Employee Reviews

United States2,042 reviews

Found 2,042 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,670 reviews
mcdermottsafetynuclearprojectconstructioncraftforemanlng

EPC company that attempted to get into pipe fabrication

Stressful in most instances because of poor planning and leadership.Quarterly reviews and the importance of managing overheads.Management team communication was good.Workplace culture was fair.Dealing with some of the teams negative attitude.Meeting deadlines.

Company has its own goals but management sometimes is not in the same page. Overall it is a good company to work for. If, I had the opportunity to work for it again I will.

McDermott insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

What is the best part of working at CB&I?My ManagersWhat is the most stressful part about working at McDermott/CB&I?Schedule DemandsWhat is the work environment and culture like at CB & I CONSTRUCTION?Friendly, Busy, ProfessionalWhat is a typical day like for you at CB&I?Safety is first and foremost, allot of focus needed for job tasks, overviews of work accomplished

Es bueno porque hay buena comunicación con los empleados y eso facilita un buen enfoque

Excelente trabajo con la compañía buena comunicación con los empleados y buenos beneficios

Very good company to work for.

Company cares for employees, pay rate is always on hand depending on your skills, sometimes recruiters may offer you come back after two or three months at their office to discuss payment again if gained experienced in that short time.

Pros

Good job environment and communication with supervisors

Cons

N/a

Great people to work with. Had a lot of fun and hung a lot of iron.

Safety bonuses and end of job bonuses. They have a good safety culture and took care of us. Kept us on site in rain and lightning instead of sending us home.

Busy always had something to do

Very healthy and happy to be apart of this company I love looking to work the next dayDon’t mind working 7 days a week when everyone is happy to be at work it feels like family to me🙏🙏

Good Job. Management needs improvement. Needs fresh Ideas. Over stressed out. Needed to rely more on Middle management.

Good Job. Good lower and middle management. Upper Management needs improvement. Older and out of date management. Needs fresh Ideas. Over stressed out. Needed to rely more on Middle management, mainly General Foreman and Foreman to make minor decisions about planning and production procedures.

Productive workplace to work for

Great place for advancement. Management was great. It was well organized as far as work assignments went and the people were great to work with. Safety was great as well.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Rainouts

Great company to work for

I had a very good experience with the McDermott family. I started with CB&I and McDermott bought them out . I didn't know what to expect but it was a great experience.

Pros

Safety and training

Cons

Road life but I signed up for it

Great place to work. Management is responsive. Colleagues are friendly. Compensation is fair.

Constantly surrounded by intelligent and motivated peers who consistently do their best, which motivates you to do yours. Compensation is fair, although hours can be long.

Nice and organized

Sent some time at this company and all i csnsayis manager is cool and understanding and company has your back. If you need s job and looking for work this is a good one

Good Company Overall

Good company if you get on a good crew. The job uncertainty gets old. The people for the most part are easy to get along with and willing to teach you if you are willing to learn

Pros

Pay, learn alot

Cons

Being away from family

Get ready to work

You need to be on top of your game to stay at the top here. Just do your work and be genuine. I believe they recognize that. The only problem with being in a large corporate environment like this one is that it is a business and you are just another number.

Pros

nice headquarters

Cons

never know when the ax is coming

Nice company they care about they workers

I enjoy the time working for this company and I hope working with them again I have too many good experience and too many opportunity is a nice conpany

Good pay with good benefits and wonderful people to work with

Best thing I liked about working for McDermott is that they are very team- oriented. Before working with them, I had only had experience with working system scaffold, but afterwards I learned how to build with tube and clamp. With that, it took my game to the next level.

Rewarding and interesting construction work

Worked in the construction group at numerous sites along the gulf coast. Work was rewarded by seeing tangible progress made everyday. However, long hours and undesirable work locations made a long term career unsustainable.

Pros

Per diem for site work

Cons

Long hours, undesirable work locations

Depends on your manager

It really just depends on where you work. I have a great manager so I love my job. It;s very stress free and easy. Some days are busy and some days are not. I feel that the pay is pretty fair for the market, but raises have been non-existent.

Horrible place to work

Good pay but horrible management a lot of people in charge don’t know what there doing a lot of them get there job positions because they got help from relatives but don’t be knowing anything about there craft

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

Different Company then when I started

I started as an employee of CB&I and was merged into McDermott. The company is okay, some pros and cons like any other company. The culture is different than when I first started with the organization, at that time they knew what they were good at and what they were not good at. Over the years they purchased other companies and tried to grow very fast. In the end it burned them as they attempted to do too much too fast and couldn't handle bringing in so many new people on new types of projects. The leftovers were collected by multiple companies and the original culture and company are gone forever.

Pros

Opportunities to see the world

Cons

Management changes and culture changes, work-life balance is one sided to work

Good work so far

Great amazing. Place to be I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is jsdjdjdj. Also I would mention that this job is beneficial to people that hahaab

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDermott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at McDermott.
Powered byComparably

Compare McDermott with

McDermott reviews by popular job title

• McDermott