McEntire Produce Employee Reviews

Nice job , better pay
Machine Operator/Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2019
Great job it had good hours that you work .it’s very cold inside so you would need to bring a sweater or two ,the only thing that needs work on is better pay.
Great place to make money
Maintenance Technician/Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2019
Horrible management, back biting co-workers, the Maintenance Manager at the time showed extreme favoritism towards those that were of Mexican heritage and the rest of us however , well you know ...
productive
Material Handler/ Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 17, 2019
a typical day I was able to learn much from the position I had performed many systems of the engineering professions that require skill in technicalities of the electronic and mechanical platforms that sequence advances in companies totality proprietary.
bad management
Material Handler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2019
moved from stacking boxes to a material handler never got my raise always work as a team effort but my manager did not want me too my supervisor would always ask me for help no matter what position i was working team work was key
Cold
Industrial Ammonia REGRIGERATION Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2019
Be prepared to dress warm it's a refrigerated plant first shift isn't that bad but second shift has something to be desired. Not only is it cold but there's sometime you will have to stay until products are all done whatsoever time that maybe
Pros
You have a job
Production Plant
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 7, 2019
The best part of the job was doing my work ad getting my paycheck coming to work doing what was asked and go home.
Off day on Thursday. Management are somewhat good. The hardest part of the job is the fumes in the inside of the plant.
Pros
Pay for snacks
Cons
Short breaks
The job wasn’t the best but I managed
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 17, 2019
The job was different from what I’m use to but I made a way to get through the rough days the money wasn’t much but this job does give u benefits not a place to make friends
I THOUGHT I knew what multitasking was 😬
Supply Chain Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 7, 2019
Have to be able to deal with constant changing variables while performing 5-8 different task simultaneously. High paced but fun job when everything is running smoothly.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 17, 2019
It was OK sometime sometime it wasn’t the management this sucks I Once was dealing with the manager that came to work drunk every day and that is one of the reasons why I left
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Poor management
Horrible place to work its what you make it
Quality Assurance lead (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2019
Horrible place to work but if you do start there just get the work done and go home. Alot of favoritism in every department. Management is very sad they tell peoples personal business that only HR should know. Very demanding no weekends off which i dont mind but they dont wanna let take a day of paid vacation.
fun
paker/ palletizier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 26, 2019
we made sure that produce was was shipped, out on time, and that is clean. i had made sure that the paper work was done correctly so that is was in inventory with the exact amount of product that we needed for that order of the day.
Pros
working to earn more money
Cons
depend on you alot if you are relable
Great company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 1, 2019
Truely enjoy working with the people at McEntire, I have made long lasting friends and coworkers. I have been given great opportunities to advance and have taken full advantage
Pros
Good health care program, good advancement opportunities
Cons
Cold
produtive
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2019
The work situation was cold and wet also high pace. We receive short breaks. The company had afford a lot of beneficent. Management and staff work with employees.
They are ok
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 4, 2019
They are OK just management is full of it just in the forklift department they tend to try to do you any kind of way when you are new the managers just complain about you
Not a great experience
PROCESSING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Very Cold environment with no proper work attire given and proper protective equipment available to do the job effectively. leadership unruly and teams are mismanaged.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
cold environment and unhealthy working Conditions
Productive fast paced
Palletizer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2018
It was overall steady work. A good structure place.very good atmosphere. Steady paced work environment. Very diverse and able to advance. The company was very by the book.The job was demanding yet prosper. It was an unique experience.
Pros
Equal oppurtunity. Advancement benefits
Cons
Short breaks. Cold climate
Just work
Food Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 13, 2018
This is a great place to work. Tune out any negativity and you will be fine. Rumors run jobs into the ground, not work as long as you are being productive.
Pros
Smiling faces and a way to make ends meet
Cons
Negative people who should be avoided at all cost
productive and fun
CSR Credit & Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2018
I loved my job. At times the job couldI' be stressful but it comes with the territory. m sad I had to leave but I would go back for sure if I ever had the opportunity.
Pros
unlimited lunch breaks
Cons
insurance was exspensive
This isn't a nice place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 21, 2018
The production floor is very COLD and WET, making it difficult to work. You are required to stand for long periods of time in the cold and wet. Management doesn't care.
Pros
I don't think there is one.
Cons
Difficult working conditions, very cold and wet.
Its an ok job
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2018
Worked hard through the week. Sometimes it feels like you dont get time off. They run you hard and make it difficult for you to get days off. The pay is ok. Unloading at different customers is a different story. Wish they had a bonus for unloading, especially the 1,600 pound pallets of onions that you have to unload with a pallet jack