MCG Health System Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the patients
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to keep the patients focused on improving their health and truly seeing results. If given the chance to work at MCG again, I will.
Pros
Patients
Cons
N/a
Great company to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 21, 2018
Enjoyed working with the employees in each store I visited. Management was fine, always available by phone or email to answer any questions I had while I was out in the field.
It was ok working for mcg at times
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2018
My job was taking care of people that was sick and helping the Nurses with them and helping them when they needed me to help.and if I had to go back yes I will
Pros
Cons
Yes we did have health insurance
Collaborative place to work with many experienced and creative people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2018
MCG is an excellent place to work. I worked from home and traveled to clients twice per month. I would normally work from 8am to 6pm at home. The job was primarily telephonic / Web-ex consulting with clients and collaborating with the rest of the MCG team by phone to help clients implement and integrate software and maximize the use of the case management guidelines. The culture at MCG was focused on working as a humble, hungry (ambitious) and smart (emotionally and socially). Th most enjoyable part of this job was helping my clients to reach their goals and getting to know them. They were interesting, kind and motivated people. The hardest part of this job was the travel, because it usually involved getting up very early and traveling home very late.
Pros
Great clients and colleagues, generous salary and bonuses, great leadership
Cons
Travel long hours, poor management
Tired
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2018
If you like working all the time to meet job requirements MCG is for you. Forget a work life balance. I trained all day, traveled and answered emails all night.
Family
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2018
One of the best places I have worked at. Challenging work at times, but a great atmosphere - people interested in working together to improve healthcare - something that actually matters in the world.
Lots of opportunities for continuous learning, and great support from management for growth and development.
Great conpany
Contract Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2017
Administrative position in the contracts department, reviewing legacy contracts.

Workplace culture is friendly, collaborative. Everyone is trusting, respectful.
Pros
Coffee, bottled water, etc provided
friendly and nice staff
Application System Analyst / Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 9, 2017
Very strong collaborative work approach, very understanding cowrokers and managers. opppertunity for personal and proefssional growth as its located in an an academic setting
Good
Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PROctober 27, 2017
I worked in MCG corporation as Speech Lenguaje Therapist. My experience was incredible, MCG didn't pay their specialists even after 3 months of service.
Great Place
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
Great place to work. Job eliminated in downsizing. Friendly supervisors, coworkers. Flexible hours and overtime available. Would recommend to anyone.
MCG Merchandising
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton OhioOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible hours, great supervisors. You can make your own schedule based on the parameters set by the client. Relaxing work. You can set your own schedule based on what dates the clients need the report done by. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your own schedule and deciding if you want to take on a project or not.
Pros
Plan your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
fast paced
Lead Plumbing / Mechanical Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 25, 2017
Keeping plumbing mechanical equipment operating efficiently , working with management team in providing good outcomes for patient family centered care.
Mcg
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Working for company was not a pleasant experience there is no opportunity to grow after all the hard work put in. Management is terrible as well. Training is also very unprofessional.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Hours
Nice people, somewhat boring job
Digital Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2017
The people at MCG are very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. Some of the people on my team are overworked (more than 40 hours/week) but they don't seem tremendously stressed about it. My manager is very kind and approachable, as is pretty much everyone I've met at the company. The job itself is rather dull; to be honest I hate Google Analytics, but at least it pays pretty well and people are pretty chill about helping me learn how to use various technologies. I don't have benefits because I got hired through an agency, but I think my coworkers who are regular employees have decent benefits packages. Very happy about the company culture; it's great to work with people who are kind, non-judgmental and fun to talk to. As far as a 9 to 5 job goes, it's pretty good, but I absolutely hate 9 to 5 so I will never ever give 5 stars to any 9 to 5 job. I really wish employers would offer more 10 to 4 jobs. It's impossible to stay focused for 8 hours a day, and even 6 hours is really pushing it.
Pass on this one!
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2017
No development mgr, just product Mgr, hence huge technical debt.
No Design documents, just User Guides documents.
No code comments in large legacy code base.
Lots of junk food in middle of work area.
Must take bus to work since parking is $35/day or $375/mo onsite.
Extreme traffic congestion in Seattle location. Hard to find street parking.
Pros
Nice view of Mt. Rainier from cafe.
Cons
No code comments in large legacy code base
formula /food an nutrition
Nutrition Clerk, / Food An Nutrition (Former Employee) –  1446 harper st.augusta ga. 30912April 17, 2017
started off quick fast rushed that was the entire day. i learned a lot from serving trays and delivering formula as well.great coustomer service. an most of all visiting the paitients. dealing with co-workers. was the hardest of it all but i managened. the most imporant for me was to make sure the paitients where happy and satisfied
Pros
visiting the paitients
Cons
the job was stressful
Enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 31, 2017
Management took pride in safety of their staff and patients as well. Everybody was treated equally and very family oriented. Officers and
management had respect for one another.
Fun work atmosphere
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
We have a great work culture and office environment. There is room for improvement as far as career advancement goes and pay scale.
Great job for caregivers and moms!
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 22, 2016
I've been working for this company for over a year and I am very pleased with the flexibility and nature of this job. I highly recommend it to people who are looking for a part time employment with flexibility of hours.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
Drive
Opportunities to meet people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2016
I was able to utilize my outgoing personality to talk to a variety of clients. The job was not challenging at all, but if you enjoy meeting new and different people this is the perfect job.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Shifts