McElroy Truck Lines
58Below average

McElroy Truck Lines Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews
A nice stepping stone towards a local job. Training program was awesome helped me become a trainer and better driver...................................
Excellent starter company ,
Learning flatbed secure load tie down

New equipment

Great holiday pay home every weekend

Excellent vacation pay

They really help new drivers
Not a bad company to work for, great benefits. They got your health insurance covered and home every week! Only complaint I'd have would be that some of the dispatchers are coming and going, other than that it's a great company.
McElroy is vigilant when it comes to home time , you ARE home on weekends, vary vary rare to work weekend , but available if you want them.all staff is helpful,friendly and want you to succeed
Fleet managers is the down fall, not getting lay over pay, brake down pay, and having to leave out on Sunday before church I understand some Sunday's but not everyone of them. Fleet managers are very disrespectful, make it seems everything go wrong is the driver fault. Not all managers cause I enjoyed my first manager.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A good company to start and learn the trucking business for... The work is there, just the pay doesn't equal the work. The people are amazing and I wouldn't take any of it back.. I appreciate them.
You can't trust anything they say. They don't like to hire Veterans even though they will say they do. Much better companies to work for. They will use any excuse to get rid of Vets. Service to our Country means noting to them.
Garbage sucker would not recommend any one to work there the fleet manager are rude disrespectful and think the driver has to kiss there Buts and talk to you in a very rude way
Pros
Cons
Fleet manager
Control miles. May not get the miles you want in order to have a good pay week. Other than that over all its a good company. I enjoyed my time there and recommend new drivers with families to give this company a try
Good place to work for someone wanting flatbed experience. They have great, late model equipment. When I was there they were using mostly 10 speeds. But they started transitioning to automatic transmissions. I don't know if they completed that transition yet. I don't want want flatbed work anymore due to the stress on my hands. McElroy is a good company for flatbed lovers.
Pick-up and delivery of building products for nationally know home improvement companies. Load securement, including tarping and un-tarping. Newer drivers will need to build up seniority before realizing higher mileage loads. Well maintained equipment and qualified support staff. Occasional down time between loads. Overall a good company to start your driving career with.
Ok job, I wanted to get paid more money. I think that most pro drivers are under paid. Culture was cool always paid on time. Not somewhere I spend 20 yrs because the opportunity is stagnant. Will never enter a new tax bracket. Need better bonuses and incentives for drivers.
Get your license. Get your training here and then move on to a different company that will treat you with the respect you deserve as a driver. I did my work, kept out of radar because you are watched like a hawk and they keep track of your trailer history and you get disciplined for any "negligence" you leave behind.
Pros
Minimum pay
Cons
You get minimum pay a lot...
Excellent starter truck job. Gets you home every weekend and has great benefits. Good miles per week. meet a lot of great people while in training and on the road.
When I started I was making great money but each year it has gone down.A lot of waiting on loads.Use to get 8 or 10 loads a week now your lucky if you get 6 or 7.It slows down alot in the Fall and Winter time
.I can not explain much because I have only been with this particular company for a couple of weeks now. I am currently in my first week of orientation.
Great job if you want a part time job that keeps you away from home 5 days a week. They pay good for what you do but you average less than 1500 miles per week and still gone 5 days. Company lacks ability to adapt to change, seems as if they believe that they are still a five star company when they are at best average. Pay attention to what I just said, this was a premier flatbed company that I was actually planning on retiring from, but now after 12+ years I don't see progress in this company just them accepting that the way it is, is what its going to be.
Pros
Get home on the weekends, as long as you live in freight lanes
Cons
Everything else
They get you home EVERY weekend, but sometimes late on Friday, and early out on Sunday. They pay well, and I got pretty good miles, just a lot of work off the clock, and they expect you to go, go, go!
Pros
Great money
Cons
Very little home time.
The training is too notch it is 7 weeks which breaks down to 2 wks at either the pleasant Hill NC terminal or the Cuba AL terminal or Ennis Tx. Then 4 weeks with a driver mentor and one week in Cuba Al. Drivers on average have between 1700-3000 miles per week , FYI you don't need 3000 miles for a good paycheck with the per diem, tarp pay, and minimum pay per load you make decent momeyyomakudecent
Pros
Employee paid health insurance, decent money, and home every weekend
Cons
Hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Just keep the rules and guidelines and they will love you and you will want to work their forever. I worked there then left and came back (in a hurry)
Very picky with they truck . Cameras facing in and out
Monday 7 am delivery policy, make you always!!! I leave out early Sunday most of time . Out there u find way better companies to work for and also more money without trapping every load because is they policy to tarp it even tho some load don’t need to be tarped.

Ah.... reporting every little scratch on your truck otherwise you be in trouble buddy.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Little money, lots of work, lots Pensilvania trips, get you home late and leave out Sunday .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at McElroy Truck Lines. Our community is ready to answer.